he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 22:11:57 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
When news first spread of shrines being vandalized and destroyed across Hoenn, Aster was conflicted. He wondered if it meant that the age of legendaries was over, if people and pokemon were destined to never live in harmony as they once had. Then again, he wasn't sure if they ever had lived in harmony and that perhaps humanity had only restrained themselves out of fear of the great pokemon that were now considered things of the past. Still, shrines were places filled with history and were important to many of Hoenn's citizens. In his mind they deserved the protection and care afforded to any artifact or ruin.

He'd grown up by the small Shaymin shrine in Petalburg Woods, so when a notice went around looking for volunteers willing to guard it while it went under repairs, he didn't hesitate to sign himself up. It was his day off technically, but he was still dressed in full ranger gear as he made the trek to the shrine. His heavy hiking boots crunched leaves as he walked and he soaked up the sun that speckled through the trees.

The shrine itself was surrounded by many wild flowers, Aster even noticed the green beginnings of gracideas growing. Aster closed his eyes and clapped his hands together over the splendor. The beautiful, colorful spot would always remind him of his grandmother and of simpler times. When he opened his eyes again, he spoke his thoughts out loud.

"Seriously, who would want to destroy something so pure?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 23:23:55 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
This little Shaymin shrine had been something that Elisabeth had seen every so often in her strolls into the Petalburg Woods. With all the Gracidea flowers in full bloom, it had become something of a routine retreat for her, where she would sit across from the sculpture of the hedgehog Pokemon and meditate for awhile.

And yet, common vandalism had somehow found its way even this far into the woods. The sculpture had fallen into ruin several times now, graffiti covering it as the flowers surrounding the pedestal were stomped on into the ground. Each time, Elisabeth heaved a soft sigh and went to work remedying the damage.

The florist began with the flowers, replanting them carefully and tending to the broken stems. Then came the wiping away of paint, using the gentle jet of water produced by her Surskit to spray at the garish colours without causing any damage. Any fallen pieces of the statue were gathered together by her Tsareena, held up and reassembled with vines -- not quite the same as the proper adhesive of plaster, but it would do well enough for their purposes.

And so it went, for awhile, until Elisabeth's patience wore thin.

Despite being a criminal herself, she had standards. Desecrating a shrine repeatedly for giggles certainly violated hers.

Thus Elisabeth resolved to put a stop to whomever was causing her so much grief, preparing a stakeout in the shrine for anyone foolish enough to cross her in such a foul mood. So when arrived, she stepped forward, ready to unleash the full weight of her Pokemon against him...

...only to hear him express the exact sentiments she herself felt.

Elisabeth's hand withdrew from her Pokeball. "Are you here to defend the shrine as well?" she asked, emerging from the shadows.

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 22:54:36 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Are you here to defend the shrine as well?

The sudden question startled Aster and he couldn't help a small flinch of surprise as his hand automatically reached for his pokeball. He turned towards the voice and immediately dropped his guard. "Oh, you scared me for a second there. Didn't notice ya." He rubbed the back of his neck and nodded towards the woman he'd somehow missed on his hike here. "Yeah, I volunteered to keep watch over this here shrine while it's being repaired. So far I guess I'm not doing too good at staying aware of my surroundings." He huffed a soft chuckle and extended a hand.

"Aster Rousseau, nice to meet ya. Are you here to look after the place too?" He turned his gaze away to once again take in the shrine. "It's such a shame, the flowers are always so beautiful. There's not too many places left like it in Hoenn. I can't wait to give the hooligans I catch defacing it a good talking to."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 20:50:29 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
As spoke, Elisabeth felt herself relax, her instinct to trust him rewarded with each additional word he said aloud. She pressed her hands before herself, nodding as she listened, before she ventured to reply.

"My purpose here is similar in nature. I live in a cottage on the outskirts of the woods," the blonde said, gesturing from the direction from which she came, "and often encounter this shrine on my daily walks here."

She knelt before the statue, a hand tending to the broken stem of a pink flower that blossomed at its base, before she rose once more to her feet. Her skirt swirled about herself with the movement, fluttering gently in the breeze.

"People have been planting Gracideas here," Elisabeth continued. "I am a florist, so I am keenly aware of how rare these flowers are, and how much meaning is imbued in their flowering. It is... cruel, to destroy them and to deface the sculpture here. It is to discredit much labour, and the gratitude that others have chosen to seed in this place."

A hand was extended in return. "Elisabeth Fiorelli of Petalburg City. I believe our interests are aligned. Do you believe the troublemakers will come here tonight?"

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 17:05:31 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster thought Elisabeth carried herself with grace and spoke with refinement, she was a picturesque lady. He couldn't help but feel that she was actually a fairy queen and double checked the ground near his feet to make sure he hadn't stepped through a circle of mushrooms. "A florist," he hummed, "that's lovely. I'd love to visit your shop sometime. And I'm sure whoever planted those gracideas would be happy to know someone has been tending to them in their place."

At the mention of her cottage, Aster lit up. "You live around here? That's incredible! I've lived in Petalburg City practically my whole life, to think we've never met." He smiled at her warmly then answered her question. "Well now," Aster surveyed the area around them, "it's my first day on the job here so I can't say for certain, but... It is a Friday night, an optimal time for young ruffians to get up to something, no?" He turned back to Elisabeth.

"Of course, we'll have our pokemon to protect us, but if push comes to shove, I'd like it if you'd stand behind me. Can't let a civilian get hurt on my watch, and certainly not such a kind and pretty lady such as yourself."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 18:26:40 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"I have only moved to Hoenn a few months ago, and admittedly, I don't live in the city proper. It is no surprise that we wouldn't have met yet, hm?"

His concern for her welfare was sweet, if entirely misguided. Elisabeth bit back the immediate retort that hovered on the tip of her tongue, countless nights of far more danger than teenage ruffians coming to mind before she dismissed them.

That was her life as a poisoner in Team Rocket, of course. Not her civilian life as Elisabeth Fiorelli, florist of Petalburg City. And the latter should accept any kindness the League wanted to show her.

"Would you?" the blonde said instead, the very picture of gratitude as she smiled and pressed a hand to her heart. "That is most kind of you, Mr. Rousseau. Rest assured, however, I know my way around a battle or two."

Elisabeth furrowed her brow in thought, assessing the premises as if to calculate their strategy. She resisted the urge to speak her thoughts aloud, recalling that again, was the employed member of the League between them.

"How would you like to approach this?" she asked instead, falling into the deference she had all too recently employed as a grunt in the lower echelons of Rocket. "I will gladly follow your lead."

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 19:11:02 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster smiled and quirked an eyebrow at the fellow trainer. "Of course Miz' Fiorelli. And please forgive me, I ne'er meant to imply that you couldn't take care of yourself. Just trying to do my duty as a ranger."

Aster watched Elisabeth's face as she thought, there was obviously a lot going on behind those eyes of hers; they looked to be as calculating as some of Aster's own superiors. He was slightly startled to have been asked about the approach he wanted to take. Aster had half expected her to take charge based solely on that look, as illogical as that was. He cleared his throat and took a good look around of his own.

"Hmm, I figured I could hide out in the bushes behind the shrine there," he pointed a bit into the distance, "Or maybe in that tree, and then have my breloom use spore on any approaching offenders. My only concern is if multiple people come from different directions, I don't have any other pokemon that could restrict their movement without hurting them or the surrounding area." He thought deeply for a moment and put a hand over his mouth and said, more to himself, "Maybe sweet scent could work?"

Remembering Elisabeth's presence, he shook himself back to the present. "Well, that's what I got anyway. Any ideas on your end? I'm not so proud that I wouldn't go with a better plan if one is presented to me."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON May 4, 2022 22:20:23 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Her mouth twitched faintly with amusement. "Why Mr. Rousseau, you haven't insulted me in the slightest, nor do I find your proposal wanting. The opposite on both accounts, as it happens." The fact he felt such concern, however, endeared him more to her.

It was a sensible plan he proposed. SWEET SCENT could be an intriguing lure for humans and Pokemon alike. "If you'd like a lookout, my Decidueye, Basil, can assist," she said smoothly, summoning the Grass-type Pokemon with a flick of her wrist. The owlish creature loomed overhead from the canopy of a tree above, hooting softly his assent.

Next came another flash of light, revealing this time a pinkish butterfly Pokemon that hovered around Elisabeth pleasantly. "As for ways to restrict movement, my Vivillon, Petunia, can assist with STUN SPORE. If Basil indicates the direction from which we're being approached, we will be able to direct your Breloom and Petunia as needed."

This was hardly preparing to safeguard black market Pokemon from the League, but it felt similar in execution.

"Hm. What else?" She pursed her lips, then said as she brought a third Pokemon to the field, "If you'd like to hide in the undergrowth, we could utilise GRASSY TERRAIN as a camouflage of sorts. My Vileplume should be able to accomplish that nicely. Your thoughts on the matter?"

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 15:53:40 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
"How funny, my partner Gogoat is also named Basil, I guess great minds think alike," Aster lightly chuckled, "But that plan seems just fine and dandy! Dare I say, you have a mind for strategy. I bet you are wonderful in battle Ms. Fiorelli, I couldn't have asked for a better partner."

Aster stretched, popping a couple bones into place, then clapped his hands together. He turned to the trainer's Decidueye and addressed it directly. "Well then, Basil, we'll be counting on you! Thank you for your help." He then gently tossed a pokeball into the air and his Breloom appeared next to him with a pop. "Alright Portobello, you and Petunia are on standby with your spore moves, alright? Stay focused and I promise to treat ya to some puffs later," Aster said with a wink. His pokemon chirped a salute and he smiled widely.

"That settles it then," Aster said shifting his attention to Elisabeth, "All that's left is the assistance from your Vileplume and getting situated undercover. Ready then?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 12:55:33 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth's eyes sparkled with amusement. "Great minds, hm? Perhaps so."

Basil swiveled his head towards as the man thanked the Decidueye, puffing up the owlish Pokemon's ego significantly as he fluffed up his feathers. For such a proud bird, he could be terribly silly and vain, or so Elisabeth thought to herself privately.

"I don't know if I would call myself a skilled opponent, so much as a persistent one," she admitted. Her core specialties -- Bug, Grass, and Poison-type Pokemon -- were not known for their power and strength so much as their whittling tenacity. Often it felt as if Elisabeth was always fighting on the defensive, caught as some eternal underdog on the field.

Her Vivillon's attention perked up at the mention of the promised 'puffs' for the Breloom, winging over to Aster as if insisting that she be included in such a prize. Elisabeth rolled her eyes, whatever favorable impression she had given the man surely fading somewhat at the sight of Petal's greed.

"Bryony, if you would?" she said, turning her attention to her perfectly well-mannered Vileplume, who smiled and twirled in place. As the Grass-type did so, vines of every conceivable shape blossomed forth from the ground, wrapping around Aster and Elisabeth both in a protective enclave of flowering blossoms.

The florist turned to Aster and smiled, their camouflage complete. "Marvelous. Now we simply wait for..."

No waiting was necessary, however. Two loud hoots directed their attention -- company from the right and the left, respectively.

"Let's begin, shall we?"

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 20:27:27 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster gave Elisabeth a quick nod. Suddenly, a look of realization crossed his face. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small tourmalinated quartz and offered it to Elizabeth with a bashful smile. "For a little luck."

Without further delay, Aster got into position relying on grassy terrain for camouflage. Silently, he directed Petunia to use sweet scent. A sickly sugar scent permeated outward from her petals and across the area from which the offenders were approaching. Aster hoped to himself that their foes would be to enamored and distracted by the smell to draw out their own pokemon; he wasn't a fan of battles.

Aster turned towards Elisabeth and quietly gestured that he would take on those approaching from the right. Just as he finished, two young men broke through the tree-line near him. They certainly dressed the part of edgy hooligans in all black and chains with cans of spray paint strapped to their side. There was no doubt in his mind of what they were there to do. He let them get within a few paces and then shouted.

"Portobello, now!" His Breloom immediately responded by leaping from cover and spraying the two men with the yellow spores. The two tried to shake it off but it wasn't long until they dropped to their knees, immobile. Aster fought the urge to fist pump and turned to see how Elisabeth was fairing.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 22:30:43 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Just as 's Breloom had managed to paralyze the incoming hoodlums, so too did Elisabeth's Vivillon rub her wings together to release a sprinkling of STUN SPORES onto the strange arrivals.

It made for clean and tidy work, truth be told. The SWEET SCENT had, as hoped, lured the trainers forward without releasing any Pokemon in advance. They fell to their knees just as the others had before Aster, shuddering and spasming.

It brought to mind a different situation -- one in the Slateport slums with -- that Elisabeth pushed away from her mind as quickly as it came. This was no time to torture. At least, not with a kind member of the League present.

"Well, well," Elisabeth said, clapping her hands together as her Decidueye confirmed no one else would be joining them. "What brings all of you to this little shrine, hm?" She tutted lightly as she lifted several graffitied utensils from their pockets, examining the paint with a raised eyebrow. "What has Shaymin done to deserve this, now? How very rude."

She turned to with a smile, her eyes sparkling with the pleasure of victory. "You are the experienced member of the League. How would you like to handle this?"

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 19:46:01 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
It was good clean work indeed. Perhaps the smoothest an operation had gone for him since he'd become a ranger. He returned Elisabeth's smile appreciating how easily she'd covered any of his weak points. He took her directed question and pretended to think for a moment. Having looked over the punks they apprehended, they all seemed no older than fifteen or sixteen, and Aster had a soft spot for troubled youths.

With a exaggeratory hand on his chin he said, "Well now, repeat offenders on the charges of graffiti are looking at fines of up to ten thousand or one to three years in prison. So we can't just let this slide right? I mean, especially since they were about to harm those precious plants you worked so very hard to care for. Should we rough them up a bit before we bring them in?" He had a soft spot for them, but that didn't mean he wouldn't try to scare them straight. He shot a glance towards the offenders as a couple grew wide eyed.

"Ah, shit, never mind. These maggots are just yellow-bellied young-uns. It be a waste of time an energy." Aster turned his full attention towards the punks. "Alright fellas, I'm not in the mood to fill out a bunch of paperwork. I think I'll just confiscate your supplies. Call your parents and I'll hold you here til they arrive. That alright with you?" He directed his last question to Elisabeth.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 23:44:47 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Ah, the merciful option. Elisabeth could respect that, in this context. She listened with faint amusement as Aster's initial bravado faltered when faced with the reality of the typical, teenage vandals in front of him, and quietly concluded his decision was the right one.

Violence and paperwork alike would be unnecessary. The former would attract the wrong attention, and the latter was simply tedious.

"There isn't too much to confiscate, thankfully," was her easy reply. "I'm happy to keep an eye on our guests while you do so, and while we wait for their parents."

Only when Aster had departed did she turn her attention to the paralyzed troublemakers lying prostrate before the shrine. Kneeling to face them, Elisabeth offered a dazzling smile that conveyed no warmth.

"Let me be perfectly clear with each of you," she said, in a voice as sweet as honey even as it dripped with venom, "that if you return and cause any more trouble in my woods, I will ensure it ends myself. And you should know, I am not a Ranger. I'm bound by different rules entirely."

At that, her grin widened into something devilish as Elisabeth pulled away, the effect of her words reflected in the whites of their eyes.

"I think they've learned their lesson, don't you?" she said to Aster coolly on his return, the matter concluded at last once and for all.

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shaymin Shrine [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 1:57:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: