Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
signs of friendship
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 5:19:24 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
was quite the squirrely one.

After a short text exchange Barnaby had received his work schedule, yet it had taken some time afterwards for them to actually arrange a date to meet. Perhaps Barnaby could have taken the other ROCKET's recommendation of learning Sign language online, but where was the fun in that?

So, here Barnaby was, knocking on the door of Klaus' bunkhouse. Out of the wetsuit from their last meeting, he was now dressed comfortably in shorts and a cotton shirt. On his shoulder he carried a case of Eisbock beer.

When the door inevitably opened, he'd grin in greeting and give a pleasant, "Klaus! Thanks for having me over."
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
You will find no hidden agendas in the sea's desire to swallow you whole
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
signs of friendship
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 1:37:08 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

His hands fidgeting together as he sits at his kitchen table, Klaus presses his eyes closed and draws in a deep lungful of air in an effort to calm himself down. He can't remember the last time someone came out to the bunkhouse that wasn't a worker, and the new development sets his nerves on fire despite knowing what to expect for the most part.

[break][break]
Regardless of his repeated self-assurances everything would be fine, he winces at the knock to the door and slowly, uncertainly, stands from his chair to answer it. Forcing a somewhat wobbly smile on his countenance, Klaus manages an awkward, "Yeah, sure," as Barnaby greets him.

[break][break]
Klaus then steps to the side, allowing his guest to follow him back into the kitchen where he has a stack of books awaiting the pair. Brow furrowed minutely, he opens his mouth and then closes it, his hands twitching before he eases some of the tension from his limbs. "Do you know any sign language at all," he hazards after a moment; pausing half-way between sitting down, he seems to think better of it and jerks himself upright to move to one of the cabinets.

[break][break]
"Do you want like, water or something," he forces himself to ask.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#73A6A9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
signs of friendship
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 5:38:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Honestly, not much." Barnaby admitted with a sigh as he stepped through the threshold of Klaus' bunkhouse and into his kitchen. "Pretty much just this."

Then he flipped off , his middle finger tall and proud. Barnaby smirked, thinking himself quite the comedian.

You can be sure he peeped the living room as they passed, though, curious about the other ROCKET's home and how he lived. Maybe there were some personal photos on the wall or interesting artwork; maybe he had Housewives of Slateport City on in the background; maybe it was devoid of all personality. Barnaby wanted to know.

Once they arrived to the kitchen, he placed the case of beer down on the counter, the bottles within clinking enticingly as he did so.

"Water? Nah, I'm good. How about a cold one instead?" Barnaby suggested, already tearing at the partition and grabbing one bottle for each of them.

"I got these for you personally." He peeled off, smiling, before fishing a GYARADOS-themed bottle opener from his pocket. Once his beer was free to drink, he'd offer the opener to Klaus and then have a seat at the kitchen table where infinite learning awaited.

Now, Barnaby had noticed how jerky Klaus was being, but it didn't really surprise him given he'd seen the guy have a panic attack on their first meeting. So, he didn't acknowledge it. Unfortunately, though, Barnaby couldn't release Pepin to console the other man this time.

Hopefully alcohol would do the trick in place of a cuddly EEVEE.

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
You will find no hidden agendas in the sea's desire to swallow you whole
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
signs of friendship
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 5:21:50 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Klaus glances askance as Barnaby offers his limited sign language, the young man's expression going flat in an instant. "Ha ha." He utters mechanically, the desire to throttle Barnaby clear as day upon his unimpressed face; some of the tension, at least, bleeds from his expression.
[break][break]
He nonetheless grabs a glass for himself and fills it with water before returning to the table, a half-smile offered to Barnaby when the bottle opener is produced and the first beer of the night opened; passing that one to his guest, a second soon follows that Klaus takes for himself. After a single, small sip of his beverage, Klaus's shaking hands move to pull over a nearby book, which he props open.
[break][break]
Before the pair can truly get started, however, a soft trill fills the air, and not a moment later a shiny Alolan Meowth manifests at the kitchen's doorway to trot over to Klaus and immediately jump into his lap. Blinking once, Klaus flushes faintly as the cat rubs her face vigorously against his chest, the pokemon not stopping until he gives up and begins to scratch her. Somewhat embarrassed, though noticeably calmer now with the presence of the Meowth, Klaus offers a touch shyly, "This is Traute."
[break][break]
With that introduction made, Klaus hesitantly moves his hands to begin showing Barnaby how to say his name in sign language. In theory, at least.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#73A6A9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
signs of friendship
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 5:30:47 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Aahh, yes. Barnaby lived for this. Seeing that deadpan expression goaded on at his expense... perfection. It looked lovely on - well, better than the anxiety-stricken grimace that had been there before, at least.

A few sips of his beer and already Barnaby was feeling more at ease in these quaint surroundings. The plain walls and faintly mildewy smell paled in comparison to his Mauville Hills penthouse, but still, the bunkhouse had a certain charm to it. Or, perhaps, the occupants themselves were what added to the atmosphere.

Especially the pretty kitty that just rounded the corner and jumped into Klaus' lap.

"Hello, little one." Barnaby cooed, offering his hand palm-up for the Alolan MEOWTH to sniff and investigate.

"What a good girl you are, Traute." If she allowed, he'd even give her ears a small scritch before withdrawing and refocusing his attention on Klaus.

"Like... this?" Slowly, he maneuvered his fingers, mimicking what his tutor was showing him. Call him gullible, but Barnaby was blindly trusting of everything Klaus was currently teaching him.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights