Ryan Arcken DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryan
Ryan Arcken
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 23:32:07 GMT
Ryan Arcken Avatar
[nospaces]

All things considered, the situation they were about to be caught in was technically his fault.[break][break]

It was such a nice day beforehand, though— and as convenient as it would’ve been to hitch a ride by whatever sort of taxi services were available, he did enjoy his occasional hike through the region routes. Obviously speaking, though, he was dressed more appropriately for something more oriented around walking.[break][break]

As much as he actually enjoyed his work wear, he was well aware of how uncomfortable it’d be to spend an entire day sweating in a button up.[break][break]

So, his fit was just a simple pair of joggers (slim fit; it was an important detail) to go along with the (equally slim fitting) short sleeved shirt he donned; an altogether leisurely attire that provided comfort throughout a day walking around Lilycove City. Some minor shopping excursions and stops to eat later, they’d taken one last visit to a local tea shop before making their way back along the same routes they’d taken that morning.[break][break]

He came to a slow, cautious stop upon noting a subtle rumble.[break]
His head whipped around to glare about their surroundings as the skies began to darken.[break][break]

”...Uh…”

close tab

played by

nano

eun, emily
She/Her
twenty-four
april 01
snowpoint city
pansexual
beautician
civilian
guess my childhood is over now i'm taking down my posters - that's my closest thing to closure
awards
24 posts
EUN-HA PARK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eunha
EUN-HA PARK
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 0:47:37 GMT
EUN-HA PARK Avatar
[nospaces]

y'know, today was supposed to be a good day. it was supposed to be a day where she was able to relax, go out to lilycove with a very good friend (the word friend tastes sour in her mouth, like iron she's desperate to spit out that still clings to her throat like the parasite it is) to do a bit of shopping, a bit of hanging out, and maybe a bit of fooling around at an arcade if they came across it. [break][break]

she's dressed in a one-piece, closer to a jumpsuit that's been stylized to her comfort and satisfaction. as opposed to her good friend over here, the light, somewhat thin cloth is loose around her ankles, with the only indicator of it's different nature with the parting tell of the lower portion being pants. it's held up by the elastic that's slim around her waist, and the top is a slightly baggy, with a high v-neck in dark, navy blue. it'd look denim if not for the loose material. [break][break]

it was supposed to be comfortable, and it was comfortable, until she too felt the rumbling beneath her feet, and her first reaction is to gently cling to the closest thing by her - that being ryan's arm - to try and stabilize herself. her eyes squint to the darkening sky above, as abnormal as it is. when the rumbling comes to a stop, she reaches into her bag to pull out a small whiteboard and a marker. [break][break]

'it looks like it's about to rain', it reads.

close tab

played by

Liekos

Ry, Yongjun
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
January 5
Wyndon, Galar
Demisexual
High School Teacher
Civilian
deep inside, we're nothing more than scions and sinners
awards
42 posts
Ryan Arcken DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryan
Ryan Arcken
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 2:07:21 GMT
Ryan Arcken Avatar
[nospaces]

”Yeah, no fuckin’ shit it’s starting to rain—”[break][break]

Sarcasm at its finest, though short lived over the course of only a few moments. As the skies began to boom with thunder and darken out of what was quite literally nowhere, the man instinctively took a step back and closer to the person accompanying him. He lifted his arm slightly as if guarding her, furrowing his brows and beginning to go, ”I remember hearing about this a few days ag—”[break][break]

He stopped abruptly as a shock flickered in front of them, and as what appeared to be a Pokemon emerged from it with a cry, he immediately drew his other hand towards one of the capsules on his person.[break][break]

”Nnnooope. Nooooope, nope, we’re fuckin’ leaving—”

close tab

played by

nano

eun, emily
She/Her
twenty-four
april 01
snowpoint city
pansexual
beautician
civilian
guess my childhood is over now i'm taking down my posters - that's my closest thing to closure
awards
24 posts
EUN-HA PARK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eunha
EUN-HA PARK
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 20:08:40 GMT
EUN-HA PARK Avatar
[nospaces]

oh, this isn't good. this isn't good at all. [break][break]

with how aggressively the ground and skies were shaking, there's a fair chance that she won't be able to write to communicate. not the best.. outcome, but there's not much you can do in.. this situation. man, she should have brought an umbrella if she knew that it was going to be this bad of a storm. or.. was it a storm? [break][break]

after another shake, he turns her head to the sky to see.. not a rain cloud in the sky. if anything, things suddenly got darker, turning into a concerning purple hue when she could have sworn that it was bright, and sickeningly sunny. it's almost like those.. incidents that have been turning up on the n--[break][break]

she instinctively takes a step back, feeling the earth rumbled beneath her. eun quickly stuffs her whiteboard back into her bag, then immediately reaching for her best to grab a pokemon from her belt to throw out at the pokemon that would find itself in front of them. her eyes are shut for the beginning of it, until the form of a large, burly looking.. bear? down on all fours, angry. [break][break]

she's already taking another step back, away from the bear, and tugging at a man's sleeve. there was no time to be writing. [break][break]

"caaaareful, careful.. caaarefully backing away..."

close tab

played by

Liekos

Ry, Yongjun
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
January 5
Wyndon, Galar
Demisexual
High School Teacher
Civilian
awards
42 posts
Ryan Arcken DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryan
Ryan Arcken
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 20:24:25 GMT
Ryan Arcken Avatar
[nospaces]

Needless to say, it was already stressing enough being caught in the very thing that he’d heard rumors about— and pretty much alone, by the look of it, with none other than his companion caught within the midst of it all. The initial shock had sent him into an instinctively cautious overdrive.[break][break]

Seeing what exactly emerged from it made his jaw drop.[break][break]

”No, dude, fuck this— BACU!” His fingers touched one of the capsules on his person before sending it out, and rather than the cautious approach the person neighboring him seemed to want to take, he began to quickly nudge her back as a little (almost concerningly little, compared to the beast in front of them) plopped onto the ground in moments.[break][break]

Protect, Bacu!” he called out, immediately pressing the buttons on two other Pokeballs to release a familiar duo in the form of a Riolu and a Houndour. ”Kerberos, Flamethrower! Alke, Copycat on Bacu—”[break][break]

He gave a slight, worried cringe at the sound of impact, watching the bear before them immediately lunge forward. In what he was grateful to be the nick of time, the first Protect seemed to stop it in its tracks, he quickly pressed the buttons on each of the three Pokeballs to recall each Pokemon as soon as the vaguely familiar creature was sent stumbling back by a following Flamethrower, and once again stopped in its tracks by another, intercepted Protect.[break][break]

He turned around, all the while, taking the other trainer’s hand and pulling her along hastily.[break][break]

”We’re GOING...! We’re LEAVING...! Fuck this shit…!”

close tab

played by

nano

eun, emily
She/Her
twenty-four
april 01
snowpoint city
pansexual
beautician
civilian
awards
24 posts
EUN-HA PARK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eunha
EUN-HA PARK
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 20:42:54 GMT
EUN-HA PARK Avatar
[nospaces]

i guess they're booking it.[break][break]

ryan was already on top of things, trying to push the bear pokemon back to the best of his abilities, though it didn't look to be all fazed as it recovered from the initial, searing fire. she's grateful that he's here at least, lest she be caught in this mess alone. could make do without the giant bear, though. [break][break]

she's about to send out her pokemon, but her hand is immediately pulled towards him. with the instruction to run, she pulls herself together to start running with light steps, away from the beast as it's momentarily dazed. it doesn't stop it, however, and the ursaluna snuffs whilst kicking the dirt, preparing to run at the two of them. [break][break]

she's doing what she can to keep up, but the sound of stomping behind them get louder, and her reaction is to send out a snorunt just a few ways ahead of them. through a bit of panting, she yells (to the best of her ability, anyways) "seuno, powder snow!" at the pokemon. when they pass, the little ice pokemon sends out a stream of snow, which hampers and slows the large pokemon's pursuit. at least, enough so that they could keep running. [break][break]

"what IS that thing?!" she asks, while clicking the pokeball to recall the ice pokemon.

close tab

played by

Liekos

Ry, Yongjun
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
January 5
Wyndon, Galar
Demisexual
High School Teacher
Civilian
awards
42 posts
Ryan Arcken DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryan
Ryan Arcken
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 21:03:32 GMT
Ryan Arcken Avatar
[nospaces]

”The fuck makes you think I know…?!” he yelled, only glancing back for just a moment to eye the ice type as it followed through with its command. ”It’s a fuckin’ Ursaring on steroids? The fuck do you want me to say…?!”[break][break]

He furrowed his brows, quickly surveying the incoming scenery for anywhere they might have been able to hook into. All the while, he moved his remaining hand back down to the capsules once more, pressing them against the button of one of the earlier Pokeballs to reveal the same Riolu he’d recalled for her own safety, alongside a following Umbreon and Rookidee.[break][break]

After a moment’s worth of debate (any more would’ve likely been more of a bane than a boon, anyways), he brought himself to a stop, turning around to further survey the situation they’d left behind, giving a quick command of, ”Orev, Scary Face!” as well as, ”Anino, Confuse Ray! Alke, Copycat Orev!”[break][break]

He watched as the bear rushed once more, though seemed to give another roar in disdain after becoming subject to the Confuse Ray. Much to his relief, however slight, he watched carefully as the double use of Scary Face seemed to further hinder it before eying Eun.[break][break]

”You see anywhere to hunker down into? Larger brush, foliage— anything?”

close tab

played by

nano

eun, emily
She/Her
twenty-four
april 01
snowpoint city
pansexual
beautician
civilian
awards
24 posts
EUN-HA PARK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eunha
EUN-HA PARK
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 3:42:04 GMT
EUN-HA PARK Avatar
[nospaces]

"i dunno, you're the teach--..!" she's cut off by another roar from the bear pokemon, its voice so guttural that she swears it's shaking the core of the earth itself. were it not for holding onto a man in return, she'd have stumbled and fallen flat on her face. [break][break]

he does stop, however, and she follows suit seeing him pull a pokeball from his belt. out comes the same snorunt, though this time she's calling out to it with a slight bit more urgency. "blizzard, seuno! for as long as you can! try to freeze it!" with the pokemon slower and confused.. it should be easy enough to hit it, right? it should be easy enough to freeze it. [break][break]

the little ice pokemon starts with shooting a stream of ice from its mouth, blowing aggressive winds with chilled frost at the bear. ice begins to form around its feet and within its fur, and it should be able to buy them some more time. panicked still, however, the trainer whips her head around in an attempt to find something - anything - they could hide in or behind. not too far away, there's a large bunch of trees, and she immediately tugs a man's hand. [break][break]

"down there! we'll hide out in the trees there until this ends!" or until they're safe enough and in the clear to find the exit.

close tab

played by

Liekos

Ry, Yongjun
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
January 5
Wyndon, Galar
Demisexual
High School Teacher
Civilian
awards
42 posts
Ryan Arcken DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryan
Ryan Arcken
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 3:53:06 GMT
Ryan Arcken Avatar
[nospaces]

”Uh, excuse the fuck outta me…?! What does being a teacher have to do with scoping a place out...?!”[break][break]

Was he confused? In awe? Absolutely flabbergasted with every single fiber of his being? Yes, yes, and also yes. If the situation hadn’t been so dire, he likely would’ve stayed on the topic a bit more (once they were safe, he absolutely would come back to it to try figuring out her line of thought), but given the limited time at their disposal, he merely settled for picking out a place as quickly as possible.[break][break]

Much to relief, it was apparently something he was beaten to the punch for, and with a final, skeptical glance towards the gradually freezing bear afar, he clicked his tongue before nodding. Turning towards his companion, he nudged for her to go on first, going, ”Go, then, go...! Lead the way! Go!”[break][break]

…Never minding how bears were actually good climbers, but that was something he hadn’t really wanted to dwell on with how, yet again, their options had been limited.

close tab

played by

nano

eun, emily
She/Her
twenty-four
april 01
snowpoint city
pansexual
beautician
civilian
awards
24 posts
EUN-HA PARK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eunha
EUN-HA PARK
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 8:09:49 GMT
EUN-HA PARK Avatar
[nospaces]

details, needless details. [break][break]

those same details shouldn't be dwelled on considering there's a fucking ursaring-looking BEAR coming at them! so she mmoves, quickly - or as quickly as her legs will take her. and so, she leads the way first (or, tries to) while the pokemon is pre-occupied with the ice. it's a good few ways down, but at the very least-- [break][break]

"seuno, make an ice slide, now!" she gets a running start as her snorunt begins to let out a stream of frost, coating thedirt in ice just enough for her to start sliding down, accelerating until she can reach the bottom (with some distance further on with the ice, so she could just jump off). "ride on the ice!" she calls out, recalling the snorunt shortly after. then she immediately ducks into the bushes, hoping to hide from the bear as it struggles with its confines.

close tab

played by

Liekos

Ry, Yongjun
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
January 5
Wyndon, Galar
Demisexual
High School Teacher
Civilian
awards
42 posts
Ryan Arcken DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryan
Ryan Arcken
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 4:22:32 GMT
Ryan Arcken Avatar
[nospaces]

Needless to say, he hadn’t needed to be told twice.[break][break]

All things considered, to bolt onto a streak of ice and ride it as if it were the wave to a surfer would’ve normally been a suggestion he wouldn’t have taken lightly by sheer virtue of how risky it would’ve turned out to be if done improperly. It only took one slip, after all, for balance to be lost, and for a bone to be broken on impact.[break][break]

In the situation they’d found themselves in, though, there wasn’t much of another choice to be had.[break][break]

So, without missing so much as a beat, he jumped onto the base of the ice closest to him, hunkering down and leaning his body forward as much as he could in order to salvage and maintain his own balance. Though stumbling a bit due to the sheer momentum at first, he quickly situated his feet upon solid ground as the icy path ended, quickly pressing himself down and beneath the shade of the shrubbery the other settled herself into.[break][break]

He held his breath.[break]
He waited.[break][break]

..After what he could’ve only assumed to be another clap of thunder, he found that it was a bit too silent.[break][break]

Skeptical, he simply lingered as he was for several moments more before lifting himself just enough to glance over the leaves hiding them. Empty skies, by the look of it. No surging winds, no flashing streaks of lightning.[break][break]

No large, roaring bear.[break][break]

”...You’re shitting me…” he murmured, narrowing his eyes.

close tab

played by

nano

eun, emily
She/Her
twenty-four
april 01
snowpoint city
pansexual
beautician
civilian
awards
24 posts
EUN-HA PARK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eunha
EUN-HA PARK
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 17:26:28 GMT
EUN-HA PARK Avatar
[nospaces]

he arrives safely, that's good. [break][break]

but as he arrives, things get silent. there's no crackling of lightning, no rumbling ground, no roars or anything in the distance. when she hears his voice, she perks up rom the shrubs and gently brushes debris from the top of her head. her eyes turn up towards the sky, and no darkness hangs over them. [break][break]

she's about to say something, but her voice doesn't come out anymore. her eyes narrow, as she calms her slightly shaking arms and hands. at least she can pull out the whiteboard. [break][break]

lets go before something happens again[break][break]

she holds the board up in one hand, using the other arm to tug at his. she's still shaking, a little, from the experience. it's best to leave before anything else happens. [break][break]

she won't forget it.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
dissolvere [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 0:13:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: