6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 12:55:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
how fitting for a space-time distortion to appear in one of kyle's favorite spots on hoenn.

route 120 always held a special place for kyle, mostly because of how long he had spent in the area trying to look for poochyena before. it was all too familiar to him at this point that the changing scenery from the distortion only felt like a change of visual filter, like it was supposed to be.

he wheels in seven of his charjabug on a platform trolley, with his stonjourner released as soon as he finds a suitable place to set up a testing area. it was void of wild pokemon for the most part, owing to his pokemon's efforts to clean the place up.

with the set-up complete, he releases his solgaleo from its ball. black armor covers it, differentiating it from the ones that the public recognizes. the moment it laps the airs of the distortion, it shifts its sights on a direction.

following it, kyle manages to guess someone else's location. "oh, hey," he calls from a distance, even before he can see their form amid the trees and shrubs of the route. "don't you know this area's off-limits? unless, of course, you're another officer, then i suppose it's fine?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2022 4:50:24 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

[break][BREAK]
There should perhaps be cause for concern in the fact that there’s no longer any discomfort when Mars steps through the distortion’s iridescent membrane. The crackling in the air has become all too familiar, and in many ways, so have the strange events that occur within the dome once the rift in time-space opens.
[break][break]
Rifts.
[break][break]
It may be his curiosity that makes him feel drawn to them; his need to understand these things he has become so connected to, but that he knows so very little about in actuality. The Unown Report, the portal he created within the Tree of Life using Unown – all of it.
[break][break]
They circle around him now, fifteen eyes blinking as they form figures in the air. A small swarm of their own, one that soon is drawn away from Mars when something nearby seems to catch their attention…
[break][break]
Or, someone?
[break][break]
[break][break]
He should have known it would be .
[break][break]
”You know, I always kind of forget you’re a police officer.” Hands are slightly raised in a playful gesture, a smirk tugging at his lips. There’s no aggression, no resistance, he’s not here to fight the champion or argue with him. ”Nice cat, Kyle.” A lion? Is it some legendary pokémon? The armour around it is vaguely familiar to him, but Mars never had a chance to interact with ’s Necrozma enough for recognition to immediately hit him.
[break][break]
”If you really want to know, I’m here because of them.” Mars nods towards the Unown that at the moment cross beneath the Stonjourner as if they were gates, some even approaching the Solgaleo with curiosity…

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]
CO-OP? POG? ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][BREAK]

[BREAK]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #959CFA; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #959CFA; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #959CFA; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #959CFA!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #959CFA; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959CFA; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #959CFA; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2022 18:42:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he looks back at his solgaleo when it gets called nice. "eh, he's alright." either it was just born boring or it was just quiet. kyle always kept it with him due to its volatility in comparison to his other pokemon though.

"i guess that makes sense. your name did kind of pop up on the unown report."

he takes out his phone, goes to the unown report app, and shows the screen back to mars with a smile. if he was indeed obsessed with them, he should have at least some form of unown report. he had honestly forgotten who he was until he googled it and recalled their experiences together.

the other name that appeared was familiar too, but fortunately, it didn't need googling.

"what do you need them for?" kyle asks, carefree smile turning to a more neutral expression as he realize acting won't really make things progress faster. "hope you're not involved with people behind the report."

kyle then returns the phone back to his pocket.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 2:06:18 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

[break][BREAK]
It’s an alright cat, apparently. Leave it to to be completely nonchalant about a pokémon most people would probably find incredible and amazing. Admittedly, it’s one of the things Mars finds entertaining about him, but it’s not like the banker would tell him that, especially not under these sort of circumstances…

MARTÍNDELMAR

When Kyle shows him the screen of his phone, Mars sees his own name written without a single space to separate each word. His name along with three other entries registered when scanning Unown-M. MIRROR. MAGNETAR. MAGNETOPAUSE. He had scanned that last one himself, it’s his own Unown-M.
[break][break]
”Yeah. That’s me.” Of course it’s said flatly, no surprise in his voice, because Mars knew all this already. How could he not know, when every single word in the Unown Report is as if etched into his mind? He perfectly remembers each one of them as if he has taken mental screenshots of every entry, and now his name and ’s are also among them.
[break][break]
Kyle doesn’t trust him, and Mars doesn’t trust Kyle either.
[break][break]
They both have reasons to be apprehensive; Kyle’s question makes his own suspicions clear, and the fact that he’s here with a bunch of Charjabug, Stonjourner, and a strange likely-legendary pokémon is equally as suspicious to Mars.
[break][break]
But, the Unown are drawn to Kyle’s little step-up, and that must mean something…
[break][break]
Maybe he should trust him. Maybe is one of the only people who can truly help him figure all this out…
[break][break]
”Hell, I wish I knew anything about the people who made the report. It sure would be helpful.” He smiles, easygoing and calm as ever, his gaze holding that of the champion before nodding towards the small swarm of Unown. ”If you really want to know, I’m trying to figure the whole report thing out… and the things they can do. You know how Unown can travel through dimensions, right? Figured they’d react in a rift like this one.”
[break][break]
Oversimplified and not the complete truth, but it’s as much as he trusts Kyle with for now.

[break][break]

notes

[break]
CO-OP? POG? ♡

[BREAK]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #959CFA; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #959CFA; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #959CFA; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #959CFA!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #959CFA; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959CFA; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #959CFA; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 19:28:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"we're in a similar boat then."

he shifts his sights to his solgaleo, not explaining any further. context clues should be enough to infer what he was here for from his statement alone. the difference was that his solgaleo already managed to get him to an alternate dimension before and he was trying to replicate the scenario.

having been stuck in an alien place before, he'd rather make sure he has a failsafe for when it happens again the second time.

"guess we can try to see if my pokemon have an affect on your unown's abilities," kyle offers, easing up a bit. not like he has a choice since they're already here anyways. "you aware of what they can do, right?"

kyle shifts his wheels on the trolley he held, shaking its front wheels left and right.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 5:52:47 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

[break][BREAK]
Perhaps it’s fate.
[break][break]
What else could it be, right? Mars is not the sort of person who believes in coincidences, and even if he were, the fact that they’re both here because of an interest in dimensional travel sure wouldn’t sound like one under any circumstances.
[break][break]
”You want to collab? Could be interesting…” It’s worth the shot, and if it works, they both will end up getting something out of it. Yet, his gaze shifts to the armoured feline that apparently can do similar things to what his Unown can do, wondering exactly what it is and how powerful it must be…
[break][break]
It’s then that Kyle asks about the Charjabug and Stonjourner, and Mars looks at the trolley before turning his attention back to him. An eyebrow is raised. ”Aren’t Charjabug like living batteries? No idea about the Stonjourner, though… Gates?”
[break][break]
It seems like the obvious answer.
[break][break]
The Unown seem to grow increasingly interested in the unfamiliar pokémon, and Mars nods towards it.
[break][break]
”Where did you get that one, by the way?... It’s not going to try to eat my Unown or anything, is it?”
[break][break]
That would be a problem.

[break][break]

notes

[break]
CO-OP? POG? ♡

[BREAK]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 16:59:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"power spot," kyle answers, pertaining to the stonejourner. "boosts power of its allies passively. it's a pretty good ability."

leave it to kyle to take things by their objective value. they were all relative anyways so he cannot fault people who don't find them appealing enough that resulted to its obscurity.

"two, i got it from someone else." that someone being the black market. it's been a secret for all these time. "i'd rather not let his existence be known unless necessary though, so can i ask to keep him a secret? please?"

last thing he wants is people thinking he's an avatar of another legendary pokemon. with how close his solgaleo looked to balder's, it won't be surprising to have misinformation spread like that.

"and three, i don't think he does... yeah, he has a different source of energy."

there's been no concrete evidence as to what it was exactly, but kyle has suspicions of where it gets them. while all too obvious, without much else to base on, it was still left to as suspicions.

"so, have you figured out how your unown can start portals?" he asks mars. "mine opened a wormhole once, but hasn't been able to do it since then." it was more like kyle had no reason to do so until now. "i'm guessing all these pokemon can help if it's just a matter of power, but..."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 6:19:05 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

[break][BREAK]
Mars may be many things, but a pokémon expert he is not, and while he may be well-versed when it comes to the moves and abilities of the many pokémon he’s fond of, Stonjourner have never been among those until this point. Thus, his response:
[break][break]
”Huh… That’s pretty cool. I’ll keep it in mind for the future.”
[break][break]
Surely he can’t be the only one who likes useful pokémon, no? And speaking of useful pokémon…
[break][break]
The banker (because that’s all he is right now, isn’t it? Just the CEO of a bank) listen carefully as talks about his armoured pokémon, nodding at the mention of a different source of energy. Whatever it might be, the champion doesn’t elaborate, and Mars doesn’t push the subject. For now, at least. He might do so later if he finds it necessary.
[break][break]
”Sure, I don’t mind keeping quiet about it. It’s not like I go around telling people I wander through distortions with a bunch of Unown trying to get portals to open.” A joke said flatly, but there’s a smirk all the same. One that soon fades in favour of the way he sighs when Kyle asks his next question.
[break][break]
Have you figured out how your Unown can start portals?
[break][break]
”Yes and no. I got a bunch of them to open a portal once before, but it looked like it took them a lot of effort to keep it stable. From what I’ve seen, Unown can travel through dimensions, but it may be more difficult for them to create rifts big enough for others to pass through.” It makes sense, it’s logical, but there’s some pieces missing there. And, it’s then that Mars pauses, his gaze going from the Unown to the man next to him. ”...When I opened that portal, it was locked. With words from the Unown Report. From that I’m guessing they’re some keys for dimensional travel or something, but my name being there now kind of ruins that theory.”
[break][break]
Better to tell him now that if they actually manage to open a portal and they encounter that, no?
[break][break]
”Maybe your pokémon can power them up enough to open a portal. I’d say it’s worth the shot.”

[break][break]

notes

[break]
CO-OP? POG? ♡

[BREAK]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 2:43:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that pretty much lines up with that one time on mossdeep. were you there at the soiree as well?"

unown being more common than normal on hoenn seemed to coincide with the unown report being distributed as well. connections between the three can be extrapolated with these instances, but kyle doesn't have enough evidence backing it up to share it as a fact.

"i guess there's nothing to lose with trying it out. worst case scenario, guess we'll just be stuck in a new dimension we know nothing about."

ultra space and sea hoenn were two places hoenn already had prior contact with when he was thrown there, leading to solid ways of exiting it back. the dream world was similar, but it's more akin to a realistic illusion than another world itself.

turning to his solgaleo, he gives it soft pats before finishing with a stronger one. "you should actually try too," he tells the pokemon, fearing that it may have been following kyle's lethargic nature from being stuck with him for a long time.

to the other pokemon, he snaps to get their attention. "do your best," he says.

he leaves the unown to their trainer, most especially if they had to assemble words with them. kyle knows some complex words, but the ones on the report were hardly ever used in everyday talk, nor were they even used on young adult adventure novels he reads.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 4:28:42 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

[break][BREAK]
The mention of the Star Soirée brings forth bitter memories that he’d usually rather keep buried, and thoughts of the dark illusions created by corrupted dream mist fill his mind for a moment.
[break][break]
”Sure was. Doubt I would have gotten out of the mist if I hadn’t had my Unown with me back then, especially with all those white-haired weirdos attacking everyone.”
[break][break]
But they hadn’t attacked everyone, had they? They were targeting avatars, they even repetitively claimed as much. It was why, for once, Mars had felt glad not to have power like that… And then that ‘Father Winter’ guy had still tried to kill him and his name had been added to the Unown Report not long after that. So, maybe they are all just trigger-happy psychopaths and the moral of the story is not to trust anyone with white hair…
[break][break]
Anyway! Portals!
[break][break]
”Why does this feel like one of those things where you say something bad will happen and then it does?”
[break][break]
’Speaking it into existence’. That’s the term he’s looking for.
[break][break]
However, instead of dwelling on it or reconsidering, Mars pushes that thought aside, his interest in seeing what would happen outweighing his concerns. After all, surely the Unown could create a portal back to this world if needed, couldn’t they? Just like they had back at the Tree of Life’s dimension? For now, the goal is to see if they can even create a portal at all.
[break][break]
To call to their attention, Mars whistles, a short and sharp sound, and it’s the Unown-X that turns towards him first, the rest following its lead soon enough and circling around both men.
[break][break]
”Make a portal.”
[break][break]
The instruction is not all that specific, but simple enough, and the small swarm of Unown moves towards an empty spot nearby as if together they were all a single entity. An entity with a single purpose in mind: travel through dimensions.

[break][break]

notes

[break]
CO-OP? POG? ♡

[BREAK]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,968 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 5:03:35 GMT
shiv Avatar

PORTAL 2 CO-OP

KYLE X MARS

WITHIN THE DISTORTION, the attempt to create a portal produces interesting results. As the two may already know, attempting to create portals or new openings to ultra space have been failing, presumably due to the instability caused after The Ultra Beast War. However, with their combined efforts, they can only open the slightest sliver.

The small chasm shifts between nondescript dimensions or spaces. It is impossible to see what flickers beyond the crack; however, before anything can be done, the two of you and your Pokemon are struck with a powerful attack. A SPACIAL REND blows you back from the violent opening with such ferocity and speed, it is impossible to SKETCH.

Continued efforts cause the attack to repeat with increasing ferocity to the point where you may be close to being killed.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 18:36:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's a part of kyle that revels in the spike in difficulty. the harder the blowback of their efforts hit them, the further he'd want to attempt to overpower it.

unfortunately, the logical side prevails. kyle stops for the most part, if only because his solgaleo wasn't something he'd want to risk.

adrenaline would mask the pain in kyle, but mars would notice the injuries on both of them, as well as their pokemon, to not equate properly to the pain of each blow. tissues slowly and subtly repaired each time they were struck, though it stops as soon as they, too, have halted their operations.

in a limited area around him, kyle can choose pokemon and allies to REGENERATE HEALTH OVER TIME in the midst of battle

one by one, he recalls his pokemon "i'm stopping," kyle announces.

there was no need to explain why he decided it. they made an advancement over their objective, but a premature stop would be kyle's choice on more timelines than not with this scenario.

"this is quite a conundrum, huh?" kyle casually comments. "they can use the unown while we can't."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 5:40:38 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

[break][BREAK]
For a second, it looks as if it will work. The smallest of rifts, only a sliver, barely enough for anything to fit through, but certainly enough for them to hope for more. And then, of course, as is the way of these things, everything goes to shit the second that follows.
[break][break]
Mars barely has enough time to register the attack coming before it hits. It sends them flying back, waves of pain rising through his body as he hits the ground. ”Fuck…” He recognizes the familiar feeling of being healed, a familiarity that probably should be cause for concern, but that with how live is when living in Hoenn, seems like no more than the way of things…
[break][break]
”...Yeah, I’m with you on that.” Sighing, Mars finds himself agreeing with Kyle when the champion calls a stop to their attempts, since they all lead to the same result. There’s no point in continuing to do this if they’ll only keep on getting hurt.
[break][break]
So, he calls his Unown back to him, his gaze wandering over each and every one of them to check their condition. They’re also pokémon Mars would prefer not to lose, and for the sake of it, he calls out his Clawitzer, commanding it to use a HEAL PULSE. After all, Mars likes Kyle well enough and all despite their conflicting factions, but he sure isn’t familiar enough with his abilities to completely rely on them – in fact, at that very moment, he doesn’t even realise it’s Kyle’s avatar abilities at work.
[break][break]
”Shame, it looks like it’ll work but something doesn’t want us opening portals… Wonder why it’s okay with them doing it, though.”
[break][break]
It’s a troubling thought.

[break][break]

notes

[break]
CO-OP? POG? ♡

[BREAK]

[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON May 5, 2022 18:29:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle shrugs.

"wondering about it won't give us anything but theories. doubt we have any actual clue that helps us reach that conclusion outside of hard to recognize patterns on recent events."

it was always like that. there would be incidents that lead up to a bigger one every single time, but it doesn't give them enough to work with to prepare for it. every attempt to understand was just a shot in the dark.

this was why he remembers why he can't be bothered to take action until it happens in front of him. it's a waste of time and energy that he could have used doing nothing instead.

"anyways, it was nice meeting you in this pleasant... distortion." his pokemon gets recalled one by one, leaving behind only his solgaleo for protection. "you sure you have no idea how your name came to be on the report? you know that's kinda sus, right?"

he can afford to poke him with questions like this now that they're done.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
portal 2 coop [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 15:04:06 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

[break][BREAK]
While Kyle’s words may indeed ring true and make perfect sense, wonder happens to be one of the things Mars does best. It’s as if there’s no switch to turn off that ever painfully so inquisitive part of his brain, and even though he agrees with the champion, a part of him keeps trying to put together patterns that at this point are, admittedly, him reaching and grasping at straws more than anything else.
[break][break]
He’d blame the Unown Report, he’d blame all these words that swarm his mind and overtake his thoughts for reasons he can’t understand, but the reality of the matter is that Mars has always been the sort of person who can’t handle not knowing things, much less not understanding something that directly affects him, and in a place like Hoenn, that means countless headaches waiting to happen.
[break][break]
He can feel while looking at his Unown: a migraine that begins to rise despite the HEALING PULSES being released by his Clawitzer. So, in a manner that’s all too uncharacteristic of a man that seems to love the sound of his own voice, he stays quiet as Symbol Pokémon after Symbol Pokémon are called back to the confines of Luxury Balls. Only when Kyle asks him a question that demands an answer does Mars turn his attention to him once more.
[break][break]
“You know that's kinda sus, right?”

[break]
It sure is, isn’t it? But, frustrating as it may be, the truth of the matter is that Mars has no idea why his name is actually in the Unown Report. All he has are speculation, theories, and possibilities. Kyle’s suspicions likely won’t be clear today, but for the sake of bringing him some peace of mind, Mars still offers one of his least outlandish and concerning theories all the same:
[break][break]
”Honestly? I think it may just be because I’ve scanned a bunch of Unown for the report.” He shrugs, since this fact should come as no surprise. ”I’m not the only person whose name is there, right? I really don’t know what other reason they could have to be interested in me…”
A D R I A N M A L C O L M

Just as the ominous Unown Report entry makes its presence known in his mind, a mental apology is issued to for using his name as a distraction. There are no mental apologies to for his lies, however, nor for the tired smile he gives the champion when acting as if he were no more than a businessman caught up in something much more dangerous than what he understands. But, Kyle knows he’s more than that, doesn’t he?
[break][break]
”Oh… Do you think it may have to do with the whole church thing?”
[break][break]
Another distraction, reaching into a theory he had almost completely disproved already.

[break][break]

notes

[break]
CO-OP? POG? ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]
[break]