1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
the sleight of my hand is now a quick pull trigger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 15:34:58 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan's hand slowly parted the grass thicket that had hidden himself from view. Across the brush, in between a relatively open highway, a dozen Primeapes and Passimian screeched at each other across a civilian built road. The disturbance had caused everyone who had been attempting to get into Fortree City to flee in fear, and contact the local authorities. Who in turn, had sent Callan and Elinor to investigate.

Callan arrived first on scene, and had been observing the screeching for the last ten minutes or so. Hi Elinor. He typed out on his phone, sending his location's coordinates there. I've sent you my location, come meet me, the Pokemon are going to be fighting on the roadside, nearing Fortree City.

| poke punch drunk

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 7:32:54 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

Control is an illusion to ease the pain that is life.

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Sometimes the past truly sneaks up on you. Elinor once again realized this when a message popped into her inbox. She had completely forgotten that she had signed up to become a ranger those two years ago before she had to go attend to some personal matters.
[break][break]
Had this been a month or maybe just a week ago, she might’ve considered just ignoring the message. But right now, since she was already dealing with some things in Fortree city, she figured she would give this Ranger business a go.
[break][break]
Luckily she had bought some outdoorsy clothes with an almost military green pattern upon them. Fitting for what she was about to do, she thought. So that’s what she wore. Long pink hair tied tightly into a bun so that it wouldn’t fly everywhere. She had decked herself out in a camouflage-patterned shirt and pants, and a fanny pack attached to her Pokéball belt tightly secured around her waist. To the uninitiated, she might seem like a real official. But, to the ones in the know, she couldn’t be signaling her amateurishness any louder.
[break][break]
Having received the location of their meeting point by phone, she made her way there. She made sure to sneak by so that either side of the angry Pokémon mob wouldn’t notice her and attack her. Luckily, though her sneaking skills were limited, they passed just barely. And as such, she would let Callan know of her presence as quietly as she could when she was close enough.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 17:07:03 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The rustle of the grass behind him alerted him to the presence of someone else there. With her green cadet attire alongside the distinctively pink hair, he understood who she was even though they were quiet for the moment. He gave a brief smile as a greeting, parting the grass slightly wider so that the two of them could watch.

The Passimian and Primeape continued their angry shouts against one another. While Callan didn't understand Pokemon, as a ranger he understood their habits. He turned towards the girl, feeling his cortisol shoot way up. "Every spring around this time, Pokemon begin their breeding seasons." He began, his voice low. "Unfortunately, territory dispute is pretty common, both the Primeape and the Passimian are bot hfield type creatures, and need ample space on land and among the trees to raise their young. Most likely, both groups marked this area as their territory and came to blows over food."

It wouldn't be long now, he'd give it maybe 5 minutes tops before the sunset began and the battle started. "Unfortunately, there's no way we can prevent nature from having these Pokemon fight. It's as natural to them as breathing, but what we should do is to rout one of the two Pokemon tribes them into forest areas where there are more food sources." Callan slowly took out his phone, opened the map application, and leaned to show Elinor. "I'm suggesting that we put them... around here." Plenty of berries in that area.

"Anyway... that's what I figure. Unless you have any suggestions?" Ruby eyes moved to observe the girl.

| poke punch drunk

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 14:06:52 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

Elinor smiled right back at him and gave him a small polite welcoming nod. They needed no words for a greeting. She then gazed through the small parting of grass. The angry Pokémon seemed to grow ever more shouty with each passing moment. In doing so, they did scare Elinor just a bit. Though that could just as well be attributed to her lack of experience handling these situations.
[break][break]
She listened to his explanation. Nodding along to make sure he knew she was attentively listening. She knew that much about Pokémon, even if she had very little experience in their whole mating procedures. And she understood that this was not something that could be avoided forever. But right now, the stalemate between the two tribes was causing issues for the populace of Fortree.
[break][break]
She looked at the map that Callan showed her. Not noticing at all that he was getting closer. She had to focus. She didn’t know the area all that well, so whatever ideas he had, she would be down for it. For a short second, she decided to look back at the two packs.
[break][break]
“No, that sounds good.” She whispered. “But how do we split them up without pulling the other with us.” She stopped for a moment, thinking. “I presume using bait would just get both to follow unless you know of some bait that is loved by one but hated by the other?” she kept her voice as low as she could while making sure Callan would be able to hear her. For a second she feared that her inexperience might shine through. But, she realized whoever had decided to assign her this task would probably have known of her inexperience to begin with.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 15:26:51 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
That was a good question, thankfully Callan had thought of an answer. "We use loud noises, while keeping from the shadows." Callan replied, turning towards the Primeape's on the other side.

"If they spot us, they won't be terrified, but if we stay silent while occasionally emitting a loud burst of sound, they'll run from fear of what made the sound." Callan replied, before pulling out a Pokeball, sending out his Zoroark. The ashen white demon fox laid low, sinking into the ground as a pool of black shadow. Callan turned towards her, "So we'll make a violent sound, and push the Primeape to the other location." He paused, waiting for Elinor to take out her Pokemon. "Ready whenever you are."

| poke punch drunk

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 22:37:36 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

The plan was sound. She nodded, it was certainly better than using some food-based bait, which would have been hard to direct at any one target. Using sound seemed the better option by far.
[break][break]
“Sounds like a good plan. Do you intend to use sound-based moves or do you think we can do it without?” She whispered the question. Just as she watched him summon his own rather neat-looking Zoroark. She would have to ask about it later.
[break][break]
“Either way, my choice is between a Drifblim and a Kommo-o, though the Kommo-o’s colors aren’t exactly suited for hiding.” She informed Callan and expectantly awaited his thoughts on the matter.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 4:12:37 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Kommo-o was excellent. "Great, the scales on the Pokemon should be able to emit massive sounds to scare off the local population." The bipedal dragon was also about the size of a regular human, if it crouched, different colorations shouldn't matter. Although, he did want to say something about that."If it does fail, which is quite common, there's always enough time to recuperate and think things through."

In any case, Callan would do exactly what he was going to say: herd the Primeape towards the destination required. "I'll go first... the plan in my head is that have our Pokemon use their sound based technique in turns. That way we have a consistent, oppressive sounding force coming towards the Primeape. We'll have to also be stealthy to not be seen, if you feel like you're not comfortable with Kommo-O, go for Drifblim, either way I'll be relying on you to provide me with backup if things go south." With that said, Callan began to encircle around the roadside to find a point where both Passimian and Primeape would split apart in opposite directions. Identifying a point approximately twenty feet from the brush he had just been in, his Zoroark slowly manifested itself, hiding in the brush, as Callan covered his ears.

Vodka released a Snarl, like a vicious animal forewarning anger. The reaction was almost immediate, as Primeape and Passimian alike spread from the vicinity of the road, splitting apart like an outward cone from both sides of the road. Callan then turned towards Elinor to follow him. He walked across the roadside, now bereft of fighting monkeys, and into the thickets across the road, turning to Elinor for her Pokemon's turn. "Okay, now you do it."

| poke punch drunk

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 19:38:11 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

Elinor listened, though she was concerned she realized as Callan spoke, that Kommo-o was her best choice for a sound-based strategy. She would just have to believe in it. She took out her Pokéball containing the Pokémon and released it. It had heard they were saying came out pressed down in an attempt to hide. Though were it not for the cover they had, its bright lime green body and bright pink scales would have signaled its appearance far and wide.
[break][break]
With the Pokémon out and the plan explained, Callan began on his part. He snuck around finding an appropriate spot. She did the same quietly following Callan and she in turn tailed by her Pokémon, who did its best to sneak quietly from place to place.
[break][break]
The two groups were spread apart by the vicious Snarl from the Zoroark. With little need for hiding, she followed Callan like the good little ranger she seemingly was. And then it became her turn. “Kaleo. Go over there and make some noise!” She spoke, pointing towards the place where she wanted it to stand just at the edge of the thickets where the fighting monkeys they were trying to move had run into.
[break][break]
The Kommo-o nodded, then stretched a bit as it walked over there. It took a second to deduce just how loud it had to make this. Elinor decided to put her hands up against her ears because a certain amount of doubt entered her mind. And she might have been right in doing so. The Kommo-o took a ready stance its scales began to cling and clang against each other as purple energy formed around it. And then, only then when it was ready it released the loudest roar it could create, and in the process, it released the purple energy towards the direction they’d chosen.
[break][break]
When all was said and done. It just stood back in disbelief. It hadn’t intended for it to be THAT loud. Elinor sighed as she allowed her hands to fall to her sides. She made a mental note of needing to work on Kommo-o’s self-control. “I hope we didn’t overdo it…” She glanced toward Callan and tried to gauge his reaction.
[break][break]
OOC: Kommo-o used the move Clanging Scales

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 6:41:45 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Trainer sense, that was what he preferred to call it. It was the prickling of ice cold against the spine that warned him almost reflexively that something big was about to happen. In this regards, Trianers and POkemon shared the same thing, a willingness to survive, and that was exactly what he and the Primeape around them felt as the scales of Elinor's Kommo-O began to clink.

Callan clicked the button on his ball to immediately recall Vodka, the moment he heard Elinor's voice, he knew exactly what was coming next. A pseudo-legendary was nothing to scoff at. While a beautiful creature, the Kommo-O's clanging scales would be able to rupture eardrums and create shockwaves, were it not for the Pokeball's ability to suppress a POkemon's powers, Callan had no desire to test it. He pressed both hands to his ears, using his indexes to cover his earholes, with the padded cotton gloves providing extra protection as it released its Clanging Scales.

A sonic riptide erupted through the air, felling trees in the nearby vicinity. It was a good thing it was a forward aimed attack, as Callan's ears would have defeinitely been punctured if he was in the blast radius. "Oh Arceus..." He groaned, maybe it was not exactly the most well thought of idea, but it had worked. Neither the Passimian nor the Primeape remained. Steadily getting back up to his feet, he felt his ears ringing slightly from the Clanging Scales, but regardless, he held a thumbs up to Elinor. "Great work." He said, though his words were a bit muffled in response, nothing his Audino wouldn't be able to fix.

Now the only thing that was left to do was to write out the report, but he could do that in his own time. His eyes turned towards Elinor's, "Are you down for a drink? There's a good place that serves some decent beer." The best part of any successfully completed mission.

| poke punch drunk

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 12:49:52 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

Had she not been protecting her ears, then her eardrums might’ve looked a bit like those trees over there, bent and broken by the very force of Kommo-o’s move. Luckily, all she was left with was a loud ringing in her ears which muffled Callan’s words for a bit.
[break][break]
She retrieved the Pokéball which would house Kommo-o and said. “Well done, take a rest, Kaleo.” She allowed the red beam to suck in the Pokémon once more. Turning just in time to hear the praises and the offer of drinks. "Thank you." She accepted his praise.
[break][break]
Never one to squander the opportunity for free stuff, after all, free stuff was almost like making a profit. She nodded accepting the offer while saying. “Sure am.” Was this about to be a tradition? She wondered. It couldn’t be a coincidence. First Matias offered drinks after their little Pangoro Rendezvous and now she had Callan offering drinks if this continued she would have to be careful about doing League jobs or she might develop a habit

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 1:00:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGER)