he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,517 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Small Date [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 11:50:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It wasn't the first time Hideo had gone blind-dating, though this time was fated to be much shorter than his date with had been. But there was little doubt it'd be a fun time - just him, his partner, and a 5-foot bowtie-wearing Oranguru that he was pretty sure signed him up for this.

With his name tag on his table, it was just a matter of waiting for his first partner to arrive. He himself was dressed up fairly simply: a neat white shirt, black shorts with suspenders, a black bowtie, and black shoes. The only formal clothing he'd brought with him since he'd left home.

Ideas ran through his head as to how this date could go; should he ask them a question first to break the ice? Start off with an introduction? Should he bring up his gym challenge progress? His first date with Andy had been a hangout more than an actual date, but he was pretty much forced to do a dinner date here, so his options were limited.

Maybe he could just wing it after his partner arrived.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,911 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
A Small Date [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 12:04:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]to a new venture and companions
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]all aboard the ss friendship
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Her eyes light up when she spies her next partner, her trembling hands carefully untangling from Reiner's mane as they make their way towards the table. Drawing up her seat, Eris can't help but smile, reaching over to take hold of his hand.
[break][break]
"I didn't expect you to be here!"
[break][break]
Is it happiness that finally shines through her days of depression? Or simply a facade that she puts up to make him worry less? Either way, she's just glad that it's someone familiar...
[break][break]
"How have things been so far? Got any new badges or cool stuff?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || speed friending!

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/aI8Riw8.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f57387;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/XRU7UWf.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,517 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Small Date [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 12:19:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
A small tap on the head with his Oranguru's fan notifies him that his partner has arrived - and it's someone his Oranguru had seen before, if that sense of Telepathic familiarity told him anything. Whoever it was grabbed his hand - about the same size as his, so were they about his age?

It's on hearing the voice that Hideo realized who it was, a wide smile on his face. Was it fate that these random dates kept pairing him up with people he knew? He wouldn't complain - he didn't mind spending time with people he already liked.

"Hoenn's a smaller region than I'd thought!" he said, shaking her hand. "But I don't mind a speed date with someone I know!"

And lucky him, Eris had brought up his gym progress anyways, so he was already prepared for this!

"I got my fifth badge pretty recently! Just one more and I could be allowed on the Elite Four!" He snickered a little - as if he'd settle for being on the Elite Four. "And I've gotten some pretty neat Pokemon lately! I got a ghostly horse Pokemon that lets me ride it around a lot! It's really fast, but I'm getting used to riding it pretty fast too."

But he couldn't keep this one-sided. "So how about you, Eris? You get any badges lately? Any cool new Pokemon?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,911 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
A Small Date [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 13:28:46 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Hideo for champion?" She teases back, moving to pull something out of her pocket and carefully tying it around his wrist. "You probably don't need a good luck charm, but this can also be one that prays for your safety or something!"
[break][break]
Even if she's uncertain in herself and her future, she sure is confident in Hideo's ability to overcome adversities and defy the fate that most would expect of him.
[break][break]
"I've just been trying to teach Mercury and Mitts to get along - That's my Meltan and Zeraora... I don't think you've met them before? Other than that, I haven't really been doing much these past few weeks."
[break][break]
Especially not after she'd lost ... but Hideo hadn't heard the news, had he? She didn't feel like bringing thepic up at such a light-hearted event.
[break][break]
"Is it the one of Galarian legends? Spectrier? Or something? Legend has it that it was one of the most terrifying beasts in the region, nearly driving a whole village to extinction had it not been for a brave hero from the winterlands!" She hums, passing Reiner a poffin before taking a sweet for herself. "Legend also has it that a Spectrier's kick is strong enough to separate your soul from your body... pretty spooky, right?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/aI8Riw8.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/XRU7UWf.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,517 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Small Date [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 0:12:58 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could feel Eris wrap something around his wrist. A good luck charm, as she said - something he wouldn't dare turn back. "I'm sure I got the skills for it," he said, running his other hand along the bracelet, "but every little bit helps! I'll make sure to take good care of it!"

He could probably even keep it on as Champion!

"Yeah, taking care of a Meltan can be rough." Hideo lied back into his seat, still feeling over the good-luck bracelet. "Mine keeps eating any metal it finds. I have to keep a Pokemon with it all the time, or put it in a Pokeball. And my Zarude does not like going into the city, or dealing with any tech. My Rotomdex is afraid of being near them."

Heck, it wasn't even his own Rotomdex that his Zarude slapped away; 's Pokemon nearly ganged up on the Zarude after it did that to Andy's Rotomdex.

But thinking about that awkward day was something he'd rather not do - and Eris sounded pretty interested in his Spectrier. "Yeah, it's a Spectrier. It's not too scary once you get to know them; they're actually pretty shy!" It loved hiding in his shadow, even when he didn't know it.

Though his smile broke a little at that last part she mentioned. "That...isn't just a legend. Andy and I had encountered a couple, and after a few days of getting to know them, the one I got to know kicked me."

There was a slight pause as he thought back to that experience. "It was weird 'cause it didn't even hurt much. It even let me ride on top of it afterwards. I didn't even know it happened, but Rocky did, and he chased after us the whole way through." His poor Lycanroc was exhausted by the time it was over. "I thought he was just scared of me riding on a random Pokemon. When I got back, I went back to my body. Then it started to hurt."

Not at all what he'd expected being disembodied felt like. But there wasn't any lasting harm, so all's well that ends well. "Maybe you could meet them someday. I'm sure I could coax them out, maybe even let you ride on them for a bit." Preferably not as a disembodied soul.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,911 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
A Small Date [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 4:02:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]To have something treasured by someone else means much more to her than she ever expects. Perhaps, it's because it's the first time she's done such a thing. Either way, there's no mistaking that smile she has as she leans back into her seat and listens close.
[break][break]
"I usually luck out cos we visit scrapyards and I work in my lab quite often. But sometimes he just likes to eat my spare change. I think it's because of the rust and its flavour or something?"
[break][break]
She knew that working with rusty bits ran with a risk of tetanus, but did Meltan face such risks too? Probably not, considering how healthy and chipper Mercury seemed to be.
[break][break]
"Mitts is extra hyperactive. Almost broke my wrist once when I tried to comb her fur."
[break][break]
The Zeraora had done wonders in spraining her wrist, that's for sure, but nothing a little ice and proper splinting wouldn't fix.
[break][break]
"I would figure they are, since we rarely see them and all..." Her notebook is pulled out, her pen scratching at the paper as she notes down his observations and experiences. "You make it sound like you were the Dullahan... Did you fracture your ribs from the kick?"
[break][break]
A strange but necessary question for her to figure out if getting kicked herself would be worth the try.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,517 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Small Date [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 23:31:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"No wonder mine went after my spare cane; it was the first one I ever had, so it's pretty old." Made sense it'd build up some rust. He'd just have to be extra careful that his current cane was as rustless as possible - or just keep his Meltan away from it.

Almost getting hurt by your own Pokemon was a different concern. "Legendary Pokemon are tougher to keep under control than I'd thought. Vines doesn't hurt me, but they've sometimes just taken me places under their arm, and I can't stop them."

Though one of those times indirectly led to him acquiring a Spectrier, so it wasn't all that bad. Though Vines was pretty rough when it came to letting him go, just dropping him on the ground.

On that topic, Eris still seemed curious about his Ghostly Horse Adventure™. She must've been concerned for his health; he would be too if he heard someone get kicked by a legendary horse.

"Dunno what a Dullyhan is, but I felt a bit sore afterwards. Nothing felt broken, and my Pokemon healed me up easy enough." He tapped his ribs just to be sure - no pain.

Unfortunately, the ringing of the bell signaled the end of their "date". "Guess that's it for now," Hideo sighed, his Oranguru helping him out of his chair. "I can tell you more about it some other time! Or I can just bring Grimm around so you can meet them!"

Hopefully it wouldn't involve any soul-separating kicks.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,911 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
A Small Date [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 21:07:35 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Maybe you could try one of those fibre-reinforced plastic canes? It's pretty sturdy and non-edible... I guess?" She isn't too sure about the availability of materials here but she's more than happy to help with procuring or making such a thing if he ever so requested!
[break][break]
"It's like wrangling toddlers at times... I think I need to take a long week to go train them in some remote location, just so they don't destroy anything by accident..."
[break][break]
Should she ask someone experienced to help her out with said training? It might be good to get an outsider's perspective on her handling and bonding with her pokemon, right?
[break][break]
"Oh, a Dullahan is like a headless horserider of sorts! They're kinda ghostly and ride on ghostly horses! I wanna see one if they exist! Maybe they'd teach you something secret!" She hums - Probably Definitely having not learnt her lesson of being wary of the supernatural and unknown. She hops off her seat, dusting herself off as she latches onto Reiner. "Just let me know whenever you're free to! I'd love to know more about Grimm!"
[break][break]
In all honesty, she probably wouldn't mind a soul-separating kick.
[/b]
[/div][/div][/div]
[/div][/div]
KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,460 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A Small Date [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 5:07:00 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay