Dal-yong Nam DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dalyong
Dal-yong Nam
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 4:21:42 GMT
Dal-yong Nam Avatar
[nospaces]

On one hand, it was a bit of a surprise for contact with this one to have been kept— but at the same time, she always was one of the only ones he seemed to genuinely gravitate towards during his time with Rocket.[break][break]

It hadn’t been so long since he’d last seen her, and yet, it still felt like ages since he’d last seen her. The given scene would be considered an odd place to catch up, as well—what with the unusually unnerving atmosphere—but he, at least, felt personally at home in places such as the given, anyways.[break][break]

”So~?” he started off before long, turning his head only the faintest bit in order to catch by the edge of the peripheral. A soft, idling smirk tugged upon his lips as they walked along. ”You seem to be doing better for yourself, nowadays~. How’s life as a free bird been treating you, mmn?”

[break]
notes

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 3:38:46 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

ah yes, the past. not something she thinks fondly on, but still something that likes to chatter, incessantly, in ones ears. take this man, for example; even though she's been long since kicked out and abandoned by rocket, he hasn't seemed to forgotten her (nor their shared love for ghost type pokemon, giratina bless his soul. [break][break]

speaking of which, "mmn?" she hums, idly glancing over her shoulder and to the man she walks along with. muted violet and greyish blue glaze over him for a moment before her gaze returns to the path ahead. "i wouldn't say doing better" a smile tugs at her lips, a gastly floating along at her side. "it gave me a lot of free time to myself, though. gave me the time to do a lot of my own soul searching."[break][break]

no, the irony is not lost to her. [break][break]

"and how's rocket? still trying to "play hero" in their own way?~" there's a cold bite to her tone, if you listen carefully.

[break]
hiiii

close tab

played by

Liekos

Ryeong
He/Him
Twenty-Seven
November 10th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Pansexual
Grifter
Associate
i'm trippin'
for no reason
42 height
42 height
you done got yourself with the wrong guy
awards
111 posts
Dal-yong Nam DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dalyong
Dal-yong Nam
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 5:12:50 GMT
Dal-yong Nam Avatar
[nospaces]

”Some would say having the room to breathe and get clarity is better~.”[break][break]

He hummed following the words, a smile tugging upon his own lips as his attention momentarily drifted towards the ghastly ghost similarly drifting by. Pursing his lips softly, his eyes narrowed within an instinctive and absentminded sense of amusement, and he reached his hand out to gently run his hand along the wisps of its form— regardless of whether or not it had been a fruitless endeavor amidst intangible fumes.[break][break]

He pulled his hand back, crossing one hand over the other within a leisurely manner. ”’Playing’ is subjective, truly, but the short of it is yes, I suppose~.” Lulling his head faintly, he gave a soft sigh while rolling his neck within a gradual pace, though not without resting it towards a shoulder as he peered towards her once more. Despite knowing the context of her tone, the smile he wore seemed to grow slightly. ”Though the methods are skeptical as always, it isn’t necessarily for nothing. Progress in chaos. You know how it is~.”

[break]
notes

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 19:51:38 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he's casual as ever, and she has to wonder what makes him so casual and laid back. especially considering that she's an ex-member. there has to be some kind of clause in place so that those no longer associated with rocket won't try to do anything, right? or maybe now, under new leadership, they're so confident in their abilities and force that they won't have to worry about diglett or rattata. it's hard to tell in its glaring hubris. [break][break]

"ah, yes" the wry smile is maintained on her lips as she watches a man run his fingers through the wisps of a ghost, who seemed to shudder, slightly, at the foreign touch. not that the man would feel anything, the poor gastly felt violated. oh, his poor, unfortunate, undead soul. [break][break]

"we both know you're just in it for the chaos," along with his own agenda, that she's never quite understood "and i'm relieved that the needlessly, elaborate mind still has a simple goal." otherwise he'd be even more dangerous, would he not? it'd probably mean more trouble. "and?" she asks, perking up slightly "have you made progress with your own ghost observations?~"

[break]
a

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 3:51:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FURRET APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KEEN EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FOLLOW ME
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FORESIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HATTERENE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HEALER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LIFE DEW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AROMATHERAPY

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Liekos

Ryeong
He/Him
Twenty-Seven
November 10th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Pansexual
Grifter
Associate
i'm trippin'
for no reason
42 height
42 height
awards
111 posts
Dal-yong Nam DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dalyong
Dal-yong Nam
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 5:27:33 GMT
Dal-yong Nam Avatar
[nospaces]

And the resources they have to offer along the way. Don’t forget about that~.” A chuckle began to sound in tandem to the tail end of the words, altogether. Though a second hadn’t escaped his lips within the midst of the next line she had to offer, his lips simply tugged further up—albeit faintly—in display of his amusement. ”That aside, though, I can’t help but feel like you’re overcomplicating me more than what’s truthful~...”[break][break]

A lie? Doubtful, but still unproved, nonetheless.[break][break]

His gaze strayed for a moment in light of a couple of creatures entering the scene, and after some minor debate (and a spark of familiarity at the sight of one), he reached for a Pokeball before tossing it out towards the brightly colored Pokemon as it passed through.[break][break]

”...Everything is more or less the same as always, though.” He watched as the capsule dropped to the ground and began to shift and rattle, his smile fading slightly as a more pensive hum sounded from him. ”Progress? Not quite. More studies in nature? Plenty. There’s only so much that can be done when you have a Pokemon that literally steals souls, and yet…has no other way to communicate with them, otherwise..”[break][break]

(tl;dr: catch attempt on hatterene)

[break]
notes

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 7:48:27 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

maybe two years ago, marisol would have blindly agreed and went with his words; hung onto each other like they were a gospel and he was the priest of this holy ground. she knows better now, and only shrugs and hums at his response. she knows a man who lies for a living isn't someone dumb, or stupid, but typically more playful and suave. they were always the most troublesome to work with. [break][break]

she watches, idly, as the ball contains the large, witch-like pokemon into it. after a low hum, she narrows her eyes, quirks a brow, and has to wonder "wouldn't a simple psychic or a pokemon with telepathy be a simple solution?" she asks so casually, watching as a furret scrambles its way through. marisol only watches for a little while before casually throwing a pokeball at the long, furred creature.

[break]
catching furret

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 3:26:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ROTOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHOCK WAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]OMINOUS WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE TEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MILCERY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWEET VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWEET SCENT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENTRAINMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AROMATHERAPY

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Liekos

Ryeong
He/Him
Twenty-Seven
November 10th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Pansexual
Grifter
Associate
i'm trippin'
for no reason
42 height
42 height
awards
111 posts
Dal-yong Nam DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dalyong
Dal-yong Nam
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 4:36:02 GMT
Dal-yong Nam Avatar
[nospaces]

…Oh, that one would actually be pretty useful to him.[break][break]

Keen as ever, he kept his eyes upon the scenery while lending his ears, alone, to the conversation. Yet again, he reached for a vacant capsule upon sighting a certain, erratic little spirit as it blipped to and fro, in and out of existence. He watched it with a careful eye, doing his best to track its movements and note whatever sort of pattern he could be tossing the Pokeball out.[break][break]

He watched as it made contact and began to rustle, smirking softly to himself contently.[break][break]

”If said Psychic Pokemon were able to communicate with the dead, maybe~.” He gave a small sigh, crossing his arms softly and averting his gaze towards her for a moment, once more. ”As far as I know, most can only communicate telepathically between living beings. If you’re aware of any that can seek out the dead, then I’m all ears.”[break][break]

(tl;dr: catch attempt on rotom)

[break]
notes

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 4:46:53 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

ah, that's right. he was trying to communicate with the dead. [break][break]

not just pokemon, although that would probably be a good stepping stone, considering the amount of pokemon who were supposedly once people. how morbid. if only that stopped her from trying to perform any sort of experiment on the poor, supposedly departed souls f the dead. it didn't. [break][break]

she watches as a little fairy passes in her peripheral, and she casually tosses a pokeball at the little bundle of floating milk. although "my idea was using a psychic pokemon to act as a translator between yourself and your own ghost pokemon" which she thinks would be.. fair and useful enough, despite the fact that the words of the dead would have to go through two different outlets of translation. for all she knows, meanings and words could get lost. but she shrugs, narrowing her eyes as she raises her hands up, stretching her arms in the air "although if it were that easy.. i suppose you would have done so already." [break][break]

then she raises her gaze back up to the man, tilting her head back, slightly "i do have to wonder why you caught the hatterene, earlier?" she quirks a brow "did you develop a liking for psychics in my absence?"

[break]
catching milkery

close tab

played by

Liekos

Ryeong
He/Him
Twenty-Seven
November 10th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Pansexual
Grifter
Associate
i'm trippin'
for no reason
42 height
42 height
awards
111 posts
Dal-yong Nam DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dalyong
Dal-yong Nam
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 22:20:03 GMT
Dal-yong Nam Avatar
[nospaces]

”Look at you, using your brain~.” A soft chuckle escaped his lips, his arms crossing over his chest within an absentminded manner, all the while. ”Even then, though, speaking is still just one part of the issue— the smaller part of it. If I had to choose between stepping into their realm—or even just a different realm than ours, altogether—and communicating with them, I’d absolutely choose the former~. Learn and observe by experience.”[break][break]

For one reason or another, it had always been a general interest of his, anyways. Only seemed natural for that to be the case then the ghosts of the afterlife had been his only solace in childhood.[break][break]

A matter that he thought about often, though found himself thwarted from dwelling upon as the next question posed before him met his ears. His brows raised faintly. ”...A liking for psychics?” he mused in repetition with a hum. He thought on it for just a moment before shaking his head, chuckling. ”No, no— not necessarily an interest~. …Call it a funny little reminder of someone, if anything~.”[break][break]

(tl;dr: pending catch attempt on rotom)

[break]
notes

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 3:33:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HERDIER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SCRAPPY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LAST RESORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HAUNTER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEAN LOOK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHTMARE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOG

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 0:35:46 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"mmn? then where is my gold star?~" [break][break]

she muses, humming in a sing-song tune that she never would have a few months past. back then, she would have stammered, and stuttered, or apologized to a man who'd probably enjoy the meek behaviour (though would have found it annoying before long; she can't blame him and it surprises her to see him still calling her out for an outing after this time). meanwhile, he was a stark contrast; the man hasn't changed a bit. it's a bit of a relief. [break][break]

the visible eye casually scans over the two pokemon passing by, though doesn't bother to give a second glance as she turns her gaze back towards the path ahead of them "ah, that poor soul." she hums, a small smile to her lips as she tilts her head forwards, directing her gaze to the ground. an old habit. "try not to drive them insane with your antics."

[break]
skipping

close tab

played by

Liekos

Ryeong
He/Him
Twenty-Seven
November 10th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Pansexual
Grifter
Associate
i'm trippin'
for no reason
42 height
42 height
awards
111 posts
Dal-yong Nam DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dalyong
Dal-yong Nam
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 19:27:28 GMT
Dal-yong Nam Avatar
[nospaces]

”Who said you ever deserved one~?”[break][break]

He eyed the clearing once more with an idle hum, noting the appearance of a particular, violet hued Pokemon for little more than a moment before sifting through his belts for another, vacant capsule. He tapped the button once to enlarge it before tossing it out, just as he’d done with the prior ones.[break][break]

”Saying they’d be driven insane would imply that I’m insufferable, by the way,” he added soon after, chuckling. ”I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’m nothing more than a joy to be around~.”[break][break]

(tl;dr: catching haunter)

[break]
notes

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
playing catchup [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 23:06:18 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"ouch, stingy with your praise." wearing a smile to her lips, marisol chuckles - though with the underlying tone of a scoff. maybe she shouldn't be the one to say that, though, what with how jaded she's become. what with how warped she's become from the woman she once was. [break][break]

ah, little wendy. so eager to please. [break][break]

a single eye narrows, fingers moving as a pointer finger gently presses against her bottom lip. she hums, both in amusement and to fill her end of the silence as she deliberates. "mmn.. i could argue that's true" her lips curl into a smile, her other hand raising up with an open palm, facing down, and tilting the invisible scale "about.. thirty percent of the time?~"

[break]
skipping