Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Three Trainers, One Island, No Braincells [M]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 20:11:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Damn. Kyogre cultists could be fast when they wanted to be. It was almost like they were good at navigating the water! Who knew?[break][break]

Isaac's own team wasn't half shabby, either. Watson swam at high speeds, leashed to Dhelmise's Power Whips as the algal colony skimmed across the surface of the ocean. It was on Dhelmise's anchor that Isaac stood, currently engaged in high speed pursuit with the cultist and their Sharpedo mount. Sectonia and the cultist's Cramorant hovered in the air beside them, exchanging salvos of keening Bug Buzzes and blasts of water.[break][break]

It was all fun and games until the Cramorant pegged Isaac in the face with a Magikarp. Isaac groped for his face as the Magikarp splashed against him, leaving him unable to keep an eye on his opponent. That meant he had no idea that a massive Surf was being called up until the shadow was looming right over him. "Oh, for fuck-"[break][break]

SPLOOSH![break][break]

All was dark. All was quiet. All was currently a massive swell of stomach pain. Wait, what? Isaac's eyes shot open as he went to scream, only to feel water filling his lungs instead. With one more painful jab, however, the water was forced right out. Isaac groaned in agony, groggily turning to face the culprit, only to notice Watson standing over him.[break][break]

The Totodile reared back to hit with one more Aqua Tail, but Isaac threw out his hands to try and ease him down. "Waitwaitwaitwait! I'm heimliched! I'm heimliched! You can stop now, sheesh!" That did the trick. Watson took a half-hop, half-step back, letting out a cheerful, rasping bark in response.[break][break]

As Isaac's senses came back to him, he could feel the warmth of a sandy beach beneath him and the salty smell sea spray tickling his nose. He'd washed up on shore, that was for sure. But what shore? He didn't even know that there was an island here! It was warm, even by Hoenn standards, and only a slight distance from the beach was a canopy of thick, tropical trees. They were parted near the middle, was if they were inviting him in.[break][break]

He felt his belt, trying to find his Pokeballs, but much to his frustration they were nowhere to be found. Great. So much for just turning back. He sighed, slowly pulling his battered body off of the sands, wondering how the hell he was going to kick this off.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]362 WORDS / +

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 23:41:31 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
When Shalin chose her Pokémon to be checked through Hoennian Customs, she had forgotten one small but important thing: she did not bring a single Water-type Pokémon with her! With much of the eastern half of the region covered in ocean, she metaphorically buried her head in her hands. Ultimately, it wouldn't be a big deal; Hoenn was full of Water-type Pokémon, and maybe she would make a new friend here! She did have a flying-type Pokémon, but Flit lacked the range to cross entire seas.

Instead, she boarded a small aircraft that took tourists to a remote island. While it wasn't Mirage Island, it was equally remote; she was warned she would have no cell phone reception there. She would be completely cut off from the outside world for a full week.

After crossing over Sootopolis Reef far off the island city's east, Shelin got a new notification titled "Eon Airlines 2774 ATTN: Shalin", reading:

Dear valued passenger:

We regret to inform you that one of more of your checked bag(s) was mistakenly loaded on the incorrect flight. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will be rerouting your checked bag(s) to your final destination. We will follow up--

NO SIGNAL

The blonde grumbled. What a time to fly into the dead zone she was warned of! On, no! Her Poké Balls and all her medicine and food were in there! The island came into sight shortly afterward. After deplaning, she came to the realization that she not only wouldn't be able to catch a water Pokémon, but she had no emergency supplies whatsoever, in case something untoward happened to her! This vacation couldn't possibly get any worse, could it?

What would be a death sentence for many, stranded on an island with no supplies for a week, wouldn't be trouble for Shalin. She was used to roughing it in the woods; after all, her home away from home was in the depths of Petalburg Woods! The challenge this time would be in going back to the very basics. She had to forage and hunt her own food for a week. It was her and her four Pokémon against the island's elements. At least she was on a full stomach from before her flight.

After the airplane took off and was out of sight, Shalin released Flit, her Yanmega. "Well, it's back to the Bewear Necessities for us until the airline drops my bag off," the rider sighed dejectedly as she climbed into the bug-type's saddle. "We should at least survey the island and find the best place to hunt our supper down and make camp." Nodding, the compound-eyed Pokémon noisily leaped into the air, giving Shalin a good view to survey the island from above. Flit was an apex predator, she had Kiara to start fires, Jugan could help out with foraging, and Prance would have no difficulty with finding fresh water. That was all she needed, right?

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Kiara         Litleo         Good
Jugan         Snivy          Good
Prance        Stantler       Good

{WC: 501}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 14:58:21 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

some people would be freaked out about the turn of events. being stranded on a random mirage island, with no other civilization in sight, and somehow no signal to his fellow rangers to warn them of an impending disaster. most people would be wondering what to do in such a scenario, wondering if maybe you should start biting off your own leg to feed yourself — because no way was he going to eat his own pokemon, even if they were named after delicious food.

[break][break] and okay, maybe ollie had freaked out. a little bit. when he'd first been stranded.

[break][break] but now he was here — cool as a cucumber. the other rangers would find him soon enough, as long as he didn't get eaten by a wild ursaring on the way. and plus, he could handle one ursaring. hopefully there weren't multiple. or something big and terrifying like a hunting pyroar.

[break][break] there is a sound nearby — one that alarms ollie — until he realizes that it belongs to a human boy and not a terrifying big cat. "oh hey dude," he says as non-clalently as bringing up the weather, as he continues to pick up sticks to pile into his arms. "you stranded here too?" it's said with the tone of 'you come here often?'

[break][break] he laughs softly, a bit strained. "look on the bright side — at least no rockets are here."

[break][break] not only does the ranger not realize the exact irony of his words, he doesn't realize a predator may very well be circling the skies in the form of .

[attr="class","ooc"] / [break]

deserted island

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/14px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ollie3 blockquote u { letter-spacing:0.5px; border-bottom:1px solid; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 15:44:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]At least Isaac wasn't stranded alone here. There was another guy, clearly with a few years on Isaac but looking quite youthful nonetheless. Shit, did babyfaces age that well? Maybe his curse was a blessing after all. He was currently picking up a bigass bundle of sticks, so it was clear he was in the survival game for the long haul.[break][break]

He also made his allegiance loud and clear immediately.[break][break]

Isaac blinked. He shot a quick glance down at his uniform. He could practically feel the pressure of the mask on his face. He thought back to the high speed chase with a Kyogre cultist. And then he smiled. "You're telling me," Isaac said, figuring that if this was happening now he might as well roll with it! "Fuck those guys."[break][break]

He made a point of ignoring the quizzical look that Watson shot him, instead heading over to the beach to help pick up sticks. When in Rome, and all that. "So, how long are you in for?" Isaac asked, indicating the seas with his head for emphasis. "Just got here? Or am I gonna walk down the beach and find out you've already gotten civilization started back up?" Depending on the answer, Isaac'd have an idea on how long he might be stuck here for.[break][break]

Then again, he already knew his answer; as long as it took to find his Pokemon.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! / +

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 19:30:55 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Though the beachfront on the west side was wide open, the canopy on the east side was so thick that Shalin could not see beneath it from the air. She would need to travel beneath it to investigate the thick jungle. Her first objective, of course, would be to find fresh water. She had no way of filtering salt out of ocean water. For such a lush rainforest to show up on this island, there had to be a big spring somewhere. It was just a matter of finding it.

After completing her aerial survey, Shalin saw a pair of human-like figures. "Flit, get me a closer look!" she commanded, pointing toward the two. The giant dragonfly quickly shed altitude, as though he was preparing for a chomping fly-by. In such a wild environment, meals were rarely this easy to find, but she would need every break she could get!

Once Flit was only a hundred feet above the ground, Shalin pulled back hard. "Flit, hold up!" she shouted instinctively. "Are those...people?! Take me down!" The curious Pokémon hovered toward the ground as gently as possible, but the sheer force of the moving air around his wings inevitably kicked up a large cloud of sand. She waited for it to clear before waving to the two young men on the beach. "Heeeeeeeey!" she shouted from her Yanmega's back and popped her earplugs out, her voice clearly audible now that his wings weren't sounding a headache-inducing drone.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Kiara         Litleo         Good
Jugan         Snivy          Good
Prance        Stantler       Good

{WC: 248}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 17:12:40 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"nah," he says. "just got here not too long ago. i did find a neat campsite spot — i could take you to it. i've only just started gathering stuff."

[break][break] to make a point, he leans down and adds yet another scrap of wood to his pile.

[break][break] "we'll need to start getting a lot of this stuff so we have fuel for the fire later tonight. it'd suck being in the cold." standing back up straight, he remarks, "i think this'll be good. we can just —"

[break][break] before he can explain, however, there is the sudden buzz of wings in the air and a cloud of sand that has them coughing. ollie's eyes widen in alarm, hand at his belt, ready to release a pokemon to defend them when he realizes that it's...

[break][break] ... just a girl.

[break][break] "yo!" he says with a free arm, waving wildly. "you stuck here too?"

[break][break]

deserted island

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/14px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ollie3 blockquote u { letter-spacing:0.5px; border-bottom:1px solid; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 17:31:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Shit, you too?" Isaac asked. "I just blew on in, like. Five minutes ago. Not exactly the island getaway of my dreams. But at least I'm not the only one in this mess. Two people meant twice the gathering effort. It meant lookouts instead of hoping Bidoof wouldn't gnaw your campsite to pieces. It meant no getting lost without anyone in civilizayion knowing. This shifted real quick from grim to very doable.[break][break]

"Good call. Least the coasts are usually warm, but-" Arceus, what was all that buzzing? Isaac ducked his head down to avoid getting sand in his eyes, while Watson clung to his leg to avoid being blown away in the breeze. It was loud. It was distracting. It was-[break][break]

A woman on a Yanmega. Huh. At least she seemed friendly. That was 2 for 2 on random helpful strangers. Isaac's luck was killer at that lately. Good. If it took a turn for the worse, he and his lack of Pokemon would be in trouble.[break][break]

"Hey," he replied, Ollie's own eager waving contrasted by a quick, calm one of his own. "This island cursed or something? Cause if you're steanded too, that's, like. Three in five minutes."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! / +

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 6:45:00 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Yep!" Shalin chirped as she slid off her Yanmega's back, dropping to her knees upon landing; her legs were still a little jelly from flying on his back. "Phew! That vibration wears you out!" If she had dismounted immediately, she probably would have faceplanted into the beach. "Name's Shalin, the wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn! And this is Flit, my friendly eyes in the skies! And who might you two be?" The title checked; though Flit's saddle did diminish the effects of the wildly-rattling exoskeleton enough that she didn't completely lose her senses while flying, there was still enough feedback for less iron-stomached people to become nauseated.

The curious dragonfly crawled closer to the two strangers, one of his compound eyes focused on Ollie, and the other on Isaac. While his mandibles made him look scary, the enormous dragonfly was well-behaved. He had to be; otherwise, why would the apex insectile predator allow riding gear on himself? "So I actually wanted to be here. I came out here to try to catch some Water-type Pokémon; none of mine cleared customs back at Slateport. Except the airline loaded my bags on the wrong flight, and now I'm going to have to wait for them for Arceus knows how long! Don't fly Eon Airlines, ever. Just don't."

She let out a sigh as she withdrew Flit and let the rest of her Pokémon out. "Kiara, Jugan, and Prance." First, a Snivy and Litleo that played with each other a little rougher than she'd have liked, and a Stantler that also wore riding gear. "I can handle this, though; I'm more comfortable in the wild than in the city! Flit and I have already scouted a ton of the island!" She shared her findings of where the ideal place to set up camp was; it was likely the one found. She also shared a location where they could get fresh water, though it was popular with wild Pokémon, as well. "Flit's a good hunter. If we need fresh meat, we can find it. Regardless, we should go to that camping place and figure out how we're going to divvy up duties. It'll be back to the Bewear Necessities for us until Eon Airlines gets me my bag."

{WC: 381}
{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 4:23:19 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"shalin," he repeats after a moment. what a fun name! it's not one that he's ever heard before. "nice to meet 'cha, shalin! can i call you shay?" it was a bit of a mouthful, otherwise.

[break][break] "oh — i'm ollie. and this is — uh, what did you say your name was again dude?"

[break][break] it's easy to get distracted, and the brunette does especially as one of shalin's pokemon wander close to him. he's not scared; pa had plenty of scarier critters on the farm, after all. ollie scratches the yanmega under the cheek some before steering back to the conversation at hand.

[break][break] he laughs. "well, looks like we all had a bit of bad luck today."

[break][break] not that ollie ever minds — he's sure they'll all figure it out together. nothing was so bad, as long as you had friends with you, right?

[break][break] seems more competent than either of them — unsurprising, since as pa said, a girl with a strong head on her shoulders were always better off than two dumb boys — and ollie is more than content to let her lead. "all righty," he says, wrapping the branches in a small rope before hoisting it onto his shoulders. "let's get on going then."

deserted island

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 4:45:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh. Oh no. Oh no, she was just as lost of a cause as everyone else here. Two of them were lost, and one of them was just incredibly unlucky. How the hell did an airline misplace a bunch of Pokemon? Literal living beings? Isaac made a mental note that, if there was ever a job to go against Eon Airlines, he'd take it with gusto.[break][break]

He'd certainly take it with more gusto than he'd introduce himself with. Shit. Giving a name while he was dressed like this was a catch 22. Either he gave his Rocket codename and just called attention to being a rather sus figure, or he gave his real name and basically jeopardized both identities. Nope. Nope nope nope. Both awful ideas. He had to think fast, decide on another name, find some way out of this mess-

"Watson," Isaac said, promptly stealing his Totodile's name for his own. "Yeah, yeah. Like the doctor. Don't you just love when your parents get Inspired?" He gave Watson the slightest nudge with his foot, a little signal for the Totodile to just roll with it. He wasn't going to waste such an A++ bluff by having his own Pokemon break his cover.[break][break]

A Yanmega, huh? Isaac hadn't seen one of these so up close and personal before. Honestly, they're kinda badaass! Isaac flashed it a gentle smile. "It's nice to meet you all," he said.[break][break]

Apparently a ton of the island was already scouted, too. That'd make things so much easier. If he could just get some simple directions, finding his Pokemon would be a breeze! Maybe. Sure, a bunch of random Pokeballs likely wouldn't be marked on the map, but at least he'd be able to navigate without getting hopelessly lost. "Nice job," Isaac said. "Wish I came into this mess half as prepared as you are, because sheesh!"[break][break]

Ollie was already setting up camp. Shalin had already done surprising amounts of setup and prep for this camping trip. The weight was already being pulled, and Isaac was just being dragged along for the ride. Not today! "Feel free to hit me with any tasks you've got. I didn't spend four years wandering around the region without picking up a trick or two," Isaac said. "With the three of us putting our heads together, this is gonna be a breeze!"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]412 WORDS / +

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 5:11:29 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Great to meet you too, Ollie," Shalin smiled, Kiara letting out a cute roar to try to impress the two people across from her. "Don't mind her; Kiara's always full of energy. No matter what I do, she seems to never tire. Young Pokémon are amazing, aren't they?" she mused. "And you too, Watson," she waved to the other young boy. "You seem like two headstrong guys. I hope so, because this might get a bit rough if you're not used to it.

Shalin thrust herself onto her Stantler, the Normal-type a bit more fidgety than she usually was. "They're not out here to hurt us," the rider assured, gently patting her mount's neck. "Alright, so priority number one is setting up camp. We're not going to be able to do much after dark. Without tents, we'll need to gather brush for a shelter. Of course, my tent was part of what got put on the wrong flight." She shook her fists out of frustration. "I already have a good spot. Follow us!"

If the two were willing to follow, Shalin would guide her Stantler at a pace the others could easily keep up with. While there wasn't exactly a trail to follow in the jungle-like environment, there was a nice clearing no more than three-quarters of a mile from the coastline they had met each other at. There were tree stumps scattered about the small clearing, a sign that others in the same predicament had used this site as a base camp, as well.

"So to set up shelters, we're going to need a fair bit of thick wood for the frame, and a bunch of brush to serve as a roof," the self-proclaimed survival expert explained. "If it's properly hatched, it should hold up even in strong winds. It won't be as comfortable as a tent, but it's gotta do." To her, it all seemed simple; there was a time back during her Johto days that she spent an entire summer in the mountainous wilds north of Ecruteak City without returning to town once. For those used to modern amenities, though, this would be the most torturous week of their lives.

"Once we get the shelter done, then food and water should be our next priority. I assumed shelter should be the first because I'm guessing we all ate a good meal before coming out here," she continued as their future camp's location came into sight. "Near the center of the island, Flit and I found what I can only assume is a big, freshwater spring that is the primary water source for every Pokémon that lives on the island. We're probably going to have to fight some wild Pokémon when we want to fill our canteens. But Flit's good at that too." She seemed almost too proud of her Yanmega.

"Then that remains the issue of food. There are plenty of spots to fish, and that spring is probably full of them too. But we can't survive on just fish." She let out a sigh. What she was about to bring up seemed cruel, but it was necessary if they were going to make it off the island.

"We're going to have to hunt some Pokémon for game," Shalin continued with a grim tone as the three arrived at the campground. "Depending on what's here, we may not be able to be too picky, either. As long as we have food, water, and shelter, we should be good to go. And once the airline gets me my bags, we'll have a lot less to worry about. Now, let's get to work."

{WC: 608}
{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 3:05:20 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i think my name comes from my grandfather," ollie laughs, even though he isn't quite sure. it's probably something that would remember, not him. "were your parents scientists and junk? my sister's a vet."

[break][break] he flashes a grin at and slaps him on the back with his free hand. "no worries, my guy! i'm just used to this stuff — i like traveling and hiking a lot. you always gotta be prepared, ya know?"

[break][break] as takes to her mount, mocha also appears in a flash of light. he hooks bundle of sticks onto the side of the wyrdeer, patting her once on the sound before mounting her. to the blond, he asks, "you got a mount, buddy? if not, feel free to hitch a ride."

[break][break] with a nod, they're off.

[break][break] as the green-haired lass goes off about their plan, ollie finds himself nodding in turn. "sounds good to me! since i got the wood, i can handle the shelter. shalin, you got the water? maybe isaac — ya can do food. unless —" he smirks. "don't tell me, you're squeamish?"

deserted island

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 2:41:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"No mounts on me, sadly," Isaac admitted. Granted, there were no Pokemon on him, period. But he didn't want to immediately burden the group by making them worry about all of that. At least he wanted to set up a base camp first before they charged off into a rescue mission half-cocked. "So thanks a ton for the offer."[break][break]

And with that, they were off! Shalin knew her stuff, big time, and was all too happy to share with the class. This was definitely a level beyond the camping he was used to. It was even a level beyond capital C Camping. This was advanced camping. The kind of camping where you needed to wrestle with nature bare handed and live to tell the tale. It was exciting. It was dangerous. And with his lack of other survival skills being brought to the table, that danger was something he'd have to confront head on.[break][break]

"I'll step up to the plate," Isaac said, nodding. "It's not pleasant work, but I've got some fighters with me. We can handle that while you guys focus on building up home base." It'd also give Isaac a chance to scout around and look for his Pokemon uninterrupted. Part of him wanted to ask what kind of Pokemon they'd need to hunt for. Another part figured 'what's your favorite kind of Pokemon to eat' was a really, really morbid question.[break][break]

"How close is camp to the lake, anyway?" Isaac asked. "Figure the closer we are, the better, so we don't need to keep hiking every time we're thirsty. But I can also see why we wouldn't want to be right in the thick of things. If there's only one central water source for the whole dang island, there's no way there won't be some chaos breaking out over there."[break][break]

Better prepare for a fight, Isaac. All signs were pointing towards them heading your way!

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @shalin +

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 7:27:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Yep, I got our water, Ollie!" Shalin chirped. "If you have any containers you want filled, I'll make sure they get filled right up!" However many containers they had, she was willing to fill up. The more resources the trio could stockpile, the better. Better to be too prepared than not prepared enough any day, especially when they were on an uncharted island with no way to contact the outside world.

Just as the green-clad girl was about to take off for the lake, Isaac had questions about where the lake was located. "It's a bit of hike from here; on a Pokémon it only a few minutes, but by foot it would be a lot longer. Once we get our shelter taken care of, how about I take both of you on a flight on Flit's back? One at a time, of course. That way you can get a Pidgeot's-eye view of the island." She stopped when Isaac expressed concerns about the single major water source attracting all kinds of trouble. "That's why I chose this site. Setting up camp too close to a major food or water source is asking for all kinds of trouble. If I don't see you when I get back, Watson, I'll see if I can find us some Berries, too. There are a few edible Berries I've seen around here. Good luck everyone!"

With that, Shalin headed north toward the island's central spring. Unsurprisingly, it was populated by a lot of wild Pokémon. Most of them were fairly young and not too territorial. Luckily, she had the perfect tool for scaring timid Pokémon away. That tool was Flit, her Yanmega. She released the giant insect and withdrew Prance, out of courtesy for her hearing. "Flit, use your BUG BUZZ for me," she asked the scary-looking Bug-type.

The giant dragonfly hovered near the center of the lake clearing, wings roaring with a drone so loud it could be heard throughout the entire island. The dozens of wilds fled the scene, leaving Shalin to harvest the lake's bounty for herself. Once she was certain all the Pokémon in the area have fled, she commanded Flit to stop buzzing and land. The Yanmega was going to do so anyway; he couldn't keep up beating his wings full blast for much longer to begin with.

Shalin had thought ahead to keep a fine water filter with her. She used one container to fill raw lake water with, and poured water from it into the rest of them, filtering it for any debris that might be floating in it. When she was done, she took a sip out of one of her personal containers. It was more refreshing than the bottled spring water sold in Pokémon Marts. Whether it was because the water was gathered directly from nature or she did the work to gather it herself, she wouldn't know.

Her task complete, Shalin swapped out Flit for Prance, then gathered the now-full containers and loaded them onto the Stantler's back before herself mounting up and heading back to base camp. What she did not know is there was an agitated-looking Inteleon stealthily tailing her...!

{WC: 532}
{PC: 5}
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 19:30:10 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"nah," he says to . "i don't got any." he hadn't come that prepared. this was still ollie, after all. "but i think i saw some coconuts on the beach when we were there - we could bust 'em open."

[break][break] he pats mocha as they slow to a stop near the site proper. shalin seemed raring to go off to fetch water for them, but isaac's questions stopped her dead in her tracks. "oh - nah," he says, waving his arm. "i think i know where you're talking about. me and mocha will bust right through those trees!" would be more efficient than taking two trips. plus, he wasn't sure if he wanted to inflict that much harm on the girl's yanmega, no matter how sturdy they could be. ollie alone was 6'5" and easily over two hundred pounds.

[break][break] ollie hops off of his wyrdeer's back and onto the ground, handing the reins over to . "you can take a ride with mocha - she's real chill. plus, it'll get you wherever you're trying to go faster."

[break][break] with that, the head ranger got to work setting up their shelter. after all, it was only a matter of time before sundown would strike.

deserted island

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times