Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
Rosé Glasses
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 1:45:43 GMT
Georgette Bluebottle Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Niramit:400,400i,700][googlefont=Dosis:300]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #ffffff; width: 450px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #DBDCE6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkilightimagesave"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/jIS3NGR.jpg'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #A3A9C0; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #A3A9C0; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #ffffff; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a:hover"]color: #8D92A6 !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#ffffff,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #ffffff; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #83889A; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #7D87A6; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #989EB3; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a:hover"]color: #989EB3;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkisavelight]
[attr=class,punkilightimagesave]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttags]

[attr=class,punkisavelightlyrics]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttopslant]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim
[attr=class,punkisavelightbottomslant]
[attr=class,punkisavelightseparator]

❄️
[attr=class,punkisavelighttext]

Those who knew Georgette would hardly find it surprising in the least she had kept in contact with her middle school assigned pen pal from Anistar City. She made it a habit to write every other month, pages of paper filled with a neat, precise script that detailed the latest happenings on the farm and espousing hopes and dreams for the upcoming future.
[break][break]
She was delighted the day she received a letter from after moving to Hoenn informing her that her old pen pal, the girl she had exchanged secrets and ramblings with for years, was also now in the Region. Sending along her information with details on where to meet, a plan was swiftly hatched to meet up in Mauville at Georgette's preferred Kalosian restaurant - the only one she deemed adequate in representation of their home Region's cuisine.
[break][break]
Arriving early, Georgette stands outside of the building, her blue-green eyes searching the crowds curiously for her friend. There, just a bit away, she catches a flash of red hair. Her eyes widening, she lifts a hand excitedly to wave and calls, "Bonjour! Aurelie?"

[attr=class,punkisavelightsecondarylyrics]

but the heart shall ever last
[attr=class,punkisavelightcredit]template by punki
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Rosé Glasses
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 22:23:55 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monlyrics"]Laughter is brightest where food is best.
[attr="class","monbody"]Walking toward the Kalosian restaurant where had arranged to meet her, Aurelie turned immediately when she heard her name called out, knowing there could only be one person who would recognize her in Mauville City. Though the two longtime pen pals had only met face-to-face a handful of times since they first started corresponding in middle school, they'd both regularly sent photos and sometimes even small gifts or trinkets with their letters. It made sense that they could pick each other out of a crowd if they were on the lookout, no matter what city or Region they found themselves in.

Aurelie couldn't help touching the eyepatch over her right eye with a hint of bitterness, though. I only got this a few months ago, she thought. This will still be new to her. Goodness knows it still takes me by surprise some mornings too. Still, she broke out into a broad smile when she looked through the crowds and caught sight of Georgette's ivory-haired head bobbing as she waved hello.

"Salut, Gigi!" exclaimed Aurelie, hurrying over to Georgette and greeting her with a light kiss on the cheek. "So good to see you again, ma cherie. I've been so looking forward to catching up with you over dinner."

The restaurant doors swung open at that moment, releasing a cloud of mouth-watering savory aromas, and Aurelie's stomach responded with a plaintive growl. She chuckled wryly at her own reaction. "Speaking of which, let us waste no time getting started with dinner! If there is one thing that I miss about living in Kalos, it is the food, for sure. The finest in the world, I think we can both agree."

Inside the restaurant, the maître d' politely showed them to a table adorned with softly shining candles, a vase filled with fragrant purple lilies, and, most importantly, menus. Sitting down, Aurelie flipped hers open quickly and let out a nostalgic sigh as she eyed the long list of delicious-sounding wines and dishes. She smiled across the table at Georgette.

"Your choice of restaurant is inspired, Gigi," she complimented her old friend. "Remind me, how long have you been living in Hoenn, again? I only moved here a couple months ago, certainly not long enough to know the best restaurants in different cities."

[attr="class","montag"] | Mission: Sleepless in Slateport

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
Rosé Glasses
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2022 4:59:12 GMT
[nospaces]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #ffffff; width: 450px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #DBDCE6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkilightimagesave"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/jIS3NGR.jpg'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #A3A9C0; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #A3A9C0; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #ffffff; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#ffffff,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #ffffff; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #83889A; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #7D87A6; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #989EB3; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

❄️

Georgette brightens immediately once certain she has spied her old friend. To her credit, she only pauses for a bare moment as she takes in the sight of the eyepatch now adorning Aurelie's face - it would be easy to mistake her barely-there pause for confirmation it is indeed Aurelie, as she swiftly leans in to kiss either of her friend's cheeks in greeting as well.
[break][break]
"Bonjour!"
[break][break]
"I am so glad you could come," Gigi replies, her accent undeniable before she simply switches to Kalosian. She laughs, nodding enthusiastically while she remarks, "Yes, I miss home so much! Especially the cold." Her nose wrinkles playfully as she speaks and the pair are shown to their table, a simple thanks offered to the maître d' before she beings to glance over the menu.
[break][break]
Her perusing pauses at the question, she looks up to Aurelie to answer warmly, "At the first of the year. So about six months now, no? I moved just after my birthday." With a little laugh, her hand lifting to rub at her cheek, she confides, "I think my mother cried almost as much as I did at the airport." She then waves her hand absently, as if sweeping away her words, before continuing a touch impishly, "But I will have to write you all of the best places to eat, no? Oh! And you must come visit me in Mossdeep - that is where I moved to. I have a farm on the northern side." She huffs out a little laugh, looking a touch embarrassed before she admits, "You should bring a coat if you come out. I keep ice types and it's cold."
[break][break]
Then, curiously, she asks, "How are you liking Hoenn? What brought you here too?"

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Rosé Glasses
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2022 23:29:27 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monbody"]Chuckling at her old friend 's endearing description of her departure from Kalos to move to Hoenn and her invitation to visit her new farm, Aurelie switched deftly to Kalosian as well to respond. "Ah, why am I not surprised that your new home here in Hoenn is full of ice types and snow and cold too? I should have expected as much from someone born in the city of everlasting winter. I'll never forget the school trip that my class took to Snowbelle City, where all of us tumbled out of the bus wearing thick winter jackets and everyone in your class was waiting to meet us in T-shirts and jeans!"

Aurelie laughed heartily at the memory of that first meeting and of the lively snowball fight that followed, where she and Georgette had formed an alliance and won a resounding victory over their classmates. Georgette had given her a snowflake-shaped pin as a gift at the end of that trip, and Aurelie remembered that she still had that pin even now, tucked away at the bottom of her jewelry box. She wondered if Georgette had similarly kept the hand-forged letter opener she'd made for her, one of the first finished products she'd ever given anyone outside her family.

"I look forward to visiting your farm in Mossdeep soon, Gigi, and I will absolutely be sure to bring my warmest coat. And perhaps a Fire type just in case," Aurelie went on, her eye twinkling. "And of course, you are always welcome to visit me whenever you are in Lilycove City. I have a workshop of my own now, you know. It isn't very much yet, but it feels...empowering to run a business all by myself, without needing to answer to anyone else."

Running a hand through her short, wavy hair, she gave a rueful shake of her head. "Ah, but to actually answer your question, I am liking Hoenn pretty well so far. I have met some very kind and lovely people here, as well as some rather intimidating and frightening ones, so it certainly has not been boring! But," she added with a self-deprecating smile, "I have only been here about two months, so perhaps I am still in the honeymoon period of novelty and excitement, no? Who can say?"

Her smile faded as she pondered how to answer Georgette's next, seemingly simple, yet all-too-difficult question. How could she describe the falling-out with her family over the metalworking contest to inherit her father's workshop? Her feeling of failure, her persistent suspicions of deliberate sabotage, her sense of outrage and betrayal by those she'd loved and trusted most? How did one speak of such things over a candlelit dinner, looking at the guilelessly shining blue eyes of a dear but distant pen pal?

She was saved by the approach of a waiter, who swept them a gracious bow and addressed them in Hoennian. "Good evening, mademoiselles! Are you ready to order? Please allow me the honor of starting you off with some appetizers to begin your meal tonight."

Aurelie nodded eagerly, before throwing a quick glance over at Georgette. "I'm ready to order, though my friend may need a little more time? I would like..." She glanced quickly down at her menu to double-check, before rattling off quickly, "I would like the escargot and mushroom soup, please, and the salade niçoise to start. And for the appetizer, a slice of ham-and-cheese quiche, if you please." She smiled nostalgically, remembering her mother's recipe for savory quiche and trying not to salivate too visibly at the memory.

[attr="class","montag"]

[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
Rosé Glasses
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 4:43:47 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

❄️

An impish look overcomes Georgette at the memory, her blue-green eyes sliding from the menu to Aurelie; setting the menu down for a moment she teases gently, "That was a warm day, too! One of the boys was in shorts. But we had a good time, no?" Proudly, she boasts, "We won the snowball fight!" Her expression turns momentarily distant, the cold of the snow and the laughter pushing to the forefront of her thoughts before another memory strikes her, "I gave you a little pin, no? I still have the letter opener you made." Georgette found reason to use it often - her letters with Aurelie.
[break][break]
Drawn from her reverie, her eyes widen with curiosity and delight as she is invited in turn to visit Aurelie's workshop. "Oh," she exclaims, her hands momentarily pressing together in her excitement, "I would love to see your workshop and watch you!"
[break][break]
She then listens attentively as Aurelie describes her thoughts on Hoenn, the smaller woman giving a nod here and there. "I have found most to be friendly," she agrees. Their conversation, however is interrupted by a waiter, and an almost embarrassed look overcomes Georgette.
[break][break]
"Oh," she huffs out, quickly flipping the menu back open to scan through it. "Onion soup to begin with, and duck confits, merci beaucoup." Giving a little nod of self-satisfaction at her order, the menu is closed once more and delicately passed back to the waiter, who takes both menus with a polite, "Very good. Your orders will be ready soon."
[break][break]
As the waiter walks away Georgette turns back to Aurelie, her lips pursing before she muses, "Now what were we speaking of - ah, I know. Well me about your workshop more? What are you making now? Has business been good?" A look of rapt attention overcomes the woman as she looks to her childhood friend for the answers to her flurry of questions.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Rosé Glasses
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 18:51:20 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monbody"]After ordered her food and dismissed the waiter with a delicate passing of her menu, Aurelie quickly chimed in, before the waiter could walk away entirely, "And please, the coq au vin for me, thank you. The coq au Riesling, specifically, since it is offered here!" to complete her own order. Her mouth watered a little at the prospect of the classic Kalosian stew of chicken braised slowly in semi-sweet Riesling wine until tender, with sauteed mushrooms, onions, carrots, and bacon. To be sure, soup, salad, an appetizer, and an entrée—and most likely, dessert afterward—would be a considerable amount of food for one person, but she had been looking forward to indulging herself with a Kalosian feast for quite some time. Aurelie smiled apologetically at the waiter, who noted down the rest of her order, bowed graciously, and left.

The discovery that Georgette had remembered and kept the letter opener that Aurelie had made for her years ago—hand-forged from mild steel into a tiny, graceful blade with a simple scrollwork handle—made her flush with pleasure. Georgette expressing interest in visiting her at her new home and workshop delighted the red-haired smith even further. She beamed happily at Georgette, envisioning a series of trips in the future to each other's fiery and snowy abodes, respectively.

In the face of Georgette's charmingly inquisitive flurry of questions about her workshop and creations, Aurelie chuckled and put a finger to her lips in thought. "Let me see... Business for my workshop has been, hmmm, so-so, I suppose. Being a small business owner is not terribly glamorous, unfortunately!"

She smiled self-deprecatingly. "I have mostly learned that I need to improve my marketing skills, so that more customers hear of me and are willing to pay for my work. I have made mostly souvenir knives for tourists, a few historical replica knives, but also a chef's knife for a well-known sushi chef in Lilycove City, a set of paring knives for a boba café owner, some pocket-knives for wilderness survivalists—enough to keep food on my table, but barely."

Leaning forward, Aurelie broke into a grin. "Now, I believe it is my turn to ask some questions of you, dear Gigi. What is your farm in Mossdeep like? And what adventures have you gotten up to since you came to Hoenn? I always feel like wherever you go, you end up doing so many interesting and unique things!"

[attr="class","montag"]

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
Rosé Glasses
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 0:44:30 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

❄️

Her hands folding together as Aurelie orders her own meal for the evening, Georgette tilts her head faintly to the side as she lowly confides to her companion once the waiter has left, "That sounds delicious." Glancing around, she adds wistfully, "This all makes me miss my mother's cooking, no?"
[break][break]
She sips at her wine, attention focusing once more on her companion as she listens to Aurelie's ventures. "So many knives," Gigi laughs out, though she soon assures, "I am sure you will have more business soon though. Hoenn has room for all sorts it seems."
[break][break]
Blinking once as she's rounded upon, however, her nose wrinkles playfully at Aurelie. "We were talking about you," she teases, as if wholly put out about being questioned about herself. Nonetheless, she hums thoughtfully before answering. "Well. It is on the northern side, no? About a half hour from Shoal Cave - that is where the region's ice-types are." Making an absent little motion with her hands she explains, "I have been raising Wooloo." Laughing, she adds, "I am always raising Wooloo. But yes, Wooloo and I hope to have some cattle soon."
[break][break]
Ah - I did a Pokemon Contest with my Swablu! We placed second!"
Gigi smiles brightly at that as she explains, "We did a dream routine, no? I dressed him for each set in Johto's legendaries. Etienne was so graceful!"
[break][break]
Georgette pauses for a bare moment before seeming to recall, "And I suppose I am one of the Region's gym leaders, no? I give a survival challenge on the property!"

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Rosé Glasses
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 22:24:28 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monbody"]Just as tossed out the news that she was a gym leader as if it were a minor afterthought, rather than the impressive accomplishment that Aurelie considered it to be, the waiter bustled up to their table with their soups and Aurelie's salad. "Your starters, mademoiselles," the waiter announced. "The soupe à l'oignon for you, mademoiselle," and he laid a gold-edged porcelain bowl before Georgette, while the two women suppressed smiles at his pronunciation. "And the soupe d'escargot with mushrooms and the salad niçoise for you, mademoiselle. Bon appetit!"

"Merci beaucoup!" Aurelie responded cheerfully, accepting the wide dove-grey ceramic bowl. She couldn't resist inhaling the aroma of the steaming soup appreciatively, before turning back to Georgette. She grinned good-humoredly at her old friend across the table.

"You see, Gigi, this is why it is better to talk about you instead of me," she exclaimed, gesturing exuberantly with the soup spoon for emphasis. "All I have to talk about is my poor little knives, no? Meanwhile, you have adorable fluffy Wooloo, and second place in a Pokemon contest, and your very own gym! That is all far more exciting."

She paused to sample a spoonful of her soup, relishing the combination of savory mushrooms, rich creamy soup, and buttery sauteed escargot. "I always knew you would be someone special, Gigi! For as long as I've known you, you have always been so generous, so compassionate. Yet once you made up your mind to do something, nothing and no one could ever stop you from getting it done," Aurelie declared. Nibbling on a morsel of delicate snail flesh, she added, "You were always a marvel, and I have no doubt you are a fine example for young trainers to learn from."

Privately, the red-haired smith wondered if it wasn't rather exhausting to be a gym leader—to be at the beck and call of any trainers who might suddenly decide to challenge you. Better Gigi than me, she thought. The League was lucky to have someone like Georgette as a gym leader, even though they would surely never recognize even a tenth part of her full worth.

"You must tell me more about the Pokemon contest too, and the routines you did," Aurelie went on, setting down her soup spoon. "I don't really know very much about Johto's legendaries! Someday you must also share with me your secret for dressing up your Pokemon and teaching them to perform so nicely. My Fire-types always act like they will burst into flame if I even suggest the idea of choreography!"

She tried a forkful of her salad next and burst into a laugh. "Well, this is not quite like my mother's cooking, but more like my father's, when my mother was away on business!" she chuckled, munching enthusiastically on a crisp mouthful of cucumbers, tomatoes, hard-boiled egg, olives, and seared tuna dressed with a light vinaigrette. "All he ever did was toss together enormous salads and call it dinner. It wasn't bad salad, but it was always salad."

A faint, nostalgic smile curved her lips as she ate more of the salad niçoise. "Want to try some?" she offered Georgette, gesturing toward her plate. "It is very good. Like eating the essence of summer in a bowl, all light and cool and fresh."

[attr="class","montag"]

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
Rosé Glasses
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 20:04:09 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

❄️

Georgette offers a warm smile to their server when their food makes an appearance, her napkin unfolded and placed in her lap before she takes up a spoon to dip into her onion soup. Humming a contented noise, her gaze flits over to Aurelie before she laughs softly, her nose wrinkling as she assures her friend, "I like hearing about your knives!"
[break][break]
Flushing beneath the praise, Gigi glances away almost shyly, her head giving a little shake as she murmurs without too much conviction, "I am nothing that special." Her eyes then brightening, she leans a touch nearer Aurelie to confide instead, "You must let me help you train sometime, no? I have not worked with many fire-types for contests, but I think I could manage it." With a wink, she suggests, "Lots of treats and bribes go a long way to getting them in a vest and sleeves." She again laughs at that, her hand moving to cover her mouth. "I can tell you all about Johto legendaries. Or at least show you pictures of what my little Swablu looked like!"
[break][break]
"Oh, and we could dress someone up as Ho-Oh!"

[break][break]
Listening contently, she then assures Aurelie, "My father is the same. Then again, my mother does not let many in her kitchen. She is strict." Grinning all of a sudden, she whispers, "One time he tried to make croissants as a surprise. It was a disaster. Flour everywhere. The croissants were lumpy. Butter was oozing out of half of them. He sometimes cooks outside for the farmhands, but almost never in the kitchen any more." Her head shaking, she takes another sip of her soup before her eyes alight curiously upon the offered salad.
[break][break]
"Yes," asserts brightly, her fork quickly taken up to stab at a few morsels in the offered bowl - as she does so, her free hand pushes the soup towards Aurelie to offer in turn, "It is very good, try it!"
[break][break]
"Are you seeing anyone?" The question a touch impish, Gigi asks without preamble, for the moment transported back to the young woman who wrote letter after letter detailing every aspect of her life on the farm while demanding all of Aurelie's class gossip from so far away.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Rosé Glasses
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 23:10:02 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Laughter is brightest where food is best.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Much like the letters they'd exchanged for years, their conversation was starting to happily meander and zigzag from topic to topic, and Aurelie couldn't have been more pleased about it. Part of her had been nervous at first about reuniting with in person as adults, after their long-distance correspondence stemming from middle school. Would they be able to find common ground? Would they find things to talk about, or would the dinner be full of awkward silences and lumbering half-starts? Would the whole outing end in disappointment rather than cheerful conviviality for them both?

Now, all those fears were far behind her as Aurelie shook her head in vehement disagreement with Georgette's unconvincing denial of her own specialness and clapped her hands happily at her offer to help dress up her own Pokemon. Bribing them with treats and rewards for dressing up and learning choreography certainly makes sense, Aurelie reflected. Arceus knows that would certainly work on me!

The idea of dressing up her beloved Flareon as the avian Ho-Oh—a legendary that she did recall, considering her father had revered Fire-type legendaries—delighted her to no end. "I may hold you to that promise to dress someone up as Ho-Oh, Gigi," she warned Georgette teasingly, holding up her index finger. "If you can manage it, and make it look reasonable, I will dub you the Queen of Pokemon Contests everywhere!"

"Oh, and I would absolutely love to see your photos of your Swablu," she assured her friend. "And of your other Pokemon too, if you have pictures of them. Whether they are in costumes, or not." Taking another sip of escargot soup, she smiled nostalgically. "I remember you always sent me photos of the Pokemon raised on your family farm, and they were always so adorable and beautifully taken care of. Such fluffy Wooloos! I used to wonder how you resisted the temptation to just hug them all day long."

At the story of her father's cooking, Aurelie laughed along with her and shook her head sympathetically. She had never heard this story before, but it certainly rang true. Baking was a strict science indeed, and Aurelie knew how seriously Georgette took her pastries. It made sense her mother would be the same way!

When Georgette offered her a sip of the onion soup that she'd ordered, Aurelie accepted immediately, picking up a second, clean spoon and dipping it into the soup. "Mmmm, this is good!" she agreed. Simple though it was, the onion soup was rich and comforting, with salty and umami flavors that sang of caramelized onions, butter, and herbs. "Try mine too, if you want! The escargot are a little small, but the mushrooms are nice."

Then she nearly spat out her soup at Georgette's next question. "I...what?" she sputtered, momentarily thrown by the unexpected query. She looked over at Georgette and laughed aloud to see the sly glint in her old friend's light-blue eyes, the color of a clear winter sky but with far more warmth and humor in them than any winter had ever held.

"I...well...no," she admitted, putting down her soup spoon and sighing gustily. "Only myself in the mirror, I'm afraid!" She chuckled at her own joke, before continuing in a more serious tone, " I have met some pretty girls, but I do not think they would have been interested in a woman. I did meet a handsome man who looked very good without a shirt, but...well. I do not know if I will ever see him again, or what he will think of me if I do."

She tilted her head to one side, looking directly at Georgette. "What about you, Gigi?" For as long as Aurelie had known her, Georgette had rarely ever divulged feelings of that sort toward anyone. But perhaps that had changed—or perhaps she had simply misunderstood this whole time. "Are you dating anyone?"

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

[newclass=.aurelie]width:500px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:500px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights