684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
bear
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 2:26:46 GMT
nina larson Avatar
her heart pounded in her chest. her palms sweat. she felt as though she could practically cry as she made her way for his office. the underboss.

she held it together, only barely, with one long breath out of tightly rounded lips.

”okay,” she breathed, looking towards the desk. ellis.

”i’m here to see mr. merlino.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bear
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 23:21:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Ellis is gentler than Gavin, seems to pity her.

"Go ahead."

She'd open the door to the cold, metal office with its singular window and the pair of red eyes that loom beyond. Gavin is perhaps less daunting in comparison, leaning back in his chair with a heart-shaped strawberry pinched between pale fingers. Courtesy of his partner, , who was smart enough to realise Gavin often forgot to eat when he was working... and he was working more often than not, with gone.

He finishes chewing, swallows before he greets her, wiping red juice from his fingertips with a napkin.

"I don't think we've met." He knows who she is, though, because he pays attention. "How can I help you?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
bear
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 7:34:58 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she had never seen gavin merlino before, only his photo in the news. it was chilling. she scarcely remembered a meek ”thankyou” to ellis before the door shut behind her, and she was terrifyingly alone with the underboss—except for his red-eyed deity looming out the window.

what was that feeling? she couldn’t pull her eyes off of it... it felt like she was swimming in hot water, pulled right into its horrifying stare...

when her eyes were finally able to peel off the shadow lugia and find gavin again, she was clearly rattled. she could hide nothing in the deep breath she had to take.

”no, sir. my name is nina larson.”

she tried her best not to crumble under a powerful PRESSURE she wasn’t totally aware of.

”i was attacked by a man during a delivery. it was a setup. he said that all rockets deserve to die.” another soft, stabilizing breath before she concluded shortly, ”i was told i should come here and tell you.” certainly, it had not been her idea.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bear
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 19:11:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The pressure applied by Lugia's presence is welcomed, intentional... but upon hearing Nina's reason for coming to his office, a silent exchange between legend and vessel sees the red eyes in the window vanish. The pressure gradually abates as the Guardian of the Seas returns to her favoured depths, and Gavin makes a conscious effort to control his anger.

It's aided, thankfully, by a Sylveon who jumps up into the underbosses lap and spreads its calming influence over his mind.

Still, Gavin's lips press thin.

"I see. Thank you for telling me." But, unfortunately, he couldn't let her go just yet. "Did he mention a name, perhaps?"

Doubtful, but he had to be sure.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
bear
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 6:12:37 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she watched the exchange in silence, gaze passing between the underboss and the terrifying creature outside of his office window. feeling the PRESSURE lift, she had to wonder if she hadn’t been imagining it. her brow furrowed for the smallest moment, inquisitive before it smoothed out again. she didn’t voice her obvious question.

a name? shit. she shouldn’t come here with something to give them. she looked like a liability, she figured. the look in her two-toned eyes gave away enough of her fear.

”no.” for a moment, she felt her throat dry and she was unable to speak further. with another breath, she pulled from a painful memory. ”but i know the names of his bears. he called the beartic artica, and the pangoro was mori.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bear
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 8:46:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Bears."

He might've seemed displeased, with his deadpan tone and the deep furrow of his brow. Fingers tent beneath his chin, and he plucks another strawberry from the tray upon his desk. The tips of his fingers are stained pink with the juice.

"Good to know," he says after a pause. "It's not much, but it's more than nothing. Their names, especially. I'll put the word out among our intel department and see what we can't dig up."

He types something into the laptop on his desk.

"I'll send someone after him." Matter-of-fact, emotionless. "Did you want to be there?"

Some took pleasure in vengeance; he wouldn't rob her of it, if that's what she wanted. In the end, the result would be the same.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
bear
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 4:35:36 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she nodded the trace of an mhm slipped from lips that decided last-second to stay quiet.

then, he was rattling off a plan. they were going to go after this man, and they were going to take care of him so this didn’t happen again. that sounded good, right? she blinked at him, in a little bit of a daze at the thought before nodding again. realizing he was asking her a question.

”uh—yeah. i’ll be there.”

wait, what?

she didn’t dare correct her slip, too shocked, and too self-conscious. she figured she could not afford to look any more rattled.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bear
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 23:41:08 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Unfortunately for Nina, Gavin doesn't second-guess her.

"That's settled, then." He enters something else into the computer. "I take it you don't want to be the one to carry out the execution." Would she be here, if she did? He doesn't think so. "Any other preferences?"

Like they're discussing a restaurant order, and not a murder.

He opens a hidden compartment in his desk, seems to consider its contents before closing it once more. Another note is added to whatever file he was doubtless writing.

The poison supplied to him by would do nicely for this.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
bear
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 0:57:14 GMT
nina larson Avatar
that’s settled, then.

this was it. she was going to sit in on a murder. if there was any doubt before, she was now sure. she was past the point of no return.

when faced with his question, she wasn’t sure how to answer. was it a test? might it be better to say ’yes, let me prove myself’?

she swallowed.

”um... no. no preferences.”

say something else, nina. say something else. her heart pounded.

”actually, i want him to suffer.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bear
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 7:34:08 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin tilts his head, assessing.

"He will."

There's a softer quality to the voice of the underboss, now, but it's far from gentle. His hand slips once more into the desk's hidden compartment, this time producing a tiny vial of clear liquid. He sets in on the desk.

"This is Toxapex venom. When it enters the bloodstream, it causes excruciating pain." It could incapacitate something as large as a Wailord, if enough was applied. Given to a human? "It lasts for days... but he won't."

The venom itself wasn't inherently fatal, but they had other tricks for that.

She won't know it, but he'd hesitated before selecting for the task. That man's brutality was extreme even for a Rocket, but if @onyx was meant to suffer? Calem would ensure that he would.

"You'll be contacted when we've tracked him down."

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
bear
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 2:31:46 GMT
nina larson Avatar
the way the underboss’ voice softened was unexpected. for the first time in a while, she felt... safe? so many of the others had offered her little but tough lessons so far. any ounce of compassion was a relief.

the venom sounded horrific. at first, it was perfect. but... it wouldn’t kill. they would do it a different way. presumably, much more violent. oh, gods. she was going to witness her first murder, and it was going to be utterly brutal.

she stared at the vial, acknowledging weakly, ”okay.”

how many horror films had she seen? most that she could find. surely, nothing compared to the real thing.

she’d be contacted when they tracked him down.

she echoed, ”okay.”

that was it, then?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
bear
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 19:34:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: