he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,439 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 12:40:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo took a seat, waiting for his plan to take root.

It was a simple plan: slather some honey on a tree, and wait for Pokemon to arrive. Catch any that caught his attention. It wasn’t an uncommon plan - heck, he’d learned about it in school - but it was still effective, and he still had a good deal of honey to spare courtesy of his Ribombees.

Sitting with him were a pair of Pokemon. The first was a Zorua, the young Pokemon laying on the boy’s lap, enjoying the lovely headpats his trainer gave him, his soft fur parting gently as Hideo’s hand brushed along his head.

The second was a considerably-larger Zarude, sitting next to Hideo. The large monkey was patting Hideo on the head, its large fingers parting Hideo’s soft hair. Its technique was a bit rough, but Hideo let it go on: he’d let the Legendary pass the time the same way he was.

Because at this point, all they could do was wait.

Mission: Honey Trap
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 14:40:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Eeeeeeeek!!!" A sharp wail would soon ring in the little blind boy's well-trained ears. A bipedal, dragon-like creature with big, googly eyes ran along the dirt road, screaming in a feminine voice. Were they trying to get away from something? Not looking directly in front of them, the unidentified creature ended up slamming face-first into the honey-slathered tree, getting stuck on its sticky surface like a fly to flypaper.

A cloud of dust drew closer. Within it, a Kangaskhan was locked into a fierce battle with a Beedrill. The maternal Pokémon struck the nightmare-inducing wasp with a devastating Mega Punch, launching it high into the air whereupon it turned into a twinkle in the sky. With such strength, surely this couldn't be just a wild Kangaskhan. But where was its trainer?

"Nice job, Missy! Now could you help me out here?" The mysterious, dragon-like creature said, while trying in vain to get unstuck from the tree. Wait a minute, it talked?! Was it not a Pokémon then? In fact, didn't it sound like a human woman?
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,439 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 15:28:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
They didn’t have to wait long.

Hideo could hear the wail well before he heard something hit the tree. It didn’t sound like any Pokemon he’d heard before, though he couldn’t say that he’d met every Pokemon out there. Though this one sounded oddly…human?

Had he brought a Telepathic Pokemon, they could’ve immediately told him what it really was, but he was going to have to find out on his own.

His two Pokemon moved off their resting spots - the Zorua hopping off Hideo’s lap while the Zarude lazily stood back up. The Zorua walked up to this mysterious dragon, standing a small distance away as he stood poised, ready to attack at Hideo’s order.

The Zarude just glanced at the dragon, standing in place. Its attention was more towards the sound of the incoming Kangaskhan.

Hideo stood up, retrieving a Pokeball, though he was hesitant to approach the trapped “Pokemon”, worried about the one he could hear approaching them. But his worries were slightly allayed when the stuck “Pokemon” spoke, congratulating a “Missy”.

Hideo was quick to put the pieces together, but he just had to make sure. “That isn’t a Pokemon, is it?” he asked his Zarude. The answer he got was a grunt, followed by the large monkey sitting back down.

He took that as a “no”.

You, uh, alright there?” Hideo asked, putting away his Pokeball. “Need help getting off the tree, or can your Pokemon handle it?

His Zorua backed off, more in caution of the incoming Kangaskhan, getting close to Hideo, though still in his battle-ready stance.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 16:17:03 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Hi there! I think she can handle it. Right, Missy?" It was definitely a woman's voice that spoke back to the kid. The Kangaskhan grabbed the costumed human's legs and started pulling, eliciting a pained cry from its trainer. "Ouchie! That won't work. Just pull down the zipper." The large marsupial nodded, reaching for the zipper on the back of the costume.

"Don't look." The woman said to the boy. Oh, the irony. She crawled out of her costume like a Beautifly emerging from its cocoon. What was she wearing under that thing, if anything? What was her bare figure like? Those enticing questions would remain unanswered, dear reader.

Luckily, she wouldn't have to remain exposed to the elements for too long. Missy reached inside her pouch - carefully so as to not disturb her baby's peaceful sleep - and pulled out a tracksuit that the young woman promptly put on. "OK, you can look now. I am no longer indecent. Now we just need to get the rest of it off the tree." She mused, staring at her empty husk of a costume.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,439 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 13:30:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Yeah, definitely a person.

Hideo answered with a quick “alright” as she declined the need for aid, the boy taking a seat as he listened to her Pokemon make an effort to free her. His Zorua was still on guard, though stayed close to Hideo and the Zarude.

It sounded like they weren’t making much progress. No shocker there: that was some sticky honey he put on the tree. If a Pokemon got stuck, he could at the very least catch them in a ball, but a person was gonna have a rough time.

Then he heard the zipper that sounded like it went forever. And the warning. She must’ve been wearing a full-body suit or something - and was taking it off.

While it wasn’t necessary, Hideo did turn away, though his two Pokemon didn’t: his Zorua kept watch, unsure of the threat and lacking familiarity with the idea that one should look away from an undressing human. The Zarude, meanwhile, just kept watch out of pure indifference.

Hideo turned back once given permission to. “So…what were you wearing?” he had to ask. “Sounded like something you wear over your whole body.

Unknown to Hideo, it seemed this girl and her Pokemon weren’t the only ones attracted to the laid-out honey: a Swalot had caught wind of the scent, and was steadily approaching the tree. His Zarude had taken notice, looking towards where it was coming from, but Hideo had yet to hear its approach.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 14:38:21 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Zarude staring at her while she undressed didn't make this any less awkward. It didn't help that Andrea had some really unpleasant experiences with ape-like Pokémon as of late. Missy moved in front of the young woman, blocking Zarude's view. Legendary or not, no-one liked a peeping tom.

"That's my Pokémon disguise, of course." Andrea explained after she had put the tracksuit on. "I made it so that I could see what it's like to live in a Pokémon's shoes, but it looks so cute that I end up wearing it all the time!" She mused with a small laugh.

"I can't seem to get it off, though. Who knew that sap could get so sticky..." The PokéManiac then mused, running her hand across her cheek that still had some honey smeared on it. "Wait a minute, this isn't sap... It's honey!" She deduced after tasting her own digits. "No wonder that Beedrill looked so antsy! How did a tree get so much honey on it anyway?"

Missy was alerted by the Swalot's presence as well, turning towards the same direction Zarude had turned to and narrowing her eyes. It didn't appear hostile, but with Poison types one could never be too careful. Especially if they were known to have a voracious appetite, like in Swalot's case.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,439 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 1:20:36 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
There was a momentary pause as Hideo took in what the lady told him; “Your Pokemon disguise?” he parroted, a dumbfounded look to his face. Even her explanation didn’t allay his surprise. “I, uh, guess that kinda makes sense?” It didn’t, but he wasn’t one to argue the logic of dressing up like a Pokemon.

But it did explain what she was trying to do now. “Yeah, it’s honey,” Hideo answered, standing up once more. “I put it there. It’s supposed to attract Pokemon. I was planning to catch some, but guess it seems like I caught you.” There was a small grin as he said that - fairly amused that such would even happen. “Well, your costume anyways.

Well, he couldn’t just leave it there. “Gimme a sec: I got a Pokemon with me that can help wash it off.

Though as he dove in his pocket to retrieve its Pokeball, the distinctive cry of a Swalot could be heard, its attention on the honey-slathered tree. Its mouth opened wide as it took a big bite out of the tree, taking a good amount of the honey with it. The costume was spared, but another bite that size would reach it.

Oh, that doesn’t sound good,” Hideo mused. “Vines, you mind-

Before he could finish that, a large burst of pink light burst from his Zorua’s mouth, the Light of Ruin headed straight for the Swalot.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 8:48:31 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The boy's explanation of how the honey had gotten there made the young woman laugh softly. "Teehee~ I guess you DID catch me! Would you like to give me a nickname before I get sent to your PC?" She jested, but their banter was rudely interrupted by the Swalot making its intentions clear.

The boy's Zorua was quick to attack the greedy intruder with a blinding beam of light that didn't resemble any Pokémon move that Andrea had seen. "It doesn't sound good because it ISN'T good! If he eats the whole thing then... Regina, grab that tree!" The eccentric girl sent out a massive Tyrantrum, which locked its Strong Jaws around the tree's trunk and uprooted it in a formidable display of strength. That way Swalot couldn't get it at least.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,439 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 20:06:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
As Hideo searched for the right ball, he answered the lady’s question. “I dunno. It’d have to depend on what your costume is.” He didn’t know what kind of Pokemon her costume was designed to look like - there were plenty of human-sized Pokemon out there she could be. If she’d even dressed up like one, considering all the human-sized Pikachu costumes out there. “I usually go for what you do, or if I can think of a joke with your name…which I don’t know.

Right. He hadn’t introduced himself yet. “I’m Hideo by the way.

Fortunately, his Zorua’s timely fairy-beam was enough to scare off the Swalot, the blobby biter taking that as its cue to run off as quickly as its blobby legs could take it.

With the Kangaskhan holding the tree up, Hideo had enough time to find the right Pokeball, letting out a Seismitoad. “Swimcoach, help her get her costume off the tree,” he ordered, the large toad nodding and walking towards the tree. She’d make sure the lady wouldn’t get in the crossfire as she fired a Hydro Pump at the tree, blasting the honey off and the costume with it.

Thankfully, the worst the costume would get is being drenched, and a proper washing would be needed to get the honey off. It would still be intact.

Well, guess I’ll have to get more honey,” Hideo said, the Seismitoad returning to him. “But that’s easier to replace than a full-body costume.

Before he could continue speaking, he felt his Zarude place something fluffy in his arms: his Zorua. Passed out, but otherwise fine. “Guess that attack must’ve knocked him out. I don’t even know what attack that was, but it seems strong.” Calling him back into his Pokeball would suffice for now.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 20:34:54 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
With Swalot gone, the boy called Hideo had his loyal Seismitoad wash most of the honey off with a Hydro Pump, allowing the draconic costume to get unstuck and return to its proper owner. "Oh, thank you! Thank you ever so much!" The young woman exclaimed in pure joy, hugging her costume without caring if it was a soggy mess. She would definitely need to give it a proper washing and ironing later.

"My name's Andrea. Feel free to come up with a joke based on that." The trainer of monstrous Pokémon introduced herself in turn, while her Tyrantrum set the uprooted tree back on the ground with a resounding thud, making the earth tremble ever so slightly underneath their feet.

Missy's maternal instincts kicked in when she saw the poor little Zorua passing out from fatigue, wanting to help in any way possible. Thankfully, Hideo seemed to have everything in check. It was still unusual, though... Between Pokémon learning moves that they weren't supposed to learn, a new virus being on the loose, and those crystal blooms that made Pokémon glow, many strange things were happening in Hoenn as of late.

"Well, I'd better get going. This costume isn't gonna fix itself." Andrea said with a nervous smile. "It was nice meeting you, Hideo. Next time you put honey on a tree, maybe place a sign or something, so that humans don't get stuck on it by accident." She offered some helpful advice to the younger trainer.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Sweet Snare (M)
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 3:10:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: