Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Making a Song and Dance of It
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 22:59:43 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monlyrics"]Lead me on a merry dance.
[attr="class","monbody"]This grooming salon must be cursed, Aurelie thought flatly as she stood in the waiting room of a familiar grooming salon located in the Lilycove City department store, listening to the panicked ranting of an all-too-familiar young man fussing about Pokemon contests. Either that, or I'm cursed to run into him every time I come here, I swear to Arceus.

The man in question was someone that Aurelie had run into before, when she'd come into this grooming salon a few months ago and been whisked into helping groom the man's grouchy, dirty Furfrou into competition readiness alongside a very disgruntled . Despite the inconvenient and ridiculous situation, Aurelie had ultimately regarded it as a mixed blessing. Not only had the trainer paid up generously enough, but also the grooming salon had placed an order afterward for some hand-forged, custom grooming scissors and clippers, which she had just finished delivering at the front desk.

However, running into that man again was making the blessing seem less mixed and more negative the longer she loitered in a far corner, trying to avoid being noticed.

Unfortunately, a red-haired woman with an eyepatch didn't make for the most inconspicuous target, and the man soon noticed her as he spun around waving his arms in despair. "You!" he cried, pointing a shaking finger directly at her. "I remember you! You helped me for that last Pokemon contest where my precious Fluffy took first place! You simply must help me now! The choreographer that I usually employ to plan my Pokemon's routines has simply vanished! Into thin air! And the salon has the gall to tell me they don't know her contact information!"

Aurelie was so flabbergasted by this entire diatribe that the only thing she could think of to say in response was, "Wait, you don't plan your own Pokemon's routines?"

"You don't understand!" the man wailed, achieving a register of shrillness that Aurelie had previously thought the exclusive domain of spoiled toddlers or world-class operatic sopranos. "I can't come up with my own choreography on such short notice—it totally inhibits my creativity and artist's imaginative spark! Please, you helped me before, you must help me again! I simply must have a dance routine for my precious pair of Persians, or my reputation is doomed forever!"

Before Aurelie could open her mouth to say no, the man continued, with unexpected astuteness, "I will pay you double what I paid for the grooming. No, triple. Triple!"

"Tri...triple?" Aurelie stammered, derailed by visions of fresh money and paid-off bills dancing in her inner vision. "And all you need is...is a dance routine?"

The man clapped joyfully and thrust a business card into her unresisting hands, quite as if everything was settled. "Oh, good, you've agreed! I need a traditional, beautiful, serene dance for my two Persians in three days! Here's the address for the theater where we've been practicing. Show me what you come up with in three days, and I'll pay you for all your time and effort. What a kind soul you are once again, saving me in my time of need!"

Then, just as he had before, the man darted out the door, leaving Aurelie standing there open-mouthed, holding the business card and thoroughly confused once more about how it had all happened.

Well, Aurelie thought finally, once she'd collected her wits and organized her thoughts into some semblance of working, triple payment would mean I'd be paid up on rent the rest of the month! And I know he's good for it. But Pokemon dance? I'm no good at figuring stuff like this out! I need help!

When she wondered, Who do I know that'd be good at 'beautiful, and serene and traditional'?, a familiar face with delicate features, framed by flowing dark-purple curls, floated airily before her mind's eye. She remembered listening to brief, but poetic descriptions of growing up in Ecruteak City, learning traditional art forms. Pulling out her phone, Aurelie scrolled through her contacts list and paused on .

She tapped the name. "Hi, Xiura," she said as soon as the call was picked up. "This might sound a little strange, but I really need your help on a matter of Pokemon dance routines..."

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
May you always know pain as temporary and laughter better.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 2:06:25 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]MISSION: COORDINATOR CHOREOGRAPHY

[attr="class","kikan"]
Xiura didn't often receive personal phone calls, but when she saw the distinctive name of on her digital screen, she immediately picked up.

"Hi, Aurelie, how are you?" she said, a genuine smile in her voice.

This smiling expression swiftly transitioned into a furrowed brow of confusion as she listened to Aurelie's description of an upcoming Pokemon contest with a dance routine. But for a man's pair of Persians? She wondered how in the world Aurelie could have gotten roped into such an odd and fantastical request, especially as a forger.

She tentatively answered, "I haven't had experience choreographing for Pokemon before, but I'm sure I could help come up with a routine! We did take traditional dance classes back in Ecruteak, to round out our skills at the teahouse. The other girls and I, that is."

Xiura glanced over at Incineroar, who was taking an impromptu afternoon siesta at a booth in the corner of the cafe. Not very professional, but it was a slow day, anyway.

"If anyone, I'm sure Incineroar can invent elegant feline moves for their routine!" she said loudly, emphasizing the Pokemon's name. The fiery Pokemon exuded passion no matter what he did, especially physical activity.

Reacting to Xiura's sudden increase in volume, Incineroar rumbled lowly, still in the midst of sleep. His tail twitched in irritation, then settled down again.

Xiura very nearly rolled her eyes, but contained herself. "Just let me know where you want to meet! Maybe there's a dance hall or community center nearby we can use."

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽

[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game]text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game a]font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/SGpgACu.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Muli]
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 21:14:57 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Lead me on a merry dance.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]"Thank Arceus! Xiura, you're a lifesaver," Aurelie exclaimed with fervent gratitude at 's acquiescence to her—admittedly extremely odd—request. "I knew you'd be the right person to call on for help. You and Incineroar both, of course."

When Xiura mentioned using a dance hall or community center to practice, Aurelie furrowed her brow in thought. Honestly, she hadn't even thought that far ahead. "I'll text you when I get a time and place figured out for rehearsals," she promised. "And I can assure you that you will be compensated for your time and work. Even if I have to stab someone for it."

She said the last part laughingly, so that Xiura would know it for a joke. Inwardly, though, Aurelie admitted the prospect of stabbing the man who'd hired her—the Grooming Salon Simpleton with the scruffy Furfrou and un-choreographed Persians—had a certain charm. But only after he paid them.

Two days after their phone call, Aurelie sat waiting on a low footstool, looking around at the small backstage practice room in the Lilycove City Contest Hall that the Grooming Salon Simpleton had agreed to rent out on her behalf for the day. A coal-black, red-striped Litten groomed his fur a short distance away, just far enough to display his independence but close enough to keep a watchful eye on her. The red-haired smith sighed and looked at the clock on the wall, hoping that the boba café owner would be able to find this room in the Contest Hall from the directions that she'd sent her.

Small though it was, the practice room was pleasantly appointed and adequate for their needs. About as large as her living room, the room had smooth wooden floors and high clerestory windows that let in some warm sunlight to complement the bright overhead lights. One wall was paneled with floor-to-ceiling mirrors, while the opposite wall featured a short barre at waist height and a small table holding a portable music player. The immaculate ivory walls were figured with patterns of flourishing bamboo stalks and leaves in shades of jade-green and gold, giving a tranquil air to the room.

Once Xiura arrived at the door of the practice room, Aurelie shot to her feet and let out an audible sigh of relief. "You made it!" she said happily, clapping her hands and walking forward to greet her. "I'm sorry we had to see each other again like this, instead of meeting up for coffee or something normal. I hope you're doing well and your café is thriving! Boba tea must be a big hit in the summer."

Pursing her lips thoughtfully, she added, "As for the dance routine, do you think it would be easier to come up with a little story for the choreography, and then we can design the dance around it? Like, what if the two feline Pokemon were two star-crossed lovers, for example? Or maybe two swordsmen preparing to fight a duel? Or..." She couldn't help but break into a laugh as she went on, "Maybe somehow both? Or, well, you know, something like that?"

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 21:43:58 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]

[attr="class","kikan"]
Xiura wandered through the Lilycove City Contest Hall, her eyes roving over the artwork spread over the walls, as well as the sparse sitting furniture, clearly more decorative than functional. It was a beautiful hall, a little labyrinthine in its layout of twists and turns, but thanks to 's directions, Xiura was 90% confident she was on the path to the correct room.

Incineroar walked by her side, looking bored. It had taken some debating and reasoning to convince him to come along in the first place, but Xiura felt the need to comment, "Cheer up, Incineroar, we're helping a friend. It's much more productive than lounging around the cafe on a slow day."

Incineroar grunted noncommittally as they arrived at a large, warmly-lit practice room. "Aurelie!" Xiura said as her gaze alighted upon the familiar form of her red-haired friend. She beamed, approaching the other woman to give her a short but heartfelt hug in greeting. "It's okay, I understand," she said in response to Aurelie's apology. "Well, not completely since it's such a complicated and specific request from a virtual stranger from a salon, but I understand enough to be able to help! And the cafe and I are doing quite well, thanks! It's fairly busy most days since it is summer, but sometimes there are lulls and I'm not sure why."

The first thing Xiura noticed after entering the room was Aurelie's Litten, a wary distance away from the front door, staring at the newcomers as though ready to bolt away. "Oh, hello, there!" she exclaimed, bending her knees to crouch a little lower to the floor but keeping her distance. "Say hi, Incineroar," she nudged.

Incineroar looked over at the Litten momentarily in feigned disinterest, then crossed his arms across his chest, perceptibly flexing his upper body to full, vascular effect.

Meanwhile, Xiura set her things on the floor beside the portable music player and pulled out a couple of gold- and silver-painted costume collars she had picked up from the nearby Pokemon accessory store. "That's a great idea to build the dance around a central idea; it'll make the choreography easier since we'll have an idea of what to portray through the movements, rather than risking the performance feeling directionless and empty." She pursed her lips to the side, thinking. "I think a sword-dance would be fun! We can find some costume foil swords and tie some ribbons onto the end for the Persians to hold in their mouths." She beckoned Incineroar over, trying the gold collar on him. "Incineroar..." she said, squinting at the Pokemon. She said, a little apologetic, "Would you mind pretending you're still a Torracat? Persians are quadrupedal..."

She grimaced slightly, hoping it would go over well with her Pokemon. "Litten will be your partner and I'm sure he would appreciate being shown the ropes in ceremonial dance!" She looked over at Aurelie and the Litten, a touch of pleading in her eyes.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽

[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game]text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game a]font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/SGpgACu.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Muli]
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 16:21:03 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Lead me on a merry dance
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie could only laugh, shrug, and shake her head helplessly when Xiura quite rightly—if somewhat mortifyingly—characterized this entire venture as "a complicated and specific request from a virtual stranger from a salon". Everything she said was absolutely true and entirely correct, but hearing it said aloud made the whole business feel even more absurd for Aurelie. She was just grateful that Xiura was being so understanding and supportive despite all the absurdity.

In fact, Xiura was being more than just understanding; she was contributing so much already, with the adorable gold-and-silver costume collars she had brought and her suggestion for a sword-dance performance. Aurelie clapped her hands with delight, like a small child receiving a treat. As Xiura coaxed her Incineroar into the golden collar, Aurelie picked up the silver collar and held it out toward her Litten.

"I know you're a big fan of having your space," she began in her most reasonable tone, waving the collar gently to catch the Litten's attention, "so please look at this as a favor to me. If you get through these dance rehearsals with me, Xiura, and Incineroar, I'll be able to keep you in fresh berries for months. So, please help me out, and I'll help you out."

The fire cat Pokemon looked disinterestedly at the collar, before his gaze shifted over to Incineroar. His eyes widened briefly, and then he looked back and forth from himself, to Incineroar, and then back again. Aurelie had to suppress a giggle at the comical gesture.

"Yes, that's how you'll look if you choose to keep evolving," she said, causing the Litten's eyes to bulge incredulously. Eyeing Incineroar upon and down, the Litten actually looked quite impressed and even a little shy. Feeling a stab of hope that he might cooperate, Aurelie went on, "If you help me out, you might make friends with him! And he could give you pointers on how to get big and strong like him. Sound good?"

The Litten tilted his head to one side, as if considering this thought, and then heaved a massive sigh redolent of reluctant, long-suffering acceptance. It seemed that he did, in fact, want to befriend Incineroar enough to at least participate in the choreography. To Aurelie's surprise, the Litten then trotted around to the area behind the open door. From a concealed spot behind the door, the Litten dragged out a wide, dusty box neatly labeled with the words "Pokemon Costumes."

"Henri! Did you hide this from me while I was waiting?" Aurelie exclaimed reprovingly, putting her hands on her hips. "That's so sneaky of you! But..." She hesitated, looking at the Litten's resigned face. "Well, thank you for showing it to us now. That's the thought that counts."

Beckoning Xiura over so that they could both investigate its contents, Aurelie bent down to rummage through the box. She couldn't help but feel curious what Pokemon costumes lay within. "Oh, Xiura, look!" she cried out happily, holding up a couple glittering, sequined masks. "Aren't these adorable? Here's a mask sewn to a musketeer hat, even! And awwww, look at these!"

Pawing her way past an assortment of white skull masks, gossamer angel wings, and velvet capes, she held up a pair of small, metallic helms decorated with elaborate Kantonese crests. "Aren't these the helmets worn by those Kantonese warriors...the, uh, samurai, I think? The swordsmen? Wouldn't that be perfect for a sword dance routine?"

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 19:18:35 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]

[attr="class","kikan"]
Incineroar growled in indignation, shaking his head before looking over at the wide-eyed Litten. "Please!" Xiura said, gesturing at Henri. Incineroar snuffled slightly in feigned distaste, but nodded slowly at the impressed-looking kitten Pokemon. "Thanks, Incineroar!" Before Incineroar could renege on his agreement, Xiura bustled over to where Aurelie was rummaging through the box of costumes, leaving him to follow after.

Xiura leaned over the box as sorted through its glittering contents. "Oh, those masks are very cute!" she exclaimed, playfully holding up a red mask with devilish horns to Incineroar's face.

"Aren't these the helmets worn by those Kantonese warriors...the, uh, samurai, I think? The swordsmen? Wouldn't that be perfect for a sword dance routine?"

At Aurelie's comment, Xiura took one of the helms from her, examining it closely. She turned the smooth metal helmet over in her hands, eyeing its ornamentation with keen interest. "Yes! These should be perfect," she exclaimed. "Here you go, Incineroar," she said, placing it on Incineroar's head. Dealing with his height was easier than normal because he was on paws and knees, pretending to be a quadrupedal Persian. And Incineroar, to his credit, endured all of this with minimal grumbling as the Litten looked on.

"Now, as for the dance routine," Xiura said, laying out some sheets of paper and markers, "I brought these so we can create the basic elements of the choreography and sort them out so they tell a story."

She said, "I think the first moves could be a sort of introduction to their relative characters in the story. The first Persian could enter and spin around so that their sword and ribbons could swirl around them, and then the second Persian could follow." She drew a rough sketch of two cats on opposite sides of the paper and drew a circular arrow to denote spinning above each figure. "And another could mimic slashing each other with the sword, while they leap at each other in the middle."

She handed a compact disc to Aurelie, saying, "I brought a CD with some traditional Ecruteak music. Would you put that in the music player, please? We can pick out a song together to fit the theme, or something to get a basic idea of what music we're looking for."

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽

[googlefont=Muli]
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 0:11:17 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]LEAD ME ON A MERRY DANCE.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Watching Xiura coax the samurai helmet on her Incineroar, lay out sheets of paper and pencils to design choreography, and even produce a CD of traditional Ecruteak music made Aurelie clap her hands with unalloyed delight. "Mon Dieu, I just knew you were the right person to call for this! I'm so happy I asked you for help. I never would have thought of such details on my own, let alone so far ahead of time."

She closed her eyes for a moment to picture the sequence of movements that Xiura had described, where one Persian and then the other would make their dramatic entrances wielding their swords and swirling their ribbons to start the dance. The red-haired smith grinned in approval, relishing the mental image. Then she thought back to action movies and video games she'd seen, and specifically the fight scenes in them, seeking more inspiration.

"I think after they make their entrance, but before they leap at each other to attack, the two Persians could face each other and bow ceremoniously," Aurelie suggested, thinking of the salutes and bows that fight scene opponents would exchange before beginning a duel. "Or maybe just bow their heads to each other," she mused, looking at her Litten's quadrupedal form and realizing it couldn't really bow as a human would.

Making a note of the head-bowing suggestion on the sheet of paper that the ever-resourceful Xiura had supplied, Aurelie reached for one of the costume samurai helmets. She cautiously approached the Litten and held open the straps that would secure it to the Pokemon's head. "Just hold still, please," she said soothingly. "You're doing so well! Thank you so much," she concluded as she managed to buckle the helmet to the Litten's head and offered it the prop sword festooned with ribbons hanging from the hilt.

Then she took the CD of traditional Ecruteak music and inserted it into the portable music player. Stately, melodious strains of flute and drum music began floating from the speakers. Aurelie found herself swaying her head from side to side as she listened to the delicate, lilting flute tune.

"Isn't that cool-sounding?" she asked her Litten, still standing beside the box of costumes and looking over itself with a bemused air. "Maybe this song is a little too slow and grand for a fight scene. Hmm..."

She pushed a button on the music player, which skipped ahead to the next track. This too featured a flute and drums, but with a pulsing beat that had her nodding her head in time to the rhythm. The deep, echoing drums sped up and slowed down in tempo like a thumping heartbeat, while the flute drifted to its lower, more resonant registers, evoking a darker and more somber mood. The music made the blood in her veins shiver and dance with anticipation, even in its austere simplicity.

"I like this one," she exclaimed, still unconsciously bobbing her head to the beat. "What do you think, Xiura? There—where the music speeds up, the two Pokemon could also leap at each other faster and faster. And then when the drumbeats fade and there's just the flute, they could face each other for the final confrontation."

She broke into a grin. "Like in the movies, you know, when one of the fighters breathless growls out something like 'Let's finish this'? And then they do one final, climactic attack. Then there's a dramatic pause, before one of them drops to the ground and the triumphant winner smiles just a little to themselves in satisfaction, before sheathing their sword. Or maybe just dropping the sword to the ground, in this case."

close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 12:27:47 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucinatest3"]
[attr="class","body"]
Xiura agreed, “I do like the idea of the honorable greeting before the ‘fight’ begins.” She looked over Aurelie’s shoulder as she jotted down notes on the paper.
[break][break]
Incineroar in the meantime was subtly flexing and prowling around on the other side of the room, his helm glittering in the studio’s light as Aurelie and Xiura searched through the music selection on the CD. As the music selection slowed in tempo and and picked up in volume, Incineroar looked up with interest. He approached the Litten, looking at him consideringly, before leaping back and forth on all fours in time with the drums, like a giant predator approaching and intimidating an opponent of equal power and ability. His feline movements were abnormally careful and poised, however, ensuring he did not crush or truly threaten the smaller Pokemon.
[break][break]
“I think Incineroar likes this one too,” Xiura whispered to Aurelie, with a small, subtle gesture at their two Pokemon. She didn’t want to distract Incineroar from his burst of inspiration. “I think he’s turning into a bit of a choreographer himself!”
[break][break]
She watched as Incineroar and the Litten prowled around each other. Incineroar sprang back with a mighty leap to the edge of the room, his back against the mirrors. “Roar!” he bellowed, then glanced surreptitiously at the two women as though only remembering they were there. He sniffed, then flexed, the moment broken.
[break][break]
“Okay, okay, how about with this?” Xiura picked up a false foam saber from the costume box, trotting over to Incineroar and handing it to him to hold in his mouth. “That way, you can use your paws to leap back and forth during the dance, and slash at the air with the sword. We’ll make a better one, don’t worry,” she reassured at his dubious look at the pink-and-blue foam sword. Pacified, Incineroar put the hilt in his mouth. It was certainly a comical sight, but Xiura didn't dare laugh.
[break][break]
She looked into the box again and found a red-and-yellow foam saber as well, offering it to Aurelie and her Litten. “Would you like to practice?” she asked, grinning.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Coordinator Choreography

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lucinatest3"]--accent:#BB7AEB;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 19:36:55 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]LEAD ME ON A MERRY DANCE.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie chuckled softly as she watched Xiura talking to her Incineroar and the Litten, who were looking back and forth between the two women with varying degrees of eagerness and reluctance. It was quite endearing to see how much Xiura was getting into this little endeavor, particularly when it started out as just a personal favor between friends when one of them was put in a strange situation.

Afterward, I'll split the coordinator's fee with her, of course, the redhead mused, but I should get her a little extra too to show my thanks. Maybe a gift card? Or maybe some nice treats, or a comfy pair of house slippers? I'll have to think about it.

In the meantime, she clapped her hands together briskly. "Yes, we should try a practice run. Come on, you two, it might even be fun," she added laughingly, looking at the two Pokemon. "Let's do the first run without music to see how it looks."

Taking the proffered foam saber, she held out the hilt toward the Litten, who begrudgingly accepted it and held it in its mouth just as the Incineroar did. She and Xiura guided both Pokemon to their places on opposite sides of the room and started talking them through the steps they'd envisioned. To possibly everyone's surprise, the practice run was going rather smoothly—until the climactic final leap.

Unfortunately, what the Litten didn't realize was that, when running forward, the floor would prove as slippery as an icy, glaciated field. Its feet scrabbled for purchase on the polished wood, ruining its jump. It ended up bopping heads with Xiura's Incineroar in mid-air.

"Oh, no!" Aurelie exclaimed, concerned but also chuckling a little at the comical mishap. She rushed forward to check on the Litten and Incineroar. "Are you two all right? Is everything okay?"

Thankfully, nothing was bruised but the Litten's ego. After some soothing and a check on the floor, they tried another practice run, which ended much better. Then they tried a rehearsal with music, carefully timing the feline Pokemons' movements to the traditional melody and rhythm.

Finally, they did a rehearsal in costume. Even though both the Litten and Incineroar were quite tired by now, to their infinite credit, they were so proficient and patient that they still performed flawlessly. Aurelie and Xiura recorded this final performance, while also noting down each step of the dance.

"Whew, they're not the only ones wiped out," she admitted, wiping her brow and smiling appreciatively at her Litten. "All right, I think this is ready to show that silly coordinator. What say you to calling it a day and getting some dinner?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights