part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 0:24:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAGMA PROCEDURE

THE MODIFICATION AND ADJUSTMENT OF GENETICS TO MAGNIFY AVATARS

PAIN IS THE FIRST FEELING that jars him awake. cuts and bruises still ooze with a freshness that polka dot him in red and purple. even something as essential as breathing causes aches to pry past broken ribs and strike him straight at the center.

heuggh.

a wheeze is the most he can manage. it taste of salt and iron. a welcome flavor that allows him to focus on their sharpness. that’s what helps him peel his eyes open despite their swollenness.

what he sees is an unfamiliar room. he presumes it to be a rocket strong hold considering the person responsible. and, to no surprise, his hands are bound to the very chair he sits on. so are his feet, tied to the legs, making anything more than a small squirm impossible.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

this thread takes place immediately after this thread: CONFLICT

the events of this thread happen concurrently with the following threads:
  • DAWN OF THE DARKEST DAY
  • ONE LAST GLEAM OF TWILIGHT

it all takes place within ONE IN-CHARACTER DAY.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 2:57:05 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It is not common practice to harm political prisoners.

, to Gavin, is a glaring exception.

While it's hardly a rare occurrence for flare-ups of the Harbinger's anger to result in expulsion of dark miasma, the thickness of the fog and its immediate prevalence within the room as he steps inside foretells threat.

Like a predator assessing its weakened prey, he stalks to the side to permit 's entrance behind him without ever taking his eyes off Silph. When he speaks, however, his words are meant only for her.

"Do as you will." His voice is velvet soft. "I'll deal with Walsh."

A tilt of his head, considering.

"Leave him alive until we've extracted what we need from him, at least."

Alive, he requests, but not unharmed.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,367 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 6:59:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
there was nothing in this world sweeter than revenge.

the head scientist’s heels clicked down the hall, but she felt like she was levitating, high on a sense of power she’d craved for too long.

when she entered the chamber, her eyes found her subject and didn’t leave. her brother’s go-ahead was merely a soft, far-off breeze to her ear. everything else in the room faded away—except for him: the beaten pulp of fernando silph. broken, filthy, and soon, worthless.

”of course,” she confirmed to gavin, distantly.

without another word, she homed in, towards the man who had once tortured her to the brink of insanity.

no. past it.

for a moment, she was quiet, only staring disdainfully down her nose at him. finally, she leaned closer.

“look at you.” her voice was hushed, almost intimate, as the edges of her mouth began to twitched upward. “how does it feel to lose so badly?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 8:02:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAGMA PROCEDURE

“W-WHAT IS IT YOU WANT? M-MONEY?”

his voice quivers. bound legs hobble against the frame of his chair. he’s shivering. whimpering. the weakness that comes with begging for one’s life exudes from a rich man who only thinks about catering to his captor’s demands.

that only lasts until gavin moves aside. when his vision is clouded by someone he used to know, fernando drops the facade. there’s no point.

ah.

with no further reason to act, fernando allows the blood to pool on one side of his mouth. it’s uncomfortable to talk but the performance demands urgency over consolation. now that she’s here, just staring at him, he lets it drool onto the floor.

makes swallowing and talking much easier.

it didn’t have to be like this you know.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,367 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 1:14:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
fernando was right, really. pursuing him had been foolish, and dangerous, as had warned. in the beginning, she’d only sought to take from him, and that had backfired terribly. to this day, she loathed herself for the mistakes. 

however, for her misdeeds, there had been no trial; no prison cell, only the living hell of a crumbling, falsified reality he'd created for her. these days, she could trust no one, not even herself, for fear her thoughts were still merely his work of  fiction.

life was nothing like it had been before. there was little meaning. what love she had found, however cherished it might be, felt just as unreal as anything else. it was anger alone that kept her moving forward. 

at his words, the smugness faded from her face, replaced with a a look of utter contempt.

”you’re right,” she agreed, as her hand reached out to where the blood dribbled from his mouth. she proceeded to smear it around his face, rough over every cut and bruise.

”but it doesn’t matter now.”

her hand fell away, and she wiped the blood off onto his bound shoulder.

”do you know why they brought you to me?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 8:21:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAGMA PROCEDURE

SHE HAS HER WAY with him. painting him in the colors of his own failure. using him as a canvas to depict her repressed vision.

but he does not succumb in the face of adversity. it hurts. his body winces. and her fingers are the salt that pries his wounds open. fresh and live. even then his voice does not stammer with the same fragility he had tried to dupe gavin with.

he’s been through worst; she’s seen the scars.

because you’re stubborn.

blood starts to pool again and it dribbles every time he stops talking.

and ungrateful.

his shoulders slump under the weight of his own head. it aches across his shoulders and torso. but his eyes remain fixed on her.

even though i gave you a way out.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,367 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 0:24:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

“tch. ungrateful.”[break][break]

her face twisted before a fist shot out into his nose.[break][break]

“i would’ve preferred prison. fucking lunatic.”[break][break]

his phone went off. it was .[break][break]

“where is it?” she walked over and held out her hand to those present off to the side. ”who has his phone? give it me.” [break][break]

after retrieving it, she read. a smirk passed her face, corrupt with disdain.[break][break]

”katherine fairburne. apparently, the world is ending.” she looked back up across the blood-dripped floor. ”it’s just like your nightmare, isn’t it fernando? here you are, too weak and lost to do anything about it...” [break][break]

cackling lowly under her breath, she fished her own phone out of her pocket—a secure anonymous line—and held it up to take a photo of him, beaten and bound. she sent it to katherine, with a small accompanying text.[break][break]

once finished, she handed the phone back over, approaching fernando again.[break][break]

“you know, you may both be snakes, but you are more of a fool than i thought if you really believe she is loyal to you. not to worry, though; she’ll be next—if, of course, she lives through whatever she’s losing her mind about right now.”[break][break]

maybe making such threats on behalf of rocket would be out of line—but after her attacks of both and , things had become very personal.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-darkrai"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 8:36:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAGMA PROCEDURE

HE TAKES THE BLOW like a champ. because he has no choice. there is no escape. just acceptance.

the only solace behind all of this is that his body is already so broken than the pain is no longer sharp. it just adds onto a heap of stings, just as uncomfortable but buried with every other infliction they’ve wasted onto him.

the sounds of his chain rattle from the impact of her blow. no equip or reply. just the silent murmur of, “never one,” while she takes a picture for her trophy case.

fairburne? she’s stronger than me. they all are. where i fall, the elite four will make sure hoenn survives.

that’s why they were created. that’s why he championed the initiative. that’s why the only worry on his mind is himself—stuck without an answer except an off-chance gamble.

because their loyalty is to the region. for it’s survival and their own.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,367 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 0:29:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”they can’t be loyal to the entire region and to themselves. that doesn’t make any sense. you’re either selfish, or you’re not. and katherine? she’s selfish.”[break][break]

how else would she have made it so far in team rocket before her turn? [break][break]

“who else? , a former prisoner of ours? , your brother? well, let’s hope the difference in blood can counteract any influence you’ve had on him.” [break][break]

there was a brief pause as she considered the last of his heroes. [break][break]

”i guess you’ve got ... and we can’t forget your champion, of course,  —but if i recall correctly, he ‘couldn’t be assed to go out in the rain’, right?”[break][break]

she grinned like the meowth that ate the chatot. the apocalyptic scenarios she’d glimpsed in fernando’s nightmare over a year ago had faded considerably in her memory, and perhaps he wouldn’t even remember them himself; but as dreams go, some details had simply stuck with her.[break][break]

”you can act like you have faith in them, but i know the truth just as well as you do. you fear they will not be enough; that all your pieces on the board, big and small, will fall to their own chaos.” she leered closer to eye level, smirk pulling even higher. “and they will.”[break][break]

”now,” she then declared sharply, ”since you clearly have no idea, let me tell you why you’re really here.”[break][break]

relishing the moment, her ruthless gaze searched hungrily for that singular crack in his psyche as she continued, ”i am gleefully assigned by team rocket to remove tapu fini’s power from your body. unfortunately, i have to leave you alive; but there is still one other thing i want from you for myself...”[break][break]

her hand reached into her pocket, soon revealing a blade which gleamed under the room's dim light.

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 1:19:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin has watched, silent and patient.

He does not buy 's act; not even enough to grace him with a response before enters the room. His sister is allowed to toy with their prisoner, cat and mouse, and not even the addition of traitor 's name to the mix stirs the underboss.

It's not until Lulu mentions leaving him alive that Gavin interjects.

"Only until we have what we want." This man had assaulted his sister, had brainwashed her into believing it was what she wanted. He'd gut the bastard himself if not for prioritizing Lulu's own vengeance. "As soon as the procedure is complete, well..."

Gavin is not needlessly cruel, violent, bloodthirsty without reason... but there is a dark, insatiable hunger in the way he looks at Fernando now. The man who'd once offered Patrick Cavalli a job at Silph Co, when everything had been different.

"We won't have need of him any longer."

I'll deal with Walsh, Gavin had promised, and meant it. If there was to be punishment for killing a powerful political prisoner, he'd suffer it gladly to see Lulu take what she was owed.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 0:07:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAGMA PROCEDURE

“YOU WERE NEVER ONE—”

there’s no rebuke. no response that can strike the nerves he needs to get out of here. so instead, he succumbs to gambling. there’s one chance to get this to work.

i believe in them the same way i believed in you.

his throat stammers and he clears it with a coarse grumble.

even after you compromised rocket…

she’s close now. he can smell her. spit on her. probably bite her should he throw all his weight into the swivel. but he refrains.“

and after i compromised what the league knew about you…

there’s no point.

i believed in you. what you could have been. all you had to do was step away.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,367 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 21:38:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

gavin’s clarification cut straight through her focus. she broke away to look at her brother for a moment, a silent thank you lingering subtly in her expression. [break][break]
well. maybe i’ll clear my schedule.”[break][break]
of course, impending death would cause any man to try and save himself. fernando, fork-tongued, continued to try and trick her. lulu’s face twisted again into disgust and hatred, and at his last line, her scream filled the room, ”enough fucking games! [break][break]
flaring like an inferno, she descended upon him, spitting his condemnation, quick, emphatic, and wild-eyed.[break][break]
”as good as killing you would feel, it would be too great of a mercy. i know your life is miserable as it is; the way you grind and grind because no one can do it like you can, can they, fernando?[break][break]
i will make what is left of your life a living hell like no one else in this world can, until you shrivel up and die in the darkest dark you can imagine. hungry, broke, and forgotten, with no one left to fight for you, or the second region your family will have failed. that is my power. my promise. your nightmare was prophecy.”[break][break]
she stopped to take a deep, grounding breath, practically quivering in her anger and bitterness. then, after a moment of silence, she continued at a deceptively less aggressive level.[break][break]
”you will witness the fall of everything you have lived for; however, what’s left of your existence will not be spent whole.”[break][break]
the knife in her hand went to drag beneath his chin, still too light to pierce his skin—yet.[break][break]
”because of you, i can no longer see the world as it really is. i fear anything good that happens to me is still just you messing with my head. it’s a sad life to live. maddening, even. you’ve completely crippled my perception.”[break][break]
”i am an eye for an eye kind of person. so, fernando….”[break][break]
she pulled the knife back some to gleam in front of his face, its pointy tip alternating side to side at his options.[break][break]
”right or left?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 3:01:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAGMA PROCEDURE

TO CALL IT MISERABLE shows how little she knows him. there is no defeat in the eyes of silph. only triumph—a chance to conquer a world that disparages and disregards those who make a difference.

that’s what ignites a silent hope within his heart.

i do it because i must.

i’m the only one who can.

that is his triumph. his ambition. his reason for being.

but he does not expect her to understand it. no one understands it. which is why they cave. which is why they falter where he stands. even when the odds are against him. he does not give up.

you were happy lulu and you threw it away. for what?

he looks her in the eye. both of his into both of hers. eye for an eye.

once you do this, you can never go back.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,367 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 20:01:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

happy. [break][break]
she stared back at his question, perplexed and quiet. perhaps he wasn’t as privy to her thoughts as she had guessed, for now that her memories were back in order, lulu could quite vividly recall that she’d always been miserable. she had hardly felt the sun shining on her face for the first time in years when she’d stepped out of maximum-security prison.[break][break]
no, the happiness fernando was referring to must have been what he’d ultimately failed to create in her. smiles, like flowers freshly planted in an everlasting drought. his garden had dried and fissured, and from its chasms now licked the flames of hell.[break][break]
she laughed, soft, and then louder, until it was practically maniacal. [break][break]
”but i’m too far gone already, don’t you think?” [break][break]
”and oh, fernando…” her hand tangled into his hair roughly to hold him in place. she got so close that her forehead pressed to his—not like a lover, but like a wild bull, glaring at him right under his own eyelashes. ”i’ve never been happier than i am right now.”[break][break]

(tw: gore)[break][break]

still grinning, she leaned back to plunge the knife into his right eye, twisting the blade, undeterred by the filth that spewed. once the muscles had been properly severed, she scooped it out of his skull like an oyster. [break][break]
her prize.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE MAGMA PROCEDURE
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 20:35:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAGMA PROCEDURE

HER FINGERS HOLD HIM in place. he can feel her skin pressed against his own. once upon a time, it would have been mutual. the same stare distorted under his own fairytale illusion. now he stares into what she truly is.

he doesn’t flinch.

(tw: gore)

well, until she fucking stabs him.

when the knife plunges into flesh he immediately bucks. the chains rattle against his squirming as he writhes in place. pain shoots across the entirety of his body as she forces him to gush blood and goo.

throughout his life, fernando has felt many pains. injuries coat his body in bruises and scars. all of them hurt but none have really pained him. not since he was a mere child, nearly bisected as a pokemon tried to eat him alive.

that one incident has steeled him for every pain that followed. nothing will ever hurt as bad as that.

until now.

screams from the top of his lungs are ear piercing. raised to a volume that none have ever heard from him. no amount of yelling can match the sheer wail that cries what his tears can never match.

"never!"

translucent bits of the membrane that spills lands on the floor.

"one!"

the clatter of metal and wood go deaf as his lungs empty into their ears.

"neeeevvvver onnnneeee!"