1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Brothers Kamarozov | Mission
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 16:01:14 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan slapped his prize money up front at the gambling den, before stepping into the ring. A sheen of halogen lights bleach out the makeshift iron cage where the two trainers would battle. It was an illicit match, and he was here to record.

The rules were simple: 1 versus 1, loser is the one that that yields. For Callan, this was a given, he had no intention of injuring his Pokemon further than it needed to for this mission, and he had no intention of killing or permanently maiming another person. No, what truly shocked him was how popular this shithouse was. It wasn't just seedy gang members that populated here, even if there were a mjority Rocket audience, there were still thrillseekers, businessmen, young couples, thrillseekers, ordinary people, looking down on the mutilation and suffering of people and their partners.

He could go for a smoke right now.

Callan drew out his partner from its ball, and awaited his opponent.

| putting on a front

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 16:16:37 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Lex had grown to become a regular here, known for her ruthlessness and penchant for ghost-types. The dark, seedy underground I where she belongs when it came to battling. It’s where she started to make a name for herself after the events of the of the Cave of Origin. The Beast wouldn’t make it two feet into a Pokemon Gym without having security called.

She gently swirls a glass of dark amber liquid in the dark corner of one of the bars that line the cage. A security guard leans over to whisper something in her ear. She offers him a curt nod and quickly throws back the last of her whiskey, cringing at the sting of the cheap liquor, “I keep sayin it, you guys need to talk to . Your whiskey sucks,” as always, the bartender offers a shrug of condolence. Nothing was ever going to change.

Lex enters the ring, seemingly with no pokemon, just a red head looking like she’s ready to fight. The crowd cheers enthusiastically as the air beside her seems to ripple. A dark mist forms as a Dusknoir peels through the phantom plane and into reality.

“Tch,” She looks over the Heracross with disappointment, “Should be quick,” she waves a hand for the Dusknoir to lurch forward towards the center of the cage.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 16:23:02 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan's eyebrow raised, though not at the comment, but at the fact that one of the Rocket Beasts was in a seedy dump such as this place. "Should be." He responded. Rowsey's wings flitted in anticipation as the bell gonged to begin the match. "Megahorn." Callan's Heracross unfurled its wings, a droning whir spun int the air as it bulleted forwards, head first into the Dusknoir.
| putting on a front

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 16:31:10 GMT

“Hm,” she lets a small, amused smile tug at her ruby red lips. Usually she got more push back from her opponents, especially the males. Rarely did that actually agree with her. Then again, most were here to win.

Why was he here then?

Umbra takes the Megahorn dead on, the weight of the Heracross and blow from the attack pushing her back. Her large arms move forward the wraps the bug in a tight hold. She uses the opportunity to FRISK her opponent to make sure he’s not hiding anything.

White hot flames bubble from her massive palms, seeking to bath the Heracross in a burning WILL-O-WISP.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 16:39:29 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
There is an immediate impact and a shockwave that ensues from the blow of the Megahorn colliding into the Dusknoir. That had to have hurt... or so Callan thought, but instead the Dusknoir stands there, seemingly unfazed as it began to frisk Heracross.

It had no items to find, Callan left it not to chance for anything to have to be traced back to the rangers. He had the look of an alcoholic in need of money, and he had been in no operations. But something in him yearned to take the fight seriously, he wanted to enjoy the moment. 

That was until the Dusknoir's hands seared its curse into Rowsey. WIthout the regular limitations of a Pokemon Battle, the will-o-wisp burned with the fury of a wild Dusknoir, black marks singed against hardened Carapace as Rowsey screeched in pain, and then fury, as its hands gripped down against the Dusknoir's body and lifted it up into the air, bulleting up into the sky before encircling downwards to piledrive the Dusknoir into the ground with
Seismic Toss. Thankfully it was one of few fighting moves to actually be able to hit ghost types.
| putting on a front

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 16:49:58 GMT

Will-o-wisp sears into the bug-type’s carapace, leaving large hand prints where the Dusknoir held the Heracross in place. It didn’t seem to happy with being BURNED and retaliates with a well-placed SEISMIC TOSS.

The arena shudder beneath the weight of the Dusknoir. Lex grins, flinching slightly. That must’ve hurt.

Umbra does seem more affected this time, slower the phase out from the Heracross’s grip and turn upright to hover above the beetle. Energy hums around the ghost. A pink light stretches out from it’s core, the same light engulfing the Heracorss. Umbra peers into the future, marking the Heracross for destruction.

FUTURE SIGHT strikes in 2 turns

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 16:58:26 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The arena is filled with momentary dust from the impact of the seismic toss, but Briarwood's Dusknoir stands (floats?) tall. Rowsey herself leaps back to prep herself for an oncoming strike, but is left with nothing but a pink glow. Callan paused, awaiting some kind of esper energy to envelop his Heracross. but he realizes the move after time passes and nothing happens.

He had to end it, but not before putting up a decent show. Because Rowsey was burned, the Dusknoir would most likely be able to handle the next attack, given that the curse also reduces her attack. "Let's finish it before it gets serious Rowsey, Throat Chop!" He growls, there is a level of desperation in there, in that if he didn't get it done in time his Heracross had a very good chance of being critically wounded. Rowsey's buzzes are less active, and more flits of intermitten energy, as it pulls forward, a flash of black energy in its atms as it aims for the Dusknoir's torso. It had no throat, but the blow would still hurt regardless.

Was this really what people enjoyed?

| bare knuckle beatdown

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 17:07:31 GMT

The Dusknoir is relatively slow compared to the Heracross. Despite its ghost-typing, Lex always hated slow pokemon. She was fast, and agile and expected the same from her pokemon. Unfortunately, the Dusknoir does not display those abilities, but its bulk make it more of a tank.

Umbra is too slow to avoid the dark-type move. The Throat Chop strikes true, hitting her in the . . well . . . Throat I guess. An agonizing groan rumbles through the arena as she rights herself again after the blow of the attack. There’s a certain fury to seen in her single eye. One that flips a switch, as if now she isn’t messing around. Little too late.

Umbra retaliates by pressing her palms forward, unleashing a massive amount of spectral energy. HEX leeches on to the BURNED victim, seeking out its weakness with intent to exploit it.

FUTURE SIGHT strikes in 1 turn

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 17:17:45 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The Dusknoir's Hex hits true, and painful, and horrifically. Callan watches in horro as the burns from Heracross' wings and carapace erupt into black flames as the spell hits, a desperate buzzing fills the air as Rowsery tubmles on the floor on instinct to stop the burning. And Callan knew, what was coming after. "Stop, stop the fight." He said, taking out his pokeball and recalling his Heracross, "I forfeit."

It was met with boos, jeers and complaints above. "Fuck you, give me back my money!" A choice one, Callan made sure to look at the aging, balding fifty year old man and get it on his lens as he smiled. "Sorry, not gonna have my prize girl die just yet, gotta make a living somehow." Regardless, he knew now why the Rocket Beasts were held in such high regard, their Pokemon didn't play around. As he exited the stage, his red eyes met Alexandria's, "Good match, miss." He gave a smile as he walked out the door. He had a feeling that was not going to be the last time he'd have to fight a Rocket Beast.

Next time though, he'd be more prepared. Once he was a safe distance out from the den, Callan broke into a sprint, aiming to move towards the nearest Pokemon Center. "Sorry girl," He whispered to the pokeball clutched in his hand, "Let's get you back up as soon as possible."

| bare knuckle beatdown

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 17:23:56 GMT

And just like that, the match was over. Lex crosses her arms, raising a brow to glare at the man from across the arena. Umbra didn’t even get to tear it apart with FUTURE SIGHT.

Seriously, what was this guy doing here? Any idiot could see the cage wasn’t for the faint of heart.

She only offers a small nod as he passes, rushing for the exit. Amber eyes narrow as he flees. She’d commit his face to memory, suspicious of malintent. Umbra is returned and Lex exits the arena, moving back towards the bar for another glass of terrible whiskey, and perhaps another fight later. Her Blaziken could use a good work out.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 4:41:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: