Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 1:32:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

(tw: gore)[break][break]

his screams were met with her own mocking, theatrical cries, teetering into an unhealthy cackle. when it was all done, she held what she'd been able to salvage in front of her face between them, so his own bloody pupil stared back if he looked.[break][break]

”not sure what you’re on about. do you have a friend in the room?” she grinned, blood in her teeth.[break][break]

”here, i’ll help you look.”[break][break]

with his eye in-hand, she spun to hold it towards each individual present, before turning back and feigning a pout.[break][break]

”‘fraid not.”[break][break]

without removing her gaze, she clicked her tongue, as he once had.[break][break]

”let’s get on it with it, then. get him to the lab.”[break][break]

bodies moved in for the task of relocating tapu fini's avatar to the MAGMA facility, and lulu moved to the side to pluck up the jar of  preservative solution she'd stashed. with a warm smile, like a child who'd just captured a new pet worm, she plopped in the eyeball, and screwed on the lid to hold it fondly in both hands. the worm's name was victory.[break][break]

as the next horrors were assembled, her manic gaze found her brother.[break][break]

”did katherine text back? is the world ending?
[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-darkrai"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 20:00:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It's sickening. It reminds Gavin of Kanto, of a grisly reality to which he'd sooner bury in his past. Yet there exists a twisted sense of satisfaction, now, as he watches his sister mutilate the man who'd taken advantage of her.

"It'll be my turn next, Silph." Gavin looks up from the phone to stare coldly into the blank, oozing eye socket of Hoenn's famous business mogul. "You'll like that even less, I fear."

You hurt my sister.

But he does not offer up his reasoning for the hatred that burns so bright in his amber glare. Not yet. still had some time under the 'care' of Rocket's scientists and the M.A.G.M.A project before confidentiality could be assured.

's voice draws Gavin away from her handiwork.

"So she says." Any other time, Gavin might've dismissed it for theatrics, but... "I've had no word from the boss."

In other words, I'm not worried about it, yet.

's other texts don't concern him. Gavin hands the phone back to Lulu.

"If anyone can extract information, it's you. I doubt there'll be much, but..." His shoulders lift. And then he sneers. "But we'll strip him for parts, first."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 23:13:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAGMA PROCEDURE

THE MODIFICATION AND ADJUSTMENT OF GENETICS TO MAGNIFY AVATARS

WHAT SHE TAKES FROM HIM is the only spoil he’ll relinquish. for she can exact her toll on his body. pain, torture, brute force. his body is nothing but a vessel that abides by the same laws of any other mortal. he bends and breaks like the rest of them.

but as sure as the pain numbers every nerve in his face, so does the fight she incur from him. his body continues to thrash within his confines. the constant spasms help pull his attention away from his still leaking wound.

neevvveerrrrrrr.

his voice starts to crack. his throat throbs, dry despite the dripple that pools around the edge of his lips.

onnnnneeeeeee.

nothing happens as they wheel him away. whatever it means, whatever he calls for, it goes unanswered. it’s just gibberish.

to everyone else.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,396 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 0:16:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

in a life where lulu had seldom known protection, to hear her brother assure fernando that he’d be doing even more damage warmed her sick heart. it meant he cared. if only he knew what a battle it had been to internalize this very thing. the feeling would combust only hours later, with harsh words called frivolously through the dark, demons screaming about abandonment as they always did. [break][break]

but for now, she sent a malicious smirk in their captive’s direction as he was wheeled away, thoroughly satisfied and aglow with a fuzzy feeling. [break][break]

”i have no clue what he’s saying,” she repeated, pocketing fernando’s eyeball before she took the phone, swiping to reveal ’s texts. the lack of concern on the other end was not the rage she’d been craving. her nose wrinkled in a scowl, and as someone called that the magma setup was ready, her thumbs were rising to text back.[break][break]

”okay, okay, i’ll be there in a second. fuck.[break][break]

without a moment of hesitation, her fingers became a blur. when she was done, she handed the phone back to her brother and headed out the door, towards the labs. [break][break]

when she entered, the blood stains on her billowing once-white coat caught the eyes of other passing scientists. they stared, but knew better than to ask. the wild look in her eyes meant to steer clear unless assigned to the process.[break][break]

”are we ready?” she barked. answers rang out quickly from surrounding stations. a resounding yes. [break][break]

”no sense in wasting time.”[break][break]

the gun took aim, as she recalled the pain she had felt when walsh had ordered the experiment on cillian and herself. [break][break]

”beginning the procedure.” [break][break]

pressing the controls herself, she watched, listened for the satisfying screams she assumed would follow.

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 20:27:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAGMA PROCEDURE

HIS POWERS ARE EXHAUSTED. team rocket’s MONSTER TRIO pushed him to his very limits. it’s the only reason he doesn’t gas them with tapu fini’s mist upon his awakening. their ambush in slateport is what saves gavin from having lulu slit his throat open.

if only he could summon just an ounce of his power. maybe then lulu would have realized the depth of his mercy.

nev—

his voice is inaudible from the soundproof room. from their previous experiments, the quinn siblings reveal just how potent their MAGMA machine can be. but even the porous padding that lines the wall cannot silence the croon of their laser.

his screams are overshadowed by the constant croon of the beam. it strikes him straight in the chest, forcing him to cough up MISTY TERRAIN. gas bleeds from his pores and the mist immediately sinks. lifeless. pitiful compared to how he used to summon it.

the power no longer binds to his will; they are forcing it from him.

harvesting it.

tapu fini’s last form of defense is to bust open the gate to the afterlife. the legendary pokemon may not be with him, desperately ushering deeper into rocket territory, but the powers hinge off fernando’s body.

eyes peer out from the sunken MISTY TERRAIN. soulless expressions form into countless heads. the people he’s summoned. the spirits he’s manipulated. some, lulu hold close to her heart.

some, he’s used against her.

the head of an arcanine snarls in aggression, eyes linked onto the closest person. it launches itself, ready to maul and mince.

it looks to kill.

but as sure as the laser continues to dig into fernando, so too does his last defense. the head dissipates before it can reach anyone.

his body gives out, limp with the occasional convulsion.

and from the ashes of defeat, rocket gains their grandest treasure: the physical manifestation of hoenn’s most experienced avatar.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 7:29:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
presses the phone back into his hands mere moments after he'd done the same to her, and Gavin blinks down at the device, momentarily stymied by the twist in expected procedure. He shouldn't be — his sister is manic, alarmingly gleeful in her torture of , and it's obvious that her mental state is impacted.

Pressing his lips together, he pockets the device just as Lulu had pocketed an eyeball, and follows her at a brisk pace.

The sound of the absorber spinning up still inspires a bone-deep sense of dread and anxiety within him, the phantom memory of its agony inflicted upon him nestled in the depths of his psyche.

It brings him a sick sense of joy to see Silph endure the same.

"This is what you deserve."

He doesn't know, at this point, whether Silph can even hear him.

He doesn't care.

"Bring him to one of the experiment labs."

I'm going to destroy him.

Unfortunately for Gavin, he'll never get that chance.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,396 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 9:08:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the glow of the laser reflected off her grinning face. it was working. the pink mist was coughed out, but it lacked the pervasive nature that was so familiar.[break][break]
it was the glimpse into the afterlife which began to turn her smile, pinching the edges downward with concern. she could see familiar faces appear out of the mist. a gun pointing back at her, rinc’s glare still as bitter as natalia’s next to him.[break][break]
she stared back. this time, it didn’t rattle her with so much terror or resentment. they were gone. ashes to ashes, dust to dust. it was time to let all of that fade away.[break][break]
her hand came up, fingers curling in a gun shape to aim it back at her old lover—not fernando, but a truer one. alas, before she could pull the imaginary trigger, teeth sprang up, horrific and seeking blood. she jumped back, bracing and squeezing eyes shut, before it suddenly dissipated. Gone.[break][break]
her eyes opened to find only Fernando, lying there on the floor. they’d done it.[break][break]
in a daze from what she’d seen, she watched as grunts went in to move his body on to the next stage.[break][break]
eventually, she broke her silence.[break][break]
”don’t kill him yet. there is still something i want him to see.”[break][break]
his nightmare had not yet come to pass.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 9:24:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin shifts his gaze from to meet the matching amber eyes of his sister.

Don't kill him yet.

Gavin gives a soft grunt of acknowledgement.

"Sustain life," he orders of the grunts, "but don't do him any favours."

He cants his head, eyeing quizzically.

"What do you want him to see?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,396 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 12:07:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

what lulu wanted the councilman to see was more than she could tell her brother. the details of her plan were still constantly changing. she would take a number of people with her now, maybe, granted they were in agreement to leave hoenn and its world behind, to the end it so deserved.[break][break]

it was the end she had once figured she herself deserved, once upon a time—when she had not been so terribly wronged. for the universe’s crimes against her, she had been vindicated.[break][break]

still, now was not the time. gavin wasn’t ready to hear the grand idea, or so she believed. he was scared of the end, unable to see beyond the finality of all he had known.[break][break]

so, after a moment of hesitation, she lied–or rather, she didn’t tell the whole truth.[break][break]

”i want him to see the fall of everything he’s built. to watch the league and his business crumble like kanto. i’ve seen his nightmares. it’s what he fears the most, and it’s what i promised him.”[break][break]

she intended to make good on that promise. that, at least, was true.[break][break]

”we could keep him prisoner here. without his powers or his pokémon, he’s just a man, weaker than either of us.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 13:39:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I've seen his nightmares."

"You've seen mine, too."

He hasn't forgotten their conversation at the lighthouse. It haunts him when he thinks of her, how readily she'd seemed to accept the end before his own alarm had altered her course. So he'd thought. But had it, really?

"He is one man," Gavin agrees, "but so long as we have him in our custody alive, the League will never stop hunting us. You've seen what they do when we keep prisoners too long."

Miro. Lykos. Schwartz.

"How do you propose dismantling the League, Silph Co, before that happens?"

He wants to help achieve her goals, but realism chains him to his reluctance.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,396 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 14:15:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”well… take a picture, before he wakes up. we can just act like he’s dead.”[break][break]

they could text it to . it all seemed very simple to her.[break][break]

as for how to dismantle the league and silph co? that was maybe not quite so simple. still, she was riding on a high. ripping down one of the world’s most successful companies? if anyone could do it, she could. at least, that’s what the eyeball in her pocket was telling her.[break][break]

”i’ll take care of silph co—but we need to overpower the league first. aren’t we already trying to do that? please, give me this...” if the suffering ended today, it would be far too quick.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 18:37:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"You really think they'll buy that?" Gavin's expression implies his own thoughts on the matter, lips pursed and forehead lined with doubt.

Please, give me this.

He wants to. He does. But he's also seen how quickly these things can go wrong.

"Of course we're trying. But we've been trying for years. Losing Silph isn't going to suddenly make the entire League easier to manage." Folding his arms, Gavin leans his weight against one of the submarine's cold metal walls. Icy pressure against his spine doesn't improve the mood. Please. Had she ever asked him like that, before? "How much time do you think you'd need to take out Silph Co?"

The League seems an impossible titan in a short span of time; a single company, no matter how large, felt more manageable in comparison.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,396 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 1:29:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”why wouldn’t they?”[break][break]

picture of man on the ground beaten to an absolute pulp. who would call it a hoax? then again, it was the government, the lords of the art of the hoax themselves. maybe it was not so clever after all.[break][break]

”not long. like a few days, probably.”[break][break]

the pleading look in her eye was still manic as she clutched the jar with the eyeball in her pocket. self-assurance.[break][break]

”i can do this.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 14:57:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
A few days. Gavin swallows around the lump of doubt in his throat, nodding. He can give her that. He owes her that much, after everything she's been through on account of that monster.

They've kept other prisoners that long, why not Silph?

"I can give you a week," he vows, gravity heavy in his tone. And, with utmost faith, "You will do this."

She's smarter than anyone I've ever met.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 8:48:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAGMA PROCEDURE

PINK VAPOR starts to condense on the floor. it becomes thick, sludge-like in nature, but not quite viscous. it floats on a fine line between aerosol and solid, requiring their scientist to be careful in the way they collect it later. this essence, an unexplained AVATAR BYPRODUCT, will be what WALSH preserves for later use.

as lulu and gavin decide how to proceed, time slips away like fine grains of sand down an hourglass. every second wasted is another fernando managed to weasel out of them. even in his unconsciousness, his body reacts.

his dominant arm starts to atrophy. flesh becomes weak, aged with sarcopenia. muscles and meat mature disgracefully, becoming droopy before their very eyes. it almost seems alive, boiling underneath a glowing set of WISH TAG runes that shouldn’t exist.

lulu should recognize this. it’s the same arm that was bleeding out uncontrollably the last time she saw him. when she made her declaration of war.

the submarine rattles from an unknown PRESSURE. it creaks with an uneasy sway, something that should only happen when surfacing. never when docked.

the sound of metal being torn apart sets off a series of alarms. an unknown PSYCHIC power starts to force its way into the hull. steel plates are ripped off like the peel of a tropius fruit, portions of the walls caving in, crumpled inward where they cannot be forced apart.

when a hole opens up above them, they find a pokemon that should not exist. it doesn’t fit the description of anything they’ve ever encountered before. grey, alien skin covered in a psychic blue aura. psionic purple energies eclipse its very eyes.

the pokemon levitates above its self-made entrance, exerting more force as this portion of the sub starts to give way.

only when it sees fernando will they hear its voice.

it screams straight into their brain.

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_rfxh08xIBF1yjyalbo1.mp3[/player]
NEVER ONE!

WITHOUT THE OTHER!