Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bastards and banter (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 4:52:31 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"So... what's with the Braviary?"

He really didn't know much about them to strike conversation one on one. He might've let the situation pass by in silence before remembering distinctly that unusual bird in his possession during the infiltration of the Tree of Life. At the time, they'd had more pressing matter to attend to, but now he could afford the curiosity.

"Did something happen to it...?" Gavin's pokemon were all like that, too, and he'd once owned a Corviknight with a similar disposition, but this one... It brandished a power similar to Yveltal. It'd unleashed its signature move, Oblivion Wing. It screamed of some sort of connection.

Yet for all either of them knew, there wasn't one.
ROUND 6
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bastards and banter (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 18:10:57 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"uh, of course!" priam proudly states. "he's the hero with a mysterious, dark and edgy backstory."

his voice dwindles down from excitement, but the pep was still present. the volume lowers as priam gives the other a very vague explanation for the pokemon, careful not to leak it to any eavesdroppers.

"he was taken away from his home, imprisoned against his own will. under the watchful eyes of his captors, he's been experimented on, giving him supernatural powers that he would soon then use for vengeance!"

for others, it seemed like priam was just spewing out a cliched plot of a hero story with a dark past. for those who are in the organization long enough, it was clear that priam was alluding to the rocket labs that produced artificial shadow pokemon.

still, others that came out of that room alive exhibited more unique abilities than his pokemon, including changes to their appearances. yveltal's avatar sits before him, and the only thing that makes his braviary unique was that one move it has in common with the legend itself.

"he's not all that different though. is he?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bastards and banter (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 8:40:30 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Maybe not. Still unusual." It was enough to satisfy his curiosity to know Priam didn't want to talk about it too much; you can only press an issue so much before you become a bother. He tries instead to shift the focus.

"So, what do you think of the Distortions?"

Were they the fallout of their tinkering around the Tree of Life, or something more? Perhaps this had all been set in motion by the Unown Assassins, or mayhaps it was a domino effect of the first Ultraspace Wormhole to open a rift in Hoenn's space-time? None could say for certain as to why it appeared, and what exactly they were seeing on the other side: Past, future or alternate reality?

He hoped speculation made for interesting conversation.
ROUND 6
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bastards and banter (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 18:19:05 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"i'unno, man. everything's just so weird."

he leans back on his seat, arms dangling on his side. he's never found a reason to question the existence of the time-space distortion until now, to which he takes the short period of him acting up to think up of some sort of conspiracy.

when he finally decides on one, he suddenly sits upright with a straight back.

"ooh, maybe it's some sort of nightmare land like the one at that mossdeep party! y'know? the one with illusions and stuff. what's it called again... they used a fancy word to call it..."

he folds his arms, head down as he thinks of the word. his head swings right back up when he gets it.

"soiree! yeah, that's what it's called."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bastards and banter (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 0:50:15 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"You think so?" It was as good a guess as any, though he wondered if anyone was able to take away anything physical from the Soiree incident. He only had the memories to show for it, although perhaps that wasn't always the case. Yet now they could discover and capture new pokemon, with no explanation from the League.

"Have you been there yourself yet?"
ROUND 6
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bastards and banter (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 18:24:34 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the image of the event was still burned on his head, mostly due to it being recent. with time it would fade, most likely because other, more serious things would happen soon.

"heh, yeah. 'course i did. didn't even shit myself the entire time i was there!"

he freaked out a lot, but since he didn't cry or anything similar, he counts it as a win.

"the place was so weird tho! got one of my pokemon turn to something else. i thought it would be so cool to get something unique since i haven't seen a variant like that before, but then i realized everyone else would've gotten one, and, like, it just killed the vibe for me, dude."

having something to brag about was nice, but the value of it quickly diminishes when someone else has it. priam felt like he wasn't a chosen one anymore once that realization came to him.

"did you go too?" he asks.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bastards and banter (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 23:04:33 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Yeah, and I ended up finding this really fuckin' weird deer." Weird deer. That was definitely going to end up the scientific name for it, he was certain. Antlers didn't go perfectly perpendicular in straight lines, like antennae. Not naturally. And it had grown a damn beard.

It wasn't everyday you saw Gandalf of the forest.

"I didn't stay long though. There were lots of hostile pokemon, and I wasn't sure if I could get stuck in there or not." He'd been in there long enough to get a taste for it, then backed out. Until they understood the phenomena, it wasn't something they should fuck with lightly.
ROUND 6
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bastards and banter (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 4:03:24 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he starts to wonder what does happen if one stays within the zone. he's not going to do it, but he's going to ask around if people are willing to do it.

"people definitely would've tried i bet! wonder if any of them are people i actually know of though."

not everyone's going to mention they broke the public service announcement of the league though. then again, this was hoenn. breaking the rules was the fun that even civilians tend to do, which makes priam feel at home sometimes.

the round ends. people start shuffling out of their spots to go to their next partner. priam does the same as everyone else.

"oh. there's that. have fun with the next round!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
bastards and banter (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 7:03:00 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS