awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
nothing but a monster [past]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 3:06:08 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
ALAMOS TOWN, SINNOH REGION. ROUGHLY SIX MONTHS IN THE PAST.

Kepler’s lab is a nightmare. There’s papers everywhere; random pieces of glassware are scattered across multiple tables, some tipped over and leaking questionable materials. Both the blackboard and the whiteboard are an indecipherable mess of scribbles. His fellow students see the chaos and say it looks like a mad scientist has built his lair in there-- if the mad scientist was blind and also a rat.

The mad scientist in question sits on a wooden stool, hunched over an old, dog eared comic book. He cradles a toothmarked ham sandwich in one hand and holds the page down with a fingertip of the other hand. He’s alone, and has been, for quite some time. His eyes flash up at the mess around him as if to confirm that statement.

He doesn’t thrive like this-- in isolation. But it’s the only way he feels safe. He has built the pandemonium up around him, like a very particular bird crafting an artful nest. It’s a defense mechanism, the repulsion. Keeping people at arms length.

But not today. Today, he is expecting a guest.

It’s a rarity. To celebrate, he has emptied the trashcans.

His gaze lands on the closed door as the shadow of a figure appears behind the frosted window.

It’s time.

⚰︎ recruitment, act 1
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,410 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 5:45:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
kepler brueshaber. published physicist and expert on the theory of quantum mechanics. she’d done her research, and now she was here to collect him. he would be working closely with her, she’d decided. on her personal team. she would simply make it so.

her shadow appeared behind the window, but it was only a trick of the light—or lack thereof. no avatar powers shrouding her today. she didn’t like to start off with terrifying them. even lulu knew you could catch more flies with honey.

she gave the door three solid but polite knocks.
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
sum of all and by them driven
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON May 8, 2022 3:13:11 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar

Kepler tilted his head, tendrils of hair slipping down his cheek; the blue dye was fading, bright turquoise washed out to a dull teal. The knocks hung in the air for a brief moment before he closed his eyes, and nodded.

Bursting from a corner of the lab, Mercury rushed forward, the ever well-trained footman. The rabbit pulled open the door to allow Lulu entrance as Kep untangled his limbs from where he was sitting on his stool. Mercury swept a paw wide, beckoning Lulu in.

Like the energizer bunny on crack, Merc was here, then away, then back again, dragging over a coat rack for Lulu to hang her coat or hat, should she have one. Gone again, then back, pushing a metallic cart with a portable coffee machine and a mixed collection of mugs, ranging in design from simple patterns, to WORLDS BEST CAT MOM, to ceramic pieces definitely made by someone’s children. A chipped plate bore offerings of those little tear-and-bake sugar cookies with Halloween designs (a pumpkin and a ghost, respectively).

“Ms. Flint, right?” Kepler asked standing and stretching his arms tall, long spine bending slightly backward. He was still incredibly diminutive, even when not hunched. “Kepler Brueshaber, soon to be head of Alamos University R&D. Though I have a feeling you may be here to change that?" The end of his speech lilted upwards in a question.

⚰︎ recruitment, act 1

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,410 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 21:17:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
lulu glanced down at the rabbit briefly before striding in and past. her face was steely. no smile, only one scarcely detectable for kepler.

as he ran around the room, it was almost dizzying, but the smell of coffee was a welcome remedy. as it was wheeled over, she noted his selection of mugs. how delightfully eclectic. she poured herself a cup in one with a nice-fitting handle, regardless of design. maybe it was the WORLD'S BEST CAT MOM one.

the cookies were not touched, although she thought of how darkrai might appreciate them.

“that’s correct.”

she waited for him to finish.

”i already know who you are, brueshaber.” her eyes cast around. this place didn’t look too unlike her own study area—the one more hidden away from everyone else. ”and perhaps, i may have a job opportunity for you--but that’s only if i decide i like you.”

”so tell me, what are your goals, and what is your primary motivation?”
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 15:51:35 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar

Kepler had the distinct feeling he was talking to hear himself speak. Well, he was terribly self-important, to hear others say it. Lulu Flint didn’t look at all phased by his fancy new title. As she spoke, her eyes touched around the room, but her face was an impassive mask, and Kep couldn’t tell if she was disgusted or impressed, though he was leaning towards the former.

Her questions surprised him, though. He’d expected more along the lines of how comfortable are you making weapons of mass destruction, which had, no joke, been one of the interview queries for his position in the Sinnohan government. Like a spinning wheel, his mind backpedaled through all the bullshit answers he’d given on his applications, but none of those paper-thin fallacies seemed to fit, here.

“I guess… I want to be the best,”
Kepler said, eventually, tugging on one of his braids, a nervous habit resulting in years of broken ends. “I want to be the top of my field. Whatever I put my mind to, I want to excel.” I want to be protected, was the unspoken thought; If I far surpass everyone in my field, no one needs to come close to me, and I can work alone and no one can hurt me.

It was too pathetic to voice, though.

“My end goal is whatever my employer’s end goal is, I suppose,” he added. “I kind of have to go wherever the money is, at least for a little bit.”

⚰︎ recruitment, act 1

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,410 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 0:55:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
wherever the money is.

once upon a time, when she’d been saoirse quinn, she’d had a fortune. reborn, lulu flint had started again, fresh out of prison, without even a small sum to her name. sure, in the beginning, it had been her own fault for leaving everything behind—but that didn’t negate the fact that she’d wound up at rock-bottom, eventually, and had to claw her way back up.

”do good work, and i can promise you won’t go hungry. do exceptional work, and your opportunities will be endless.”

had given her that first chance to do big things. she would not be ’s oscar—at least not yet. he would need to prove himself to rocket, first, but to see the similarities between him and herself only a couple of years prior gave her the smallest smile.

with hands clasped, she took a few steps, peering idly around.

”team rocket gets a bad rap—” no mystery there. ”but research with us means you’ll have less to hold you back. none of the limitations of government studies;  fear and people-pleasing restricts progress. we are in the business of changing the world, mr. brueshaber.”

she turned back to watch him fiddle with his braid.

”but of course, to be a part of this organization comes at a price. you must dedicate your life to it, and be willing to do things that will change you forever. it isn’t for the weak of heart. do you understand?”
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 22:52:06 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar

His parents fell solidly in the middle of the wealth spectrum, not rich but certainly not feeling the burn like some other families. He’d always been special, always been different, and so scholarships more or less fell in his lap. College had been an expense but less so than for some of his peers. But Kepler didn’t have much to call his own-- all of it was currently wrapped up in lodging and student loans. He researched what the school told him to research and while it was keeping him interested for now there was no promising he’d be down to do it forever.

So he smiled when Lulu told him all he had to do to avoid the red tape was be exceptional.

“I can be exceptional,” he said, quiet but confident. It wasn’t a brag-- it was a fact. If it meant guaranteeing his safety and comfort in life, he could do it, and he could do it relatively easy.

She went on to talk about Rocket and what they could offer him. He listened, cataloging all the information, sorting through the pros and cons on the spot, even though he already knew what his answer would be, should they offer him a job.

“I do,” he said, and he meant that, too. “I understand.”

So far he’d been a leaf on the wind, an insect on the tree, gouging out a little space for his little body to root in and hide from the predators. But how long until the birds came, sharp-beaked and eagle eyed? How long until a bigger bug came along and bullied him out of his hole? It wasn’t safe here. He wasn’t safe here-- not for long. He needed something deeper. Someplace he could put his soft insides and have them be, if not protected, then at least out of the way long enough to build up a stronger exoskeleton.

He was tired of transience. He wanted permanence.

He gestured at the mess of a lab around him.

“What I’m doing now isn’t important to me,” he said. “Nothing I’ve done insofar is important to me.” He looked back at Lulu, hoping she’d see. See that he was worth the opportunities-- the chance. “My cup isn’t full. It’s still very, very empty. I have a lot to give.” And nothing worth giving to, he thought. Not yet.

⚰︎ recruitment, act 1

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,410 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2022 4:05:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
exceptional. her lips curled into a pleased smile. confidence was key. without confidence, one rarely made it far—and this was especially true within the cutthroat ranks of team rocket.

kepler claimed understood the things he’d have to do. lulu didn’t care to further elaborate. the news stations did plenty to ensure that the public was aware of their wrong-doings. 

to hear that he'd yet to do anything important to him caused her to quirk a brow.

“really? nothing? that’s a shame to hear.”

she had always been impudent and motivated by her own interests. it was rebelliousness that both pissed her off and often gained her respect; however, if kepler truly was prepared to simply do whatever they told him to, that was, frankly, good enough for her.

“how do you feel about space?”
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 16:49:24 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar

“It’s--,” he struggled to find the words. “I did my thesis on oceanographic physics. Wave patterns. Deep-sea travel. But it was just a research paper. A presentation. None of it was being applied.” The content mattered to him, he supposed. But the result did not. “I understand that not all science is fruitful. Not everything is implemented. Some things are just a waste of time. But do you know what I’m working on right now?” He wiped his palms on his pants, not realizing they’d gotten sweaty. “Acoustics for the auditorium.” He couldn’t suppress the roll of his eyes.

He realized he’d been raving, a bit. He bit the inside of his cheek to calm himself. She wasn’t here to listen to him blather on about his boring life.

Then she mentioned space-- and if he’d had animal ears, they’d have gone up.

“The final frontier,” he said before he could stop himself and visibly winced. “I like space. Space is fun. I did a theoretical paper on setting up a Lunar moon base my sophomore year. Reducing entropy, and the like.” It’d been part of a joint project with the Finance and Economics students and the Emergency and Military planning ones. More bullshit. But it had mattered less, then, so the sting was duller.

⚰︎ recruitment, act 1

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,410 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 9:29:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
so, he’d been steered away from his passion, repeatedly. it was a story she’d heard over and over, especially among her ranks.

”well, i don’t think you need me to tell you that is quite an unfortunate waste of your talent, mr. brueshaber—but with team rocket, i believe you will find that you can make up for such lost time. few ever receive such pioneering opportunities that are offered within our organization.”

she blinked at his excited outburst. inwardly, though, she felt the same. space. she was getting closer to a dream she had once never thought would ever actually manifest.

”that sounds more promising.”

considering for a quiet moment, she then proceeded.

”i am one of the head scientists. i would like you to work closely, as a part of my team. among the things we focus primarily on hoenn’s energy resources, how best to harness them, and how they can be used to extend our reach to the stars above.”
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 0:43:19 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar

Something was churning inside Kepler’s gut that wasn’t his sandwich or his seven energy drinks and it took him a minute to realize it was excitement. It had been so long since he’d felt it-- real, true, unbridled excitement, the kind that electrified his veins and made him want to hunch his shoulders in a little victory dance.

But he smothered it, smoothed it, coated it in sugar and set it down to cool.

“I would love to be a part of your team,” he said, smile genuine, cheeks burning with the effort of holding in his elation.

“When can I start?”

⚰︎ recruitment, act 1

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,410 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 8:18:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
the excitement in his face was enough to bring a genuine smile to lulu’s face as well, though maybe not quite as beaming. she knew the rush of being given a real opportunity when things had seemed more dead-end than revolutionary. these kinds of moments touched something in her heart in a way nothing else did.

”tomorrow. if you’re available, of course.”

and if not, of course, he ought to make himself so. kepler brueshaber belonged to rocket now.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 5:19:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: