luka chêne
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 6:39:20 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"That doesn't really make me feel any better," Luka admits. "Who could do such a thing? How awful..."[break][break]

She stares once again at the rows and rows of petrified Pokemon, their forms preserved forever in prisons of ice. Is it possible that some of them are still alive and encased forever? It's a horrific thought, a fate more slow and more cruel than a simple slaughter. The shiver the spider-steps up her spine has nothing to do with the cold.[break][break]

However, a small comfort comes in the form of their rescued specimen. While Flan continues to blast the Silvally's case with her flamethrower, Luka crouches down to pet the poor, shivering pooch. Comfort warms her fingertips, and she hopes the gesture puts their uncanny Growlithe at ease before Paxton swoops in with a quick capture.[break][break]

She straightens, brushes off her dress, and notices Golem's distress. With a gentle smile she urges the rock type to lumber towards Flan and warm his hands by the fire she continues to produce. The flames stutter and spark but continue, resilient. "Don't worry, sweetie," she assures in a melodic murmur, "We'll get out of here and get you all fixed up."[break][break]

The click of her heels feels foreboding now as she approaches Paxton and the statue at the far side of the room. She can hear it too; a soft hum that echoes throughout the room, mysterious notes drifting on the wind like dandelion seeds. There is no comfort in the sound.[break][break]

But the statue itself seems gentle and sweet. It's a creature Luka's never seen before; a mystically delicate thing. Details etch themselves into her memory: the ruffle of a skirt, wide and innocent eyes, flowing hair that vaguely resembles musical bars. The craftmanship is superb— so lifelike that she's almost convinced this is another poor hostage of whatever has frozen the Pokemon down here.[break][break]

The source of the humming is definitely coming from this statue. And unfortunately, she can't provide the assurance Paxton wants. "I can hear it," she affirms with a nod. "It's...kind of pretty, don't you think? But definitely weird. We should...p-probably leave soon..."[break][break]

Or so she says, but her gaze is drawn to the log book laying open near the statue's feet. Curiosity holds her in a vice grip and Luka flips through a few pages, observing the written dates without yet gleaning any real meaning from them.[break][break]

[break]
- Continues trying to free Silvally[break]
- Tries to help Golem by using her Fennekin as a space heater[break]
- Notices the Meloetta statue[break]
- Examines the book entries[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.honey] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 9:17:46 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

LEAGUE BARRACKS 2F

FINAL PROMPT

FROSTBITE SPREADS with each passing second. it eats the golem alive, chewing past stubby hands to curb a hunger that will not end. it devours the pokemon’s arm in a slow but meticulous crawl, making sure not to so much as miss a spot.

a FLAMETHROWER looks like abate the encroaching ice but it pales in comparison. when it touches the SILVALLY’s case, the ice hisses, releasing a white fog that resembles dry ice evaporating into the air.

when the same FLAMETHROWER looks to melt the golem from it’s imprisonment, it will do anything but. pieces of the ice fall off, still holding bits of frozen flesh with it. a chunk lands on the floor and it breaks away, brittle crumbs of golem’s fingers and palm still wrapped up underneath inches of GLACIATE ICE.

the book details several entries. luka will be able to read through most of them before her attention is stolen by the sound of breaking ice.

TRAVEL LOG

AUGUST 2018 - 315

draconid spotted. exhibit pending.

NOVEMBER 2019 - 200

phione egg retrieved.

JANUARY 2020 - 97

unable to secure kartana.
sealed off 97 from travel.
if ULTRA invades 820 then we may relocate.
ran out of GLACIATE ICE for further encasements.
will plan for a trip to 328.

APRIL 2020 - 328

escaped with enough GLACIATE ICE to continue.
looks like the dragon is awake. is it them?

NOVEMBER 2020 - ULTRA

unable to secure nihilego.
dimensional leakage closing. ULTRA will be sealed off.
doesn’t look like their work.

JANUARY 2021 - 1227

illumina pokemon found.
unable to secure one. will revisit at a later date.

MARCH 2021 - 828

sync stone found. exhibit ex.

APRIL 2021 - 490

retrieved great hoennian sea.
starting work on SHALOUR'S SCINTILLATION.

i would be careful with that if i were you.

a singsong warning cascades down the stairs as the curator finally makes an appearance. her yellow stilettoes demand their gaze.

once you make contact with GLACIATE ICE there’s no turning back.” stern eyes stare at the golem from behind parted bangs. “preservation only works one way, i’m afraid.

she looks between the two intruders: first at paxton, then at luka. when she catches that the privacy of her TRAVEL LOGS has been violated, her smile flips into a judgmental scowl.

this area is off-limits.

she whistles the same tune resonating from the statue. it matches the pitch and rhythm verbatim, causing the stone shell to fade. the meloetta, doe-eyed from the sudden awakening, cries out in alarm before stepping off the platform and waddling toward the curator.

i’ll excuse your intrusion today. but you two need to leave. now.

OBJECTIVES

• post your character's reaction!

you may submit this thread to mod reqs whenever you have finished the objectives!

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
all i am is a man, i want the world in my hands
awards
1,479 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 2:11:03 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"It's above my pay grade at this point..." Paxton murmured back. There's no way something this big wasn't something the director of the museum was aware of. Then again they said museums tended to have rather enormous basements just to store and prep exhibits. But...a real museum. He didn't think they needed that much for an art museum. The poor Golem was trying to be strong, but his breathing is labored, and he seemed on the brink of tears as Luka came over to help him. He can't help but let out a scream or two as frozen bits of flesh fell off, alarming Paxton. [break][break]

"Wait- No-! Why is is so intense?!" Paxton began hesitating between picking up the flesh and comforting his pokemon. He settle for comforting his pokemon, rubbing its stony shell but unable to do anything to stop the rapid spread of frost and black decay. As she flipped through the pages, Paxton looked up at her. "Anything on the frost here? This isn't normal." he said, only adding to the reason why they should leave, immediately. [break][break]

His own eyes glance through the pages. "What the fuck is GLACIATE ICE?" He's glad he hadn't touched it yet but... "Luka...I...I think the exhibits are just corpses on ice." He said, going back to shushing and petting his pokemon, who at this point was shaking in pain and fear. He snarled at Paxton before recognizing the voice and trying to calm down. The sudden voice and sound of heels, made the blonde stand up. [break][break]

He allowed himself to stare at Luka, trying to signal 'Act Cool' before turning to the curator, expression blank as his hand reached into his back pocket to pull out his wallet. He flashed his police badge briefly before pocketing it again. "Ma'am, my apologies for our intrusion. My companion alerted me her misplaced purse and someone shady, I came to investigate." the excuse is clipped. Just enough to sound plausible and just enough to deflect blame. His eyes move towards the strange pokemon that had only seconds ago been a statue. Fuck this. Fuck all of this. "We'll be going. Miss?" he gestured to Luka, glancing at what he could only assume was the exit. Back where they'd come from.

[break][break]

+ | outfit ref <3 still black hair doe [break][break]
- GOLEM IS DYINGGGGG and CRYIIIIIIIIIING [break]
- paxton is useless to help [break]
- what the FUCK IS GLACIATE ICE??? [break]
- ayy tiem to talk them out of this with as little violence as possible [break]

[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 8:55:47 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

The notes and dates inscribed upon the travel log mean nothing to her. But one phrase stands out: the Hoennian Sea, and Shalour. The seaside town in Kalos is one she knows rather well, but what does a painting of a reimagined Hoenn have to do with it?[break][break]

Whatever this information is, whatever it means, must be important. She cannot parse the details, but perhaps one day, they'll be important. At the very least, they should probably collect records to hand over to the league. This kind of thing is better left in far more capable hands.[break][break]

Obscured by her back and the folds of her dress, Luka's Rotom emerges, piloting her phone to take a few photographs of the log book's entries. Soft clicks go unheard under the sound of flame and Golem's pained cries, and Luka is finally drawn away from the book to gape in horror at what's going on.[break][break]

Her haunted phone slips back into the folds of her dress (yes, it has pockets!) and Luka immediately recalls Flan. Released in her place is a shiny Audino, who's immediately charged with blasting Golem with a heal pulse.[break][break]

A warm and comforting glow surrounds the poor, doomed creature, and nothing happens.[break][break]

"I'm so sorry," Luka repeats, stammering out apologies over and over on a loop as her Audino desperately attempts to heal the Golem. But nothing can piece together broken flesh, nor stop the crawl of ice across stony skin. "I thought...oh no, w-why didn't it melt? Why isn't this working? I can't- we need to go and, a-and get Golem some help. S-surely someone will know how to save him-"[break][break]

Panic coats her tongue and elevates her stuttering heartbeat. The Golem's suffering isn't her fault, but she blames herself nonetheless, and her inability to save the him is even worse. Tears prick at the corners of her eyes as she frantically wracks her brain for anything that might help- but nothing comes to mind.[break][break]

She reaches towards Golem, fingertips just inches from the ice that coats his blackening skin, but the curator's sudden arrival and trilled warning gives her pause.[break][break]

"Eh-"[break][break]

A musical lilt announces Golem's imminent demise as casually as one might discuss the weather. Luka's heart sinks. She remains seated, stroking Golem's head and weeping softly, as Paxton does the talking for the pair of them. All she can do is nod along numbly, continuing to urge her Audino to continue healing, even if it's futile.[break][break]

Soft whistles might sound pleasant under any other circumstance. Luka can't help when her ears prick; once heard, always remembered. She files the sound away for later. And when the strange Pokemon emerges from stone she finally stands, hovering protectively in front of Paxton's Golem.[break][break]

"Yes, um...w-we're so sorry for intruding, Madame. And we'll go, but please..."[break][break]

Perhaps there's no reasoning with a woman who can observe a Pokemon's suffering with such blasé. But she has to try. "I-is there truly no way to save him? Please, I'll do anything I can..."[break][break]

[break]
- Rotom sneaks a few photos of the log book[break]
- Attempts to heal Golem with Audino's heal pulse[break]
- Tries to make nice with the curator[break]
- Luka, skilled in imitation, remembers the pitch of the whistle[break]
- Pleads with the curator to save Golem's life

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.honey] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 2:16:24 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

LEAGUE BARRACKS 2F

FINAL PROMPT

THEIR COMPLIANCE keeps the situation from escalating. that doesn’t mean the curator buys their story—she makes no attempt hide the roll of her eyes at ’s story. instead, she addresses her pokemon.

c’mon melly~

she kneels down low enough for the pokemon to jump into her arms. she holds the MELOETTA like a baby, tucked away in the safety of her embrace. it’s a warm love that ’s golem will never know again.

as the ice continues to spread, eventually it grows enough that the golem can no longer move. a portion of its leg is glued into place, cemented in crystalline frost.

maybe think twice about touching things that don’t belong to you.” is it a lack of compassion or disdain for their intrusion. regardless, it’s almost as cold as golem’s end.

now, now. both of you need to get out now.” she looks to walk them out herself. “you don’t have much time.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 2:18:07 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]RANGER RAID COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: