he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
HIDEO IS MY NEW BFF
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 23:06:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
And there was the answer that he didn't want to hear: that there was no way out of this feeling. That he had to get used to it and carry it for the rest of his life. He hated the crushing feeling, yet letting it lighten almost felt wrong, like he'd be downplaying everything she'd been to him.

His Lycanroc was wary of Matias, keeping an eye on the man, but didn't stop Matias from reaching out to Hideo.

Hideo could only look down as Matias gave him a harsh truth that he did not want to accept. He didn't want to lose any more Pokemon to his mistakes, to his inaction. He couldn't get disoriented again.

He didn't even want to entertain the thought of a more acceptable death - of long-lived life of adventure ending in their sleep.

His face showed a miserable expression - yet no tears came from his eyes. "I won't…I won't let my Pokemon die again." A very shaky vow that he all but knew he couldn't keep. "I won't let them die because I got confused." No more mistakes.

If he could do that, then maybe, just maybe, that weight on his shoulders would lighten

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,445 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
HIDEO IS MY NEW BFF
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 8:52:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"no, you won't."[break][break]

after a reassuring squeeze, his hand falls away.[break][break]

"that's why you have to keep getting stronger, hideo. never stop growing or training because i know you can get there."[break][break]

one of matias' duties as elite four is to inspire trainers, isn't it? to bring hope and light to an otherwise dark region. he hopes he's doing as much for young hideo.[break][break]

"you're one of hoenn's finest trainers, after all."[break][break]

if his seven (eight?) badges are anything to go by.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-virizion"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
HIDEO IS MY NEW BFF
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 0:09:46 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The squeeze alone isn’t enough to get Hideo to raise his head. Only once Matias’s hand fell did he look back up, uneasy as he was.

Growing, training, getting stronger. It was what he’d wanted to do ever since he’d gotten his Lycanroc as a Rockruff, why he’d run away from home in the first place. And he’d been able to get just that: he’d gone through more experiences this past year than he had all eleven years he’d been home-bound, and he’d caught Pokemon he’d never imagined catching. And he’d met so many people he’d never have the chance to meet.

He never would have gotten seven badges if he were just wasting away at home.

He nodded as Matias told him - that he was one of the best. Of course he was: he had to be. He couldn’t be anything less than the finest. Hearing that from an Elite Four member should've been one of the happiest moments of his adventure.

But would one of the finest trainers in Hoenn be as ineffective as he was that day? Would one of the finest trainers have made so many mistakes?

Thank you,” Hideo said, trying his best to sound genuine as he mustered up a small smile. Hopefully, it’d be convincing enough, empty as it felt.

Before the hollowness could show itself, he’d change the subject. “I, uh, guess as one of the ‘finest trainers’, I’m gonna have to battle you. So I can become Champion. One day.

His confidence in becoming Champion hadn’t been shaken - until his loss. Now, he wasn’t as sure.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,445 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
HIDEO IS MY NEW BFF
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 4:31:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

though not convincing, it is appreciated. a smile mirrors onto his features as he breathes out a chuckle.[break][break]

"guess you'll have to."[break][break]

what a day that will be. in fact, it might not be that far down the road given how quickly things progress in this region.[break][break]

matias is looking forward to it.[break][break]

"i expect it to be the toughest challenge i'll ever have. won't settle for anything less."

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
HIDEO IS MY NEW BFF
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 23:00:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Perhaps Hideo actually had found something good coming here, even if it was just a reminder of his goal. It's a small comfort, yet it provided some of the relief he'd been searching for. Even if it was just from pushing down the guilt wracking his heart.

He was so close to getting a shot against the Elite Four, and just within the span of a single year too. And here was one of them, eager to challenge him when the time came. He wouldn't let that eagerness go to waste

"I look forward to it," Hideo said, with a bit more confidence in his voice. "And I'm sure I'll give you the toughest fight you've ever had."

At the very least, he would do it for Squeeze. He wouldn't let her down.

Not again.

"Just gotta get around to getting that eighth badge first." The last thing he'd need before he could fulfill that commitment. "Just, uh, gotta decide which one to do." He'd have to scout out which ones had spots open - and he hadn't already down.

"Guess I can't do that hanging around a graveyard though." His Lycanroc got the hint, readying himself in front of Hideo, to guide the boy along. "Thanks, Matias. I'll make sure that we can meet again soon."

With a team ready to battle. And himself ready for a battle. He'd make sure to be in top form when the time came.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,445 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
HIDEO IS MY NEW BFF
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 9:41:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

hideo will have no problems acquiring his eighth badge, that much matias is sure of. in fact, he's expecting to face hideo in an official challenge as soon as next month should the situation permit it.[break][break]

but with how unstable hoenn has been? he has his doubts.[break][break]

standing back up, matias nods as he prepares to make his departure as well.[break][break]

"take time to grieve your loss, and when you're ready, i'm sure you'll come back stronger than ever."[break][break]

one more thing matias is sure of.[break][break]

"see you around, hideo."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,632 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
HIDEO IS MY NEW BFF
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 3:57:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven