Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 3:29:03 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Révélations
[break][break]
[break]
Night, as ever, served as the backdrop of Elisabeth's meeting with . She silently suspected that her recent promotion to admin was in no small part due to her work with the underboss; the blood they'd spilled together had tied them together in an intimate way, one tighter than marital or familial bonds had ever held her.

She trusted the man wholly and completely, in all senses of the word.

She would, and had, killed for him.

For that reason, Elisabeth hesitated outside his office door longer than she would otherwise. Though distant, the faint pressure of LUGIA could be felt emanating through the walls. It was a reminder of the disparity between their power, even given Elisabeth's rising in the ranks of their shared organisation.

A pressure Elisabeth had most recently felt during the infamous Dawn of the Darkest Day.

At the fresh memory of that fateful hour, the faintest furrow in her brow cracked Elisabeth's once-flawless composure, before she smoothed it out with a soft exhale.

There was nothing unusual about her visit here, on paper. Nothing to draw suspicion or ire. She was gathering intelligence, nothing more and nothing less.

And that was, she reminded herself as she opened the door, the only reason for this meeting she had called between them.

Professional curiosity. Not self-preservation.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 19:21:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin had, in fact, supported the decision to raise Elisabeth to the position of admin. Her unabashed enjoyment of the crimes they'd committed together might've been unsettling if not for the knowledge that such pleasures stemmed from a troubled past. He'd found in her a kindred spirit, and a selfish desire to raise her to new heights that she might help to further his own goals.

That, and she was delightful to talk to.

So the underboss is at ease when she opens the door, the PRESSURE of the room intensifying as she steps into the space not in an effort to cause discomfort, but merely a side-effect to Lugia's presence beyond.

"Elisa." Warm, welcoming. "Come in."

He doesn't know what this is about; hopefully nothing too terrible.

"How can I help you?"

He gestures wordlessly to a pot of peppermint tea on his desk, an offering. His own cup still steams, suggesting a recent brewing.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 19:32:25 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Révélations
[break][break]
[break]
"Gavin." Equally warm, if with a touch of polite distance. This was not, entirely, a social call.

Elisabeth lowered herself into her seat, inhaling the fresh scent of the brewed tea with some amusement. "I have begun to associate you with the smell of peppermint leaves," she commented idly as she poured herself a cup, then brought it to her lips. "Did you know some believe mint leaves mean virtue in the language of flowers? It suits you."

She crossed a leg, allowing for a moment of silence to steep between them, before ultimately breaking it with a soft sigh:

"I imagine you are wondering the reason I requested a meeting with you today. I will cut to the chase, then."

Her emerald eyes met his, holding them for a moment.

"I want to discuss something that happened during the Dawn of the Darkest Day."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 19:43:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"There are worse things to be associated with."

The sharp scent of peppermint does what it can to mask the clinging odor of cigarette smoke. His office is spotless and well-kept, but nothing can be done about the subpar air circulation in the submarine HQ.

I really ought to get a proper office in Sootopolis.

He inclines his head as she correctly assumes his curiosity, allowing her to explain herself without interruption. His expression pinches at the mention of the Darkest Day; was still in recovery from those horrible events, and ...

He shakes his head softly, subconsciously, as if to clear it of negative thought.

"By all means, that's what I'm here for."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 19:49:11 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Révélations
[break][break]
[break]
The tea cup was placed upon its saucer; her words remained even, calm, and level in their intonation.

"What is the nature of Rocket's animosity with ?"

Simple. Direct. To the point.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 19:55:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The shift in Gavin's demeanor is immediate. Casual warmth sours into cold hostility, though it does not seem directed at his guest. Fingers curl tight around the delicate handle of the teacup, and he sets it down with forced calm.

He doesn't ask why she wants to know; she's an admin, now. It's her right.

But it's more than that. She's a friend.

"He's a pillar of the League, an avatar, and a thorn in our side."

But that didn't justify what they'd done to him. What more Gavin would've done, with his own two hands, if he'd had the opportunity before the councilman's escape. His fingers twitch as if with the desire to wrap around 's throat.

"Do you disagree with the brutality?" His golden gaze is dark, molten. "It was justified, I assure you."

I should've killed him while I had the chance.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 20:05:24 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Révélations
[break][break]
[break]
Well. This must be personal.

Nothing else explained the way that 's hand twitched with the desire to fling the fragile cup across the room. The eerie calm that had restrained him was like that of a collared beast, fangs bared and claws readied for the first person foolish enough to venture too close.

As for Elisabeth herself, her posture remained impeccably poised. She had known men swept away in the throes of rage and maintained the very same stoic, icy composure in their line of fire. Nothing betrayed the way her heartbeat began to quicken in her chest, almost claustrophobic as it pressed against her lungs, save for the briefest flash of her throat as she breathed.

And even this was so slight as to suggest nothing more than faint surprise.

"No." Her answer came out flat, but ringing with certainty. "It is not your way to gouge out the eyes of political prisoners. Not without reason. You have told me the path you desire for Rocket, and I know there is a distinction here."

If he was looking for a fight with her, he would not find one in the empty stare of her lightless emerald eyes.

"I need to know the distinction. Between those who are a thorn in our side, and those who are seeking to topple us entirely."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 20:27:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
TW: mentions of sexual assault

No. It is not Elisabeth Fiorelli whom Gavin means to fight.

His nostrils flare with a deep pull of breath, and Gavin composes himself in its exhale. A collared beast, indeed; collared by Rocket, that those fangs and claws might suit their purpose. So too had they taught him restraint, to bury the self beneath obedience.

He is losing that, lately, his true nature shining through the cracks left by the departure of crueler masters.

"My qualms with Silph are personal."

He raped my sister.

That is not how had characterized it to him. Not exactly. But it's how Gavin sees 's act of brainwashing, without a doubt.

"He used his fucking mist to brainwash my sister. My regret is that I didn't have the time to castrate him before that ⁠— thing busted him out." He has no name for Mewtwo, a creature of Silph's creation. He doesn't even know if it's in any way affiliated with Silph; during the chaos of the Darkest Day, it's entirely possible that all manner of disturbances had occurred.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 20:52:45 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Révélations
[break][break]
[break]
"Fais-toi mouton, le loup te mangera."

"Be a sheep, the wolf will eat you."

The information settled in the crevices of Elisabeth's mind like thick, black tar, smothering all other thoughts into the heavy weight of silence. She nodded, once, to indicate she had heard . In the woman was no resistance to his words; hers was a history in which wolves hid in sheep's clothing, biding their time to rip apart their prey at their most vulnerable moments.

There was equal reassurance and self-loathing in this confirming of her darkest fears and assumptions about herself, about the world, about what it meant to exist in her own weak body.

That she was drawn only to things that, inevitably, would destroy her.

A faint memory of pink mist snaking around the councilman's wrist came to mind, its appearance in her garden that first indicator of something amiss. Something wrong. A silent alarm that went off in her, unheeded, as all warnings in her ever did.

"He used his fucking mist to brainwash my sister."

And here something in her psyche shattered, eyes widening in sudden horror.

What did that mean. What were the possibilities, exactly, when it came to something of this magnitude?

Had something happened that day in her garden? And if so, would she even remember it? How would she know if she had been brainwashed?

Had her actions until now truly been her own?

"He can manipulate others?" For all her nonchalance, the faintest quiver of fear revealed itself in her soft reply. "How was such a thing possible?"

Unspoken: And how would I know if it had happened to me?

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 21:07:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin can recognize fear. He's been trained to. But, perhaps blessedly for Elisabeth, he does not take her alarm for anything more than a reasonable reaction to an abhorrent situation. Any suspicions he might've had are buried in his seething hatred for Silph.

"He's an Avatar. Tapu Fini."

Gavin cocks his head, a cruel satisfaction glinting in his eyes.

"Was an Avatar," he corrects, soft. "Not anymore."

M.A.G.M.A had taken care of that.

"That mist of his turned people mad during an excursion. I'll show you the files." Sure enough, he opens the laptop on his desk and navigates to the report made by then-underboss on the EVENTS. "Who knows what else it can do?" Another pause, a pull at the corner of his mouth. "Could do."

They'd neutered the beast, at very least. That had to count for something.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 21:36:09 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Révélations
[break][break]
[break]
"So he's neutralized. Anyone who might have been under his thrall, I would presume, is under such influence no longer?"

Were her questions to too obvious? Too pointed? Elisabeth's restraint on her own tongue felt pushed to its limit, something in her screaming to voice the truth of her own silent terror aloud.

Pride fought the confession down, burying it deeper and deeper, waiting for it to decompose and rot like countless other sins that she denied in herself.

She focused, instead, on the files that he turned her way. Reading them. Accepting the objective portfolio of knowledge for what it was: evidence that what Gavin said to her, right in this moment, held truth beyond his own emotion.

What had been Elisabeth's worst fear until now, a repeat of her past decade of marriage? To be a caged bird again, controlled by the whims of an abuser more powerful than she? One didn't need to be an Avatar to paint a woman insane in the eyes of all around her; Elisabeth had learned that intimately with the press in Kalos.

You weren't supposed to ever feel this helpless again. Something hitched in her throat, tightening as her fingernails dug into her legs to distract with as much pain as she could bear. You sacrificed too much. You killed him, and you killed yourself. How could you be so trusting?

The panic was building to a crescendo, the temptation to beg one of her Pokémon for Aromatherapy driving her mad enough that she clung to a topic, any topic, to get her to listen to something other than her own thoughts:

"Given his unique power, how did you disarm him?"

Hers was a pale face devoid of emotion, its own absence of colour as revealing of her inner turmoil as anything else.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 21:50:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Lulu snapped out of it herself." He's proud of for coming to her own conclusions, and uses her name in the moment without thought. "She—"

He stops, realizing his mistake. His eyes narrow.

"That stays between us."

For Lulu was but a name, but it was the name of Rocket's brilliant head scientist whose amber eyes matched his own golden hues. The resemblances were there, for those who knew to look.

"It wore off after some time apart, we think."

Then, the pointed question, entirely ignoring her second one in its favor:

"Has something happened to you?"

She wouldn't be the first, but blessedly she might be the last.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 22:13:16 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Révélations
[break][break]
[break]
I don't know.

The honest answer to 's question hovered on the tip of her tongue, desperate to be given voice. Aching for reassurance or support of some kind, even if only in meaningless words.

Elisabeth swallowed the impulse back, saying instead: "I am nothing if not discrete. Of course her name stays between us."

Why? Why was this sin so hard to articulate, when she had so frankly confessed to Gavin of other atrocities she'd committed? Had they not once sat here discussing the murder of her late husband, the very crime that had damned her to infamy in Kalos?

That had been a triumph, however. This was something else, something shameful: an admission of her own continued faults, of her own weakness.

She wanted to trust Gavin. Worse, she did trust him.

The person Elisabeth trusted least, as ever, was herself.

"You know what I have endured better than most. What you are describing is, if we are to be honest, my own personal circle of hell."

Her hands pulled away, the red marks left underneath black fabric given space to breathe with this partial truth.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 22:11:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"That wasn't my question."

His words are paired with the sharp, penetrating stare of a Rocket underboss, but there's a softness in those amber depths that suggest something other than a reprimand. He's worried for her, though uncertain of how to sidestep around her pride to express as much.

He knows what it is to feel helpless. Scared.

He knows what it is to have been abused.

But he knows the perils of pride, as well, and the difficulty to bare one's shortcomings before another.

So he offers something more.

"Have you any gaps in your memory? Injuries you can't explain? Strange occurrences or changes in behaviour?"

He might not state it explicitly, but Elisabeth is smart: these are things he's relating to his sister. The bruises she couldn't explain, the uncertainty of time, the fact that she no longer needed glasses despite vision issues since they were children.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Accismus [Social]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 22:33:47 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Révélations
[break][break]
[break]
Logic shone through the haze of uncertainty and panic like a welcome ray of light, slicing through the dark anxiety that had begun to push against her lungs. Helpless words crawled out from her throat, pressing apart her lips to demand their utterance at last:

"No."

Elisabeth's hands wrapped around her shoulders, calming herself with slow, shuddering breaths.

"No gaps. No injuries. No--"

Emotion faded, replaced by cold, unfeeling calculation.

Her eyes lowered, considering her next words, before releasing them in a bitter exhale:

"No inexplainable changes in behavior."

She and had met under ordinary circumstances, a random decision ordained by the whims of the Palentine's Day event. His patronage of her flower shop afterwards was not, in itself, a significant occurrence. The personal phone number he gave her could be explained by idle curiosity, born from a genuine spark between two individuals. And everything else could carry from that, organically.

Elisabeth had believed that until now, after all, hadn't she?

"...I don't think he knows what I am," she said at last, turning to . "There's no reason to think I am compromised, if what you are saying is true."

Silent memories dispersed themselves like petals to the wind, a flimsy pretense at romance that she herself had not believed in entirely.

But she had not doubted it entirely, either.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]