if david bowie isn't waiting at the end i'll riot [maze]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 22:03:13 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"What do you think? Looks fun, right? Let's give it a shot!"[break][break]
Bonding with a strange Pokemon from a weird pocket dimension is far from easy. Luka's experience with training can be counted in months rather than years, a far cry from most adults and, shamefully, even children.[break][break]
But that doesn't mean she's not willing to try. Her shallow stores of knowledge remind her that most of the grass types she cares for love fresh air and sunlight. And thanks to Anise and the careful cultivation of carrots with , her green thumb has developed quite nicely. Caring for this lovely flower should be just the same, right? Just with a few extra steps.[break][break]
Her unusual Lilligant chirrups and twirls as they approach the carefully pruned hedges, looking about as happy as Luka's ever seen her. A soft smile inches onto her face as the happy plant dances through the maze, although Luka has to keep a quick pace in order to keep up. When they reach the first branch, she indicates that her Pokemon should choose the path they tread.[break][break]After spinning in place for a moment, Lilligant chooses to go left.[break][break]

dY3i8rRS[break]
LEFT

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.honey] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 20:18:58 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

THE FIRST CHECKPOINT

Your Lilligant's twirling inspires the faintest huff of displeasure from the haughty Roselia, who seems far too dignified to engage in dancing.

Regardless, the Roselia guarding this first of many choices nods, bowing as she steps aside to let you enter your chosen path. The other closes abruptly in a curtain of moss and vines at the Pokemon's behest, unable to be retread.

Your choice at the first checkpoint is decided; your path is set.

You go LEFT.[break]

THE PATH LESS TRAVELED BY

As you advance deeper into the maze, flowers of every hue blossom and unfurl around you, as if celebrating your passage deeper into the leafy foliage. Sunlight spills forth through the crevices of leaves and branches, at last revealing a Lilligant who stands before you.

She elegantly curtseys with a smile, as if she has been long awaiting your presence. In her leafy hands, she holds a boxed gift:
[break]
Pokeballs
FIVE POKEBALLS. You have PASSED the first checkpoint!

Behind her another choice awaits you: a winding, looping path to the left, and a narrow and snaking path to the right.

Which path shall you take, ?

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 21:58:02 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Lilligant seems impervious to the Roselia's annoyance, or perhaps she simply doesn't care. She does stoop to pat the other flower's head though, eyes slitted in a mouthless smile. As the path parts and the duo is allowed to continue on, chiming laughter follows her dainty footwork. Perhaps the Pokemon is a bit more playful than Luka thought.[break][break]

She admires the flowers as they traipse through the hedges, and Luka is reminded of the Gracedia Seeds she has yet to properly plant. Much like the Shaderoot Carrots that grow up on Mt. Pyre, there seems to be a weight to them, so much potential in such a small thing. Her Steenee has been her gardening buddy as of late, but perhaps she should include her new flower in the process.[break][break]

Speaking of which! She should really name her new companion. Various desserts and sweets cross her mind, but none stick as she watches Lilligant prance about.[break][break]

Eventually they reach another dead end, and another guiding Pokemon. Lilligant, recognizing a distant kin, chirrups in delight and curtseys back, then tries to pull the other flower in for a waltz. Luka, giggling in the background, holds her first prize carefully and observes the branching paths before them.[break][break]

After mulling it over, she chooses right.[break][break]

OtsBWK0C[break]
RIGHT

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.honey] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.honey .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 22:01:31 GMT

THE SECOND CHECKPOINT

The Lilligant's eyes blink in apparent surprise as her distant kin draws her into a waltz, her professional composure briefly leaving her as she lets out a bemused laugh.

Shaking her head with mild puzzlement and amusement, the Lilligant that guards this second checkpoint bobs her head in silent understanding, stepping aside to let you enter your chosen path. The other closes abruptly in a curtain of moss and vines at the Pokemon's behest, unable to be retread.

Your choice at the second checkpoint is decided; your path is set.

You go RIGHT.[break]

A gentle wind bearing dandelion spores draws you further into the maze, sticky with sweet pollen. It tickles your nose, leaving it no surprise when the bend turns to reveal a joyful Jumpluff standing before you.

She chirps with apparent delight at your arrival, hopping up and down upon a boxed gift that she urges towards you:
[break]
TM/TR Moves
THREE TM/TR MOVES. You have PASSED the second checkpoint!

Behind the blue Pokemon another choice awaits you: a circuitous path to the left, and a deceptively straight, arrow-like path to the right.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 9:34:13 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Woah...we got it! We make a pretty good team, huh?"[break][break]
Though her Lilligant can't answer, the trilling sound she makes seems like agreement. Luka beams and hooks her arm through a leafy appendage, and the pair takes on the next path side-by-side.[break][break]
It's a half walk, half follow-the-yellow-brick-road skip down the rest of the path. A light spring breeze carries puffs of fairy dust towards them, the seeds tangling in Luka's hair. She carries her fluffy crown with pride, while Lilligant swats at the ones approaching her. A fear of cross pollination, perhaps? Is that even a thing?[break][break]

But eventually, their walk leads them to another fork and the source of the seedlings. It's Lilligant who accepts the prize this time, though she quickly slips it back into her trainer's purse. Luka peers at the two opposing paths, but ultimately leaves the decision up to her companion.[break][break]

Though they alternate turns, they don't alternate directions. Lilligant chooses right.[break][break]

VFMDH2Ue[break]
RIGHT

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 17:08:57 GMT

THE THIRD CHECKPOINT

The Jumpluff scatters more spores joyfully as you arrive, seeming pleased to have your company at the end of this little yellow-brick-road. (Green-brick-road, perhaps?)

The delight doesn't leave the Jumpluff as she confirms your decision with a decisive hop, skipping aside to let you enter your chosen path. The other closes abruptly in a curtain of moss and vines at the Pokemon's behest, unable to be retread.

Your choice at the second checkpoint is decided; your path is set.

You go RIGHT.[break]

You sense that this far in the maze, there are less and less other individuals nearby; you have gotten far indeed, and it shows when you come upon the faintly surprised look on a regal, dignified Tsareena's face. From her slightly bored appearance, the Tsareena has been waiting here for some time for company.

The Grass-type Pokemon strides forward towards you on her long legs, holding forth yet another box to award you for your efforts:
[break]
Sparkling Dust
THREE SPARKLING DUSTS. You have PASSED the third checkpoint!

Behind the elegant Grass-type Pokemon another choice awaits you: a path to the left cast in the shade of a canopy of ivy, and a bright, sunny path to the right riddled with sunflowers.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 22:59:01 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","honey"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Palmier!"[break][break]

Luka blurts out the name with a grin as they venture down the path, her arm still linked with her Lilligant's. Palm tree leaf. A delicate, sugary cookie. It's perfect![break][break]

"I'll call you Palmier. Do you like it?" After a beat of silence and what appears to be careful consideration, Lilligant chirps her approval at the nickname. There's something far more personable about a nickname; Luka prefers to treat her Pokemon as companions and friends, not just another tickmark in the Pokedex or ball in the PC.[break][break]

They reach the next checkpoint in considerably high spirits, and make their next decision jointly. Together they veer off towards the right once again, basking under dappled sunshine as cheerful flowers guide them forth.[break][break]

ETeNfz4u[break]
RIGHT

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 19:03:13 GMT

THE FOURTH CHECKPOINT

The Tsareena watches as you make towards the flower-laden path, nodding.

With her head held high, the Tsareena gracefully steps aside to let you enter your chosen path. The other closes abruptly in a curtain of moss and vines at the Pokemon's behest, unable to be retread.

Your choice at the fourth checkpoint is decided; your path is set.

You go RIGHT.[break]

OUT OF THE WOODS

You follow the long and winding path of the maze, eyes scanning for the next possible glimpse of the promised checkpoint ahead. The flowers, however, seem to furl up and diminish in your shadow; it occurs to you, after some time of endless wandering and meandering, that your path only goes one way.

Out.

The radiant smile of a Bellossom greets you, dancing over to you with a consolation gift in her hands. Next to her, the figure of her trainer, , gives a small, sympathetic smile. "Made it halfway through the maze, did you?" she says, gesturing for you to open the proffered box. "I hope you enjoy your bounty. You've done quite well, indeed."

[break]

HAS COMPLETED THE MAZE CHALLENGE!

[break][break]
You have EXITED the maze and are eligible for the following prizes when this thread closes: [break]
50 PD[break]
FIVE POKEBALLS[break]
THREE TM/TR MOVES[break]
THREE SPARKLING DUSTS[break]