Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
Don't give up. There's no shame in falling down. True shame is never standing back up.
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Chance 1 (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 16:54:56 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Keenan Toral was here for a chance at love. Well, that was the initial reason. If he could make some friends, that would be nice as well. The eighteen year old dress fairly plainly with a red button up T-shirt, a black shirt underneath, blue capris, pink crocs, and baby blue socks. His Houndoom laid beside him, almost looking like he was asleep. Though the devil dog's ears were perked up and at the ready should anything happen...always a good guard. And probably Kee's signature Pokemon. Unfortunately, he hadn't really met a lot of people yet...hopefully this will help with that.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Chance 1 (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 17:17:59 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

'Daisuke' approached the table Keenan was sitting at. At his side was DeDe the Audino, who looked up at the human and smiled sweetly, before looking on at the younger blonde, and the Houndoom at his feet. The Audino would let out a cheerful cry to the two of them, introducing herself as DeDe.

"Mr Toral? I'm Daisuke Hayashi.", he'd introduce himself, offering a handshake to the younger man, before taking a seat across from him.

"So tell me about yourself. What do you do for a living?", he inquired, as an ice breaker.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
Don't give up. There's no shame in falling down. True shame is never standing back up.
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Chance 1 (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 20:30:06 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Kee smiled at the cute Audino. He wasn't sure if he would like one himself, but he couldn't help but wave at it. Houndoom opened one eye and gave a short, but friendly bark. The older guy introduced himself and held out a hand for a shake. Kee obliged, and did add one correction. "Just Keenan is fine." He wasn't much into formalities in the first place. Daisuke sat down, and asked about Keenan, first about what he did for a living. "I'm a traveler at the moment...trying to do the gym circuit, and also trying to find out what I want to do for the rest of my life. Going out on an adventure helped my parents find their passions, figured it wouldn't hurt to see if it helps me find mine." Kee was honest and seemed approachable enough. "What about you?"

The man didn't seem that much older than Kee was, but he also didn't see this guy as being interested in romance either. But that was okay by him. Friendly questions usually didn't hurt.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Chance 1 (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 23:40:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Alright, Keenan.", 'Daisuke' replied, humoring the lack of formality.

DeDe would approach the Houndoom, not at all bothered by the Dark-type. She would attempt to strike up a conversation with the hellhound, asking how long they had been with their master.

"I suppose I'm in the same boat as you.", he'd start. "I'm an amateur trainer trying to work myself up to take on the Gym Circuit. Other than that, I'm a part time ranch hand.", he'd add.

"How long have you been on the road?", he'd inquire.

tags:

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Chance 1 (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 2:44:43 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Kee thought the man would initially balk at the lack of formalities, but seemed more comfortable with it. After all, this shouldn't be some interview for a job. At least, not in his mind. Daisuke was doing much the same as him, aside from being a part time ranch hand. "Oh? I helped out a rancher a little bit with a few little things...I needed a little bit of help since I didn't have the physical strength for some of it..." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. He was a skinny kid and didn't have much muscle. He could dance and sing and run, and that was probably it. The blonde was asked another question, and after thinking about it, it made him a little down. "Too long without a single gym badge under my melt..."

Kee's Houndoom opened one eye at the Audino, and answered since he was a puppy. The devildog had been with Kee by far the longest of the crew.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Chance 1 (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 0:28:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I see. If you ever want to try your hand at it again, or want to try to build up some strength, you could always try Duvet Ranch in Verdanturf.", he offered.

"There's no shame in that. Better to be prepared than to rush headlong into danger.", he'd reply to him, to try and cheer him up. "Just whatever you do, don't let your setbacks discourage you into giving up. Some obstacles may require a different approach, so keep your options open.", he'd add.

"Nice Houndoom, by the way. How long has he been with you?", he inquired. The length of the hellhounds horns was a telltale sign that the Houndoom in question was a male.

tags:

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Chance 1 (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 2:28:23 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Kee nodded. "Might not be a bad idea while I wait for a rematch with Noah. I think his gym is in Verdanturf at least..." The blonde tried to think of where exactly it was, and if it had a gym. He was never really good at directions and all. Nodding at the sage words, it pretty much mirrored his motto. "I'm certainly trying, and trying to take advantage of the lull. My motto is "don't give up. There's no shame in falling down, true shame is never standing back up." I can't let myself fail by not getting back up and learning lessons or preparing better or something. Especially since I'll never hear the end of it from my little brother..." Aaron already earned the badge from Noah before their adventure really began, the smaller blonde's Trevenant fighting on near equal footing with Noah's Hitmonchan. Then Daisuke asked about his Houndoom, still as relaxed as ever, making small talk with the Audino. "Oh, since he was a little Houndour puppy. He evolved several weeks ago, but he's as chill as ever. I've had him the longest by far. What about your Audino?" The chime happened, making Kee pout cutely a little. "Well, I'll keep the Duvet ranch in mind. Though I also wouldn't mind meeting later to continue our chat too. If it's okay with you that is." He hoped he wasn't pushing his luck, or at the least wasn't being slightly creepy...it would be nice to have another friend, too.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Chance 1 (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 17:48:38 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"If you need help in training for Noah's Gym, I'm sure the boss would be more than happy to help with that.", he offered Keenan. Though he didn't know about their prior battle, he'd still be happy to help.

"I see. Congratulations.", he'd tell him.

"I met DeDe about a year ago. She's been an amazing friend through and through.", he said, giving the Audino a pat on the head, eliciting a cheerful cry from the little one.

As time rang, Daisuke would take out one of the Duvet Ranch business cards, and would quickly write his own number on the backside of the card. "Of course.", he told him, handing him the card. "Best of luck in your endeavors, Keenan.", he'd tell him, before the two parted ways. DeDe would wave to Keenan and his Houndoom.

tags:
notes: Fin

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Chance 1 (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 5:14:37 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS