awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
dialect
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 21:52:01 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

half of her time is split. half of her time that she's already split a hundred and one different ways is split. grace offers her her mudsdale so willow can make the trek down to the berry patch if she's going to insist on it anyway. so at 4 am, willow's up and on her way down to restore what she can of grace's farm while the elderly woman nurses her broken leg. 

and then after a couple of hours, when she's aching and sweating, she rides back to the flower shop and ensures ophelia is set up for success. the young girl's gone full time, which willow can't be happier for, but she's guilty, knowing she's only seventeen and should be doing more than this

she's starting to have to turn away patients and it breaks her heart, but she just doesn't have the ability to look after them like she should. a week ago, one of the gloom spread the fungus she was treating it for to three others.

and  is busy looking after the region. their beekeeping venture wasn't meant to become a full-time endeavor, but the money's good and the bees are happy to produce as much as they are. 

she takes over the shop, asking ophelia with a thin smile if she wouldn't mind checking on the greenhouse. she just needs some time to chat with the locals, to remind herself of why she lets her life get as hectic as she does. 
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dialect
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 1:08:53 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Ash fell from Mt. Chimney like snow, a discordant white powder in the midst of the shimmering summer heat.

Elisabeth rarely wandered here, preferring the petal-strewn paths of the Petalburg Woods that led towards her own little flower shop. As she walked now, a regal Roselia shadowing her every step, her head craned upwards towards the hardy trees that flourished in this part of the region.

Nature, as ever, found a way to thrive even in the strangest of circumstances.

As had one . Gardener. Florist. Rehabilitation worker. And now, most recently, apiarist.

Flower shops were a niche focus in Hoenn, and where one might expect competition to blossom, instead a quiet network had formed like roots, connecting gardeners and florists with one another.

The gardens of Fallarbor Town were not like those outside of Elisabeth's cottage, and the blonde had sent seeds that were better suited to this ashen soil to the other woman in the past, knowing it left her favors she could ask for other days, during busier seasons.

How else could the scale of some orders have been met, without collaboration?

"Good day," came Elisabeth's polite greeting as she opened the flower shop door, inhaling the fresh fragrance of flowers that were not her own. It brought a faint smile to her lips. "I see business is going well."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
dialect
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 4:21:38 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

and chatter she does. al from the hardware store down the road stops by and buys a bottle of her honey. before, he'd come by once a week to pick up flowers for his wife, but now it's twice, and willow knows damn sure it's because he's proud it's his wood and supplies she has to thank for the bee boxes.

he's a sweet man and willow certainly doesn't mind him coming around more often. when he idles and chats for an hour, she sells more honey than a few more days in the week combined. 

but this time he doesn't stay very long. willow watches him go and then leans against the counter, chin propped in her palm. she nearly dozes off like that, but the chime above her door rings again. 

and a little bit of heat flushes to her cheeks when she realizes who it is. 

"elisa," she greets, offering a thinly veiled, but still tired smile. "you just missed al." willow's leavanny pops up from behind the counter and peers over, antennae twitching with delight when she senses primrose. 

"business is good. locals are a little spooked, but they're still coming out to see me so i can't complain. how've you been?"
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dialect
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 5:06:31 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"Ah, did I? You'll have to pass along my hello, then," Elisabeth replied, walking over to the counter with a warming smile.

A tiny sachet dangled from her fingertips, tied up in a neat pink ribbon, while a small, similarly beribboned box rested under her arm. She placed the latter on the counter, then the tiny pouch on top of it, listening intently as Willow spoke.

Unsurprised at her observation of the locals in Fallarbor, Elisabeth nodded, thinking back to similar unrest in Petalburg with a furrow in her brow. All of Hoenn was 'spooked,' really, if they were to be honest with themselves. A dry humor entered the blonde's voice as she sighed: "I suppose that an incoming meteor invites equal opportunities for celebration and mourning alike, and both necessitate our field."

Such heavy topics, however, whizzed over the heads of their friendly Pokémon as they interacted in the back of the flower shop.

Primrose was a vain creature, and any positive attention brought this quality of hers first of mind; a pink blush suffused her greenery as she trotted over to Elisabet the Leavanny with a delighted twirl of her flowery arms. Black and purple petals scattered in all directions with the movement, littering Willow's floor to Elisabeth's acute embarrassment.

"...Then again, day-to-day calamities distract enough as is," the florist said, her eyes cutting towards Prim with gentle reprimand. As if offering an apology for this misbehavior, Elisabeth pushed the box and pouch on the table closer to the shopkeeper. "As for your question, I'm well enough. I have something for you."

In the box, Willow would find desserts for her and her Pokémon: orange blossom madeleines, freshly baked by Elisabeth herself. In the pouch, she would see something else entirely:

"Achimenes seeds. I thought the violets might suit."

A poetic selection of flower, one that not all would appreciate as Elisabeth suspected Willow might.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
dialect
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 0:37:58 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"ah, but then he won't lament over how he's missed you," she says teasingly. al is faithful to his wife, of that willow is certain, but he does enjoy the company of the esteemed woman who makes her way through the ash from petalburg all the way to say hello. the first time he'd seen her, willow had about knocked him topside the head when he took his hat off out of 'respect.' 

"i try not to think about it too much," she says and her stress lines are slightly exaggerated as she draws out a sigh. "i've been looking after grace's farm. it was devastated recently by a burst of," she pauses, wracking her brain - what had called it? "primal energy. made some local combee go on a rampage."

elisa reaches down for her pouch and willow presses her palms to the counter-top, standing on her tiptoes to peer over. her eyes light up when she spies the desserts. elisa's hand with pastries blows her own baking skills out of the water, but she's not one to complain - after all, she's the one with the tasty treat, minus all of the work. 

but the real treasures are in the seed pouch she produces. willow is gentle as she lets some of them tumble out and into her waiting palm.

"i'll have to have ro help me plant these. thank you so much." grace is sure to love them as well

ophelia steps back through again, bucket in hand, flowers spilling over the rim. willow steps aside so the girl can shuffle behind the counter. when she sets the metal pail down, she wipes her forehead with the back of her hand. 

"ms willow, i think gideon might be messing with the gloom again..."

will sighs and opens the side door, waving elisa through. stepping stones lead to the greenhouse and willow waits with one arm oustretched, lounging against the door. 

"are you staying a while? i could use the company."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dialect
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 2:24:44 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"Lament?" Elisabeth echoed, her amusement palpable in the reply. "Goodness, how I must underestimate the pleasure of my own company." Oh, Al.

Was there some comfort in knowing others were dealing with rampaging Combee, Elisabeth wondered? She had encountered so, so very many of the bee Pokémon in her recent months. "My condolences to Grace. I was recently set upon by a swarm of them in the Petalburg Woods, myself," she sighed, rubbing her temples. "Is it the primal energy that's to blame, then? I've been wondering." Vaguely, Elisabeth thought of her conversation with on the crystablooms -- what would her take on this topic be?

Probably best not to bother the scientist with something that mundane, busy lady that she was. Although that seemed true of many people in Elisabeth's company as of late, including .

It was pleasant, to listen to her talk about her work on Grace's farm, and to see her face light up at the sight of the desserts and seeds alike. A sort of quiet warmth settled in Elisabeth's chest as the woman spoke, the rare sort that would fill her when going on outings with her part-timer or when visiting Kalosian cafes with .

Little moments like this felt precious in a way that Elisabeth couldn't begin to explain, exactly.

Perhaps it was for this reason that after Ophelia shared the plight of Gideon and the Gloom that Elisabeth followed Willow so readily to the greenhouse, replying easily, "The rest of my day is yours, if you'd like it."

Traveling to Fallarbor had been a time-consuming journey in and of itself. It would be a shame to cut the visit short, when it had only just begun.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
dialect
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 22:06:06 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"i'll let her know you said so," willow replies. a reminder that there are people like elisa who care about her will go a long way - it's always nice to be thought of during recovery. especially now because willow knows grace is going stir crazy. crocheting can only fill so many hours in the day. 

"wonderful." she smiles to show her appreciation. mud-caked boots crunch over the gravel path leading up to her greenhouse. her butterfree flit across the flower fields, keeping to themselves as the women pass.

the greenhouse is an inviting structure, but the in-ground gloom plots on its western side are where they're headed. and sure enough, her troublesome turtwig is standing a few feet away from the splash zone, taunting the gloom with a leaf storm of his own making.

willow grabs the kerchief around her neck and brings it up over her nose. "might wanna stand back unless you have one of your own," she warns out of habit more than anything. elisa, unlike , would know that a good spray in the face from a gloom could knock you out cold. 

she simpers under the kerchief, remembering the day bo had walked back into her life. and of his catastrophic attempt to help her replot her gloom. 

"gideon!" she hollers. the turtwig turns and the flurry of leaves dies down immediately. he scampers off away from the plots and willow laughs. 

"i think they're enjoying that mulch you recommended to me. i haven't seen their leaves look this good in ages."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dialect
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 18:37:03 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
A rose-embroidered handkerchief swiftly revealed itself from the satchel hanging low around Elisabeth's waist, which she wound about her nose and mouth with a practised ease. "I wouldn't come here unprepared," she said, eyes dancing with delight.

For all of the prim and seemingly proper way that Elisabeth held herself, she preferred the outdoors. She enjoyed feeling the earth beneath her shoes, the way the breeze tickled her bare arms, and the way the sun beat down on her as they approached the greenhouse. There was a freeing sense to nature, as if the world held no limits so long as there were no walls and doors in sight.

"Does Gideon always get up to this much mischief?" the florist asked, entertained by the little tête-à-tête between the two Pokémon. "My Leafeon sometimes likes to dig up my garden, but otherwise I've experienced more harmony than not in Petalburg."

Her green eyes fell onto the Glooms themselves, growing pleasantly in the carefully cultivated plots that had prepared for them. No foul odour emanated from them now that the Turtwig had been shooed away; they felt at peace around two women so familiar with the needs of Grass-type Pokémon, their soothing presence necessitating no defensive measures.

"I can tell," Elisabeth said, her approval apparent. "The mulch is shipped from Goldenrod, but it's well worth the import tax. It works wonders." The prickling reminder of the dome overhead caused her to stop herself, because who knew how long it would be until such shipments could travel between regions again?

She changed course quickly, smoothly tiptoeing past her misstep: "I don't think I've ever seen so many well-tended Glooms, Willow. I'll have to bother you for more nectar later. There's this lovely perfume you could develop from it, you know."

One of the Gloom blinked up sleepily, its mouth glistening with the very honeyed liquid that Elisabeth had just named aloud.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
dialect
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 1:08:27 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

she snorts in response to elisa's question. gideon is usually the least of her worries, but with how busy willow's been lately, he hasn't gotten the attention he feels he's deserved. (maybe he takes after roman...) and yet, despite the annoyances the gloom now have to deal with on the daily, her remark is still true. 

she keeps the kerchief pressed to her nose while she lifts their petals and inspects the bulbs atop their heads. most of them react positively to her touch, leaning into her and reaching up to pat her arms. 

"ha," she says, another snort, and still crouching, settles back and points to the bee boxes on the other side of the farm. greyson's combee have multiplied already and they're busy flitting across the flower fields. 

"between the tauros and the other livestock and now the honey i've started, i don't think i could do much else." she stands up and tugs her bandana back down, smiling wryly. "but you know i already have all their nectar bottled up for you. remind me to get it for you before you head back."

she skirts around the plots and opens the door to the greenhouse for elisa. it's explosive inside with the amount of flora and fauna within it, but at its epicenter is a neat little bistro table and chairs - a common spot for the florists to share an afternoon chat.

"so what's new with elisa?" she says as she slips into a chair. 
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dialect
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 19:21:14 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
The way that 's hands gently alighted upon each Gloom spoke of a tender care that precious few other professions understood. Gardeners fostered growth; they protected, they nurtured, and they encouraged the subjects of their trade into blossoming and flourishing.

It was no wonder that the Gloom all looked up at Willow so adoringly. The woman was exceptionally skilled in what she did, and it came from an obvious place of love. Silently, Elisabeth suspected the other gardener surpassed her in this essential regard: the way in which Willow labored with such sincerity and care.

"Oh? Then I'll happily take the nectar from you," came the soft laughter of Elisabeth's reply. "I'll send you some of the perfumes, when I've finished them. It's only fair, given you're so generous with that and your Combee honey."

Elisabeth's own cottage was less a farm, and more a lush botanical garden. The bee boxes and plots of Willow's home reminded Elisabeth more of the Kalosian countryside, and her childhood there. The nostalgia it evoked was, perhaps, one of the main reasons she was so drawn to visiting here.

For Elisabeth, floristry and gardening was more of a ritual. A task to occupy herself, a focused channel for her own perfectionism and curiosity to manifest. The chemistry of perfumery was much the same, as was baking, as was soapmaking for that matter.

It said something about the difference in their inherent natures, that Willow's pursuits had branched into areas such as Pokémon rehabilitation, while Elisabeth's had quietly steered themselves towards concocting poisons.

"What's new with me?" Elisabeth echoed as she joined Willow at the bistro-style seating in the greenhouse. The floral scents wafted around them with a tantalising aroma, fresh and vibrant. "Mm. Not much, I suppose."

Other than a promotion within Rocket to admin, which seemed like an unwise topic to air in present company.

"We had an overabundance of roses, which I think I've managed to handle at last. I've been closing the shop more to enjoy Splashfest; no one wants to shop for flowers in this weather, anyhow." She leaned back in her seat, her own handkerchief lowered from her chin. "So I suppose most of what I've been occupied with is attempting Mantine surfing, diving for Clamperl, and listening to questionable music being performed before all of Hoenn."

Elisabeth looked at her companion, expression thoughtful.

"Have you attended at all? It's my first time enjoying summer in Hoenn. I hadn't seen the ocean in years, to be honest."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
dialect
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 21:07:54 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

if she'd been expecting elisa's company, she may have gone so far as to put out a little spread for them at the bistro tables. although the thought does remind her that she has something better to show her. so it's almost as soon as she sits down that she stands back up, hands out in front of her to tell elisa to keep talking, that she's listening. 

"oh, i heard about that. i think a few of the neighbors got a few sent to them from relatives in petalburg," she says over her shoulder with a smile. one, a lovely barista at the coffee shop fifteen minutes down the road, looked mortified when she casually mentioned it to willow, as though she were cheating on her. 

she finds a bottle under a couple of rags on her workbench. though it's not as nice without crackers or cheese to smother across, like she'd christened it with , the half-full bottle of honey still looks as tantalizing as ever. 

she unscrews the lid and pushes it to elisa. without a fork or a spoon or anything else, all that's left are the florists hands and willow apologizes for it with a chuckle. 

"if you're really against dipping a pinkie in, i'm sure i could find a spade somewhere.

"but i'm envious. took us out a few days ago. i've just been so busy, i haven't really been able to participate in most of the festivities,"
she says wistfully. "though clamperl diving sounds fun."

she tucks her hair behind her ear. "i can't remember the last time i've been to the beach either. do you ever miss it? kalos?"
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dialect
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 23:31:31 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"Oh, please," the blonde said with a small laugh, taking the honey in hand with an amused smile. "We are gardeners. We are familiar with getting our hands dirty. Spades will not be necessary."

A pinky was christened in the golden liquid, and Elisabeth savored its taste. "This is half the fun, I think. Enjoying it straight from the bottle."

People often thought her prissy, the florist noticed, or assumed she would dislike exercise or the outdoors. She'd been confined indoors long enough in her life that she could excel in captivity, but like any caged bird, she preferred an open sky and earth beneath her.

"Oh, if you can get a moment you should go for a swim. I think you'd enjoy it." The earnestness in her words revealed their sincerity, which carried into the tenor of her voice as she continued, "I'm surprised how much I've liked the diving, myself. I've caught three Clamperl, if you can believe it, through my daily ventures to Slateport Beach. I'm not sure what to do with them all." She wrinkled her nose in thought, before blandly suggesting, "Sell them, I suppose? I could keep the one."

The blonde propped her chin on her hand, considering the matter, before Willow's next question arrested her attention. For a moment, something like surprise flickered across her face, before Elisabeth's expression eased into a smile.

"The beaches are more pleasant in Hoenn. More tropical, at least. I don't think the Kalosian ones could compare."

It wasn't a strict answer to her question, but it was an answer nonetheless.

"And you? If the barrier weren't an issue, is there anywhere you'd like to travel and sightsee?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
dialect
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 18:44:49 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

even willow finds herself forgetting that elisa doesn't turn her nose up at hard work and grit. so the playful reminder makes her feel a bit sheepish, covered only by the enthusiastic glimmer in her eyes as elisa dips a pinkie in. there's enough warmth there to make willow positively radiate with pride. 

"three?" she says with a laugh. willow's greenhouse and fields are already bustling with pokemon; she can't imagine what she would do with three clamperls. and as far as she can remember about elisa's property, housing them alongside her other pokemon might be a squeeze too. 

"they fetch a decent price, right?" she doesn't know.

she tucks her stubborn lock of hair behind her ear again (and it falls back against her cheek immediately). and she mmms as she thinks. 

"honestly i haven't even seen much of hoenn, nevermind another region. but now that roman's getting older, trips like that are - or, well, were - seeming more possible." she sighs. "really, i just need to hire some full-time staff so i can do these things."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dialect
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 22:16:35 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Warmth. Yes, that seemed the right way to describe being near .

The woman radiated a sort of sunshine of her own, soft and warming in its glow. Being with her like this, basking in the coziness of their lighthearted conversation, relaxed Elisabeth immensely.

"I've been glad for an extra pair of hands," the florist admitted, smiling as she thought of her part-timer. "My Pokémon are dears, but is so much more efficient at deliveries. And better for conversation, if we're to be honest."

Not to mention the other blonde was discreet about her more unsavory business practices.

"Where would you go?" Elisabeth asked her friend, curious, as her own pinky once more scooped honey from the bottle. "If you could have your choice, and money was no object."

Hmm. Perhaps she could point some more business towards Fallarbor town...

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
dialect
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 15:53:42 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

the first taste is courtesy, but to see elisa enthusiastically go in for more stokes willow's pride. her regulars have praised her for the honey, but they're sweet folk and would probably still grin past a mouthful of dirt if she offered it to them. but elisa is honest, refreshingly so. some of her pointers have already helped her manage her gardens better.

"someone to handle deliveries would be so wonderful. i took in a mudsdale a couple weeks back and have done some day trips myself, but it's getting to be a bit much." and ophelia is good at managing the store, but she can't ask the young seventeen year-old for more hours. she's already pushing her hard enough as is.

"if money was no object?" she thinks about it for a moment. "galar, i think. so much history there. and open spaces. i've heard turffield is beautiful this time of year. and it's not nearly as hot."