part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 0:56:20 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

LEAGUE BARRACKS 2F

FIRST POST

MARVELOUS ART adorns every inch of wall space throughout the museum. each painting is unequivocally different from the next. it goes beyond the subject of depiction: technique, medium—every aspect is foreign in a way that defies the principles of art.

a particular centerpiece sticks out more than the others. a crowd clusters around the hallway length canvas. it reads: GREAT HOENNIAN SEA. the description on its plaque refers to an artist's what-if depiction of hoenn if it were to be submerged by kyogre’s wrath.

deeper into the museum are sections cut off by velvet ropes and brass stanchions. signs read ‘exhibit in process’ with paper barriers hiding away the unsightly display of unpacked boxes and leftover moving materials.

several museum employees come out of one of these cornered off areas. you can overhear snippets of their conversation as they pass by.

i heard the curator is back.

really? you think we’ll meet her?

nah, i’ve been here for a year and i still haven’t met her.

OBJECTIVES

• post at least 5 time total.
  • all participants meet up before requesting a new mod post.
  • at least 1 participant(s) should comment on how different the art is.
  • at least 2 participants(s) should stop and stare at the GREAT HOENNIAN SEA.
  • at least 2 participant(s) should overhear the museum employees.
  • at least 1 participant(s) should suggest sneaking into the off-limits area.

you may submit this thread to mod reqs whenever you have finished the objectives!

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 21:10:42 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
7.8/10. Too much water.[break][break]

An oceanscape stretches out before her, brushstrokes of cerulean, azure, and ultramarine painting vast swathes of sea. Luka's eye had been immediately caught by the enormous painting and now she stands entranced, like so many other museum visitors.[break][break] The Great Hoennian Sea is beautiful, certainly, but something about it is rather unnerving. Luka stares into primordial waters and feels like, were she to lean closer, she might just find herself sinking into it.[break][break]

With a shuddering gasp she steps backwards, mere moments away from being scolded by security for getting too close. For a moment, she swears she had heard the sound of rushing water. Luka quickly pulls out her phone and takes a quick photo of the section nearest to her, but the captured image doesn't have the same effect.[break][break]

She sighs and steps back, kitten heels clicking faintly against polished tile. Perhaps she can chalk the experience up to a restless night before, or a fanciful daydream. None of the other chattering visitors seem similarly affected; overheard snippets of conversation discussing only techniques or color or how cool it would be if Hoenn was truly underwater.[break][break]

"Like Atlantis!" a child exclaims to their mother, and Luka chuckles softly.[break][break]

A few more voices rise above ambient sound, pricking at her ears as they float by.[break][break]

“I heard the curator is back.”[break]

“Really? You think we’ll meet her?”[break]

“Nah, I’ve been here for a year and I still haven’t met her.”
[break][break]

Luka turns and watches the employees hustling past, her eye drawn to the roped off area they had come from. There's an inherent romanticism in empty sections of museum, but as a pure and innocent girl, she'd never dream of breaking the rules.[break][break]

[break]
- Stops to stare at the Great Hoennian Sea[break]
- Overhears the museum employees[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.honey] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
all i am is a man, i want the world in my hands
awards
1,479 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 0:46:22 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He’s not a very cultured person, and art exhibits aren’t his thing, but his therapist had given him the idea and even a little pamphlet. And he had time today and…well this was as good activity to do by himself. She’d SAID go with a friend but…Ollie was good enough company. He’d thought. Until the little scamp had tried pouncing on the foot of one of the security guards and he’d whipped out his pokeball to hide the little bastard. [break][break]

A shame really. He would’ve loved this painting. It’s huge, like a mural almost. “It’s…different.” He murmured to himself. Why not just make it a mural? Or was it because actual wall murals were too temporary. Though he doubted canvas was a much better alternative. He wondered how long it’d taken to paint this. How accurate was it? He’s staring at a wide expanse of blue before pink caught his eye. He almost felt himself grimace, unable to get away from the girl. Maybe this was just fate telling him to be nicer to her. Even if she was...a little sad. Then again, they had that in common, didn’t they? [break][break]

As he approached his neighbor, he overhead the museum employees mentioning something in hushed voices, but he only caught the end part. “What are you doing?” he whispered, leaning down to speak into her ear with the slightest of grins.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 4:29:28 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
She startles so easily, like a rabbit. Luka tenses up when Paxton whispers in her ear, her heart flip-flopping in her chest as she whirls around in surprise. For a moment, she doesn't recognize the shock of dark hair, but Paxton's piercing blue eyes are still the same. Fluttering laughter drifts through the air on butterfly wings as relief replaces her sudden fear. Even though she still feels a little awkward around her neighbor, she'd like to consider him a friend. And...[break][break]

Well, his breath against her neck had brought a shiver all the way up her spine, but she fights off the creeping blush that accompanies it.[break][break]

"Monsieur- er, um, P-paxton! Gosh, you gave me a fright!" Her hand hovers above a fluttering heart, the satin of her evening dress cool underneath the pads of her fingers. "I'm just, um, admiring the art? It's quite, erm...evocative. How strange to imagine Hoenn like this, don't you think?"[break][break]

Her gaze travels once again to the vast portrait in front of them, whitecaps and deep ocean swells preserved in acrylic. An ocean so deep she really does feel like she could fall into it.[break][break]

"Are you enjoying yourself so far?" she asks, a blandly pleasant conversation starter. "I think this exhibit is incredible! A shame it doesn't all seem to be finished though," she remarks casually, inclining her head towards the roped off area nearby.[break][break]

[break]
- Comments on how different the art is[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.honey] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,479 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 5:34:21 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Paxton shook with quiet laughter at his friend’s reaction. She seemed energetic, which was good. He reminded himself to keep tabs on her since…what she’d said to him on Mt. Chimney had been worrying but he also didn’t want to be overbearing. Still, even if at times her cheeriness was a little grating, Luka was a good person. He’d take care of her if he could. And she seemed willing to extend the same courtesy back. “Yeah, I like this kind of art. Like…speculative?? I guess just…imagined. Landscapes are pretty an’ all but I think this is a little more creative.” He said with a small shrug. He was a simple guy. He liked looking at cool pictures. [break][break]

He nodded at the woman. “It’s been pretty relaxing so far. An’ it felt nice to dress up a little.” He said puffing out his chest with a modicum of pride. “I like your style, by the way.” He added with a smile that made his eyes crinkle before looking over at the direction she noted. “Ah, yeah…” he murmured looking around for a moment. “Wanna see what they’re hiding?” he asked casually as he checked his watch. “I already finished a couple of laps here anyway.” He added, giving her a playful nudge.

[break][break]

+ | outfit ref <3 still black hair doe [break][break]
forgot to add this last time!!
- noted how different the art is
- stood in awe of the GREAT HOENN PAINTING
- overheard musueum staff
- suggested they sneak in ;D

[break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 12:59:00 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Mm! I agree, it's very beautiful. But I suppose it's for the best that Hoenn isn't like this, right? It's not like humans can breathe underwater."[break][break] A soft chuckle breezes past her lips as Luka finally turns around to get a proper look at Paxton. Her reclusive neighbor certainly cleans up well. A pressed suit, well tailored, can turn just about anyone from dowdy to debonair.[break][break]

"O-oh! Um, thank you." A formal gallery necessitates formal wear, so Luka is also dressed to the nines, champagne satin draping to the floor. "Y-you look very nice yourself, though. Dressing up is so much fun...wait, what?"[break][break]

A growing avalanche of compliments is stopped by Paxton's suggestion that they break the rules.

"Eh? But...b-but we definitely aren't allowed back there," Luka protests, her eyes on the velvet divider that sections off part of the exhibit. "That's breaking the...wait, hold on!"[break][break]

Luka frets as Paxton begins to follow his own suggestion without waiting for her tactic approval. Heels click against marbled floors as she timidly shifts from foot to foot, chewing on her bottom lip.[break][break]

"H-hey, wait! You can't just go back there alone!" Against all better judgement Luka follows, clinging to Paxton's arm as the two sneak off towards the closed parts of the exhibit.

[break]
- Following Paxton to the roped off area[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 0:11:55 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

LEAGUE BARRACKS 2F

FIRST POST

SPARSE SUPERVISION makes infiltrating the closed off areas easy. behind the ropes of velvet barriers are exhibits filled with cardboard boxes and brown tarps. they cover unlabeled paintings still waiting on matching plaques. overall, the exhibit appears just as described: unfinished.

with every room they explore, they deeper they delve. at the far end, visible through a slew of empty doorways, is the beady black eye of an unown-!. it stares from a distance, immediately flying away the moment its spotted.
you may scan the UNOWN-! with a MYSTERIOUS DEVICE. link this thread when posting in THE UNOWN REPORT.

you cannot catch it.
should either dare follow it, they will find a dead end with a spiral staircase leading them down. the venture below is dark and impossible to perceive despite their current lighting. however, the faint glow of a HIDDEN POWER leads them to believe this is where the unown has wandered.

OBJECTIVES

• post at least 4 time total.
  • at least 1 participant should debate trespassing.
  • at least 1 participant should notice the unown-!.
  • all participant(s) should descend down the stairs.

you may submit this thread to mod reqs whenever you have finished the objectives!

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,479 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 0:29:42 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Trespassing had been unnecessary, really. But he was bored, and he liked watching teasing Luka a little. If all else failed, he could try to sweet talk his wait out by saying he thought he saw something move by here. Someone suspicious. Like them. Incredibly suspicious. “It’s not a lot but…it’s interesting.” He said before locking eyes with a floating black pokemon. He stared it down, whispering to his companion. “Luka…do you see that Unown?” Another careful step forward and its gone. Was it a guard dog? No…it would’ve attacked or made noise if that were the case. [break][break]

Quickly and quietly, he made his way down the dead end trying to catch the Unown, every so often looking back at Luka to make sure he didn’t lose her in the unfinished exhibit. Then…there’s nowhere left to go but down. He can see the pokemon emitting a little light in the darkness and he reached quietly for a pokeball before deciding against it. As much as he loved Joules, they were clunky and loud, and this felt a little more confined than they’d be used to. “How quickly can you move in heels?” he whispered, turning to Luka with bright eyes full of mischief. Curiosity was getting the better of him, and a small smiling began tugging at his lips as excitement began to take over.

[break][break]

- enjoying the detour into the unifnished exhibit
- notices the unown ! and chases it
- waits for luka to come down the stairs with him

[break]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 6:44:56 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Mmmm..." Luka hums nervously as they skulk around covered paintings and piles of boxes. The detritus of the art world is fascinating; so often she wants to peek back behind the curtain, but manages to restrain herself. Somehow, she finds herself pricked with the childish fear that something frightening might lay behind the pure white dust cloths.

Luka carries her weight on the balls of her toes to minimize the sound of her heels as they walk. But as the chatter from the main hall fades, all that can be heard is their careful steps and synchronous breathing. Luka continues to keep an eye out for any staff, but it seems as though they're truly alone here, and that rings even truer with every step.[break][break]

A flicker of movement catches her eye. Luka whirls about, but all she can see is the vague outline of a statue, it's shape obscured by a sheet. She frowns and clings to Paxton tighter, wrinkling the sleeve of his fine suit.[break][break]

"T-this feels like far enough. Maybe we should go...back..." Her voice trails into silence while she too notices a dark shape, a flash of white, and a singular, unblinking iris. Manicured nails dig into Paxton's arm.[break][break]

Luka believes, truly, that no species of Pokemon could ever be born evil. And yet she can't help the shiver that spider-steps up her spine, nor the way her teeth clench. An Unown in such a strange place surely portents trouble.[break][break]

"I see it," Luka whispers back. Frantic fingers fumble with her purse, releasing Paxton so she can scan the fleeing Unown with her mysterious device. Luka stares down at it with a puzzled frown before she hurries after her neighbor.[break][break] "I can move just fine," she answers, "But we need to be careful. Maybe we should just go back. It feels like most of the time, when the Unown are around...w-well, it never seems to mean anything good." She frowns, peering down into the spiraling darkness of the stairs. "But I have to admit...I'm kind of curious..."

[break]
- Following Paxton through the exhibit[break]
- Notices the Unown-![break]
- Debates trespassing[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,479 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 23:04:30 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He briefly glanced at his partner in crime as she flashes something strange that she aimed at the Unown !. “What do you mean..?” he asked tilting his head at her curiously. As far as he knew, the only real incident with the Unown thus far had been the appearance of one during the Soiree. He’d missed most of that, preferring to hang around the actual exhibits before heading home. “What’s that thing you pulled out? I thought you were a publicist.” He asked, offering a slight smile not quite understanding the severity of the object she’d just pulled out. “Then again, career changes aren’t uncommon.” He added. He should know. [break][break]

He got that she was uneasy, so was he. But it had less to do with being afraid of the Unown, and more the fact that he just felt eerie. Like he was being led somewhere or something was watching him. Like a danger sense he couldn’t shake that raised the hairs of his neck. “If we don’t go, it’ll bother me the rest of the week.” He said with a small shrug before offering her his hand. “I’ll say…just a little further and then we bail. Watch your step.”

[break][break]

- asking about the mysterious device + unown [break]
- still ready and willing to go down the stairs [break]
- offers to hold luka's hand for emotional support [break]

[break]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 23:29:16 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Eh? Oh! It's a, um...it's a mysterious device."[break][break]
That goes without saying, really. Luka flushes and tries to clarify. "I mean! T-that's kind of what we've called, honestly! Umm....there was this, um, this cooking thing...and we got these devices for participating, a-and they register the Unown, and, um..." She trails off, lips pursed.[break][break]
"Well. I-it's kind of weird, right? But, erm, each time we see an Unown, if we can it, sometimes a new word will appear. I don't really know what that means...but it's interesting, don't you think?"[break][break]
Interesting is about as far as it goes. Luka is unable to comprehend even the shape of the thing that surrounds them, the mysterious and vaguely sinister nature of the Unown.[break][break]
But that doesn't mean she won't try, as foolish as that makes her.[break][break]
Luka glances at Paxton, searching his eyes for something she can trust. She finds it with ease, and her hand flits into his with a nervous, trembling smile. "Okay. I trust you, so...l-let's just be careful though, okay?"[break][break]
Slowly, and with an ever increasing sense of trepidation, they descend the spiral staircase together.[break][break]

[break]
- Explains the mysterious device[break]
- Follows Paxton down the stairs[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 6:19:05 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

LEAGUE BARRACKS 2F

SECOND PROMPT

ENDLESS PACING brings them deeper into the abyss. darkness swallows the meandering remnants of the unown’s HIDDEN POWER. these two intruders are left inside a spiral that feels infinite, wearing down on soles kept up by stylish heels.

click. click. click.

it is only when one of them begins to protest, whether it be verbal or mentally, do they reach the end. the first step to touch the marble tiles trigger the lights, blinding them as rows upon rows of florescent bulbs illuminate all at once.

what they find astounds them. museum display cases of pokemon many have never seen before. they’re suspended in an ice so thick it permeates the glass in a permanent fog. but none of them will feel the chill. the temperature remains within the glass, never extending pass its surface.

each container has been locked well beforehand. their uniformity betrays their age, aligned in perfect symmetry. twins exist at even intervals, creating a row of teeth that usher them forward, into the jaws of this room.

at the end is a showcase that houses a SILVALLY, mouth ajar, as if mid-bark. across from it is a case that has yet to be complete, holding a pokemon tied in place. the lack of ice is telling, marking it as the newest addition, uncomplete.

ONE OF YOU may claim a gacha version of the pokemon listed.
redeem as a gacha pokemon in the shop.

and still, farther down, is a single book. it’s open, filled with entries that lead up until this year.

behind it is a pedestal that houses the statue of a pokemon that’s been lost to time, forgotten, unknown by the people of this day and age. upon approach, the soft hum of an unspoken melody resonates from its core. oddly enough, it echoes from the very staircase you came from.

OBJECTIVES

• post at least 4 time total.
  • at least 1 participant or their pokemon should touch a display case. a human will have their hand encased in ice and suffer frostbite until the end of the event (can be treated). a pokemon will suffer the same fate but die due to their wounds by the end of this thread.
  • to claim the GACHA POKEMON, at least 1 participant must free the capture pokemon that has not been frozen. the pokemon is whichever one you redeem in the shop.
  • at least one participant should notice the statue of MELOETTA. they will not be able to identify it. those who can have disappeared recently.
  • at least one participant should read the book entries. it’s written in common language and will be revealed in the next mod post.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,479 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 19:09:11 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The walking seemed endless and he was just about to suggest they turn back when they finally reach a landing. Then lights, bright fluorescent lights turn on causing the man flinch away before he got used to the light. He almost wished he hadn't. Strange pokemon were frozen completely, looking familiar but not quite right. Like. Seriously not right. His eyes were drawn to the weird horse pokemon, only glancing to see if there was an inscription on the plaques. [break][break]

"New exhibit? Like a speculative sculpture one?" He murmured, looking at Luka. But then...if they were sculptures...why the cold and the fog? Why the ice? Then there's whimpering and he turned his head to look at a dumpy Growlithe just barely starting to freeze in its own casing. At this, it trembled more and even let out a couple of whines. "No- wait shhshh" he began, which only made it more upset as he stepped towards it. Ice had crept over the pokemon's back paws and it was moving steadily up its hindquarters.
[break][break]

Paxton scrambled, patting himself down before releasing a Golem. Rock type on…rock type? "It's ok, he's friendly." He added as the boulder waddle over to it. It moved to offer its assistance only to recoil in pain as it touched the cold. "I'll make sure to get you fixed up at the pokecenter buddy." He assured as the Golem also whined about its frozen hands while working.

[break][break]

- owwie bright lights [break]
- this is a weird fucking museum uhhhh is thisblegal.?? [Break]
- golem touched the case/ice owowowowowow[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 10:07:40 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"What the-"[break][break]

Blinking, with one hand shielding her eyes, Luka steps into the room behind Paxton. She squints as her eyes adjust to the sudden light and their surroundings swim into hazy focus. Everything is sterile and white, like a hospital ward, and the fluorescents are unforgiving. Their electrical hum rings in her ears like the drone of insect wings.[break][break]

"Where's the Unown?"[break][break]

A scan of the room reveals no hovering letters or interdimensional portals. None of the Interdream Zone's telltale mist covers the floor. The Unown, presumably, has led them into this strange exhibit and vanished.[break][break]

She vaguely recalls the myth of the pied piper, and shudders.[break][break]

Heels click against cold marble as she follows Paxton inside, reluctant to enter but even more unwilling to be left alone. The air is still and cold, and the creatures held within their frigid prisons reside firmly on the side of the uncanny. They remind her of the displays of prehistoric fossils held in natural history museums, but when she walks, it feels as though their eyes follow her. Their shapes, the individual hairs frozen in ice, the desperate claws and bared fangs are all too real.[break][break]

It's horrific, and somehow deeply sad. Fear and revulsion sting like bile in the back of her throat, and she can barely choke it down. It helps that Paxton is by her side and relatively unfazed, a fixed point she can cling to for some semblance of guidance.[break][break]

While Paxton works to free the unusual Growlithe, Luka turns her attention to the Silvally encased in ice. She remembers the individuals belonging to and ; intimidating, but worthy of care and respect all the same. Perhaps it's too late for this specimen, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't at least try to help.[break][break]

The ice is so cold that it sears her fingertips before she can even touch it. Luka winces and draws her hand back, then reaches for a Pokeball of her own. A Fennekin is released and trots at her side, staring up at the display case in confusion.[break][break]

"If it's ice...it should melt, right? Flan, will you do the honors?"[break][break]
There's no guarantee that the little fox's flame will be enough. Even so, the flamethrower she spits fills the room with much needed warmth and light, hope radiating from her like a beacon.[break][break]

[break]
- Searches for the Unown[break]
- Is drawn in by the Silvally specimin[break]
- Fennekin uses flamethrower to try and melt the ice[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,479 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
LEAGUE BARRACK 2F
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 23:27:31 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

His Golem mumbled something in protest, more focused on helping out the weird Growlithe. If they could even call it that? Paxton would, for simplicity's sake. As his Golem worked, eventually they managed to smash enough of the ice for the strange pokemon to wriggle out of. "I'm goign to touch you ok?" Paxton warned, holding out his hand for the dog thing to sniff. It was still shaking, but it didn't shrink back as Paxton carefully grabbed its sides and lifted it off the weird casing before setting it on the floor. As soon as he let go, the Growlithe began barking wildly, whether out of another wave of panic or gratitude he didn't know for sure. Paxton simply quickly dropped a pokeball on it, in order to keep the quiet as Luka worked on the Silvally. [break][break]

"Well...if there was any doubt, they're all alive Luka." he said, swallowing as his Golem shivered along with his trainer, hands seemingly darkened by frostbite, but managing to put on a strong front. "If only I had an Ice Heal or something...I'm sorry bud." he said, giving the rock type a gentle pat on the head as it held back its own tears. "And...you hear that humming...right?" he asked, smiling tensely at his companion and hoping she'd say it was her as he looked over at the strange statue beyond all the other pokemon in ice.

[break][break]

- catching dat hisuan growlithe plz [break]
- golem is developing frostbite on his handy wandsies ;;;[break]
- wtf is that sound [break]
- looks at the statue of meloetta.

[break]