1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 7:54:52 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

It had been less than a month into his side-gig as a ranger that already, he had a feeling this job was going to be more taxing than it would be rewarding. An absolute unit of a Snorlax slept in front of the entrance of the Lilycove City, blocking the connecting route between the popular vacation spot and Route 124.

He had arrived about fifteen minutes early, and so he texted in his partner for the day: "Hey Paxton," it began, "I've just arrived at Route 124 where the Snorlax is. The thing is huge, I'm talking Alpha Sized, twenty feet probably in diameter. You'll see it from above if you arrive on a flying Pokemon. But let me know when you're nearby, thanks."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 0:59:47 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Paxton's cell phone pinged to alert him, and he skimmed it quickly before replying 'Omw. guess i know why traffic's especially shit today.' Land wasn't an option today. That was much was obvious by the traffic reports and gridlock that was affecting the outer limits of the city. For good reason too. The thing is massive, and he doubted science could explain why right now. His Corviknight crooned at him, as if agreeing with the sentiment of 'that's one big mother fucker dude.' [break][break]

They spot their target easily enough, on the other side of the Snorlax. He landed with a soft thud before turning to his partner. "Stay on standby for now." he said. The dual type dipped his head, chirping something quick before flapping his wings and moving to find some pidget to chase. He turned back to his partner, a ranger fellow he'd been tasked out to. Staffing shortages and all that. "So...where I'm from, we usually just leave it th' fuck alone. Or- and hear me out, we play this special flute that wakes it up." he said his calm expression not betraying whether he was joking or not. "Usually it's pre'y pissed after you play the flute, and that thing looks lie ka miniature natural disaster."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 8:08:42 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

Callan turned to his newfound partner and waved a hand, greeting with a polite smile. "Paxton, right?" Callan turned towards the massive mound of a Pokemon. At ground level, the bulk of its stomach almost blotted out the sun, as it breathed in an out, its snores reverberated and rustled the nearby tree. Callan had been speaking to a few others prior to Paxton's arrival, and by the time his Corviknight landed, a perimeter of tape had been established around the massive Pokemon. Thankfully, there were few civilians nearby as most had U-turned and taken the roundabout.

Callan checked his phone files on any incidents regarding a Snorlax near 124.

"So this Snorlax has a name, 'Gump'." He began, "He's been causing trouble every two or three years, usually he's in the mountains until he tries to find a mate, then he goes away somewhere deep in the woods and sleeps." Callan listened to Paxton's reply, "Yeah I've heard of those, apparently it's the same sound that's made with the Pokegears in Johto." He paused, "Do you happen to have one?" If he did it'd be a relatively straightforward thing. "I say we tie a bunch of Nanab Berries to your Corviknight's foot when we wake it up, drag it somewhere safe, then put it back to sleep again. What do you think?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 23:51:45 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Th officer nodded, "Paxton Concordas. Lilycove City PD. You are...?" he said spreading out his full title for clarity. He wasn't a ranger, he just liked being outside sometimes. "Gump's a cute name..." he chimed in before silencing himself as Callan continued. Well, at least they sort of knew the pokemon's nature of it cycled through here every 2-3 years. "I...got one? They made me pick this up before I left but I dunno if it works." he said with a shrug as he pulled it out of his bag and handed it over to Callan. [break][break]

It looked cheap, and he half figured it was just a joke they liked to pull on newer recruits. "Hmm...what d'ya think Beaufort? Up for being live bait?" He asked the Corviknight who had perched nearby. The dual type stared at the pair and let out an indignant squawk, ruffling his wings in protest before eventually...hopping over to stand next to his trainer dejected. "I think you got yourself a plan. Beaufort's a champion flyer." he said the last part more encouragement for his pokemon than Callan.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 2:45:45 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

(OOC: I made the mistake of editing the post over the original.)

Callan agreed to the idea of the Pokeflute, after all he had no reral other method of waking the tub of lard up. "Here goes." Callan spoke, and blew into the Pokeflute. It was heavy, likely from lack of use, he could proabbly tune it up with a small paring knife. But that was here nor therre, as the gargantuan beast woke up, hungry for NANAB berries.

Now they running. Lawd they running.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 0:48:39 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Paxton gave the ranger a thumbs up. "On it." he said simply as he set to acquire bait. Which, in hoenn, finding a ton of berries just naturally was pretty easy. It didn't take very long for Paxton to hop on top of his Corviknight wit ha bundle of berries dangling from the dual type. He squawked nervously, upset and indignant that he was the bait. [break][break]

They took off, gliding slowly as Callan blew the flute. It only took a minute or so, but in an instant the massive Snorlax was bolting after them, chasing the delicious fruit. "Fuck yer Fast, Gumpy!" he shouted as the cranky Snorlax roared for his berries.[break][break]

"You gonna be ok down there, Callan?!"
he shouted as he listened to gump stomp through, leaving a trail of flattering shrubs and treets in his wake.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 13:05:03 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

Of all the ideas Callan ever had, this was probably the one where he was going to die. Callan sprinted as fast as he could, ignoring the burning building in his legs and arms as Gump charged forth like a madman on a quest after the berries... or more specifically, it would catch up almost to the point of being able to catch the berries, before leaping into the air and attempting to vore the entire bunch whole, with Callan alongside it. It would miss, bare inches from Callan's heels as he somehow managed to find the strength to run even faster.

By an act of Arceus he would get out of this alive somehow. Though thankfully, this was about to change, as the Corviknight ascended into the sky, the Snorlax's face grew ever distant from his legs. Callan hung tight against the rope, his arms gripping the rip that held him to the Corviknight's claw as it flew.

"I think we're--"

Chomp. CRASH.

Chomp. CRASH.

Callan's eyes looked downwards."Not good Paxton!"

The Nanab berries were still there, but the Snorlax was reaching ever closer, even still as the Corviknight ascended. The Snorlax was literally jumping into the air, a massive twenty foot ball of suet with enough energy to jump 100 feet into the air to barely miss the bunch of Nanabs tied against the Corviknight's legs, and it was gaining height.

With every jump, Gump landed back on earth to cause a miniature earthquake in its wake, as it mindlessly chased down Paxton's Corviknight, increasing its jump height even as the bird flew higher.

Callan's eyes snapped towards the vicinity, on the right side of the map was a cliff face, which would hopefully give them the time to pivot and move away. "We gotta fly over the cliff Pax! Callan pointed northeast of the direction they were going, where a river turned into a waterfall. With any luck, the SNorlax would jump and land into the water, but right now his concern was not being eaten alive.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 1:58:53 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Keep it together!" Paxton warned over the sounds of a Snorlax hangrily stomping after them. Beaufort is flapping as fast as he can to avoid becoming another one of Gump's mini meals. He HATED this idea, and was reminded of it every time Gump caught mad jumps chasing after their bushel of nanab berries. "The cliff?!" the officer echoed, blue eyes looking over at what his partner meant. [break][break]

He guessed that was far enough from society for Gump. Beaufort meanwhile is doing evasive maneuvers, waiting for the Snorlax to jump again before swerving into a different direction, avoiding its gaping mouth and outstretched paws. "You heard the guy!" he said, patting his Corviknight twice before the bird pokemon flapped their wings, dashing for hte cfliff side. [break][break]

Gump is relentless however. Despite moaning in confusion as the Corviknight juked him, and stumbling a bit forward, Gump righted himself quickly enough before taking off after them. He began to close in once more as the trio approached. "Get ready to drop the Nanabs!" Paxton yelled as Beaufort squawked worriedly, hearing Gump speeding up, probably form hanger. The Corviknight soared placing himself over the river and racing towards the cliff. Ever more desperate as land more or less ended, Gump put one last good sprint into it before yeeting himself into the air. "Cut them off!"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 11:05:44 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Got it!" Callan responded as Paxton's Corviknight began to fly over the cliff. Pulling himself upside down and wrapping his legs tight around the rope, Callan pulled out his ranger's knife and began to saw against the nylon rope carrying the Nanabs. The strings were tough, partially due to the bluntness of the knife edge, but with some degree of desperation and a whole lot of scraping, the rope eventually yielded as he stared into the jaws of the fat bastard.

"Cut them off!"

With a final flick of his wrist, the nanab berries dropped sinking down into the cliff face and dropping into the rushing waters below. Gump leaped into the air, finally managing the catch the berries in its mouth, and swallowed it whole. Callan saluted as he watched Gump drop down, seemingly unfazed by the fact that it was plummeting into water. "Later Gump!" He winked.

It was only after the immediate danger had past did Callan feel the immediate wind of his entire body collapsing from adrenaline, "Arceus. Whew..." That was a rush. "Mind dropping us back in Fortree Pax?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 22:11:25 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Gump seemed to be pleased with his small prize, not making a fuss about losing out on the Corviknight and its passengers. Paxton's heart beat is still thumping in his ears as they watched the Snorlax drop off the cliff. The fall probably not affecting it much at all. But at least, this space was free for it to roam and it was away from Lilycove. [break][break]

"Sure, we can do that! Climb up here so you don't slip off." he said as Beaufort dropped some elevation and hit a glide, allowing smoother travel for Callan to maneuver into place if he chose to. "You remember Fortree, right Beaufort?" he asked, running a hand carefully on the neck of his bird who was also still pretty flustered after their maybe kinda sorta brush with death. The dual type squawked miserably before carefully angling himself towards the preferred destination. "Looks like clear skies. Should get there without issue."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the big gump [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 1:21:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGER)