30 posts
Hide Moriya DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @phantasm
Hide Moriya
Wooloo Hill [Open Mission]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 5:01:57 GMT
Hide Moriya Avatar
"Ow!" Hide exclaimed while tumbling head over heels. Bouncing down the hill like a tire, he came to 'rest' in a small puddle at the bottom. Staring up at the clouds for a minute, he wondered why in the world he was doing this.

Money!

It wasn't easy being a mostly-independent researcher. At the least, ad revenue from his not-so-popular blog certainly didn't cover the costs for his trips or his equipment. So the aspiring archeologist had been reduced to odd jobs.

Reluctantly standing up and wiping the mud off himself (in vain), Hide saw that one of the Wooloo he'd been tasked with guarding was rolling around in a circle. Close behind it was Surus, his Donphan, who was keeping it in one spot for him. Yet this was only one of many Wooloo, all of whom were rolling up and down and around the hill.

I could really use some help, he thought exasperatedly before jogging off towards the sheep.

Open Mission | WC: 162 | Wooooooooloo
[break]

close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
bits and pieces, strung together
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 6:15:07 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]I like the dirty rhythm you play.
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
“Gahahahaha! Oh, what a lovely sight!”

The poor, beleaguered researcher would hear the utterly thrilled laughter of a woman who had just come across a real life slapstick comedy bit going on in front of her, her laughter complete with the distinct accent of a posh Galarian as she spoke. Were Hide to turn around, he’d come face to face with her piercing emerald eyes and her immensely amused grin. Walking past him, the black-haired stranger would take stock of the situation he was facing, before turning to him with that same grin, like a cheshire cat that had found an interesting little critter.

“You seem to be in a bit of a pickle, hmm? Not to worry, much fun as it is to see someone run themselves ragged like you’re doing, I’m not entirely without sympathy.”

Clutching one of her pokeballs, Mòrag would toss it out in front of her, and out came a Salazzle, bearing the same expression of amused curiosity that her trainer was, almost like she was her clone, or something.

“Oh, Isabellaaa~.” Mòrag said in a sing-songy voice, “Make those Wooloos more amenable to being corralled, would you?”

Isabella nodded, seemingly already knowing what to do. Flaring her arms and swishing her tail from side to side, Hide would notice the air being suffused with a sweet, pleasant smell. One that made a person want to relax and take it a bit slower. Isabella had used sweet scent.

And it was affecting the wooloos as well. Though they still rolled around as wooloos were wont to do, the smell was evidently making them a fair bit more candid, slowing down. Some were even coming around to investigate the source of the pleasant scent, which would surely make their herding plenty easier.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ to the rescue!
not before a bit of teasing, though~
[attr="class","mizocredit"]
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit a]font:bold 6pt calibri;letter-spacing:1px;color:#b5d1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #ffad32);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#ffffff;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Phantasm

Hideyoshi
He/Him/His
Twenty-three
February 26th
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Researcher
Cadet
5 whoppers and....... 5 more whoppers
awards
30 posts
Hide Moriya DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @phantasm
Hide Moriya
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 7:06:49 GMT
Hide Moriya Avatar
"Laugh it up while you can," Hide joked with a smile at the pair. "You're looking at the best Wooloo herder west of Unova!"

"That was a joke." Trying and failing to look presentable, he pulled on the flaps of his jacket in an attempt to shake free some more of the mud. "I'm really an archeologist." he said with faux poshness while pushing up his glasses. "Well, not right-"

Smelling the pleasant scent, Hide calmly turned to look at the Wooloos. They were a bit slower now, thankfully. Surus had given up the chase though and come wandering back to her trainer. Placing one hand on the Donphan's back, he looked back at the woman and her Salazzle. "Thanks for the help! I'm Hide."

Open Mission w/ | WC: 125 | saved!
[break]

close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 8:54:41 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
“Oh, dear. If you’re the best, then we’re truly doomed.”

Mòrag chuckled as she winked at him, sticking out her tongue for good measure. Though the teasing stopped, she still seemed to take some measure of amusement from Hide’s situation.

“Oh!” Mòrag reacted with some surprise upon hearing his actual occupation, before smirking cheekily, “Well, I wouldn’t doubt that one could find the mysteries to all pokémon within the endless depths of a Wooloo’s wool~.”

Chuckling at her own quip, the raven-haired lady would introduce herself, “And I’m Mòrag. It’s nice to meet you.” If her accent didn’t give it away, her name screamed “Galarian” to anyone who cared to give it a lick of thought.

Looking towards the herd of Wooloos, she put her hand on her chin, clearly thinking about something.

“Hmmhmm.” She mused, “Herding all those Wooloos sounds like a lot of hard work that I don’t particularly care to engage in. Oh, Orianna?”

As she said this, she threw out another pokeball, and out came a Ralts, blinking as she looked around and took in her surroundings.

“Be a dear and teleport those Wooloos over here, please. Take it as training to improve the accuracy of your teleport.” The half-arsed attempt at masking her lack of desire to work was all too obvious, and Orianna shot Mòrag an exasperated look, “Pretty please? I’ll give you a milkshake afterwards~.”

Now that was certainly a good offer, if Orianna’s expression was anything to go by. A conflicted look on her face, Orianna eventually resigned with a cute little sigh before getting to work, disappearing in a flash and reappearing beside a Wooloo as she began her work.

Grinning, she’d shoot a sideways look to Hide.

“Work smarter, not harder~.”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ teleporting is a very nifty ability
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit a]font:bold 6pt calibri;letter-spacing:1px;color:#b5d1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #ffad32);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#ffffff;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Phantasm

Hideyoshi
He/Him/His
Twenty-three
February 26th
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Researcher
Cadet
awards
30 posts
Hide Moriya DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @phantasm
Hide Moriya
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 19:39:41 GMT
Hide Moriya Avatar
The teleported Wooloos froze in their tracks with some even falling over mid-roll. Before long though, they had it in their mind to wander off again. "Rambunctious bunch, huh?" Hide laughed. "Maybe there's something we can do to keep them in one spot for a while..."

After a moment or two of deliberating while fidgeting with his glasses, he spoke. "Maybe like this?" Grabbing two of his pokeballs, he threw out Aristomachos and Redwall. The Larvitar and Drilbur looked expectantly at each other, and after Hide attempted to explain to them, they moved together towards the collected Wooloo.

"If I have Machos kick up some soil," Moriya explained as Larvitar thrashed about. "Then Redwall can push all the dirt into a big circle around the Wooloo. Keep them a little bit more penned up." Sure enough, the pair set to work and barely a few minutes later a rudimentary-looking dirt wall surrounded the penned-up Pokemon.

Normally they'd attempt to escape but, contented by the sweet scent, they merely lazily rolled around in a big circle. He almost envied them. Oh what fun to be a Wooloo, rolling all over. Certainly wouldn't have to worry about money.

"Well, at least now it looks like they'll sit still for a bit." Hoping to make some small talk and whittle away the time, he asked about her accent. "Nice to meet you, Mòrag. Is that Galarian? Awful far out of the way, if so." He said, though a keen ear may have heard the spoken-over faint screeches of a bird pokemon from far away.

Open Mission w/ | WC: 261 | some big bird bois on the way
[break]

close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 23:12:00 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
“Ugh.”

Mòrag groaned at the thought of having to somehow keep all those Wooloo in one place, but fortunately for her, Hide had just the answer for her to avoid working hard. Listening to his idea, she nodded with an approving smile.

“Now that’s a lovely idea! Maybe you truly will claim the title of best Wooloo herder west of Unova~.” She teased with a small grin as she watched his pokémon get to work.

“You have the right of it.” She responded to his query, “From Hammerlocke, specifically. Old place, big castle. I’m here on ah, work demands, you could say. Hoenn would hardly be my first choice, especially with how much of a shitshow it’s been lately… although who am I kidding? I probably wouldb’t be able to resist seeing the chaos for myself before long~.”

She would turn her head to look fully at Hide.

“What about you? Are you from Hoenn, or did you travel here as well?”

As she asked the question, however, previously ignored cries of flying pokémon drew closer, and they were certainly fierce. Eyes drawn to the sky, Mòrag would spot the cause of it. A Staraptor and a Braviary, locked in fierce battle. The Staraptor darted around the slower bird, taking strikes wherever it could, but the Braviary simply refused to back down, retaliating whenever it sensed the opportunity. So vicious was the fight that the two eventually caused each other to come crashing down onto the earth!

With a loud thud, the flying pokémon skidde to a halt several metres away. Though they expressed no interest in anything other than their fight at the moment, two pokémon hopped up on adrenaline would certainly be jumpy, not to mention they could startle the Wooloos and cause them to escape!

“Gah! Nothing’s ever easy, is it?” Came Mòrag’s aggravated comment, pulling out her last pokeball and tossing it forward. Out came a Mawile, already prepared to do her trainer’s bidding.

“Kick both their arses, Marianne! Hide, you’re helping!” She spoke, determined to stop anything that might make the job more difficult than it needed to be and running towards the battleground of the two flying pokémon.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ none shall interrupt her desire for an easy day
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Phantasm

Hideyoshi
He/Him/His
Twenty-three
February 26th
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Researcher
Cadet
awards
30 posts
Hide Moriya DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @phantasm
Hide Moriya
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 1:23:18 GMT
Hide Moriya Avatar
The scrabbling birds impacted with the earth, jostling Hide into action. Noticing Mòrag's Mawile was ready to do battle, he fished out Redwall's ball and sent the mole in.

"I wouldn't even think of not helping! You might want to guard your eyes though!" With a spiral gesture, he signaled the Drilbur. Tinking its claws together, it jumped up and dived down - digging a small hole in the ground, it spun around and whipped up a thick Sandstorm.

Coarse grains of sand filled the air, violently whipping at the two bird pokemon yet leaving Redwall and Marianne untouched. "I'm from Castelia City by the way," he yelled out over the storm. "The Big Applin!"

Realizing they had company, the two tussling pokemon angrily turned their attention to them. Untangling themselves, they hopped over to their opponents and prepared for a battle.

The Staraptor turned to Drilbur and quickly smacked him with a powerful Brave Bird, instantly knocking out the juvenile pokemon. Recalling him to his ball, Hide instead sent out Charlemagne - who began immediately charging up a powerful Discharge while Hide watched to see how Mòrag and Marianne would proceed now that Braviary was angrily staring them down.

Open Mission w/ | WC: 200 | mess 'em up
[break]

close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 2:17:02 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
With the Sandstorm being whipped up, Mòrag was forced to put an arm in front of her eyes, squinting to avoid getting sand in them. Ugh, she’d have to wash this all off later, what a pain!

Ah, whatever. Pokémon fights were like this, and she decided to focus all her energy on the fight rather than on further complaining.

“Perhaps we can continue our conversation after this!” Mòrag yelled back, focusing on the Braviary in front of them. It looked a fair bit worse for the wear in the wake of its bout with the Staraptor, but no less ready to fight.

With a sudden, bellowing cry, the Braviary charged. Rather than the agile Brave Bird of the Staraptor, it used a more haphazard and furious offensive, using claws, beak, wings, and body, unleashing a vicious attack using Thrash!

Marianne didn’t need to be told to dodge, doing her best to backpedal and keep space between her and the Braviary, but she was too small to effectively keep her distance. She couldn’t help but be struck by the rampaging bird, but through a mixture of both her evident experience in fighting and her Steel typing, she managed to stave off the worst of the attack.

“Use Iron Head!”

The order was all Marianne needed, and the Braviary’s reckless offensive left it wide open for counterattack. Screeching, it brought its beak down to peck at the Mawile, but it only met her now shiny iron forehead as she brought it forward. The sound was not unlike someone striking a gong, and one could hear the Braviary’s beak cracking from the sudden hard impact.

Screeching in pain, it would stumble backwards, and one could practically see the stars swirling around its head as it fumbled around in a complete daze. Marianne herself let out a small noise as she rubbed her forehead, although she otherwise seemed no worse for the wear.

In fact, with the Braviary now completely defenceless for the time being, the others might wish to take advantage of its vulnerable state…

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ newton's third law...
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Phantasm

Hideyoshi
He/Him/His
Twenty-three
February 26th
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Researcher
Cadet
awards
30 posts
Hide Moriya DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @phantasm
Hide Moriya
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 4:49:51 GMT
Hide Moriya Avatar
Marianne's attack had left the Braviary stumbling backward, where it bumped into the angry Staraptor. A squawking fest ensued, giving Charlemagne the opening it needed: in an instant a blinding light split open the storm as the Magnemite's Discharge was lobbed at the mostly unscathed bird.

A loud screech pierced the air as the storm dispersed. The bird had been left electrocuted and smoking, not in much better shape than his rival. Before either Hide or Mòrag had a chance to press the advantage though, another light began to shine from behind the wild pokemon. The noises of startled Wooloo could be heard as they rolled around their 'enclosure' in panic.

When the light had faded, a deep and loud bleat sounded out from the among the herd. One of the Wooloo had had enough and evolved into a Dubwool - scraping her hooves, she curled up in a ball and shot forward in a Rollout. Using the wall as a ramp, she flew up into the air and hurtled down at the birds. Smashing them both with her powerful horns in a Headbutt.

Having had as much as they could take, the Staraptor and Braviary let out of final squawk and took off flying with the last bit of their strength. Barely able to stay afloat, they weakly floated off towards the forest.

"Whew," Hide exhaled while wiping the sweat off his brow. "Glad that's over." The last bits of sand blew away with the breeze. The other Wooloo took after the Dubwool and rolled up and over the walls and resumed their routes all over the pasture.

---

While they got to talking, Hide let out the rest of his pokemon to help disassemble the dirt ring. Napoleon used his Water Sport to wet the dirt so Redwall could shovel it back where it came from. All the while Surus rolled back and forth, using her tire-like hide to flatten the displaced dirt until the pasture looked only a little worse for wear.

"Thanks for the help." Hide said as he laid on a clean patch of grass. Charlemagne floated above him, while Schliemann was perched on his shoulder giving Mòrag and her pokemon an odd look. Aristomachos sat nearby, taking a lunch in the form of a pile of excess dirt and sand Redwall had piled up.

"Don't know if you could hear me earlier, but I'm from Unova. It's where most of these guys are from too," he said pointing at his pokemon. "Other than Surus, my Donphan. Your Pokemon make this trip with you, too? Or did you catch them here?"

After awhile of chatting, the ranch owners returned and made sure they were paid for their help. Heading for the exit, he turned to Mòrag one last time. "Again, I appreciate the help. Those birds probably would've gotten the best of me without you and your friends." Hide handed her a little makeshift business card with his name and contact information on it. "Hit me up sometime if you're by Rustboro - I'd be happy to hang out."

Open Mission w/ | WC: 513 (sry) | nice thread - till next time!
Thread Exit
[break]

close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 13:15:58 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
The attack could not have gone better. Mòrag couldn’t help but smirk in delight as the two aggravating birds got tangled up with one another, only for the Staraptor to take a face full of Discharge from the Magnemite of her impromptu battle partner.

Gleeful grin on her face, she prepared to give Marianne further orders to attack, but the commotion behind her caught her attention. Just what on earth was-?

Oh.

Mòrag watched in surprise as the newly evolved Dubwool soared above them, only to slam into both the birdbrains and send them flying. The aggressive Staraptor and the prideful Braviary were no match for the sheer might of the angered Dubwool, and were forced to flee.

Stepping forwards, she sighed, “Phooey. Well, that ended well, all things considered.”

Mòrag took to sitting on the ground, gently petting her tired out Ralts as she conversed with Hide. Her Salazzle lazed about under the shade of a tree, and her Mawile stood behind her, still occasionally rubbing her head.

“Hmmhmm, don’t mention it.” She responded idly as she listened to Hide speak, “An archaeologist from Unova, come to uncover the secrets of Hoenn and met with a veritable shitshow of a region. Must be harder than you previously anticipated, hmm?”

“Marianne and Isabella came with me from Galar, Orianna here, I only met recently here in Hoenn. She doesn’t like talking about the circumstances, but suffice to say, I’d like to keep her happy.”

Chatting away, they eventually did their business with the ranch owners, and Mòrag got some extra cash. Wasn’t that just lovely?

“Mhm, I’ll keep that in mind. See you around, Hide.” She unfortunately didn’t have a business card, but she did give him her contact information before walking off.

All told, a job well done.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ done and dusted~
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 5:17:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: