Ashley Shepard
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 7:42:41 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
hover for info
Summer time near Petalburg City had the smell of the sea breeze against Sawyer's nose, as he rubbed it quietly, walking on. His tinted sunglasses hid his silvery eyes, with his grassy little chimp also wearing a pair himself. Together, Bongo and Sawyer would walk through towards where the beach was to relax. This was a small vacation away from Slateport City.

With a yawn, as he put down a single towel, he looked out to the ocean, pulling out his carton of smokes, and prepared to light one, only stopping short when Bongo gave him the look.

"What? It's just one... I swear, I'm quitting." The monkey, utilizing his very small stick, whacked Sawyer in the head. It wasn't enough for a concussion, but enough to make a small bonk. That was his favorite monkey and roommate. And partially the reason why he was quitting smoking.

You never quit quitting.

As he put the cigarette away, he leaned back. "Why did I ever let you know I wanted to quit?" Sawyer knew why, he just didn't want to admit it.

The breeze was nice, at least.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#00BFFF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 15:59:23 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin's Secret Base was still in the back of Petalburg Woods. Though much of its decor was in disrepair, likely due to families of wild Pokémon making it their home while she had traveled outside Hoenn for years, her personal sanctuary was still in place after six years. It just needed a little...remodeling. That was what she was on her way to Petalburg City for. She was going to pawn off some of her loot from her last expedition to finance said renovation. Thanks to Ivan's generosity and some quick thinking, her Litleo was going to be fine after nearly being skewered by that Scolipede's--er, Tari's--tail. That's right. Tari was hers now, and would never be doing such things to her Pokémon again. She also had to go to the tanner in Petalburg to get Tari fitted; after all, that exoskeleton would be quite uncomfortable to sit on!

Once she was clear of the forest, Shalin switched Pokémon from Prance, her Stantler, to Flit, her Yanmega. The giant dragonfly was the fastest way she had to get back to Petalburg City. There was some urgency in getting Kiara to a Pokémon Center, but it was for an injury that was not serious anymore. Super Potion could only do so much for a horn wound that deep, and she had done everything she could immediately do to get the girl on the road to recovery. She climbed aboard Flit, put her earplugs back in, and gave the command to take off. She loved the sensation that caused her skin to tingle every time the powerful bug-type took off, though she took care to do so in the middle of the road rather than uproot nearby grass.

Shalin took a detour toward the beaches near the road to Petalburg. She was still lacking in water Pokémon, and needed to keep her eyes open for one. The rider directed her bug-type mount along the coastline, both keeping their eyes open for a Pokémon to pluck from the waves. Flit put on a strong burst of vibration when making the final turn, knowing his rider would let out a whoop from every hair on her body standing on end. She loved it! After getting his trainer's blood pumping, Flit's compound eyes scanned the coastline. While he didn't see a Pokémon she would like, his curiosity did get him distracted by a Grookey and a young man that appeared to be about Shalin's age. He couldn't help but fly toward them.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Kiara         Litleo         Fair
Jugan         Snivy          Good
Prance        Stantler       Good
Tari          Scolipede      Good

{WC: 424}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 0:32:37 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Well, the breeze WAS nice. Vibrations in the wind, a strong one at that had the silver-haired Trainer turn his head. "... what in the..." he felt himself say, distracted. Long enough that Bongo would throw his pack of smokes into the ocean, unbeknownst to Sawyer at all. Bongo was proud, as he turned to face what was a giant dragonfly approaching.

Sawyer had seen the beast first, afterwards the girl on top. At, it was just a rider. Last thing he needed was a Ranger who knew his name. Silver looked good for his hair, not his wrists.

The girl on top was pretty, a nice mop of emerald hair that fascinated him. She seemed to derive enjoyment out of flying too, so maybe a wild spirit. "Hey stranger. See your dragon here took an interest in us." He pulled his sunglasses down, his silvery eyes peering out from the orange tint. "Looking to join us?" It wasn't like he was trying to be flirty, but the way it came out definitely seemed to have that edge.

Bongo, on the other hand, would approach Flit, his stick at the ready, but putting it away as he approached Flit, holding up a small little hand. A whoop came from his little mouth, as he stared in awe, attempting to say hello to the strange new green girl and her rather massive mounted dragonfly.

"Bongo is saying hello. Don't mind him, he's shy near new people... wait. Bongo, where the hell are my smokes?!" Sawyer would bite out, as the green monkey turned his head mischeviously. He knew where they were. In the ocean.

Little shit...

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 4:35:00 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
When Shalin noticed the young man was talking to her, she guided Flit to the ground for a landing near him and his Grookey. By the time she popped her earplugs out, the young man was introducing Bongo, which she assumed was his Pokémon. "I'm sorry, I missed what you said. It's a bit hard to hear when Flit's...well, flitting around!" She couldn't help but smile at her own terrible wordplay. The giant dragonfly's curious eyes shifted to the trainer and back to Bongo again. "Name's Shalin, wildest rider this side of Hoenn!"

If the grass-type's partner was kind enough to repeat himself when asked, Shalin would respond, "I'm mostly looking to snag a water Pokémon on the way back to Petalburg City. My home away from home is in Petalburg Woods and I need to pick up some things to renovate it. If you're headed that way, I can tag along!" Flit gently nuzzled Bongo and tried to smile, though his large mandibles made his smile look a bit creepy. He buzzed just his tail wings briefly as a verbal greeting; his main ones would almost certainly blow the Grookey away. "There's room for one more up here!" As usual, the girl was oblivious to how much she had honed her talents and did not think at all how intimidating such a Pokémon would be. Would someone with unknown balance be able to handle a mount as agile as a Yanmega?

{WC: 246}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 6:45:42 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Ah! Earplugs. Smart girl, Sawyer was impressed. Made sense to have those in while she flew, best to have them in during high speed flight. With how Yanmega's wings beat as fast as they do, it makes perfect sense.

Wildest rider of Hoenn, huh? With a hand on his chin, he would nod with a smile as Bongo and Flit shared a smile together, though admittedly Sawyer found himself slightly disturbed. Only slightly though. He was trying, and it was cute. Bongo appreciated it, and with his stick, whacked at the ground with a screech, impressed at his new giant flying friend.

Ah, she liked puns. Sawyer liked this one.

"No worries, Shalin. Name's Ashley Sawyer. Just call me Sawyer. This here is Bongo." And her little request had him brighten up, as he quickly moved for the mounting, Bongo now jumping to his shoulder. "You kidding? That's an experience, no chance I'm missing this." It was an opportunity to forget about everything for a bit, and just... fly. Look for Pokemon, sure, but flying? Now THAT was an experience.

Once he was on, making sure to hold on as he could, he nodded. "Let's see how Flit flits around then." He was grinning, pushing his sunglasses up on his face.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 3:28:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GASTRODON APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEMENTO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD POLIWRATH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUBMISSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 22:00:24 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"That's a good name for the little one!" Shalin replied as the Grookey took a swing at the ground beneath. She seemed just as excited as her guest did about getting back into the air. "Alrighty then, Sawyer! You'll want these for the flight. Trust me." She procured a second set of earplugs and handed them to Sawyer behind her. "I always keep a second set just in case. We're close enough that we'll still be able to hear each other, but...they'll keep you from going deaf. I'll put it that way."

Shalin couldn't help but smile at Sawyer's enthusiasm. It seemed almost a coin flip whether soaring on a giant bug got her a reaction of admiration or...well, the look. Once both of them were ready, Sawyer hopefully with the ear protection Shalin had offered her, she grabbed Flit's reins. They were much more complex than a Rapidash's or other land mount's, what with the Yanmega being able to fly in any direction while facing any direction. "Alright, Flit, let's fly!"

The blonde could not help but peer toward the huge insect warming up his wings. The telltale drone was clearly audible even though her earplugs; it would have been overwhelming, and even damaging, without them. Once they were up to speed, the Yanmega's wings looked like cones of light. A tingling sensation shot up the rider's extremities from the vibration rattling her mount's exoskeleton. That sensation drastically intensified when Flit briefly buzzed at nearly full speed in unison with a jump.

Flit and his three passengers were airborne, Shalin's blood pumping as the intense buzzing and rattling died down to something more manageable. "Yeehaw!" she whooped during the takeoff. "That never gets old!" She held Flit to a hover to make sure Sawyer was okay. If he wasn't too disoriented, she would bring him out of a hover and into a low sea fly-over, not doing anything too thrilling as to let Sawyer get used to the unique flight pattern the Yanmega exhibited.

That pattern was interrupted by swimming Poliwrath turning toward the bug-type and loosing a barrage of Bubbles. Shalin instinctively tugged on Flit to evade the aggressive swimmer's attack, a sharp vibration coursing from Flit's right wing. The thrust imbalance caused him to shoot to the riders' left with precision beyond an expert helicopter pilot's capabilities. It was over in a split second, but the throbbing exoskeleton and swerving were strong while they lasted. "Fun, isn't it?" Shalin asked Sawyer, not showing even the slightest sign of tiring.

{WC: 424}
{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 22:33:09 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
That made sense. As soon as Shalin hands them over, Sawyer puts them in his ears, taking extra precautions to ensure they don't fall out. With Bongo, he feels the need to return him to his Pokeball. Bongo is still a young'n, and keeping his ears safe and his hearing intact is paramount. With a pet and a quiet return, Sawyer prepares himself by holding on to Shalin, since he had nowhere else to hold.

"Alright, all set." Sawyer grins, a confident smile painted on his face, his teeth showing that pearly white shine.

Experiences like this are priceless. Sawyer knew that for awhile. Four years ago, he left a very bloody organization to go pursue a means to cleanse himself. At least for Sawyer, he felt more free. Liberated, really. Enough so to enjoy the world around him. So, when the Yanmega's wings audibly warmed up, causing Sawyer's body to tingle, Sawyer still gave his grin. He was ready to take o-

When Flit buzzes at his full speed, the silver-hair on Sawyer's head begins flowing through the wind, the wind pushing it every which way, as the rattle takes some time to adjust. Sawyer is holding on, as the tingly sensation over his body causes the man to shiver just a bit. It was weird. But...

Truth be told, still more pleasant than the time he rode a Rapidash without a saddle.

As Shalin made sure he was okay, the trio were set over the ocean, flying over in a low hover, Sawyer's silver eyes looking over the ocean from a view he had only had on ships. "Amazing... whoa..."

He shudders, as a Poliwrath attacks the trio, Sawyer's eyes quickly watching, as Flit easily evades with the in-sync utilization of Shalin's riding prowess. Without even flinching or breaking a sweat, Shalin asks, and Sawyer responds. "Yeah, it is actually! I-"

From the ocean, Sawyer watches as a small jet of water coming from a brown-headed pink slug fires towards them. It misses Flit, but Sawyer finds himself gaining a shower, as he's drenched. The giant slug re-emerges, leaving Sawyer blasted with what felt like a shower. "Looks like the residents aren't really here for us, huh..." he grins, patting Flit.

"You're doing great, Flit. Keep it up." Running a hand through his now wet hair, he considers pulling out a Pokeball... but decides to leave the brown-and-pink slug alone. As much as he might want it, it probably has a family. People who love them. Sawyer wouldn't do that.

"What else can you do?" Sawyer challenges, now smirking. He was used to Flit's movements now.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 7:43:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It seemed Sawyer was having at least as good of a time as Shalin was, particularly when Flit swerved out of the way of the Poliwrath's aquatic assault. "I was scared of him at first, but now Flit is my favorite way to fly!" She shared a story of one of her first encounters with the giant bug-type post-evolution, sending a horde of Jigglypuff flying with a burst of Bug Buzz. The vibrating wings generated enough wind to uproot every blade of grass in a circle as wide as his wingspan. It took her a while to muster the courage to fly on him, but every bit was worth it. She was impressed with Sawyer's bravery, able to adapt to perhaps the strongest bug-type species in the world.

When Sawyer challenged Flit to show more of his prowess, Shalin smiled. Her passenger was a natural at this! Perhaps he would appreciate some maneuvers that were wild enough to get her own blood pumping. She guided the insect close to the water's surface, letting his buzzing kick up quite the spray of water all around them. If the tingling feeling running through her skin wasn't indicative of Flit's raw power, the intensity of the waves he was creating was!

When they were about to reach the shore, Shalin guided Flit back over the sea as to not disturb sunbathers any more than she already was. The droning could probably be heard all over the sands! Thankfully, the two of them were close enough that they could still communicate over the cacophony that was Flit's fluttering. Her head occasionally turned toward his wings, which were as mesmerizing to watch as they were during her first flight.

"He asked for it - let's show Sawyer how quick you are!" Shalin commanded. Flit's wings started beating faster again; while it wasn't quite the full throttle needed for takeoff, the tingling sensation she felt intensified. Once they were higher above the waves then before, Shalin pulled her Yanmega to one side, then back to the other, very quickly. Getting the idea of what his trainer wanted, Flit used differential wing thrust to rapidly swerve to their right while still facing forward. "Flit can fly in one direction while facing another!"

A split second later, he reversed, darting to their left, all while facing forward. She repeated the maneuver a few more times, darting back and forth with almost hummingbird-like agility. The tingling sensation oscillating from one side to the other mid-maneuver might have felt downright alien if one was not used to it. "Wahoo!" she couldn't help but let out another cry. She was tempted to command for a Bug Buzz attack, but had second thoughts; that might make Sawyer too disoriented to keep his balance. "You're really good! If you want to try flying him, go for it!" She wasn't kidding, either; Flit's reins would reach far back enough for Sawyer to grab them, if he wanted.

{WC: 492}
{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 8:28:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHINY LUVDISC APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYDRATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SOAK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox"] HEAL PULSE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NOCTOWL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INSOMNIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EXTRASENSORY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MOONBLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROOST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 9:17:40 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Sawyer listens intently, despite dodging the Poliwrath's assault, intrigued by Flit's capabilities as they continued over the surface of the water, the intensity of the waves guiding his eyes to how the dragonfly caused such powerful movements in the water. It was a sight to behold, truly. When they neared the beach, Sawyer was finally given the challenge.

The wings beat even faster, and while Sawyer held on, he waited to see what Flit was made of. He got his wish, because the moment Shalin explained this odd ability Flit had, he swerves to the right, reverse, to the left, leaving Sawyer to grab on for dear life. His silver eyes seem surprised, but he grins all the same.

Yet, his stomach started to go as topsy turvy as the dragonfly's movements, as Sawyer puts a hand to his face. This might have been too advanced for him. Shalin yelled out again, but Sawyer just needed to keep his balance. When she offered the reins, he laughs.

"I'm good! I'm good..." He closes his eyes quietly, not even able to move much more, lest he loses his breakfast.

Even so, he tries to give a smile best he can. "Don't worry. I'll be good. Think it's just my first time riding a flyer this fast." He wasn't about to ruin Shalin's enjoyment of finding a new friend, but Sawyer had to admit. This would take some getting used to.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 2:25:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin couldn't help but giggle when Sawyer declined her offer; that last maneuver Flit pulled was wearing her out. She had this bad habit of making things way too intense for newer riders. While the back and forth darting wasn't whiplash inducing, it had to be extremely disorienting for her guest that was not used to it in the slightest. Seeing Sawyer grow noticeably more pale, she figured now would be a good time to land...for both their sakes. She felt Flit's shaking drop off noticeably, the bug-type seemingly floating toward the shore at a perfectly calculated angle.

"Whew! That is a lot of fun, but does it ever wear you out!" Shalin's Pokémon touched down at the edge of the wet sands, letting the two dismount. Though she had no issued sliding out of the saddle, her jelly legs immediately gave way when she touched the ground, face-planting into the beach with enough power to trigger the release mechanism on Jugan's Poké Ball.

The Snivy crawled over Shalin's arms, completely unbeknownst to her trainer. He had to scurry out of the way as Shalin rolled onto her back to be able to start breathing again. He hogged toward a beached Luvdisc with a bright yellow sheen and helped it back into the bay, where it could swim to safety. His trainer would have been furious if she knew the incredible find she had missed out on, but now she would never know! After a few minutes, Shalin started to regain her sense of touch, now able to at least sit. "Just be careful getting down!"

{WC: 268}
{PC: 5}
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 5:44:05 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Shalin even warned him, and Sawyer found himself falling over onto the sand regardless. The good news is, sand is soft. As he closes his eyes for a moment, Bongo releases himself from his ball, and proceeds to pat the silver-haired male. He had it a bit rough up in the sky. First time for everything.

"That was awesome." he exclaims, his tone quieter, as he rubbed the sweat from his face, and pushes his sunglasses up. "Sorry. First time riding something aerial. Rode a Rapidash once, but that's a tale for another time. That was a bit disorienting..."

Wait...

Shalin was in the sand. Sawyer finally adjusts himself into a seated position. Despite falling into the sand, it did hurt just a bit. Even so, as he brushes himself off, he moves closer to Shalin. "You okay? You took a few minutes there..." he asks with a worried, sheepish smiles on his lips.

Bongo would look at the trees at a particular Noctowl... the two had a staring contest.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 20:56:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PIPLUP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DEFIANT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POUND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEATHER DANCE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TRUMBEAK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SKILL LINK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUPERSONIC
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK BLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Easy Breezy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 5:32:23 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin looked happy to see that Sawyer not only was having a good time, but either had skill he wasn't letting on or was just incredibly gifted like she was. "Wait, that was your first time riding anything aerial at all?!" she gasped. "They're among the most difficult Pokémon to control in the air!" It was difficult enough controlling something that could independently fly and turn in any direction. That was without taking into consideration the tremendous feedback from Flit's wings. If she had taken them on a Bug Buzz run, the vibration would have been positively numbing.

Shalin had regained quite a bit of feeling in her limbs by the time Sawyer asked if she was okay. She couldn't help but laugh. "And you, too! After all, we were both sitting mere feet from a Yanmega's wings each about as big as we are, flapping what, a hundred times a second?" She couldn't help but grow her smile after her explanation, letting it sink in. "Of course I needed a few minutes to feel my legs again! It's so much fun, though!"

The bug trainer was startled by Flit's wings suddenly droning. While it wasn't painful, it was louder than the two experienced while riding, but with their earplugs in. It seems a stubborn Piplup picked a fight with Flit. The dragonfly had to carefully lure the wild away from the resting trainers, or they would be collateral damage.

When Shalin saw what was going on, she hastily put her earplugs back in, hoping Sawyer would see that and put his back in if he removed them before. The nimble Piplup weaved around Flit's crushing mandibles, trying to avoid using his sonic attacks around this many people. When the water-type was weaving in rapid beak and flipper strikes, he had no choice. "COVER YOUR EARS!!" she shouted, her intended audience anyone nearby.

Flit briefly took to the air and lurched forward to get the slapping and pecking Piplup off his head, then made a hard landing to stick his legs in the sand for maximum support before using his most devastating attack: Bug Buzz. It was an attack the dragonfly did not use lightly, nor did Shalin command it to be used very often. This was why she had warned everyone to cover their ears. Flit started buzzing his wings with such speed and power that he blasted sand around himself in all directions, but the harshest blasts were in the small water-type's path. The Yanmega's body was visibly shaking the entire time his wings were going at a speed well beyond what they were when he had two riders aboard him.

When the sand cleared, Shalin saw the extensive damage her Pokémon had caused. The Piplup's white skin was blemished by blue and black marks; a telltale sign that it was at the point where the two shockwaves converged. Yanmega's riders were sometimes exposed to one of his wings' shockwaves, which was still intense to resist, but ultimately harmless. It was being in the convergence zone of both shockwaves that was where the Bug Buzz truly did its harm, causing extensive internal injuries to foes. She took out one of her last remaining Poké Balls and lazily tossed it at the dazed Piplup.

Flit          Yanmega        Fair

{WC: 547}
{PC: 6}