awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ricobass
Rico Bassanello
The Rocket in White [Past/M]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 12:46:54 GMT
Rico Bassanello Avatar
Rico had just finished getting dressed, his leather gloves and boots making a satisfactory squeaking noise as he put them on. His uniform was white, contrasting most other grunts that wore black. His blue hair had been combed to perfection and lathered with gloss to make it all shiny. He really wanted to stand out!

"What do you think, Maddie? Don't I look simply faaaabulous?" The azure-haired youth asked the Meowth sitting on his bunk bed, who shook its head in response. The man rolled his eyes. "Bah, everyone's a critic! Urk-" He put a hand over his mouth, before rushing to the sink and throwing up in it.

Great, he'd gotten seasick on his first day at the job, and the submarine wasn't even moving! No, it was docked in Sootopolis' tranquil, stir-free waters. Well, at least he got to empty his stomach before meeting up with the Admin. Throwing up in front of one of his superiors would've made for a terrible first impression.

Speaking of. "Woo, I feel much better now! Let's go meet the Admin. C'mon, girl." Rico extended his hands, picking Maddie off the bed and placing her on his shoulder, which was the cat's favorite spot to perch on.

With an overconfident stride, the white-clad grunt marched up to the Admin's office, bursting through the door after knocking on it politely. "Rico Bassane- I mean, Team Rocket's Bass reporting for duty, SIR!" He cried out, standing upright like a soldier. "Darn it, I messed up my intro! Can I try that again?" He casually requested, relaxing his stance.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 2:07:07 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

For the most part, the office was bare, not by design but simply because there hadn’t been the time to ensure otherwise. The belongings of his predecessor, whoever they may have been, had been removed, and in their place the newly minted admin had been left a with a new desk, shelves full of old files documenting both Team Rocket’s finances and illicit business relations, a computer with an ironic clear sky for a wallpaper, and a couple chairs. The latter had been replaced with some more comfortable ones, borrowed while waiting for the ones he had ordered to arrive – which could admittedly take some time considering how everyone still seemed to be in the process of adjusting to Sootopolis’ new allegiances.
[break][break]
As if this were his wedding to Team Rocket: something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.
[break][break]
The thought amused him enough, although admittedly, there were a few other things essential enough for Mars to have immediately brought with him to the submarine. Things like a journal, a tablet, and the large cushion set in a corner of the office, on which an elegant Persian napped until the moment a knock upon the metallic door echoed on equally metallic walls.
[break][break]
”Bassanello.” From where he sat behind the desk, gold-toned eyes fixed on the man before him. Mars didn’t know his name because of the introduction, but because he had seen the appointment on his schedule, and ’s own file rested on the desk – a thin manila folder. ”No need to try again. Have a seat.”
[break][break]
Both his expression and tone were as neutral as could be, much alike the expression of the Persian that calmly watched the man enter the office. But, in that similarity there was also another undeniable truth: the was that of a hunter with a decision to be made.

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]

Mission - Recruitment: Act I ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Bass
he/him
March 24
Virbank City, Unova
Bisexual
POG social media
Grunt
15 height
15 height
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ricobass
Rico Bassanello
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 14:20:35 GMT
Rico Bassanello Avatar
The blue-haired youth squinted his eyes. Something about this Admin seemed familiar, like he had seen that face before somewhere. Before he could question it, his gaze fell upon the Classy Cat Pokémon that was resting on the cushion. "Woo, what a pretty Persian! Its fur looks so slick, I could just hug it!" He gushed, crouching on his knees to get a better look at the big cat.

Maddie, his Meowth, jumped off Rico's shoulder and curiously approached the Persian, walking on all fours. She looked up at the larger feline, raised her front paw near her head and meowed as if to say hello.

At Martín's request, Rico eventually got seated. He began tapping his foot against the floor, clearly still nervous, his love of cats having taken his mind off for just a moment. After a few silent seconds, he finally came up with a way to break the ice. "What do you think of my uniform, boss? I made it myself!" He proudly gestured at his white outfit.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 20:41:26 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

The CEO of Piazza Oro Grande bank owned over a dozen Persian. They were all named after currencies, and out of all of them, Dollar was without a doubt the friendliest and best behaved. He was also the strongest, and the banker’s most loyal companion. And, in here, when sitting in the office of one of Team Rocket’s admins, it was for that same strength and loyalty that he was cherished.
[break][break]
He looked at with those crimson eyes of his, barely reacting to the man’s gushing praises with a flick of his ears and a swing of his tail. The Meowth got somewhat of a better response – whiskers twitching and a low, rumbling purr.
[break][break]
”His name is Dollar.” The admin said from his seat, and it was only once Rico was also seated that he addressed him again. There was a question on his opinions, and in true Mars fashion, he took a moment to evaluate his response before giving it to the grunt:
[break][break]
”It’s good work. A statement piece, undoubtedly. Although, I would recommend wearing something a bit more subtle for your missions – unless you want to walk around with a target on yourself.”
[break][break]
Every word was honest, as was the question that followed them, even if perhaps much more blunt and to-the-point than the polite ways of the businessman that is . After all, he was no businessman at that moment.
[break][break]
”I imagine you didn’t join Team Rocket just for the fashion, though. Why are you here?”

notes

[break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Bass
he/him
March 24
Virbank City, Unova
Bisexual
POG social media
Grunt
15 height
15 height
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ricobass
Rico Bassanello
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 10:21:22 GMT
Rico Bassanello Avatar
"Dollar..." Rico nodded understandingly. A fitting name for a Pokémon owned by a rich and powerful man. The azure-haired youth pulled a Pokéball out of his pocket, revealing a Persian of his own. "This one is called Addie. Look at them, they looks like twins!" He mused, while Addie stood in front of Dollar like a mirror image, letting out a rumbling purr of his own.

Rico's blue eyebrow twitched when the Rocket Admin suggested that he refrained from wearing his white uniform in public, as if the very idea of doing things in a subtle manner was annoying to him. "What's the point of doing anything if you can't do it fashionably?" The flamboyant Grunt smugly responded, producing a single red rose from his sleeve. "Money and power are important, but above all, Team Rocket does things in style, unlike other boring gangs out there. Simply put, I've always been impressed by how good you people look while doing nefarious deeds. That's why I'm here."

Following his impassioned, if a bit eccentric speech, Rico proceeded to squint at Martín's form once again. "By the way, there's something that's been bugging me ever since coming in here. Have we met before?" He asked in a puzzled manner. "I swear your face looks familiar, and I never forget a memorable face."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 1:35:34 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

His expression was unreadable, an enviable poker face. There was no approval expressed when Rico spoke of his admiration for Team Rocket’s “style”, but there was no reproach voiced either. Whatever the admin may have thought of the grunt’s reasoning, he kept to himself, but careful judgement was still clearly made.
[break][break]
”Do you happen to find orange jumpsuits fashionable?” It was not a question meant to be answered, but a simple thing to ponder on. Mars had always been a man who cared quite a lot for his appearance, but he also knew well that he had no interest in sacrificing his freedom because his stylish attire got him noticed by League officers. Or his life, for that matter. One could be stylish and still manage subtlety. ”Or maybe caskets?”
[break][break]
Perhaps this boy didn’t really understand what he was getting into – the dangers he would face. It would be a rough wakeup call if that was the case.
[break][break]
He would have asked, but the question regarding his identity stirred the conversation in a different direction.
[break][break]
Mars held the grunt’s gaze for a moment, and once determining he definitely wasn’t someone he had met before, he extended a hand for him to shake over the desk.
[break][break]
”Martín del Mar, CEO of Piazza Oro Grande Bank.” An eyebrow was raised then, wondering if this was the reason for the recognition Rico spoke of.

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Bass
he/him
March 24
Virbank City, Unova
Bisexual
POG social media
Grunt
15 height
15 height
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ricobass
Rico Bassanello
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 8:39:38 GMT
Rico Bassanello Avatar
"O-orange jumpsuits?!" The cerulean-haired youth blurted out, the thought of wearing a prison uniform somehow shocking him more than the prospect of ending up inside a casket. Then again, being incarcerated was basically a death sentence; a handsome, yet physically weak man like Rico would be eaten alive there.

Such a dark thought was quickly brushed aside when the Rocket Admin confided his true identity. "Martín del Mar? THE Martín del Mar? World-renowned playboy and philanthropist Martín del Mar? Oh, what an honor!" Rico enthusiastically shook the man's hand. "I love POG Bank! That pink-tailed Meowth you use in your ads is just adorable!"

The grunt's own Meowth gave him a sullen look, prompting him to kneel down and pet its bulbous head. "There, there. No Meowth in the world can replace you, Maddie." He consoled the jealous feline, who purred lightly while being pet.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2022 4:03:06 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

People are always easier to deal with when you speak their language. Know what motivates them, what they crave, and what they’re afraid of, and getting them to understand this point or that one results much easier. It’s why the admin does no more than nod when hearing ’s shock, as if agreeing that orange jumpsuits are indeed terrible.
[break][break]
Then, he actually allows himself to chuckle at the enthusiastic handshake.
[break][break]
Playboy? Really? He had heard some magazines and talk shows had called him that before, but that kind of comes with being handsome and successful. Personally, Mars would like to think he has left those days behind, yet he knows well that there’s a few people who would disagree with that. Either way, he doesn’t resent the claim.
[break][break]
”That’d be me. The Meowth’s name is Cash Money, she’s actually really friendly. I bet she’d like yours a lot.”
[break][break]
Smiling faintly, his amber gaze goes from Rico to the feline in question.
[break][break]
”Maddie, is it?”

[break][break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Bass
he/him
March 24
Virbank City, Unova
Bisexual
POG social media
Grunt
15 height
15 height
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ricobass
Rico Bassanello
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 8:10:06 GMT
Rico Bassanello Avatar
"Cash Money... it's got a nice ring to it. Cash Money and Dollar!" Rico mused, hearing the POG mascot's name for the first time. It was very fitting, all things considered, what with Meowth usually being associated with money due to their weird alchemy. How else could you describe the power to create money out of thin air?

"That's right, her name is Maddie. And this handsome little man is called Addie. The two are closer than siblings." The flamboyant grunt explained, while gesturing at his own Meowth and Persian respectively, whom he dotted with much affection. "There's something so endearing about feline Pokémon, don't you think?" He added, gaining a newfound interest in talking about his favorite pets.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 11:44:45 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Endearing.
[break][break]
Considering the grunt’s words, Mars looks at the felines before him. In the past, he had never been particularly fond of cats or anything of the like, but Cash Money had been given to him when he had moved to Hoenn and become the CEO of the bank, and admittedly, she had grown to become a good companion to him. The same could be said about Dollar, perhaps even more so.
[break][break]
Is that what his Meowth and Persian are to @ricobas?
[break][break]
”Oh, I agree, but we’re not here to talk about cats, are we?” An eyebrow quirks, a slight smirk tugging at his lips. This is work, after all, and Mars will always be the kind of man to put work above all things. ”Tell me, Bassanello, what would you consider to be your talents? Aside from designing, that is.”

[break][break]

notes

[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights