Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 23:17:40 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Since their date at the museum, there hadn't been a lick of communication between her and Greyson. No calls, no texts -- only pure static. It made sense, given how rough their date had ended, but at the same time, she couldn't help herself from feeling down about it.
[break][break]
Before that night, they were friends; calling, texting, going out together. Back then, those times they spent together, always felt like a stark difference from her typical work-driven lifestyle. She missed it.
[break][break]
So, when she heard that stupid little tip come through about "the heroes that answered our call." back at her office, she couldn't help herself from immediately snapping her jaws on it. "What're you talking about???" She had nosily interrupted her coworker, mid conversation, just to probe for more information.
[break][break]
And, with that, and a little bit of digging, she was had found herself here: in the middle of nowhere, wearing a tucked in white shirt and boating jean shorts tied up with a rope belt.
[break][break]
"It has to be here somewhere," She mumbled, narrowed eyes glaring down at the ground, as her head mentally counted out the 200 paces the notes had told her to take.
[break][break]
"If it's not here..." She paused, the legs of an unknown building lurking up at her horizon. "Okay, okay, okay!!" With a burst of energy, her legs sprung to life, throwing her into a sprint. Each step chopped at the distance between her and the encroaching building, all until the space was reduced to 0.
[break][break]
"Holy shit..."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
mission

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 23:32:57 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","avery"]
the site wasn't as impressive as most of their types scattered around the region. like the other it was old, dilapidated, but clearly not taken care of. the work that greyson had put into the one outside of oldale was now Cleary visible, at least compared to this one.
[Break][break]
"interesting, isn't it?" says a voice to her right- greyson's. he stood there with a fixed gaze on the site, wearing a simple tee and chino shorts.
[Break][break]
he turns his gaze to the woman, smiling slightly.
[Break][break]
"hello penelope. been well?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".avery"] --accent:#d4c085; [/newclass]

[newclass=".avery"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .avery blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .avery blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 23:55:42 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The sudden voice caused her to jump. Turning, her eyes widened, and a shot of blood flushed her cheeks.
[break][break]

Greyson.
[break][break]

"Hey," She waved, her voice nearly wavering. "Yeah, I've been good."
[break][break]

Kinda. Sorta. Everything about her life was looking up in most regards, except for one.
[break][break]

Hands bound behind her back, she inched up towards the shrine, her eyes failing to leave him.
[break][break]

"How about you? You doing well?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 0:05:10 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
naturally his own follow her as she moves, fingers nestling into his pockets with only this thumbs remaining on the outside.
[Break][break]
"managing well enough." if it had been months prior, he'd have shown how nervous he felt; how much his chest hurt right now.
[Break][break]
in truth if penny looked close enough, she could see the signs - thumbs moving in rough circles on the exterior of his pants, gaze flicking from hers to the shrine as if unsure where to look, and the thin line his lips made as they wanted to frown.
[Break][break]
"what brings you by?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[newclass=".greyson"] --accent:#7c98b2; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 0:50:34 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Hm.
[Break][break]
From where she stood, a brief taste of his anxiety could be had, but beyond saying what she already knew, it didn't amount to much.
[Break][break]
"I," how should she put this? "...got at tip."
[Break][break]
She hesitantly averted her gaze back onto the shrine, unsure if she could keep it steady on him any longer than she had already. "Thought it was worth checking out. Should've known you would've beaten me to it, though." A pathetic excuse of a laugh forced itself out from her lips.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 0:55:11 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
her comment only causes his lips to lift into a small, amused smile.
[Break][break]
"you're not the only one with your ear to the ground." he says, moving closer himself. his eyes rose to the apex of the shrine and he 'tsks' audibly.
[Break][break]
"it will need some work done, but, it's remarkably similar to the one in oldale, dont you think?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 0:58:34 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Remarkably similar," She echoed back, teasing lightly.
[break][break]

The facade of normalcy slowly began to melt away, as a genuine smile curled up, slowly, between her cheeks.
[break][break]

"Should we clean it up, then?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 1:02:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
he blinks, taking her suggestion with a bit of surprised consideration. the thought was a nice one, but, their last interaction still lingered.
[Break][break]
"sure," he starts, "i'm sure it would make for a good story." his walls remain up and fortified, not daring to come down for a second. not daring to hope for a second.
[Break][break]
"we can meet back here tomorrow and start then?"

[attr="class","notes"]@name

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 2:10:43 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Not really here for a story," She corrected him. For once, her job hadn't wrangled back into her mind, and she'd like to keep it that way.
[break][break]

Against her better judgment, she turned to face him.
[break][break]

"Why wait til tomorrow? Are you busy, or something...?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 2:20:48 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
he let's the story thing slide; it was a defense mechanism, an excuse, for why she would've really been here. it was easier to cope that way.
[Break][break]
"uh," he stumbles on his words for a moment, eyes dashing up to the sky would be bleeding orange in a few hours.
[Break][break]
"no, no. today works for you then?"

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 2:41:21 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Today works plenty."
[break][break]

Turning the satchel she had slung over her shoulder around, she pulled out a handful of cleaning supplies and offered some to Greyson.
[break][break]

"Here, I brought these. I don't know how to properly clean up a shrine, but I thought it might help."
[break][break]

Lysol wipes, brushes, clothes, and more. It was basically a mini cleaning kit prepped and ready for usage.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 4:16:45 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
"okay," he says, going along with her take charge attitude. he'd intended to go get cleaning supplies of his own, but was pleasantly surprised she'd had the foresight to do so.
[Break][break]
from his belt he releases a myriad of pokemon, some that would help with the task at hand, and others who would just enjoy the time spent free from their capsule.
[Break][break]
still, a question lingers, and seeing as how the situation had already dissolved to this, he says screw it.
[Break][break]
"why are you doing this, penny? trying to clean this place up, i mean."

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 15:39:07 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She handed off the supplies with a smile, moving to release her own pokemon shortly after. Unlike Gym Leader Greyson Connors, her line of pokemon is much smaller in comparison, including mainly her Garchomp, Milotic, and Magnemite.
[break][break]
None of which could actually help to wipe down the shrine.
[break][break]
Greyson's question came mid-step.
[break][break]
"Because I want to?"
[break][break]
Not really the answer he was going for, but to be honest, she hadn't really thought it through herself.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 16:38:35 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
he doesn't push. if that's the answer she gives, than so be it.
[Break][break]
"help me clear these roots," he says to a shiny drillbur at his side, pointedly looking away from penny as he speaks.
[Break][break]
it's razor sharp claws begin making quick work of the tangled mess around the shrines based and greyson himself is on his knees pulling at the weakest of the ones.
[Break][break]
work keeps his mind idle, and the... thoughts at bay. he loses himself in it. better to distract himself now than to let the feelings come rushing in.

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
OOPS! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 17:46:13 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Help him out," She told her garchomp, who was STILL flirting with Milotic.
[break][break]
Similar to Greyson, she worked alongside the pokemon, picking and pulling at the roots surrounding the shrine. The only difference? Work only gave her more of a reason to think, and wiggle through these tangled emotions she felt.
[break][break]
"Hey," she began, her hands coiled tightly around one of the many roots protruding from the ground. "I--I'm really sorry. Again."
[break][break]
The door to the conversation was open.

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights