Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not [M]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 2:23:50 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Floremancie
[break][break]
[break]
The glittery veil of night drew over the cottage of Fiorelli Floristry like a blanket, the countless flowers that blossomed in its gardens aglow with starlight. Several candles had been placed beside the pond where Elisabeth found herself kneeling now, the lilypads all the brighter for the muted ambience.

It had been a girlish whim that had brought her here, inviting to spend the night and enjoy one another's company. Something in her part-timer's air had seemed a touch distracted as of late, and though Elisabeth's new role as an admin in Rocket kept her further away from her flower shop, she had noticed the absentminded glances the young woman had in passing, and the strange vacancy in her normally bright and curious gaze.

It had given the florist a hunch, one that the devious part of Elisabeth decided to act upon. Meddlesome as it most undoubtedly was.

And though she wouldn't question it directly, she had come up with a means to discuss it nonetheless.

"My mother taught me this game when I was a young girl," Elisabeth said with a conspiratorial smile, gathering several roses in her lap. "When you are curious about someone's feelings for you, gather rose petals. Yellow for friendship," she began, plucking a single petal of that hue, "pink for affection, black for hatred, white for loyalty, and of course red for love."

As she spoke, she pulled one colourful petal after another, gathering them in her cupped palms. A Gardevoir seated beside her blinked at them and nodded, the kaleidoscopic array of flowers hovering telekinetically in mid-air as Elisabeth turned to face her companion.

"What you do," she said, gesturing to the still water, "is think of the person whose intentions you wish to understand. Concentrate upon them, and when the petals fall, the one that lasts the longest upon the water's surface speaks to their heart."

It was a love oracle, yes, but moreso a parlor game for giddy schoolgirls seeking to understand their own budding romances. 'He loves me, he loves me not,' a child might ask herself as she worried away at a daisy's petals. There had been a time that Elisabeth herself had been lost to such silly ideas.

"You don't have to play if you don't want to, of course," Elisabeth said with a dismissive shrug of her shoulders. "It's nothing but Kalosian superstition."

The result of the game mattered little to Elisabeth. Rather, she was curious if her suspicions about Cygne's distraction were right in the first place.

If so, who had earned the honour of capturing her attention?

[break]
[break]
[break]
Mission ✿ Slumber Party ✿
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 1:25:17 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Unlike when she was employed at GMH, nights spent working were one of her favorite things, and a real perk on the job at Fiorelli Florestry. Sometime’s they’d close down the shop, her and Elisa, and just sit and talk for a long time. Other time’s they’d grab a bite or go for a short walk before bidding adieu.

And other nights-- nights like these, when the stars were bright as wishes, the night air warm but not sweltering, and the flowers full and peaceful-- they’d have genuine sleepovers. Slumber parties of old, but the liquor was legal and there were no parents sleeping on the floors above to chastise them for giggling.

Cyg had taken a late lunch break and popped down to the market for some champagne and fresh summer strawberries. She had these in hand as she trekked back, finding Elisa by the lily pond, illuminated by candles.

She missed Elisa. A lot. She was super busy and gone more than not, of late, given she had gotten a big, fancy promotion and was a big, fancy Rocket bigwig, and Cyg was still, just, y’know, Cyg. Just… hanging out here, getting her ass saved, or drowned, or beat up, on a regular basis.

It was fine. It was fine, it was fine, it was fine.

She set the bottles of champagne and the strawberries down and sat herself crosslegged next to Elisa; she tilted her head and watched her ministrations with the rose petals, listening as her mentor-- and friend-- spoke.

“This smells a lot better than spin the bottle in Becky Corleone’s broom closet.”

She was quiet for a minute, mentally preparing herself, as she handed one bottle of champagne to Elisa, and fished her utility tool (screwdriver, bottle opener, wine de-corker, et cetera, et cetera) out of the pocket of her jeans.

“Hold on, I’m not drunk enough for this.”

It was kind of a joke but also kind of not (she popped the champagne cork and slid a red solo cup underneath it to catch the overflow) because she had a squeeze in her stomach that came from years of being emotionally constipated.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 6:34:12 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Floremancie
[break][break]
[break]
In truth, Elisabeth had missed , too. Her growing responsibility in Rocket had been unexpected; her preference, until now, had been to hide in the shadows of obscurity and bide her time for greater, grander things. Such things had merely manifested sooner than Elisabeth could have ever imagined.

Outings like this one were barely present in her day-to-day life, now. Making time for such memories felt like stealing something precious, like pocketing a star to admire on one's darkest and dreariest days.

"I never played spin the bottle," Elisabeth confessed, a sly smile on her lips. "Not enough boys of the appropriate age lived around me, I think." A morbid curiosity took her hold of her, wondering whether or not Cygne had any amusing stories to tell about Becky Corleone or otherwise, but ultimately, she decided not to be nosy.

Friends shouldn't be nosy. Although the entirety of this gimmick was an exercise in nosiness.

"Champagne?" she said, avoiding the introspection of her latest thoughts in favor of taking the bottle from Cygne's hands. "You always have the most marvelous ideas, Cygne. In floristry and in life." She sipped on the sparkling drink as she watched Cyg do the same; the young woman's discomfort was palpable, despite the smile she seemed determined to keep up to save face.

Elisabeth's expression softened, somewhat chastened by the reminder that this game could be an unwelcome one.

"We can remove the black petal if you like," Elisabeth said kindly. "Or if it would put you at ease, I can go first." Although she regretted her second offer the moment she spoke it aloud, hypocrite that she was.

The Gardevoir watched them both expectantly, glad to answer either whim.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 19:56:17 GMT
ana fell Avatar
“You’re not missing much,” Cyg confessed, taken back to the scent of a musty closet and sweaty palms, fumbling lips, embarrassing questions. “One time, though, she swiped a bottle of margarita mix and everyone thought it had booze in it because they were teenaged idiots. That was hilarious.”

Growing up with an alcoholic mother, Cyg found herself decidedly in the know about what actually had alcohol in it, and what did not.

She clinked the neck of her bottle gently against the dark glass bottom of Elisa’s. “Thank you,” she said, grinning into her sip. “Even a blind Greedent finds a nut every now and then, as my dad says.”

Cyg remembered the last time they’d talked about the haunts of Elisa’s heart, back when they’d had Fernando Silph’s credit card and had been blowing it up at a very expensive restaurant.

Ah, those were the days.

But she’d been cagey and secretive at best, and seemed in downright denial at her worst-- which was a joke because Elisa at her worst was still far better than Cyg at her best.

She didn’t expect to make much more progress with this delve, but it was always worth a shot. Cyg trusted Elisa to not get in over her head with anybody. But she also wanted to be apprised of Elisa’s romantic hemisphere so she could map out the targets and murder them if they did anything at all to hurt her best friend.

She didn’t say that. She just smiled and said, “Yeah, you first.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 1:08:59 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Floremancie
[break][break]
[break]
"Shy, are we?" Elisabeth said nonchalantly, shrugging as if this was not at all an unexpected move from in the slightest. "Fine, then. I suppose I can go first."

A snap of her fingers and the Gardevoir obliged, scattering the colorful petals in all directions across the glassy water.

Not that Elisabeth had any intention of discussing recent matters of the heart, herself.

Instead, she continued calmly, "There was this boy that visited the vineyards in the summer, for a little while. We didn't have margarita mix, but sometimes we'd steal away to my father's cellar and rifle through his wines. We had to be careful to pick the ones he cared the least about." Grinning with a hint of smugness, she confided with a wink, "My father could never stay mad at me for too long, however."

The memory felt hazy around the edges, like so many of the early parts of her life. She could remember bits and pieces, but not names and dates. How things made her feel, at least, was something she could recall.

"Ah," she exclaimed suddenly. "First petal sunk."

The white one lowered and descended to the watery depths.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 18:03:44 GMT
ana fell Avatar
at the suggestion that she was shy, like some sort of fainting violet to (use a flower metaphor seemed quite suitful to Elizabeth) Cyg did her best damsel eyelash batting. “But of course,” she said, threading a high pitch into her voice in a comedic impression of Elisa’s own highbred Kalosian accent, “it’s improper for a lady to air her dirty undies. I mean laundry.” And she laughed.

because she wasn't so much shy as she was confused. there was a lot going on in her life-- specifically with one single person that she thought about all the time-- and she wasn't familiar with that kind of weight taking up most of her mental fortitude. she had few enough brain cells to spare to do her Rocket work and her Elisa work, let alone have a romance.

She watched with curiosity as Elisa’s Gardevoir scattered the petals and listened with intent as her best friend and mentor recounted a tale of her youth-- but she couldn’t suppress a roll of her eyes and a big, shit eating grin, because of course Elisa was going to tell some fairytale from yesteryear and not talk about any of the things that were happening in her life, right now.

She was a cagey bitch. Cyg loved her.

how much easier their lives would be if they were just lesbians and each other’s types.

“Loyalty,” Cyg confirmed with a nod. “Well, you can’t expect a phantom from your girlhood to still be loyal, after all these years. Especially if you’re not in each others lives.” Cyg didn’t believe in fairy tales and she definitely didn’t put stock in the abstaining power of men.

“Unlesssssss,” Cyg ventured, drawing out the consonant as she swirled her champagne bottle like a wine glass, “the Telltale Heart boy was a ruse and you’re actually thinking about someone with whom you’ve dallied with recently.” She threw that word in there because she figured Elisa would like it. “In which case I need to know immediately so I can murder them, postehaste.”

[/blockquote]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 18:58:27 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Floremancie
[break][break]
[break]
"I am perfectly capable of murdering the subjects of my own dalliances, Cyg," was Elisabeth's quick, unbothered reply. "Although I'm flattered you assume I'm in the middle of some intricate web of romancing."

She rested a hand on her cheek, emerald eyes sparkling with amusement. Provocation was her specialty, as was deflection. So it was with a natural ease that she followed with a parry and riposte:

"However, I am afraid that I am a rather boring person, Cygne. And that whatever lurid tale you're imagining in your head, the mundane reality is only going to disappoint you. I haven't said that the subject of my little oracle is romantic at all, have I?"

The champagne in their glasses glittered like liquid starlight, sloshing back and forth as Cygne drank. Elisabeth mirrored her, savoring the lightness of the dessert wine.

"You, on the other hand," she continued, raising a glass, "are a bright, extroverted woman with a wide-ranging network of contacts. I think you are by far the more interesting study between us, don't you?"

The red petal lowered itself next to the bottom of the pond, sinking gracelessly into the darkness.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 19:58:41 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg laughed, a genuine, sparking sound; she was shocked at the thrill of excitement that shot through her at the thought of Elisa defending herself. It was like the world’s most fucked up buddy cop move, what was playing in her head. “Yeah, I know you are,” she said, a little dreamily, still smiling. “Capable, I mean.”

She took a sip of champagne and let her eyes fall on Elisa. “Well. I know you’re keeping secrets. Which is fine. You’re a big admin now and all that.” The sarcasm woven into her tone was smothering.

Laughter found her again, eyebrows lifting at Elisa’s continued deflection. “Yeah, yeah,” she said, sliding closer to her friend. She had the grace to blush when Elisa called her interesting. “Nah, I’m just a grease monkey of no importance. My life is intrinsically boring.”

Aside from robbing abandoned underwater structures with an piloted Genesect and hunting ghosts with , she didn’t really get up to much of anything fun.

“I think you think I’m a lot more social than I really am, Elisa.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 6:36:23 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Floremancie
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth hid her smile behind her sip of champagne. "Let's be honest, Cygne. If I didn't keep secrets, I'd lose whatever little charm I possess."

The way that talked about herself, however, caused that smile to fade. It was true that Elisabeth had an idealised view of her coworker and friend, although the florist herself seemed wholly unaware of it. Her mental image of Cygne was rosy around the edges, assuming that others viewed her companion with the same pink-tincture as she did: smart, funny, insightful, and resilient.

Maybe it was because so many of Cygne's strengths were things Elisabeth herself lacked. Maybe it was because Cygne seemed so at ease existing in Hoenn in a way that Elisabeth herself wasn't, that she was so aware of the culture around her and able to effortlessly make quips referencing movies, songs, and media that Elisabeth herself didn't know or understand.

So at Cygne's suggestion that this idealism was, in essence, false, made Elisabeth let out a tiny 'hmm' of thought.

"Well," she said at last, "then that is disappointing. Because I can think of few people who wouldn't enjoy your company, Cyg."

The blonde lifted up the champagne bottle with a sort of odd defiance, refilling Cygne's glass as she added, "But I refuse to accept that you are boring. Perhaps more champagne will cause you to feel differently." Was it hypocritical that Elisabeth had viewed herself as boring just moments ago? Yes. Did she care about this? Absolutely not.

She had enough champagne at this point for such rationale to completely escape her.

This time, it was the black petal that sank to the floor.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 14:46:36 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg gave Elisa a dagger-like look. “That’s not true,” she said, last word a loud scoff. “Elisa, you wouldn’t even lose, like, half of your mystery, let alone your charm.” Hell, the woman could probably spill her darkest secrets and Cyg would still be in the dark. Her boss was an onion-- she had layers.

Elisa’s next compliment made her blush. She swelled with warmth at the thought that people enjoyed her company-- at least two of them, Isaac was on that list-- and she just grinned a dopey grin as she accepted more champagne. “It must be those people that I keep finding then.” She shook her head and sighed. “It’s fine. Hey, did I tell you I’m building a motorcycle?”

She was ignoring the petals at this point, preparing for her own turn.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 4:41:02 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Floremancie
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth loved seeing smile. It was a simple pleasure, but no less wonderful for it.

There were few things better than seeing her favorite people enjoy themselves. She'd been lonely enough years to cherish this small thing, for it was rare and precious to her.

"I agree completely. The right people are worth their weight in gold, and ought to be treasured as such," the florist said, and the warmth in her own words soundly declared Cygne to be one of them. It was possible that the alcohol was partly to blame for how tender her voice had become, a stark difference from the aloof and professional decorum that characterised Elisabeth's day-to-day work behind the counter of her flower shop.

To Cygne, however, that part of her boss would be much more familiar: a privilege of their friendship.

"You have told me no such thing about your motorcycle endeavors, so of course you must do so now immediately," Elisabeth said, enraptured, as the pink petal drifted under its own weight, at last, into the water.

Leaving just the yellow behind.

A symbol of enduring friendship. 's.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 16:04:07 GMT
ana fell Avatar
She lets her eyes fall to the yellow petal, smile a lazy thing, lingering on her face. She always feels happy when she’s with Elisa. It’s a rare thing.

“Um, yeah,”
she says, remembering she was telling a story, “for a-- a friend. He’s driving a massive deathtrap right now. It’s a big Orren half-hover bike, which is… horrendous. It’s so ugly. The whole engine block is just-- exposed. So I’m building him a new bike. Mostly from scratch.” The engine was coming together nicely, but she was still hesitant on the frame, didn’t know if she wanted to repurpose an older vehicle for speed of acquisition or begin anew.

“He is also a Rocket,” she adds, as though that tidbit carries any value or meaning outside of eventual heartbreak. She doesn’t know what makes her volunteer that information, but it’s out there, anyhow. “Anyway, my turn for Flowermancy, right? Like a real Winx girl.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 23:02:33 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Floremancie
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth had no idea what a Winx girl was, but attempted a clueless nod, as if to confirm whatever it was that had said aloud; the Gardevoir dutifully rearranged the petals that had fallen to the bottom of the pond, levitating them overhead and spinning them so that water droplets scattered free of their glossy surface, before allowing them to descend once more.

"Just like a Winx girl," Elisabeth said, unaware of what that sentence meant entirely.

Sometimes she felt dreadfully old, out-of-touch, and unfashionable when next to her much more cultured friend.

Likewise, as described the junky contraption that her friend was riding, Elisabeth struggled immensely to imagine the Orren half-hover (did this mean there was such a thing as a full-hover?) bike.

"That sounds terrible," she said, which seemed true based on Cygne's facial expression, but she didn't feel confident enough to elaborate on the subject. "How long will it take you to make a new bike, do you think?"

The slight hesitation before her admission that the man was Rocket surprised Elisabeth, slightly.

"Do you think I don't approve of association with Rocket men?" she asked, amused. "How funny. Far too many League affiliations consume my own time. It's a habit I'm trying to break."

It was perhaps the closest she'd ever tiptoed to discussing her own romantic life with Cygne, although the other woman might not notice.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 13:33:26 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg knew Elisa enough by now to understand that, while she was an amazing woman, her knowledge of pop culture couldn’t fill a thimble. She laughed when Elisa agreed with her.

“Winx was a show about, like, teenage witches, or something. I didn’t have cable growing up so I only caught reruns but they were super girly and flowery and shit,”
she elaborates.

She nods fervently when Elisa agrees that ’s deathtrap sounds awful, taking a long draw of champagne as she does. “It’s so ugly. And dangerous.” Then Elisa asks her how much time it’ll take to build a new bike and she winces. “Maybe… the rest of the year? What with work and the Kyogre boat and trying to get my own Genesect… I’m kinda in a weird place with it where I need to make a decision but don’t know what to do.” She shrugged.

Cyg had to laugh, at herself, at the situation. “I don’t know why I said that,” she confessed, drawing circles in the condensate on her champagne bottle, “maybe to convince myself that it’ll be okay.”

She doesn’t miss the admission, instead latching onto it like a bird of prey.

“Is Fernando even considered a member of the League? I thought he was his own entity.”

Like she was on a first name basis with Fernando fucking Silph. He'd bought her a very expensive dinner, once... by proxy.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 22:54:28 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Floremancie
[break][break]
[break]
"Ah," Elisabeth said with quiet, slow-dawning realisation, as though this explanation of Winx girls made perfect sense to her.

It didn't, but mercifully Cygne continued on regardless.

Elisabeth leaned back and tilted her head skyward to enjoy the view of the stars as she listened to Cygne discuss her recent exploits: her pursuit of a Genesect, the exhausting task that would be repairing (Or was it rebuilding? Elisabeth had already forgotten) 's motorcyle, and something about a Kyogre boat. What was a Kyogre boat? Elisabeth should ask, but the bubbles of the champagne were distracting her from doing so.

The half-question, however, did draw her attention as Elisabeth's gaze turned back to her friend, an eyebrow lifted as she lowered her flute of bubbly. "What kind of decision?" she asked, though hers was a gentle, curious prodding; if Cygne didn't want to say, she wouldn't press her.

A kindness that she hoped would be extended towards her in return, given the direction that Cygne's line of interrogation went next.

Her emerald eyes stared on the bright petals floating on the water, unfocusing for a moment. The levity that had buoyed her previous deflections sighed out, leaving her voice flat, lacking its usual musicality.

"I wouldn't know, Cyg. I haven't been to dinner in Slateport for some time."

A tired smile looked back at the other woman as Elisabeth reached for another flute of champagne, this time moving as if to toast the two. "Between us, I believe there is something to be said for making one's bed with other wolves. Don't be upset with yourself for finding someone who can understand you for who you are, and who you can know for all that they are. It's a rare thing."

She didn't elaborate beyond this, letting the taste of sparkling wine fill her silence.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]