violet, johto
bisexual
enforcer
grunt
you've got a
hold on me
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
144 posts
Calem Pollet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calem
Calem Pollet
taste consumption
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 2:39:02 GMT
Calem Pollet Avatar
The Vivid Silk Gallery was a newer installation in Lilycove. Calem could remember when father first thought of opening a gallery in Hoenn. This was before the war, of course, and it was set to be in Slateport. Rocket's previous expansion into the region had razed the construction to the ground; an unfortunate loss that had paid dividends back in insurance. Hoenn had been written off as too unstable until recently. Lilycove was the next best pick.

A few months of work in fixing the old, flood damaged building and now it stood. Open and already with a waiting list of high class clients begging to get in. Father had sent over some pieces from their other galleries to line the walls for now. While they already had a long waiting list of hopeful artists applying, until they passed through the rigorous task of approval it would have to do.

Tickets were costly. Anyone who was anyone in the art world in this Region would want in. Anyone who had extra money to spend and show off how rich they were would want in, too.

Of course, Calem could get anyone he wanted in for free. Since he owned the place.

Which was how, on one of the much coveted Saturday showcase nights, he had gotten a slot at his side.

The guards were under strict orders to keep people away from them. The last thing he needed, or wanted, was for someone to try and schmooze while he was with his blue haired date.

"This piece," Calem started, motioning to a large wood and metal statue. A human figure was twisted into a warped shape, looking to be both in pain and ecstasy at the same time. A cracked heart gave the illusion of leaking down it's chest, pulled apart by it's own hands. "Is from a lovely artist in Unova. She wanted to capture the 'rapture and freedom of heartbreak', as she put it. What do you think?"

They hadn't been here very long, but Mint would soon learn a dark secret about Calem: He was autistic for art.
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
taste consumption
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 3:14:26 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint was acutely aware of the art gallery in Lilycove. From the shut down that happened due to flooding, to the ongoing reconstruction, to now the opening of the new and improved exhibit. He was aware. He'd kept tabs on it eager to avoid going near it or even being much of a public presence if he saw familiar names. Fisk. Anything Fisk. Him, , Alonzo. As much as he claimed to have dissociated form that life completely he was still scared. Scared they'd see him again and he couldn't pass as a commoner. Scared someone else obsessed with his family might recognize him. [break][break]

He hated the place. It gave him anxiety. But after a glance online at the planned exhibits as well as how bougie it'd become, the worry slowly faded for him. Until he got a phone call...from a prospective suitor- [break][break]

Suitor is a weird word, Mint. [break][break]

Until he got a phone call from a hot boy- [break][break]

Better. [break][break]

had hoped to bring him in. How the man had gotten tickets he had no clue, but he imagined through work. If his last dinner with him and the black card at the beach were any indication, Calem was doing well for himself. Not that he cared. He liked Calem. Just thinking that made him blush a little. The fact that he wanted to see him again was enough to make Mint agree to anything. Including visiting this godforsaken art exhibit. [break][break]

But despite his nerves, which he would pass off to Calem as feeling inadequately dressed, it was easy to forget about all that. He was a nobody here, recognizing high profile artists and even a couple of dealers from long ago., But they don't meet his eyes ever, following his date instead. That's fine. He liked being invisible. [break][break]

Despite the bit of attention, they were mostly left alone somehow. But he's not bored, following around with light steps as Calem gave him a small tour. He seemed pretty excited, in his own way. Mint thought it cute. "I like the different materials...it gives it a cool texture-" he paused. "I think it's on the nose and her inspiration translated well. I like that if u move around the face angle sort of changes from happy to hurt." he added, leaning on Calem for a moment to prove his point before standing up straight again. "Yeah, it changes." he snickered before continuing. "Do you like sculptures a lot or, just art in general?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images3.imgbox.com/16/85/t0WwXljS_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

yams

butcher
he/him
november seventh
violet, johto
bisexual
enforcer
grunt
you've got a
hold on me
22 height
22 height
awards
144 posts
Calem Pollet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calem
Calem Pollet
taste consumption
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 3:34:36 GMT
Calem Pollet Avatar
, amazingly, doesn't seem that deterred by his enthusiasm. This, for a long time, will be the closest that the other will see of the real Calem. The Calem that wasn't a carefully crafted version of what people wanted him to be. His passion was real. His opinions were real. Art was the only link he had between who he really was and what he had to be. It was the only thing keeping his even mildly human.

Calem listens to Mint's opinion on the piece the same way he would listen to another high value critic. A pleasure only few got, not that Mint was aware.

"I do agree, it is on the nose. I think the technical skill in mixing the two mediums so seamlessly makes up for it, though." Calem accepts the leaning, finding the smile on his face sits there more naturally than usual.

"I greatly enjoy art. It is such a precise skill that can inspire so many emotions. Do you enjoy art, Mint?"
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
taste consumption
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 5:56:20 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

He's none the wiser of Calem's nature, simply attributing it to a nerd streak which he would happily indulge. After all, he'd majored in art history...he'd made some of his own as well. While the relationship was strained, toxic even he could at least converse with Calem on even ground. "Well...I'd have to agree with that." he said with a nod. [break][break]

"I like it." Mint said without much thought, though he seemed to hide his eyes as he looked away from Calem as the most opportune moment and continued speaking. "But it's the kind of like from afar. I couldn't pick up a pen, you know?" He'd never pick up a paintbrush again. [break][break]

He had said. And yes twice now...he'd gone back on that and painted. [break][break]

"Have you tried your own hand though? At sculpting or...sketching?" Mint asked, perking up as he slammed the conversation back to Calem.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images3.imgbox.com/16/85/t0WwXljS_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

butcher
he/him
november seventh
violet, johto
bisexual
enforcer
grunt
you've got a
hold on me
22 height
22 height
awards
144 posts
Calem Pollet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calem
Calem Pollet
taste consumption
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 23:11:53 GMT
Calem Pollet Avatar
The question is dolled back.

Calem doesn't flinch. In his pocket, out of sight, his hand tightens. Just a moment, the leather of his glove creaking, before relaxing. The brief memory flickers under the surface. His mother laying on the bathroom floor. Blood under his nails. Father's voice a snarl. Tears coating his cheeks and screams thick in his throat as a rhythmic snap echoes.

The intrusive childhood memories are pushed away. Outside, Calem is just fine. Nothing has changed.

"Only when I was a child." Calem seems almost sheepish as he answers. "No talent for any crafts. So, I will just enjoy the work of those with more skill." Content to brush past this conversation, no doubt as much as was, Calem tried to wrap a sly arm around the other. Rest on Mint's hip, so he could guide him to the next piece.

"This one is by... ah, yes, ." There is a small frown as Calem eyes the piece up and down. This was one of the sculptures sent by Father to pad out the collection here until he got more stable artists to sponsor on his own. "Have you heard of the Fisk family, Mint?" If Mint could dig claws into old wounds and not know it, so could Calem.

"They're very... unusual in the art field. A whole family dedicated to art. Tops of the field, some would say. Yet... is it not odd for every one of their brood to do art? Different mediums, no less?" He glances back at the piece in question, a small shrug. "I find most of the work they do quite... hollow. Impressive and popular, yes, but it lacks something I can't quite put a finger on."

In that regard, Calem was unusual for a critic. Most of the rest of the art world, even his own Father, fell all over themselves for the Fisk family's art of all kinds.
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
taste consumption
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 2:42:12 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint nodded, listening to Calem as he gave one last look over the sculpture before turning his attention back to his date. "Agreed...it's still fun to watch." He left it at that letting the redhead guide him towards their next stop. He didn't really have much of a desire to walk around, more interested in soaking up the attention with Calem. His placid smile tightened at the next artist name. Luci. He missed him.[break][break]

Luci had been traveling when he'd ended up in the hospital. Not planned or anything, just absolutely foul timing. He knows his brother's work, hasn't kept up with it but when Calem reads out the name it fits into the man's style. While Luci is good memory, the Fisk Family name is not. "I know they're all famous....and they're all patrons of the arts." he said, eyes on 's work lest he betray anything. He had to acknowledge them, after all. They were mainstream artists. Luci was on instagram for gods' sake.[break][break]

But, as uncomfortable as he is with the subject, he can't help but feel his interest piqued at Calem's own thoughts. He lacked the same reverence most did when it came to the Fisk's. Astounding in a way, as there was a sibling with a talent for all types of people. "The Fisk Family is really good at branding." he said with a snort, almost a little too bitterly. He tried to reel it back in. "You'd think with so many of them you'd find someone you liked." he added lightly. After all, that was their appeal. Someone for everybody. Like AKB48. [break][break]

Maybe he'd caught on how fabricated it all was. Their work was their own sure, but it wasn't without influence from Noemi. She kept them mainstream, popular. She pushed their appeal, manicured their appearances. An unpopular marriage that she had vowed to make an empire out of spite. "If he doesn't pique your interest, show me something that does." Mint suggested, inserting a clear break out of this conversation with a quick grin. Thinking about the Fisk's always made him a little more bitter, a little angrier. Best to get away form it completely, especially while on a date.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

yams

butcher
he/him
november seventh
violet, johto
bisexual
enforcer
grunt
you've got a
hold on me
22 height
22 height
awards
144 posts
Calem Pollet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calem
Calem Pollet
taste consumption
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 17:52:45 GMT
Calem Pollet Avatar
A small shake of the head.

"There was one I was interested in vaguely, once upon a time. Potential was there for something deeper, but it always felt stifled." And that particular artist hadn't made anything in a long time.

But, Calem wasn't here to chat about the Fisk family. proposes a interesting question to him.

"Well...." There is that temptation to lie. Calem could talk about art and all it's merits for hours. Even from things he didn't like. While this particular marble piece of 's was not his favorite, any good critic could point out what worked about it as well as what didn't. It would be so easy to pick out a piece he thought that Mint might like and talk it up.

Some how he didn't want that. Not this time.

"The things here are all lovely in their own way." Is what he finally answered with, pausing to glance over at the other. "But my absolute favorite piece is back in my home. It makes all of this-" A brief motion around them. "Look cheap and commercial."
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
taste consumption
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 19:10:40 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Ah, so there had been one. Fisk branding at its finest. He wondered who'd Calem's eye and stifled a laugh when he looked back at Luci's work. Definitely not his brother. He wondered if the man was courting someone, more used to the man's abstract work. Regardless, the man was doing well and that's all he could ask for. [break][break]

Mint pulled his attention back to Calem as he seemed to consider his question a little more than usual. That's exciting. Maybe he was taking him seriously, or maybe there was just that many greats in Calem's eyes. He nodded along to the man's tempered answer. OF course, of course. It was in his art gallery after all of course he had to find some value or beauty in all of it. Or at least, the potential for it to sell big. [break][break]

"That wonderful, huh?" he asked, eyes following his date's hand before settling back on Calem. "Can I see it?" His hand would slip into Calem's own, if allowed, and he'd flash another, cheekier grin. "I can't return the favor though...I don't own my favorite piece." Because it'd been sold off. It was gone now but he could still remember the vivid strokes of a place so much different than his own at the time. The idle dreams of a child, put to canvas far taller than himself.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

yams

butcher
he/him
november seventh
violet, johto
bisexual
enforcer
grunt
you've got a
hold on me
22 height
22 height
awards
144 posts
Calem Pollet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calem
Calem Pollet
taste consumption
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 21:58:37 GMT
Calem Pollet Avatar
"It's beautiful." Calem thinks of the piece hanging in his living room. The very showpiece of his home; the whole decor of his living room was selected to make the painting stand out.

's hand is more than welcome. Calem's face softens as he tangles his fingers with the other's, squeezes his hand gently.

"If you'd be willing." There is a slight flush there, as if what Calem is asking is clandestine. "I don't make it a habit of taking pretty men home with me." A truth and a lie. Calem never took his partners home with him- they got hotel rooms and other impersonal spaces.
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
taste consumption
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 22:29:21 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

At first he's only a little cheeky, eager to get away from his past. But as Calem remained thoughtful, caught up in whatever this painting was or meant for him, Mint's own expression softened. This thing really had a hold of him, huh? He clung to the man returning a squeeze and a happy smile. As much as he'd been charmed many times before by the red head in front of him, he kind of liked this side too. It felt more intimate, calmer. [break][break]

It's not the thrill that Calem gave him when they flirted, but that's ok. When Calem blushed, Mint's eyes do not dare look away wanting to memorize this moment in time. Their words make him stumble, bringing heath to Mint's face. He'd been about to spout off with something coy, something flirty but... Calem sounded too genuine for that right now. "I'd love to." [break][break]

He wanted to see the magic for himself. What exactly had such a hold on his date? "I don't make it a habit of following pretty men home..." he mimicked, tucking a strand of hair behind his ears. "But I'll make an exception for you, Calem." He brought their clasped hands together, kissing Calem's knuckles before nodding up at him. A gesture to lead on. Ok. Maybe he was feeling a little flirty.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

yams

butcher
he/him
november seventh
violet, johto
bisexual
enforcer
grunt
you've got a
hold on me
22 height
22 height
awards
144 posts
Calem Pollet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calem
Calem Pollet
taste consumption
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 16:08:40 GMT
Calem Pollet Avatar
There is a soft acceptance. Calem feels like a predator dragging his hunt back to his den. We chance the scene.

His penthouse is on the top floor. In the fancy part of Lilycove, the rich part of Lilycove. His key-card slides through the locks to get inside the building and gold filigreed elevator brings them up top. It's quiet this evening between them. A lock in the door plus a pin code to enter his place- something would need to remember in the future. If he ever came over again.

The soft tinkle of running water greets them when the door is open. It smells like lemons and chocolate undercut with something clean. It's blue, lots of blue, paired with dark colored browns and the occasional cream. His place is huge inside, just the living room alone. A waterfall is used as a wall, failing to hide the stairs behind that lead up to his room. Even in the darkness it shines with the lights of the city outside.

A massive window overlooks the city proper and the ocean.

Calem steps inside and turns up the lights- having a dimmer rather than a switch. It makes a hung hoop decoration above shine and cast off small specks of rainbow light from the crystals it's studded with.

"Please, have a seat anywhere you like." is offered, kindly, and Calem moves over to a small bar half hidden along the indent of a wall. "Would you like something to drink?" Many rich and expensive alcohols sit behind him- but there is a mid sized fridge full of non alcoholic as well should Mint choose that.

"The painting is there." He nods his head to a wall with a large television. Calem presses a button and the wall shifts, hiding the television inside and revealing the piece of art in question.

It's not fully finished which may be seen as unusual. A field of sunflowers. No name on the canvas. From where Calem stands, he leans on the bar and sighs.

"Isn't it lovely? I got it as a gift. No name, no idea who created it. Not even finished... but its breathtaking. The melancholy is palpable when you look at it."
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
taste consumption
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 18:08:14 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

He's not exactly sure what he's expecting, aside from general opulence. He can feel the change as Calem strode with him past a secured lobby and into a beautiful elevator. It hits him that he accepted going home with another man and he felt the nerves begin to bubble up. He'd done plenty well avoiding this kind of situation, not wanting to ruin a mood or make things between him and Calem awkward. [break][break]

That worry is promptly forgotten when he lets him into his home. It's hard now to be impressed when his own apartment was probably a third as big as this one. It's been long enough without excess and opulence that it impresses him again. Which he would find a little funny in retrospect. But it's nice...not as sparsely decorated as he'd imagined. "Is that a wall fountain?" he can't help but ask mouth agape in excitement. The height of luxury had been achieved. [break][break]

He swallowed looking up and following the stairs that led up to the bedroom before pointedly looking out the window, which was practically floor to ceiling. The view is amazing, unobstructed like his own apartment's. He didn't need to go to the roof to see the ocean. It's pretty, designed by a professional. He wouldn't doubt it if the décor was custom made for this place. Or maybe...Calem just had an eye for pretty things. [break][break]

"Um...just a water to start, please." he said as he found himself sticking close to his host and taking a seat by the bar, still taking in Calem's apartment. It even smelled nice here. "Oh?" That's right- the painting. The apple of his date's eye. It's even protected, hidden behind a flat screen tv. He's not ready for the reveal. That much is clear when his blood runs cold at the sight. [break][break]

Sunflowers. sunflowers painted in layers and layers of different colors, overly saturated, messy. Desperate strokes coat the canvas and pieces of it are wiped and scraped off to improve it before it dried fully. He can smell the paint thinner, the old food. See the mess of paints on the ground, the tear stains on canvas that he tried so hard to hide. It's almost finished but at what cost? [break][break]

It's hard to breath all of a sudden. Calem sighed like a school girl and he turned his head just slightly, seafoam green eyes wide and just barely able to control the pure horror and hatred mixing in, pooling from years long past. That- that thing that had been taken from him. That was what Calem loved so much. That thing is what made him so vulnerable. [break][break]

He hates it. That thing that he tried to replicate so desperately and failed to. Sunflowers huh? Should've burned it when he had the chance. His stomach felt weird, and found his hands griping at his pants, anything to ground him. He's with Calem, on a date. Calem's rich. Calem owns an art gallery. Calem is a prime target for bribes- and yet. He wants to puke. That'd be rude. [break][break]

"You..." he voice is barely above a whisper and he hopes it sounded more reverent than panicked. "You'd say it's melancholic? Sunflowers are usually rather happy in media." he said carefully, pulling at this man's process, eyes glued to his host. No idea who gave it to him- where it came from- Unfinished huh. "Anonymous work is pretty rare nowadays...no matches found not even for a man in your field?" he asked desperately trying to keep his voice light and sweet despite how his hand hand moved to digging into the barstool he sat on.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

yams

butcher
he/him
november seventh
violet, johto
bisexual
enforcer
grunt
you've got a
hold on me
22 height
22 height
awards
144 posts
Calem Pollet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calem
Calem Pollet
taste consumption
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 18:31:21 GMT
Calem Pollet Avatar
For what it's worth, Calem doesn't notice.

He's a man who prides himself on reading people. On forcing them to tell him secrets. Yet here in his home he had let his guard down. could do anything to him he wanted. Work the redhead like putty in his hands as long as that painting is out.

So Calem fetches a crystal glass and puts perfectly clear ice cubes inside. Sparkling water is poured from a tap. A bottle of strawberry is grabbed from the fridge for himself; to be polite since Mint didn't want alcohol. Coming from behind the bar, he smiles sweetly at Mint and sets the glasses down on his table, under coasters of course. Yet when he sits his eyes inevitably find their way back to the art piece.

He has no idea that Mint is watching him so closely.

Mint would be able to see how his face softens. The person that Calem could have been, that Mint doesn't know doesn't really exist, shows for a moment. A soft look of vulnerability.

"The man claimed it was a Fisk, but I've never seen anything like this come from any of them." Calem sounds like he still doesn't believe it. "Also no records of a piece like this. The art world is tight knit in it's own way. This wouldn't have went under the radar from such a famous family." Even here Mint couldn't escape that name.

"I'm still not sure what she thought she would gain by lying to me with her gift. I only kept it because... well..." He makes a vague motion at the piece with his glass.

"When I look at it... it feels fuzzy, like a dream you wake up from and you want so badly to go back to. You can see the desperation in each stroke. This lovely scene is haunted by something." For a moment, just a moment, the smile he always kept thins. Calem's eyes, fixated still on the painting, seem to be elsewhere. "It's a cheery facade to hide misery underneath. It's a final plea for something to change. This painting is so faceted that... well, it's a shame I don't know who made it."

Calem glances back over to Mint, finally, pulled from whatever trance he had been in. He gives a small and sheepish smile, as if embarrassed.

"Sorry if I'm boring you."
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
taste consumption
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 19:35:14 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Under any other circumstance, Mint would want nothing more than to be close to Calem, to have those soft eyes on him for even just a moment. But here, confronted with the shadows of a life he thought he'd broken free, he just wanted to get away. All these years, all the sacrifices he'd made- All the work he'd put into changing himself to become something he actually wanted to be just...gone. He felt empty, beaten down. Like none of it mattered because they- IT still managed to make him feel so small, worthless. [break][break]

And yet Calem loved it so much. It hurts. He never wanted to go back to caring about his art, what it made others feel but he cared about Calem. And he liked that Calem liked it. As much as it hurt to remember. Mint's fingers ghost over his wrists protectively, remembering the hurt and the fear. He's so much happier now, why make him go back? Why? [break][break]

He wished he could just watch Calem and enjoy their quiet time together but that painting put him on edge. He took a sip of his water, and hopes Calem doesn't notice his hand shaking. He doubted it, seeing the magnetic pull that art piece had on him. To think- bested by himself. And not even his favorite version of himself. [break][break]

If he were stronger, maybe he couldn't crushed the crystal in his hands. A Fisk. Bastards. "Just showed up...out of the blue like magic??" his smile is sickly sweet and he felt himself tensing up lie ka rubber band being pulled far beyond its limits. Of course there were no records, because it was stolen from the fucking source. Another sip of water. He wanted to throw up. [break][break]

He doesn't remember why he'd focused on sunflowers. He's not sure if it had been a little ad at random or passing a field. It had just been a focus...a change from fiction to something more realistic. And yet...he couldn't quite pull away from those flights of fancy. That much is true by the strange choice in colors. Still...he doesn't like how Calem describes it. He doesn't like that the man is right. [break][break]

How long has he been staring at this thing, dissecting it for meaning? He opened his mouth to say something and stopped himself. He doesn't want to ruin whatever Calem felt towards his art. After all...the relationship of viewer to art piece is always varied. That's what made art so lovely... Regardless of how the artist felt about their own creations. Gods, how can something so dreadful accompany something so pretty? Mint blinked trying to snap out of his own thoughts. "N-No...I wanted to know. I-..." He swallowed trying to disentangle the good from the bad about this evening. He could cry if it weren't for those eyes on his own. "I think it's wonderful you love it so much...thank you for showing me." his eyes finally dip down towards his glass. He should've asked for a shot tequila. Knock him right off his ass. Forget this whole thing ever happened.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

yams

butcher
he/him
november seventh
violet, johto
bisexual
enforcer
grunt
you've got a
hold on me
22 height
22 height
awards
144 posts
Calem Pollet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calem
Calem Pollet
taste consumption
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 22:52:29 GMT
Calem Pollet Avatar
What Calem sees reflected back in 's eyes is vulnerability.

Like the monster he is, Calem would pounce on it. Use that small crack as leverage to get what he wanted.

This time he doesn't.

It's as if the painting has mollified him. Or maybe something about those seaglass green eyes makes the terrible thing he calls a heart lurch. Whatever it is, Calem isn't done toying with his food just yet.

"You're nervous." Gentle, of so gentle, like Mint was made of the finest lace. For the real reason Calem could never guess.
So, of course, his conclusion is wrong when he tries to think about why that might be.

Turning to face the other, the Mint of now and away from the ghost of his past, Calem holds out his hand to him. Palm up. A little shift, a scoot, to bridge a bit of the gap between them on the couch.

"I hope you don't think I'm... expecting something of you, Mint." He, like Mint had before, glances up at the waiting shadows of where his bedroom hid. "I didn't bring you here with that intention. I, ah... not to say I wouldn't, you're very pretty, but... ah."
His cheeks turn bright pink and he glances away. As if he stuck his foot in his mouth by accident.

Something whirls in his mind and he wonders why he's bothering with this. Why Mint not smiling is eating at the void in his chest in discomfort.

Calem clears his throat and licks his lips. He glances back at Mint with something like determination.

"I really like you, Mint. I want to treat you as something more than... a booty call."