[attr="class","NAME"]

[attr="class","llppromised"]
[attr="class","llppromised1"]

[attr="class","llppromised2"]

[attr="class","llppromisedicon"]

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle"]break us down

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle2"]we build right back up

[attr="class","llppromisedblurb"]

Meeting new clients was always a thrill. Meeting them in a new restaurant with excellent seafood? All the better.[break][break]

Rita leaned back in her chair, examining the lunch menu in front of her as she waited for to arrive. This place offered a fantastic view of Slateport Beach, and the weather was nice enough that Rita could snag a table outside on the rooftop.[break][break]

Seated by her on the floor was a leather portfolio of documents, the binder elegantly styled like a handbag for ease of carrying. She'd whip that out when things got a little more technical. Discussions about potential flooding issues, size capacity, yadda yadda yadda, all that good stuff.[break][break]

Was never all that fun to open with talking shop, though. Clients were always more interesting than their requests, and frankly, Roach's request was already interesting to start. A new nightclub in Slateport? Rita grinned at the idea, glancing at the vista of sands, sea, and sleek, modern architecture that unfolded before her. Sign me up.[break][break]

"Margarita on the rocks," she ordered with a wink as the waiter drew near, only for her to see the silhouette arriving behind him. "Ah, you must be Mr. Virgil Roach!" Rita said, all smiles and she stood up to extend a hand in greeting. "Name's Rita. Rita Garnet. Can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this project of yours." No bullshit. Just sincere enthusiasm.

[attr="class","llppromisedtag"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Poppins:300,400,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700,800]

[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedblurb]text-transform:none;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtag span]flex-grow:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.NAME .llppromised]--promisedAccent:#e6177a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
DON'T FEAR NOTHING, SNAKE IS BLUFFING
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Business Lunch [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 20:53:20 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
it wasn’t often that he got out to the main beach until recently. most of his time, as far as others knew, was spent indoors, making his perpetual sunburn a bit of a mystery. most people didn’t know about the secret traders cove.

he walked down the sidewalk, gaze cast at the various architecture curving around the coastline. it was a dream location for the kind of business venture he was embarking on. the luxurious modernity that club apogee would embody was a very different from the classic, relaxed sophistication of ritual in lower slateport.

he walked in. his smile at the host was bright in contrast to the shadow over his gaze beneath his hat. when he approached the table, he held out a hand to give a firm shake.

”yes ma’am. good to meetcha, miss garnet. you can call me roach.”

her enthusiasm was matched with a grin, dimpled on one side between his slightly overgrown scruff.

”glad yer lookin’ forward to it. yer portfolio’s impressive as hell—’n great choice for lunch. haven’t had krabby legs in a while.”
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Riri, Garnet, Ma'am
She/Her/Ma'am
October 5
Black City, UNOVA
Easy Breezy
CEO of Vanguard/Architect
Civilian
Pressure makes diamonds, honey.
awards
15 posts
Rita Garnet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rita
Rita Garnet
Business Lunch [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 10:15:48 GMT
Rita Garnet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","NAME"]

A firm handshake with good, solid eye contact. Rita liked that.[break][break]

"Well we're off to a great start, then, Roach. Cuz my goal is for you to leave this little meeting feeling satisfied." A smile preceded her next words, the man's familiar drawl drawing forth a knowing, delighted glint in her eyes. "That wouldn't be an Unovan accent I hear, would it? Knew I had a good feeling about you."[break][break]

Garlic knot rolls came out, and Rita casually dug in, indicating that should feel free to do the same. He didn't seem the sort to stand on ceremony, but hey, you never knew.[break][break]

"Researching me, huh? " Rita teased, resting her chin on her hand. "Well I'm flattered to hear it, Roach." Though of course he had -- he was a client, and he wanted his business prospects in good hands. And she'd likewise done her due diligence as well. "Speaking of, I did a little digging on you too. Ritual looks like it does pretty damn well for itself." She raised her newly-arrived margarita in toast. "Here's to your growing entrepreneurship. Cigar lounge, now a night club... what next for the Roach umbrella of Slateport businesses?"[break][break]

Though Rita was only half-kidding. The better Roach's ventures went, the more she could expect in the future, after all. And his sounded fun, which was a welcome change of pace from cookie-cutter office building #534.[break][break]

"In all seriousness, you've got great real estate here. I think people will swarm to your new club like flies to honey. Think blue sky here -- what are your goals for the place?"[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Business Lunch [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 2:33:02 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
roach took a seat, ordered a whiskey, settled in. he chuckled again at her enthusiasm. ”happy t’ hear it.” his accent? ”yes ma'am, nimbasa-born.”

garlic knots arrived in front of them, perfectly aromatic against the other smells of the restaurant and the sea breeze. he reached in and grabbed one, taking a bite and humming approval, ”mm.”

his attention was still on her as he chewed, not yet falling to the menu. of course, he’d done his research. who wouldn’t have? this was no small project, no small wad of cash. his teeth flashed again, but he didn’t interrupt. she had the energy of someone who surely did well in a business like this. lively, personable, commanding her space. all he had to do was sit back, eat, and let her go. he was already sold on her company. if she made it through the lunch without somehow talking him in the other direction, she was golden.

what were his goals?

he picked up a napkin, dabbed his mouth before placing it back in his lap and clearing his throat lightly.

”different.” he paused for emphasis, shifting straighter in his chair again. ”i want to draw a new crowd. ritual’s got it’s charm, but it ain’t very lively. i want energy. sex appeal.”

he looked over, down the coastline, towards the space reserved for his new dream. ”you ever seen a picture of a nebula b’fore? that’s what i want it to look like when ye walk in the door. lights hangin’ down real low maybe, some kinda... visual eff-ex...” his hand came down through the air as if it might help his explanation. suddenly figuring he was starting out a bit abstract, he reigned it in and turned towards her again.

”three levels. bar, dancefloor, lounge. vip rooms. balconies. the works–'n i want one of them infinity pools on the rooftop.”

he looked up and thanked a server for his drink, taking a sip as he looked back to rita.

”ud'r'nat, you tell me what i want.”
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Riri, Garnet, Ma'am
She/Her/Ma'am
October 5
Black City, UNOVA
Easy Breezy
Civilian
awards
15 posts
Rita Garnet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rita
Rita Garnet
Business Lunch [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 22:27:46 GMT
Rita Garnet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","NAME"]

"Infinity pool on the rooftop, huh? A man after my own heart." Rita grinned, leaning back in her seat with a low whistle. "That's a real vision you've got there, Roach. Clients like you make my job easy." Then her hand reached down to the briefcase at her feet, drawing out a manila folder.[break][break]

Splaying out the photos and papers secured within its contents, Rita arranged them just above Roach's bread plate, tapping them one by one. They were examples of night clubs that Rita had worked on in Unova -- all different, but samples of her expertise that he could draw upon to show her what he had in mind in terms of layout.[break][break]

"So these styles should work with the three levels you're indicating," Rita said, the red polish of her fingernails gleaming as she drew a fingertip across the blueprints. "Have you considered having a below ground-level area? Or are you more into the tall skyscraper style that's popular around Slateport."[break][break]

Rita gave Roach a moment to peruse the images as she drank her margarita, waiting to see if anything piqued his interest.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Business Lunch [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 3:07:18 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
“well good, thank ya. you just tell me if i ever sound crazy; ‘ll save me some money ‘n heartache.”

as she reached for the folder, he reached for another garlic knot, pealing it in half and feeding himself a bite. styles were soon splayed before his plate, and he was focused, intrigued, leaning closer over them to inspect.

he nodded, ”yeah, these are nice.”

but her suggestion? below ground-level, like ritual? he figured it'd only make it more tempting to link the businesses. he could already hear rocket's encouragement over his shoulder. it was the last thing he wanted to happen.

”let’s go with the skyscraper style.”
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Riri, Garnet, Ma'am
She/Her/Ma'am
October 5
Black City, UNOVA
Easy Breezy
Civilian
awards
15 posts
Rita Garnet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rita
Rita Garnet
Business Lunch [Social]
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 20:24:16 GMT
Rita Garnet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","NAME"]

"Done. Skyscraper it is." Hey, the customer was always right. And it wasn't as if Rita had a personal preference either way. [break][break]

The brunette drank at her margarita, just in time for the waiter to arrive and ask what they wanted for lunch. "The smoked salmon looks fantastic," Rita said with a thousand-watt smile. Turning to Roach, she said with a wink, "Order what you want, it's on me today. Client privilege."[break][break]

Otherwise known as the cost of doing business. The better their rapport, the smoother this whole shebang would go. Communication was key, and all that jazz.[break][break]

"I think I'm beginning to get a good mental picture of the vibe you're looking for, here," she continued, her mind already racing through the unique possibilities she'd have to consider in building -- drunk people falling from the skyscraper or plummeting into the infinity pool, for example.[break][break]

Leaning back in her chair to admire the nearby view, Rita paused for a moment to think before saying, "So beyond all the business side of this... what are you looking forward to the most with this venture? What gets you excited about it?"[break][break]

She was curious.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Business Lunch [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 3:52:40 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
as she sipped her margarita, he sipped his whiskey, eyes moving towards their approaching server. setting it back down, he looked back towards rita, smiling at her offer. it was a business gesture, so he wouldn’t refuse.

”ain’t that nice. i’ve never been one to turn down a free meal. much appreciated, miss garnet.” he looked up at the server, flashing a grin similar to rita’s. ”i’ll take the krabby legs, please n’ thank ya.”

as the server left, he leaned back as well, hand resting on his glass.

there would surely be deaths. keeping people from diving into the infinity pool would not prevent the chaos that would ensue given the business’s investors, and the crowd that would inevitably slither in to take over. he already saw it coming.

but it was still exciting. for now, he felt some semblance of control. his vision was coming to fruition.

”well…” he considered, ”it’ll be mine, y’know? ritual’s great ‘n all, but it was never my dream er nothin’. same ole bar, same ole name, sittin’ on that dang ole potholed street they don’t care to fix.”

his eyes drifted out to the ocean. soon enough, he’d be seeing a lot more of it. it was appealing.

”i have ideas, y’know? a vision. i just wanna see it happen.”

he turned back again, tipping up his glass in her direction appreciatively.

”with your help, i’m sure i will.”
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Riri, Garnet, Ma'am
She/Her/Ma'am
October 5
Black City, UNOVA
Easy Breezy
Civilian
awards
15 posts
Rita Garnet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rita
Rita Garnet
Business Lunch [Social]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 6:54:50 GMT
Rita Garnet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","NAME"]

"I'm sure you will, Roach. I'm sure you will." She grinned, before savoring another taste of the margarita in her hands. God, it tasted good.[break][break]

The taste of a good -- fuck it, fun -- business deal, paired with that of a good drink. She savored the rareness of it.[break][break]

When the food arrived, Rita dug into the smoked salmon, never one to stand on ceremony. She'd always had an appetite, in her work-life and her day-to-day alike. If a client was gonna be offended that she liked to stuff her face, they could deal.[break][break]

Roach didn't seem the type, though.[break][break]

"The rest of this lunch we can just shoot the shit, if you want. Talk about anything and everything. The food's great, and the music's not too bad. My time is yours until your plate is clean."[break][break]

Hell, she liked him. And she couldn't say that about all, or even most, of her clients.[break][break]

Most business owners and CEOs were pricks, y'know?

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Business Lunch [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 4:14:07 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
of course, she would say this, but he smiled back at her support anyways. ”well, thank ya, rita, i appreciate that.”

just as soon as she was digging in, he was cracking krabby legs, and dipping meat in butter. this was his shit. it was easy enough to get them anywhere in slateport, but there was nothing quite like having them right there on the beach. he could practically see one staring at him from a sand dune.

he wiped his mouth with the napkin in his lap.

”always one fer good company.” with a toothy smile, he raised his drink to his lips again.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Business Lunch [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 0:49:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: