thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 15:31:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
'Crystablooms' had seemingly become an overnight phenomenon.

After inspecting those within the Tree of Life with , Gavin had looked further into the strange growths and discovered that they were not unique to the Tree in Sootopolis but in fact a rapidly-spreading threat around the whole of Hoenn. There seemed to be few places they didn't flourish — from the ashen peak of Mt. Chimney to the surface of the very ocean itself.

Fascinating, and horrifying.

It wouldn't do to examine only the local samples from within the tree, so Gavin had donned a disguise (not that of Thomas Finnegan, lest he be questioned by the League) and set up for Lilycove.

A section of beach has been cordoned off, but they've not enough manpower to guard every stretch of it, and so Gavin slips past the red tape and steps carefully around budding floral growths until he finds a safe spot to crouch down and examine a particularly vibrant one. Gloved hands brush the petals aside to get at the stem, a quick snip to take the sample for himself.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 1:08:44 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

As Gavin snipped the flower, a Magnezone floated towards him beeping a rapid fire of 3 beeps a pause and another 3 beeps like a security alarm. Joules the Magnezone crackled and sparked with energy, bot has a warning for the individual to stop moving and for Paxton to see him in the darkness.

The Magnezone would circle at a distance Gavin, floating into the way regardless of which way he chose to try to run. All the while, Paxton was already sprinting down the shoreline, kicking up sand and holding up a flashlight. "Halt!" He seemed to have followed the red tape before begrudgingly trampling past new blooms towards Gavin. He shone the flashlight without remorse, the powerful LED projected straight into the undercover Rocket's eyes. "Sir, this area has been quarantined by the Ranger Corps due to protect the conservation efforts of the region." the glint of the scissors used to cut the flower glint in the light. Joules had stopped beeping.

Paxton moved the flashlight towards the blooms, but still staring down at Gavin. "Joules, stay with me. Send Altan to do perimeter." he ordered, not even looking towards his partner at the steel type floated over to an incoming Solrock and beeped his intent. Paxton was focused on the intruder. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to drop your samples, follow me to the decontamination section, and head home." he added. "Don't bother washing in the ocean. It doesn't work." he added, frowning.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 15:41:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Rule #1: Always have an escape plan.

He does. Yet he doesn't resort to it immediately, for this would be easier if he could talk his way out of danger. So when the Magnezone floats up to him and starts beeping, he straightens up with the bloom pinched carefully between scissor blades.

"All right, all right, I hear you."

He doesn't run. He turns toward Paxton, immediately regretting it when he's nearly blinded.

"Could you lower that, please? I value my vision." He deposits the bloom into a vacuum-seal bag and closes it up, then shields his eyes with his now-free hand. "I figure they roped it off because these blooms are an unknown phenomenon, but I'm a scientist, see, I study things like this."

He's relieved when the flashlight is lowered, and — Ah. It's him.

"I was very careful not to let anything but these gloves come into contact with the blooms. I'm no amateur." He tilts his head. "Fascinating about the ocean, however. Do tell me more."

His curiousity sounds genuine, rather than mocking.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 2:01:28 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

They don't run which is a pity. It's faster if they do. Joules can sick 'em then. Paxton eyes the "I say again, drop your samples immediately." he repeated, tone firm as he stared down the taller man. He may have been smaller, but he held himself up unbothered by the difference. The confidence of a man who has dealt with far worse, and lived. "If you understood it was roped off due to being an unknown phenomenon why are you trespassing? It's late." he's quick to cut through the bullshit, annoyed even. "As a scientist then, you would know that you can apply through the Ranger Corps and the League access to join the efforts to study such blooms safely and in a way that avoids unnecessary propagation."

"Your ability to gain proper clearance would speak otherwise, Doctor." If he he even had a PhD. His smiled politely but his eyes darted over the stranger once more. Fuckin' grad student. eh thought to himself. He'd seen a couple of them. Reckless and impatient little fucks chasing the coattails of their professors. "Follow me to decontamination and I'll tell you more." he offered. While its a less harsh tone he'd taken, the mood is still very much unfriendly. Joules beeped a low warning, twice as they floated over the pair. In the distance, a Solrock was rapidly levitating along the red rope doing circles around the patch.

He nodded for Gavin to start marching forward, gesturing with the flashing while Joules waited to follow.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 10:34:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Because I am not some fool of a civilian trying to pick them because they're pretty." A derisive tone suggests just what he thinks of that. "And because I prefer the weather at night. It gets so bloody hot during the day here."

Which, while he was lying, was not in and of itself a lie.

He's not certain that cooperation will remain a good idea, but doesn't yet feel threatened enough to make a break for it. So with a sigh, he makes a show of dropping the sample (a shame; he'll have to procure another later on) and follows.

If he could keep up the ruse long enough to get more information on the blooms, he'd consider it a win.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 1:17:39 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"Sure, sure. Just picking up blooms without moving through the proper security check points in the middle of the night." the police officer replied with a soft snort as he nodded over at the little choke point in the distance. It was obvious that's the assigned entrance form the few tents set up to offer shade and miscellaneous tables laying aorund. As well as a pair of makeshift showers to captures and and all contaminants. Couldn't be too careful with the weird flowers. As Paxton idly gestured over he slows his pace down, half to make sure Gavin was following, half to fall in step with him. He's not quite beside him but a swift movement could place him there.

Meanwhile Joules, who had been so loud earlier, was deadly silent as Altan did his perimeter checks. She, at some point, had dropped form a few feet in the air to level with the men and more or less ended up on Gavin's other side. A box. She would be the wall Paxton could push their target onto. He'd put away the flashlight, a couple of lights still on at his usual post. He rested his arms on his vest, hand carefully opening and readying a pair of silver handcuffs. His heel hit the sand and pivoted, twisting his body towards Gavin. One hand reached for his wrist, the other to slap the pretty confinement bracelets onto the noisy grad student. It's something practice, something he's well-verse in that he doesn't even have to think about to know he hits. "You are being detained-" he began, automatically going in for the grapple.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 13:56:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Unfortunately for the officer, it's not the first time Gavin's been arrested.

He recognizes the threat the moment Paxton slows down as if to fall in step with him, the Magnezone lowering itself down. He had thought, perhaps, that cooperation could get him out of this situation without a mess. It's clear now that won't be the case.

So as Paxton pivots, Gavin exudes a cloud of miasma and ducks out of the way with alarming speed.

In a heartbeat, two shadow Pokemon are released onto the field to contest Paxton's own: Sandslash and Cryogonal. A safeguard ripples around them to nullify potential paralytic effects from the Magnezone, and Cyrogonal shields him bodily with its baneful bunker.

He's not done. Already, backing up all the while, Gavin is reaching for more Pokémon.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 0:28:42 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Paxton is surprised when he grasps at nothing, but the second he sees the miasma he's on high alert. Wide eyes dart around before locking onto the Rocket though its not fear, but fury that drives him once again. In an instant, the refugee released pokemon, but Paxton has already let out a sharp whistle, calling back his Solrock the darkness. "What does Rocket want with a plague flower?" he asked, his voice level despite the glare he leveled. Joules is quick to drop in front of their trainer protectively, while Paxton grabs another pokeball.

He knows this isn't about to be a fair fight. "The blooms are invasive, a crime syndicate has nothing to gain from fucking around with it." As he says this, Altan approaches fast and hard with STEALTH ROCK on the pair of ice types, and flames flicker aorund their rocky exterior as they prepared their next attack. Joules for their part is whirring loudly, beeping a rapid set of patterns to their psychic partner. The Solrock seems to to spin twice in understanding while Paxton held the radio button down on his chest. It buzzed to life as he began to report in. "This is Officer Concordas requesting immediate backup at Bloom Site 0012, high profile refugee spotted. I repeat, requesting immediate backup." Joules' multiple eyes that has been darting around the area impossible fast suddenly lock onto the most dangerous pokemon they could perceive, using LOCK ON on the Sandslash with odd coloring.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 18:27:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Have you never heard of scientists?"

What wouldn't Rocket want with a plague flower?

But Gavin's earlier semi-amicable tone has vanished beneath the truth of who Paxton is really dealing with. Not a lost grad student but a Rocket underboss who had no intentions of going to prison.

A click of his tongue signals the Rotom in his phone, and it releases a thunder wave to disrupt the communications.

Gavin, meanwhile, has released two more Pokemon in his arsenal. The two Rock-types seem to easily shake off whatever minimal effect the Stealth Rock might've had, and Tyranitar's Dark Sandstream activates immediately to fill the air with shards of black crystal. The Aerodactyl's Dark Predator zeroes in on Magnezone, the hunter fixated on its prey as it lunges with fiery fangs.

Sandslash unleashes a fierce blizzard toward their foe as Cyrogonal's rapid spin takes care of the stealth rock.

Gavin reaches for more pokeballs, miasma spreading its corruption all the while.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 23:59:23 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"If Rocket's got scientists concerned about it, there's no need to foolishly spreads other city's patches, Merlino!" Paxton snapped. "I know all Rocket has is their greed, but I thought you'd be smarter than that!" As he said his radio sputtered from an overload off the Rotom, hissing and crying out before growing quiet. The fucker.

Joules is beeping rapidly as more pokemon are released onto the field, all strange, all powerful. Paxton released more pokemon to take up guard. A Dragapult and Lucario appear, flanking his sides. Altan is nailed in the fail by the Blizzard, pieces of frost coalescing into an ice that seemed to bling and spread every so slowly, but at least it was still floating. It's battered around by the dark crystal winds but managed to spark flamed again and slamming into the Sandslash with FLARE BLITZ.

Joules also takes a heavy hit But is still standing. However another succession of beeps seems to imply that the Magnezone, who's eyes darted towards its teammates, was more so relaying information quickly rather than worrying about its own health. The Lucario is quick to snarl at the immediate hostiles, the ghosts of swords swirling around it and its eyes glowing bright blue as it began to prep itself for an attack with SWORDS DANCE. The Dragapult meanwhile moves out of place, pushing to the front line and letting off a DRAGON PULSE at the Tyranitar to push it backwards. Joules, makes a whirring sound at it unleashed FLASH CANON at the Sandlash it'd locked onto previously.

EXTRA ENDEAVUOUR | using a move, raise the attack or special attack of your pokemon in a post.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 2:53:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It's pointless to argue, but Gavin can't help himself when his intelligence is questioned.

"It's important to test samples from all over the region to see how they differ." As the miasma swells around him, Gavin's features are lost to silhouette. "I am a scientist, and I am not an idiot."

As the Solrock becomes wreathed in flame, Sandslash protects itself from the fiery charge. This, too, shields it from the incoming flash cannon.

Tyranitar is shifted back only slightly by the dragon pulse on account of its size and weight, but it does seem damaged and enraged by the pain. A violent roar rips from its maw before it stomps the earth and summons a stone edge to target the weakened Magnezone.

They're close to the ocean. Too close.

As Gavin releases a Roserade and Delphox into the fray, determined to avoid capture, the ocean behind them erupts in a spray of foam and scattering drops of seawater. His silent pleas for aid have been answered.

She takes to the field with a violent display of springtide storm, a devastating force that damages friend and foe alike.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON May 8, 2022 23:45:23 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"Ok, Smartass, if you ARE intelligent and see how easily they propagate why didn't you take BETTER MEASURES to keep them from spreading?! You could've borrowed a fuckin' biohazard suit!" Paxton snapped back before looking back at his pokemon who were doing their best to defend from multiple sources of contention. Altan and Joules beep and spin in frustration as the Sandslash deflected their moves. But they knew it couldn't keep that up for very long.

Joules continued to beep, the sound almost drowned out by the noise of rocks smashing and denting its metal body as it struggled to stay afloat.

More pokemon are released and if possible, Paxton would cut through all the weird pokemon and deck the asshole in the face himself. "What? Fucking?! Now?!" He screamed as a loud splash and a dark colored creature shout of the shallow waters, raining down seawater and sand on all of them. The force of her attack isn't over as the Lugia sent out a strange petal filled attack pushing back his team. While the floating pokemon are rebuffed with twirling away form the force of the storm and already weakened constitutions, Paxton crouched to the ground trying to keep himself form being blow up in the air. His Lucario rushed for him, bracing him against the siren of the sea, snarling but eventually being pushed back 10 feet or so. The next thin he knew the pair were on the sand, several feet form the crystal blooms.

He coughed trying not to get sand in his eyes before propping himself onto his elbows. There's a mumbled 'thank you' to his Lucario as he put eyes on Gavin's entire team and the Lugia flanking his back, But his attention then goes to shock at the flower patch. The wind had crushed several flowers and he could see pieces of glowing blooms scattered a good distance away across the beach. He had no doubt the pollen and seeds had as well. In no time, they'd be an even bigger patch to quarantine. Who knew how far the legendary has blown everything out. What current it'd catch. Horror turns to smoldering rage as he looked for Gavin's eyes, shaking in frustration as he was helped up by his Lucario. "Rocket or League, if the ecosystem goes we all do. Get the fuck out of my sight, you selfish prick." he said. He'd lost after all. The patch would grow, possibly spread into the city. Even if people noticed a huge black and grey Lugia come out of the ocean, it didn't matter if they made it back in time. The damage was done, and Paxton couldn't care less about the fugitive.

EXTRA ENDEAVUOUR | have you or your pokemon use or be struck by the move, springtide storm or petal blizzard, in a post.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 8:58:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin scoffs as he sees Paxton collapsed near the invasive blooms.

"You're far more responsible for their spread than I am, now." His hand curls around a final Pokeball, but he doesn't release its occupant yet. This guy pissed him off, and he couldn't help but engage. "I was careful in my acquisition. If you hadn't insisted on a fight, then there wouldn't have been much spread at all. Now...?"

Well, Lilycove was going to have a hell of a nightmare to deal with.

Not his problem, anymore.

He sneers at Paxton. "Think of that, next time."

His Claydol is released, and both vanish as it TELEPORTS.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
crystalline [m/ee]
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 22:59:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
REPEAT MISSION - NO REWARDS

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: