1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 15:57:21 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Two hours later, the meeting was called to a close. If he had learned anything in between his time watching over the rangers and the league elites, it was that they were often pulled into meetings for little to no reason, other than to get things going. That was the nature of leadership, he supposed, and Matias was high up on the chain. The doors to the elevator slid open for them, as Callan entered and jammed the ground floor.

It was the end of the office day, around five thirty, and Callan was hoping to get off early.

"Wanna grab a beer? There's a place nearby that we can still catch the end of happy hour in, it's pretty cheap too." He commented, though might have to miss it, he'd still text him to join in if he wasn't busy.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 2:00:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

useless meetings that have no purpose are usually avoidable. but ever since his appointment into hoenn's elite four, he's found it increasingly difficult to avoid.[break][break]

it's why his sigh is heavy when they finally step out of the meeting room.[break][break]

much to his dismay, their day is still not over.[break][break]

"we still got a batch of eggs to deliver to lilycove."[break][break]

it'll be quite a flight.[break][break]

"i know a bar once we're done, though. happy hour all night long."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-treecko color-shiny"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 8:09:05 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan knocked his head against the glass. "That's a good message to send to the rest of the League." As long as even the higher ups are willing to get their hands dirty once in a while, the rest of the League couldn't complain about it.

As the lift stopped on the Ground floor however, Callan could see why they needed a higher supervisory role to look over the transfer. An incubation machine with six eggs, blue and black spots dotting an otherwise grey polished surface, indicated that they were some fairly rare Pokemon. A female cadet shuffled over and saluted Matias, "Sir, the Cranidos eggs are ready for transport."

"Hey Whitney." Callan greeted, as he stepped over to the eggs, then outside, "I take it that there's a Corviknight Taxi to Lilycove?" The female cadet nodded, "No teleportation unfortunately, otherwise we risk damaging the eggs in the process." Callan nodded. Then lifted one side of the incubation machine, "Help me out cadet." He asked, as they hoisted the machine over to the taxi and he slipped inside.

"How often do transportations get attacked en route?" Callan asked. Hoenn's city was no less dangerous, with Rocket activity springing everywhere.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 8:21:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

as good a message as it may be, matias can't help but wonder if tasks like these are truly the best use of his already limited time. regardless, he doesn't argue nor does he share his thoughts.[break][break]

the elevator dings, and soon matias is helping them secure the cargo over the taxi.[break][break]

"not so common by air. quite common by sea."[break][break]

as his good friend should be familiar with, pirates and rocket are constantly fighting over control of the ocean. he wonders how she's doing; it's been a while since they last met.[break][break]

matias calls out his noivern before slipping into the taxi as well.[break][break]

"thanks, cadet!"[break][break]

and off they go!

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-noivern"]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 8:55:39 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The Cadet saluted once more to Matias as the taxi flew off into the air. "Estimated time, 10 minutes." Read the screen above their heads, the Corviknight taxi was otherwise empty aside from the two of them and the incubation egg. He could go 10 minutes without a smoke, his eyes drew to the sea below, as Sootopolis came into view.

"You know, it's weird." Callan began, breaking the silence. "Seeing you, Lars, Melody, all up close and not on the television." Callan looked down towards the city, "When I was working a bar and listening to the news and looking at your faces, it's like you guys didn't exist but now that I'm working with you guys. It feels totally different. I feel like a lucky egg." Callan paused, then turned towards him, "So how do you guys manage it? A giant meteor might kill us at any moment, Team Rocket is threatening to tear down the League establishment." He paused, part of him felt bad that he left the duties of the heavy to a younger generation of trainers, too.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 14:59:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

a LUCKY EGG? matias chuckles, shaking his head.[break][break]

"not sure if that's the way i'd describe it."[break][break]

but callan has a point. matias still remembers the early days in kanto when he idolized the elites and the champion. practically wanted to grow up to be as strong as them. he supposes many might feel the same way here.[break][break]

"well, i can't speak for the others but i try to prioritize my problems. focus on one thing at a time."[break][break]

he shrugs.

"my interests and specialty lie with rocket. i'm sure there are others far more capable than me to deal with the meteor."[break][break]

the meteor which matias has actually heard quite little about. by choice, likely.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 17:10:40 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I mean sure, being put into a high mortality job isn't exactly thrilling for most people." Callan's eyes wandered down towards the Lilycove harbor, they would soon land atop the location. "But it's better to have a shorter life that has some kind of meaning than to die a long, extended death by the bottle." The Corviknight began to descend, it's wings slowly turning its spread forwards, absorbing resistance from the air outside, as it began to descend. Atop the Corviknight and descending down into Lilycove proper, a unit of Pokemon Rangers had suited themselves just outside the landing pad to meet with the two of them.

"I still have no idea how we're dealing with a meteor." He replied, though before he could finish it, the taxi doors opened. Sworn to privacy, he pursed his lips. Outside, two rangers saluted Matias, as Callan exited the taxi, the two moved in to carry off the incubation pod. "We will be taking these to the hatchery then sir, if nothing else." Callan took his phone out and scanned the Ranger's badge, it validated and showed his credentials. "Nope, seems like you're good for now Ranger, thanks."

And away they went.

"How are you finding your job?" Callan asked. "It can't be easy, I imagine, I guess that's how you met Lars?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 15:34:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

they land without much of an issue. like matias said, the skies are usually quite safe. he makes sure to give his noivern a good pat on its head before recalling it back into its pokeball.[break][break]

"thanks, cadets."[break][break]

one of them is named NORMAN, if he recalls correctly.[break][break]

"i met lars shortly after i arrived in hoenn. it's been good so far. tiring, but that's expected."[break][break]

is he talking about hoenn, his job, or his friendship with ?[break][break]

"i hear you're making your way up the ladder quite fast. you've caught the attention of some people, callan."

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 8:18:44 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Sir." Norman replies, saluting once more before taking away the pokemon eggs to be transferred over to the Hatchery. Callan himself gives a nods to the group before walking with Matias to head to Lilycove proper. "Yeah I can imagine." Callan replied, assuming it is realted to the job. "A lot of people say those in power have a lot of responsibilities, but in my opinion, the benefit far outweighs the negatives."

Callan was surprised he had heard much about him at all, and his expression reflected it. "Oh... thank you." He replied, not particularly used to taking compliments. "I think it's Lars, and Melody who gave me a chance. I owe a lot to them." Decent living, ability to afford rent, being able to socialize with people again. "I think there's plenty more deserving but.... thanks, I appreciate it Matias."

Callan checked his watch, "Well... it's now... 6:55, there's a bar that if we teleport to, we shuold be able to grab the last set of drinks for happy hour. Wanna join me?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 10:24:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"don't discredit yourself, callan. i don't think there are plenty more deserving."[break][break]

matias says no more than that to reassure the senior ranger. only time will tell if his suspicions are proven true.[break][break]

"i'll hit you up sometime when i need help. or if you ever want to train."[break][break]

until then, a drink sounds good. matias nods, sighing as he reaches into his backpack for a pokeball.[break][break]

"let's go. you should ask to join us. man owes me a few rounds."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
dino egg delivery [m]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 18:00:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: