challenge

[break]
CHOOSE TEAM NAME - SELECT OR DO NOT SELECT A HELD ITEM[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

WELCOME TO THE FLEUR TEA ATELIER a sophisticated tea house of many stories. Although the lower floors feature spaces for enjoying specialty teas and fanciful pastries, the upper floors are dedicated to battling. After all, being this close to Hoenn's Pokemon League means you are within a diverse community of formidable trainers.[break][break]

After some time conversing and enjoying the service, the maître d'hôtel arrives in a smart suit. A Mr. Mime wheels in a fanciful room service trolley beside him. On top of the trolley, is a large cloche. "you are all signed up for the tiered tea room challenge, yes? what is your team's name?" [break][break]

He pulls out a notepad and pen, expecting an answer. Afterward, he asks his Mr. Mime to reveal the contents underneath the cloche. Several items for your Pokemon to equip are revealed.

After selections are made (or not made), he directs you all to wooden staircase. "bon courage! may you all get on like a house on fire!" He offers a hint with a smile.[break]

SELECT ONE HELD ITEM:[break]
[break]

HELD ITEMS

A NEW MECHANIC FOR THIS EVENT

IN THIS ITERATION of the "tower challenge" style of events, held items have made an appearance. Your character can only HOLD 1 HELD ITEM AT A TIME. They may utilize the held item at any time on any of their Pokemon.[break][break]

Occasionally, there will be opportunities to switch the held item with another in between rounds. You do not need to select a held item nor use one.

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information about trading rules and more.
  • Please determine a TEAM NAME ICly.
  • On this floor, have your characters converse with each other. You may post MULTIPLE times.
  • You are allowed to select ONE HELD ITEM from the list above. You may also opt out of choosing a held item.

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,590 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 8:04:45 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

Control is an illusion to ease the pain that is life.

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Ah, this was a nice familiar bit of life. It had been far too long since Elinor had been to an establishment as fair and she was enjoying fairly much, the nostalgia, the experiences that her senses were given. It was all pleasantly relaxing. Clad in a greyish suit more on the casual side, she sipped the cup of tea she had ordered upon her arrival and listened upon the conversing of her fellow challenge-takers, she knew none of them since she had simply signed on to a random team. Introductions were being done, and when her time came she would introduce herself. “My name is Elinor Anderson, it is a pleasure to meet you all, and I look forward to working with you all.”

[break][break]

Finishing the tea just in time for the arrival of the maître d'hôtel and a Mr. Mime. She listened quietly as he spoke. Nodding when he asked if they were all signed up. She turned her attention to her teammates. “To be honest. I have no suggestions on the matter. Do any of you have a suggestion for a good team name?” She spoke calmly but with a very polite tone as she looked towards her fellow teammates.

[break][break]

She then moved her attention to the items looking at each one very thoughtfully. “As for the items. I think it would be wise to each pick one, if for no other reason than to have them available. Since I presume they won’t be once we move on.” She spoke keeping her tone as polite as before, she gazed upon each teammate to see their reaction. “As for me, I’d prefer that one.” She motioned for the Air Balloon, since it seemed to be the item that would help her team the most.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap
N/A

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,649 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 10:30:39 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Ah, so this is what the one percent did in their spare time. This hoity-toity establishment was the definition of high class! Several of the atelier's patrons were flaunting their riches by wearing fancy tuxedos or evening gowns tailored by the most renowned designers in Kalos, often complemented with expensive jewelry and accessories.

Then there was Andrea, who had shown up to the lavish venue wearing her dragon pajamas. Now THAT was truly fancy! Blissfully unaware of the many funny looks she was getting for her unorthodox choice of attire, the young PokéManiac waltzed up to the center of the room, where a butler and his Mr. Mime soon greeted her and the other trainers.

The woman with pinkish blonde hair spoke first, introducing herself as Elinor and accepting a red balloon from the clown-like Pokémon (surely this is a reference to something). The dragon-costumed girl followed suit. "Nice to meet you, Elinor. I'm Andrea Vaneau. I know my masterful disguise makes me look like a Pokémon, but I'm actually a human... for now. Thanks, by the way, but I'm not hungry." She grabbed the Rawst Berry, mistaking it for food. "Maybe Chomper or Meatloaf would like to eat it."

Now came the most important question of all, namely what to name their team! Andrea wasn't quite sure. She didn't know any of these people or what their preferences were. After some deliberation, she came up with an idea that sounded cool in her head. "How about... Team Awesome!" She yelled out loud.
//taking the rawst berry
close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
webnovelist / council assistant
civilian
if desire is the heart’s intransigent verb.
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 16:40:39 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
nagi had been listening to his teammates' introductions. sort of. he had also been chewing. taking meticulous nibbles out of a petit four while thinking alright, those people who spend 10 dollars on a single éclair are maybe onto something.

he has about half a mont blanc fit into his mouth when the clockwise-round-the-table of introductions reaches him after andrea.

"nagi," he says, stumbling into his one-word introduction after a bout of hurried chewing and swallowing. he rubs the pastry crumbs off his chin with the sleeve of his hoodie, as surreptitiously as he can manage.

he shrugs, one-shouldered, to elinor's suggestions on the item distribution. reaching out, he gingerly lifts the mental herb out of the tray. "that sounds... sound. i don't really battle much. ...or at all," he says, with a measure of chagrin — if he were being completely honest, he'd admit that he'd signed up primarily because oh, neat. free lunch.

he shrugs again, leaning a little bit away from andrea as she yells. "it's either that or —" he glances at andrea's dragon pajamas, and pans his gaze over to his own hoodie and slacks "— team wardrobe malfunction."
taking the mental herb

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 18:06:00 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“You would like that, wouldn’t you?” Yes, Violet knew that this guy was referring to the oddly dressed girl. But that kind of term had other meanings. Ones that certainly would make the singular guy in a group of four girls look somewhat odd, to say the least. It was difficult to not make that kind of brief joke. Especially given that he, like the other, had picked without first talking it over. But then again, even if they had, she’d not really cared too much. This contest was just for fun for her. Choosing a held item probably meant nothing in that regard, so she simply pocketed the last item without too much thought.
[break][break]
However, the young woman in the white, frilly shirt over a black skirt did give some thought about the team name. Team Awesome sounded somewhat juvenile, probably befitting a girl that was seemingly naïve, like the one who’d suggested it. But she actually didn’t mind it over a name that sounded like a snide comment. Yeah, she had made one, but bullying him was perfectly okay since he dished stuff out. Dragon girl seemed like the optimistic and up-beat kind. The kind she would secretly hate, but not openly antagonize.
“Either way, I am Violet Fairbanks and it is a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances. I do not have a suggestion of my own for a team name, but of those offered, I think I would go with Andrea’s. It certainly has an air of self-confidence and high aspirations about it. And it is refreshingly straight-forward, if you ask me.”
[break][break]

+ heavy duty boots claimed

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,590 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 18:41:06 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]
A delightful smile formed upon Elinor’s lips as she looked and listened to the group of misfits. One of them seemed particularly energetic, what was her name again, right, Andrea, it was almost endearing the way she behaved, and the way she dressed only made it better. The second one, she wasn’t certain what she should think about him. He seemed a bit uninteresting, but maybe that would do good in canceling out the energy of Andrea. His name was, Nagi? She made a mental note of it and the team ‘name’ he suggested. She didn’t like that one. Last but not least was Violet. She certainly seemed and sounded ready and willing.
[break][break]
She mulled over the suggested names. It seemed Violet, much like Elinor, preferred the Team Awesome name even if it was a bit on the juvenile side. Elinor didn’t much mind. “I think Team Awesome is a neat name. It certainly sets a certain amount of expectations to our team’s performance.” She jokingly said glancing from one person to the next and so on, gauging their reactions as she did so. Since all items had been taken by now, it was only a matter of the team name they needed to finish.
[break][break]
“So, Team Awesome it is?” She raised her hand slightly as if to show she was in favor of this name if they couldn’t figure that out from her words alone.

@pharaohleap
N/A

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,649 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 19:20:15 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
'Wardrobe malfunction'? That was very unlikely to happen with Andrea's current getup. Such an embarrassing (yet funny) incident was better reserved for a future beach thread where all the female cast would be in bikinis (wink).

Elinor and the grumpy lady called Violet were both in favor of the name 'Team Awesome', however juvenile it sounded. The young PokéManiac beamed with joy. "Yay! Team Awesome it is! Let's, uuuh... get on like a house on fire as Mr. Tuxedo Man said!" She yelled excitedly, ready for a challenge that would live up to their team's name.
//voting for Team Awesome as the name

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 0:08:37 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
at violet's rejoinder, nagi's nose wrinkles as if he'd eaten something sour. his brain certainly hadn't arrived on those implications, only thinking of andrea's and his outfit combination of strangely-dressed and underdressed when he opened his dumb, gaping mouth. he's not a lech. euck. yuck. nope.

"wouldn't plan on looking, if it happened," he answers contritely, with the consummate sincerity of someone who always skips the filler beach episode. being the sole guy in a team of women is, perhaps, a gift lost on him. "team awesome's fine."
throwing hat in for team awesome

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 22:05:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]01: BURN

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]
[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
AVOID BEING BURNED WITHOUT THE USE OF PROTECTION MOVES[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

ON THE FIRST CHALLENGE FLOOR, a KINDLER finishes wrapping up a bundle of kindling. His Magby helps too, its small claws careful not to tear the rope.[break][break]

The Kindler wipes his brow. Quickly, his Magby scuttles through his legs and faces the challengers ahead. "ah! so it's time. although moltres and her avatar may have disappeared, her flame burns strong within the kindler clan." He nods to the small Magby as it opens its rounded beak. "avoid being BURNED by chimney's fires!"[break][break]

The Magby leaps and fires a WILL-O-WISP at every single Pokémon you've summoned.[break][break]

In the middle of the room's flooring, an inscription is written:[break]
"Once there were four.[break]
And one looked upon time's steady pace.[break]
And one looked upon the expanse of space.[break]
And one looked through its pane,[break]
And one looked for disorder to maintain.[break]
Only two did set out,[break]
the fullness of future they did seek,[break]
the world's far end would they greet."

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • Avoid being BURNED without using a move.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 8:57:31 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Oh, they were making a fire now? That was definitely hazardous to say the least. But she figured since it was part of the show, they had prepared for this. Probably meant they were used to do something with fire, too. Or maybe she just wanted to think that since it offered an opportunity to show off her fiery little friend.
[break][break]
Wasting no time and before the attacks even went out since that seemed to be the flow of events, she sent out her shiny Litwick this time. Only for that to be hit by a Will-o-Wisp, the most ghostly of fire attacks. Which was fitting for the occasion probably, but it also meant that the whole burning part did not exactly work. “Well, that just adds to the Litwicks little light.” She then turned her head towards her partners. “Feel free to pick up Litwick and have it absorb the Will-o-Wisps coming at you, if you can do such a thing and it does work. I don’t really know.”
[break][break]

+ Sending out the fire type Litwick to not get burned since already lit

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,590 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 9:53:47 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]
With the team name in order and items acquired. It was time for the challenge. It seemed the Balloon wouldn’t be necessary for the first one, as it was a fire-type challenge. The choice for this challenge was easy. Quickly she retrieved the Pokeball containing her one and only fire-type and summoned it forth into the air-space of this room.
[break][break]
The orange bird cooed happily as it flapped its wings. It looked around, spotting quickly what it was supposed to do. Quickly it flew between Elinor and the on-coming will-o-whisp. Its small flames licked the body of the bird, trying to cause some burns to appear. Alas, the bird’s fiery nature kept it nice and protected.
[break][break]
Elinor looked towards Violet who had gotten the same idea, then gave a small acknowledging nod. It seemed they had the same idea.
[break][break]
TLDR: Summoned Fletchinder, and tanked the Will-o-Whisp.

@pharaohleap
N/A

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,649 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 20:27:16 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
So, it seemed their first challenge was to avoid being burned by Magby's AoE attack. As a certain quiz-loving Gym leader from a different timeline would have said, 'You'd better have Burn Heal.'

Violet and Elinor had a slightly different idea, namely sending out FIRE types that were immune to being burned in the first place. "Ooooh, good thinking! Go, Pepper!" Andrea followed suit, sending out a happy little Charmander that casually walked through the Will-o-Wisp without being fazed by the sinister flames in the slightest. Once it had reached the other side, the fiery lizard patted the Magby's broccoli-shaped head, as if to tell her fellow Fire type that they were doing a good job.

Meanwhile, Andrea ducked on all fours in order to read out loud the inscription that was written on the floor, her costume's fake tail sticking out of her rear. "'Once there were four'... What a coincidence, there's four of us too! What do you think this means?" She asked her teammates for input.
//Charmander cannot be burned due to Fire typing

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 15:31:43 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
nagi nods in assent, and follows violet's lead, summoning his own litwick alongside hers.

"sherlock."

his litwick hums in response. the fire emitted from the magby twirl around them, a whirl of wisp-light - and with a spark of litwick's candle flame, dissipate.

task finished, sherlock raises their small hands up towards nagi, who reaches down obligingly to deposit sherlock back on their customary spot on his head. litwick hat secure, nagi peers at the inscription, careful not to tread on andrea's tail as he strides around the poem's periphery.

"... the world's far end would they greet," he reads quietly. ominous. "which one of us is which, then? i call dibs on the one which looked through its pane," he adds, in a wry murmur.

what a strange verse. compelling, though. with a quick glance around at the rest of his team, nagi slips a pen out of his pocket, and scrawls the poem across the inside of his left forearm in a messy shorthand.
litwick's fire typing makes it immune to burn
tag urself pokemon creation myth version

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 23:06:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]02: FLY

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
SUCCESSFULLY ATTACK A SEMI-VULNERABLE POKEMON THAT USED THE MOVE, FLY.[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED AND ARE USHERED TO THE SECOND FLOOR. The wall tall windows are all opened. Beautiful, white curtains billow from the window frames like maiden dresses. At the other end of room, a trainer dressed in an aerodynamic uniform waits with their Aerodactyl.[break][break]

He waves to the team, the extended arm revealing the synthetic patagium. "a long time ago, during the primal age, rayquaza had to calm the titans of the sea and land! the two wanted nothing but to keep all the natural energy of this region for themselves. i wouldn't be surprised if rayquaza felt the same way too." The Sky Trainer beckons for his Aerodactyl and with a caw, it flaps its leathery wings. It soars toward the ceiling and waits in mid-air. "can you land a hit on my aerodactyl? it's pretty high up thanks to FLY!"[break][break]

Around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"Two different paths—[break]
each on a lonesome path they trod,[break]
though they walk with an almighty god.[break]
O you, who live in relative comfort dwell,[break]
I know your wish- it does not bode well."

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • You can only use ONE MOVE.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
TIERED TEA ROOM #3
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 17:57:53 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Yeah, Vio didn’t really care at all about those riddles and such. Those would be interesting, were they actually ancient hints towards treasure or so. But like this, they seemed kind of cringe? Clearly, they were given trainer-knowledge tests here, so hearing those guys waxing on about stuff like Rayquaza and such just felt weird. It was a bit. She didn’t really feel like joining in on it, so she let the others try to figure it out.
[break][break]
Instead, she now pulled out her Heliosk. If that Aerodactyl was so high up, then she just had to use the furthest reaching attack she could think of. “Thunder it,” she simply ordered, watching the sparks literally fly thereafter. Then, she turned towards what had been said. “Ugh. I mean, I get it, we can probably pick one of two options here at some point. But I am not sure what Rayquaza would have to do with any of that. The way I see it, he could beat the other two at any time just, well, because it was so high up and such.”
[break][break]

+ ooc notes