saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,054 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 4:29:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"did you know kyogre cultists are a real thing? imagine that."[break][break]

what a stupid cause. but the sentiment should be expected coming from him, leader of the groudon cultists (not really but he might as well have been).[break][break]

the RAIN that pours around them is a nuisance. he smears water off his face only to scowl at the supposed group of cultists that await them ahead.[break][break]

he steps into wet mud, splashing.[break][break]

"what side do you fall on, kyle? groudon or kyogre?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-virizion"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 18:13:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"can i go with the rayquaza side?" kyle responds.

for one thing, it holds sentimental value from hearing stories of it from a certain nerd from blackthorn on johto. another was that legends say it's the only pokemon to be able to stop fights between the two, and that makes it a mood.

"i might have to go with team groudon if i have to pick though."

it's another choice that comes from his own sentiments, owing a lot of memories from the former champion. while it's the cause of her eventual demise, he can't argue against the legend reminding kyle of her.

the rain drenches kyle, causing his hair to flop messily against his face. the worst part was how his hair leads a trickle of water straight down his spine, which was uncomfortable.

"can't you make it, like, sunny and get this over with?" kyle mentions haphazardly, preferring the easiest solution rather than dealing with the problem from the source.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,054 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 9:08:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i don't see why not."[break][break]

picking rayquaza would've been the boring (and wrong) answer so he's glad kyle ends up picking something else. as expected, the champion sides with him.[break][break]

"that's good to hear."[break][break]

the pitter-patter of the rain is combated with his footfalls.[break][break]

"i could, but we should really meet these cultists. find out what they want, or whatever, even if their answer is: 'more water.'"[break][break]

the unsaid tch might as well have been said as he scoffs.

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 2:48:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle gives him a nod to show agreement.

while tracking them down with his pokemon was an option, he's not sure if the rain was going to make it easier for his pokemon. fortunately, they already got information on where to search for their targets.

eventually, they reach a clearing where people congregated. an effigy of a kyogre sits at the middle with various paraphernalia around it. red patterns reminiscent of what was seen on both kyogre and groudon were also painted the ground. surprisingly, water doesn't seem to wash it off.

kyle stops just before entering the clearing. he's on full view, but the participants seem to be busy with their rituals.

"should we just, i dunno, go in?" kyle asks as he turns to matias.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,054 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 8:40:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i think so."[break][break]

because believe it or not this is matias' first time encountering cultists this extreme in their beliefs. excluding the church of arceus, of course.[break][break]

matias approaches one of them, circling around to their front expecting them to stop chanting. but they don't. they continue, louder and louder with every passing second.[break][break]

"what language is this?"[break][break]

because it sure isn't english.[break][break]

placing a hand on their shoulder, matias shakes.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 2:33:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
in a way, he supposed he's friends with a rayquaza cultist.

he looks at the runes and ancient scripts on the ground, finding familiarity and estrangement in them. he definitely saw something similar to their forms, but he wasn't interested in them back then to know if they were truly the same text or not.

"some ancient voodoo script they found from a local library, maybe?"

when matias' actions prove to not get a single budge from them, kyle goes for the more direct approach to stop them. he rummages from the pokemon he brought with him only to find out he has forgotten to take one that he needed in this scenario.

"do you bring a pokemon with cloud nine or something?" he asks.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,054 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 16:08:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"maybe."[break][break]

for documentation and research purposes ( has trained him well), matias pulls out his phone and starts recording, realizing it might be beneficial for them. chances are it's just pig latin, though.[break][break]

"i gotchu. let me access my pc which has EIGHT HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-SIX pokemon."[break][break]

pulling out a particular pokeball, he calls out his drampa whose CLOUD NINE immediately negates the weather effects, bringing them all back down to earth.[break][break]

the chanting stops.[break][break]

"so! anyone want to explain what you're looking to gain from flooding the region?"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-drampa"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 19:12:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he would question why he has that many, but then he remembered he was so rich he can probably afford to feed all those pokemon. unless he's one of those people that just keeps their pokemon in a comatose state in their pokeballs though, like majority of people on hoenn with a hundred or so pokemon in their pc.

kyle watches the interrogation, but nothing much exciting happens besides the expected.

in a fit of panic, the cultists all scramble to get their stuff and run away. as with every occult following, most of them has never seen the sun, probably, most likely because they worship the one that makes it rain a lot.

"oh. they're running away. we stopped them so i guess it's a job well done. should we apprehend them as well?"

he's looking for a moral compass, since chasing is too much of a bother and he's tempted to write it off as their targets successfully managing to escape them.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,054 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 6:59:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

matias is not like anyone else because he actually uses all of his pokemon, just never in threads. it all happens off-screen.[break][break]

"nah. let them go."[break][break]

it'd be too much paperwork for them otherwise.[break][break]

"i can't believe they managed to slip away from hoenn's champion and elite four."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 18:47:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle waits until every last one of them was away from the site before he looks around and talks. it would be rude to talk about them while they were still in the earshot after all.

"their voodoo magic is just that powerful. can't compete against that."

on their panic, the cultists wouldn't be able to grab everything they can. some bags were left behind, though they're mostly useless stuff that probably aren't important enough to be prioritized.

"do you wanna search their stuff?" kyle asks. "they might have cool things around."

even before getting an answer, kyle already was on his way to rummage wet school bags and the like. eventually, he finds one of those temporary tattoos that can be slapped on their skin.

"i used to use these back then," he says as he pulls them out and shows them to matias. "wanna try these on?"

they were too familiar, having seen similar marks on the previous champion, as well as the actual kyogre he's seen multiple times already.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,054 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 7:14:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

matias is about ready to turn and leave only to be stopped by kyle's question. he looks at the champion as he starts rummaging through wet school bags.[break][break]

at the sight of temporary tattoos, he can do no more than chuckle.[break][break]

"before that, kyle, there's something i have to tell you."[break][break]

casually, he says:[break][break]

"i'm groudon's avatar."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 17:35:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
with their skins already wet from the rain that the cultists have conjured, kyle easily applies the tattoos. it felt nostalgic to have them, if not a bit rebellious.

he turns his head up, dumbfounded, when matias speaks.

"huh?"

it takes him a while to process the information, but given the weird happenings around hoenn and the influence matias slowly garners over the region, it somehow makes sense for him to be the next one.

"oh, uh, cool." he's not sure what to say, but he adds more so it doesn't seem disrespectful. "since when? are you going to get checked for primal energy poisoning too?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,054 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 7:51:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"since a few weeks ago, and yep i'm all clear for now. it's not as bad since i don't have the red orb."[break][break]

just shards of it, but he'll find more. he has to.[break][break]

"i heard you were close with its previous avatar so i thought you'd want to know."[break][break]

he shrugs, then finally shrugs his shirt off to reveal tattoos mingled with red shards that gloss over the surface of his skin. he starts stickingn the temporary tattoos on himself.[break][break]

"it's also why melly isn't talking to me at the moment."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 9:59:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he contemplates on the newfound knowledge, turning to matias with a response that rings in a rather cold note.

"i don't really care much about groudon as much as i do with cooper." he turns his attention to his tattoo. "you better not die too, though."

there's a lot of information to process, mostly questions he'd like to ask, filtering the most appropriate ones in his head before firing them off one after the other. he pats the patterns on matias' skin, touching them like a kid would, when he gets thrown with another curveball.

kyle peps up, voice somehow rising up with this news more than the last.

"did you call her a filthy non-avatar or something? what did you do?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,054 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DUMBFISH
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 8:08:02 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i won't."[break][break]

at least not until the laws of time call for him to. until then, he'll live for as long as he wills. not even primal energy could stop him.[break][break]

returning the gesture, matias pats on the tattoos on kyle, securing them to his skin.[break][break]

"i needed her relicanth to open up a portal so i attacked it without her consent. it died after."