awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 18:10:38 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Strawn out across a towel on the beach, Derek sipped away at his third mimosa while enjoying the view. Onlookers would witness an early morning sun cresting over the horizon, casting beautiful hues over the water and providing quite the sight for those who enjoyed such a thing. The rest were waiting for the Splashfest activities to re-open, as it wasn't exactly a 24 hour operation. After the first day, nobody wanted to wait for more. It was an awesome time to be in Hoenn for once.

Jonesy, his Sobble, was floating around close to shore with the help of a floaty device. A few other of Derek's pokemon were in the ocean as well, jumping up out of the water and splashing around enough to cause the Sobble to bob up and down with the waves.

The only problem? Derek forgot his sunscreen. Not that it was going to stop him. Especially when he had a seemingly endless supply of drinks...

Oh, and an umbrella vendor that'd be opening up their rental service soon enough. They'd have enough for everyone, right?
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 20:28:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The reporter always held a love / hate relationship with the sandy beaches of hoenn. One one hand, in the settling dusk, the most ethereal beauty can be found within it sunsets. Gold and red hues could be found painting the sky, all while the world's light settled into a dim glow.
[Break][break]
The daytime, however, was a different story. The searing heat nipped at the woman's shoulders as she sauntered onto the burning sand, feet barely able to stay tucked behind her sandles. She wore a simple red two piece bikini and matching sun hat - the perfect combination for simple morning at the beach.
[Break][break]
Remy, her Flaaffy, bounced in front of her, eyes widen with electric excitement. This was his first time experiencing the beach, and WOW, did he love it. so much so, that these fizzes and sparks of jovial bouncing eventually led to him knocking into an innocent bystander.
[Break][break]
"Ah shit, my by bad!" Penelope jogged the rest of the way over, hand raised in an apologetic wave.
[Break][break]
"Sorry, the little guy just got a bit excited." She paused after getting a better look at the victim's face. "Wait, is that Derek? ? Small world. "
[Break][break]
Her lips pulled into a lopsided grin as she peered down at him, hat barely managing to block the sun's blinding light. Hand positioned above her eyes, she gave his raw, red skin a quick squint. "You look red as hell. Wait, I got you," Her nimble hands shoved themselves into the tote slung around her shoulder, rustling about until a brown bottle got pulled out. It's cap was coated in bits of white. "Here, use this."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 20:53:57 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
The unexpected visitor that bumps into him is tied to another, only that one is human. And very familiar...

"You?" It was Penny, one of the two people he met on that island. They'd also worked together on a mission more recently, which went... It went well enough, considering the nature of the task. Derek still felt like it was stupid of the banks to request dragon type pokemon to act as security. "Yeah, even smaller thanks to that damned dome that showed up a little while ago." Nobody seemed to be a fan of it. Definitely not him.

Penny's comment about his complexion is bothersome, and worrisome, so Derek takes the bottle and readily applies it to his skin. Rubbing it in as best he can, it feels awfully cold to the touch before eventually soothing his skin. "Thanks." But the damage was already done.

Derek was definitely a victim of sunburn.

"If only you came a little sooner." Making the remark as he finished his third drink, Derek's usually inhibited playfulness comes to the surface. Digging deep enough into the sand beside him that it holds moisture, he molds it into a mostly solid clump before tossing it at Penny like a snowball. You know, for being late.
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 19:06:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I ran as fast as I could," she faked a sigh, lips tugged into a lopsided grin.
[Break][break]
As Derek rubbed the sunscreen into his reddening skin, the woman took a second to look around the beach. She knew Splash fest would bring in a crowd, but she hadn't expected this; lines and lines of vibrant umbrellas, kids drowning each other along the shoreline, holes upon holes dug up by reckless teenagers.
[Break][break]
Yeah, fuck that.
[Break][break]
"I hope you don't mind me joining you." As sweet as her words sounded, they were just a flimsy piece of niceties, as she hardly waited a second before pulling out her own beach towel. To be honest, his reply hardly mattered.
[Break][break]
Penelope only looked back over after her towel had been nearly pressed onto the sand, held down by her heavy ass tote.
[Break][break]
"So what's u--"
[Break][break]
Wet, brown, and dirty as hell, a ball of rolled up sand splattered onto her side. Clumps of its remains clung to her skin as she looked up, wide eyed. "Oh, you're dead, Hoffman."
[Break][break]
Her delicate fingers clawed the ground, instantly rolling up not one, but two, balls of her own. They was larger than his -- thickened by bits of shell and seaweed.
[Break][break]
With a mischievous smile lighting her expression, she sent them flying for his chest.
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-flaaffy"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 19:29:14 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Even if he wanted to deny her company, this was a public beach. Besides, Derek could move, or even leave whenever he wanted. Yet it was much more entertaining to start a sandball fight...

But the smile he wore didn't last much longer than it took Penny to throw her own munitions. The bits of shell were abrasive, which hurt as they pelted against Derek's sun-burn. The coarse sand didn't feel much better. And then there was the seaweed... Gross.

"Oh c'mon, that ain't right!" Not in his opinion. Which was obviously biased. "Why the shells?!" Well, it could've been worse. If they used dry sand, it might've just came apart and gotten in his eyes. "Alright, alright enough of that... I surrender."

For now.

Gesturing towards some vendors behind them, an individual eventually came to Derek with another drink. At the same time Jonesy paddled out from the water and ran up the beach towards them. He'd heard Derek's whining and came to see what was going on.

"You're supposed to be playing, bud." The Sobble looked between the two of them with an expression of disappointment. Jonesy didn't know which of them to scold. He was a worry wart, and that sort of commotion worried the little guy. "Don't look at me like that, she's the one who hurt me!" Derek turns his face, hiding his smirk by indulging in the freshly prepared mimosa.

Jonesy took exception to the fact his trainer's red skin was even more agitated where the shells struck. It did look like someone hurt him. The Sobble's face puffed up angrily, albeit still cute, with water welling up in his cheeks. Eventually that water was spewed at Penny, hosing her down with a water gun if she let it happen.
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 19:33:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The concoction of seaweed and seashells wasn't exactly planned, although, the reporter didn't feel a lick of remorse towards the damage it caused.
[break][break]
It was well deserved. Earned, even.
[break][break]
"You had it coming~"
[break][break]
Plopping Remy Fritzgerlad onto her lap, her fingers slowly went to work, curling and uncurling his locks, all while plucking pieces of sand and dirt from them. When the sobble came back up, disappointed, Penelope hardly noticed. She was too busy detangling an annoying patch of mangled fluff.
[break][break]
That is, until a spray of water tickled her cheek.
[break][break]
"You little..." Fingers furling into the flaaffy's fluff, the woman look down at the water type, then up at his trainers, eyes narrowed.  Remy followed her gaze over. With a single baaa, he sent his own form of a support: a light THUNDER SHOCK at Derek's dogs.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 3:30:29 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Wait, wait that's not—" Necessary. Also, since when did spraying someone warrant shocking them as punishment? "Ahhgh!" Even if it wasn't at full power, it was still enough to cause Derek to jolt upright from his towel.

"Not cool!" Hopping from one foot to the other, Derek lifts them up to get a closer look at the damages. "Are these gonna blister?!" If Penny so readily did that, she better know what kind of suffering he was in for.

"See?!" Derek looks to the Sobble, who nods and turns his nose up at Penelope out of disappointment. Finally he is able to witness the female's misdeeds.

Once his nerves finally settled, Derek was able to seat himself back on his towel. Although he was still tending to his feet, rubbing them and looking for any cosmetic signs of harm. He couldn't begin to explain how glad he was that the part of him that got shocked wasn't burnt by the sun. If it had been, well... Penny might not be so safe in his presence.

"Okay so when can we start negotiating a truce?" It'd be terrible if they let this sort of thing continue. It'd ruin a perfectly good day at the beach! Well, what's left of it.
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 13:14:53 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Calm down, it's not going to blister," She smirked.
[Break][break]
Don't play with fire if you don't want to get burnt. Or, at least, that's how Penelope saw it.
[Break][break]
Idle fingers returned to the flaaffy's thick curls, rolling and unrolling the white locks between her fingers. As she did, her eyes fell back on the disappointed sobble, a glint of forewarning clear in her impish expression. If he were to declare war a second time, they wouldn't go so easy this time around.
[Break][break]
Mentions of a truce beckoned for her attention. Shrugging, she gave a lazy smile and continued plucking at the flaaffy's fluff. "Whenever you're ready. Just name the conditions and I'll accept." Or decline.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 20:15:54 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Calm down?!" She had a lot of nerve after hitting him with a taser. While Derek wouldn't budge nearly as much, the Sobble Penny leered at seemed to back down and move to the other side of Derek—hiding from her.

"Whatever. I'll remember that." He doesn't even bother going over some form of truce. She bites back, and that's all Derek needed to know after the exchange. "By the way, are you covering the Splashfest?"

He hadn't noticed Penelope's camera with her. Maybe she was finally taking a break and putting herself before work? That would be nice.

"If not, keep an eye out for me in the dunk tank." Because he'd be looking for the chance to dunk her. "Anyway, I gotta go gather up my pokemon. It's getting close to feeding time."

Allowing Penelope to answer and say her piece before departing, Derek would retrieve his Starmie, Kingdra and Milotic to take them somewhere that had a bite to eat.
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 0:20:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A victorious grin lit her face as she leaned back into her towel. Remy, bored of being groomed, took this as a chance to pounce off from her lap and scamper out toward the edge of the beach, just where the waves kissed the sand.
[break][break]
"I am, but my assistant is currently covering for me." She gave a lazy wave over to their right; where a handful of people were still engaging in Mantine surfing. "If I have to see another mantine, I'll probably roll over and die."
[break][break]
A sigh trickled out from her lips as she reached out for her bag and lifted it over her face, blocking out both the sun and the potential burns waiting to sprout across her cheeks. When Derek mentioned leaving, only shrugged and gave off a lazy goodbye wave. "See ya, then."
[break][break]
Hopefully, the next time they meet he'll be swimming in that dunk tank.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ultraviolet [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 0:05:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: