Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:29:24 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby surveyed the gathered ROCKET grunts with a perceptive eye. Most were young and fresh-faced, eager to prove themselves within the organization. Wanting to show their initiative, they'd all gathered below the grand Starlight Hotel, where a high-tech facility had recently been built to contain particularly bombastic battles and training exercises.

Which was the reason for today's exhibition. The newer recruits, most unfamiliar with the Mega Evolution and Z-Move phenomena, were to observe a battle between two of their superiors - one an Executive, the other an Admin.

"Ready, Admin Gallagher?" Barnaby asked the man beside him, regarding Felix with a competitive smirk. Already beside Barnaby was his dark-scaled CHARIZARD, his chosen Pokémon for their 1V1.

M.A.G.M.A Training 🝪 Tier #1
mission: POKEMON PEDAGOGY
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 4:31:39 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Admin Gallagher,"

The title was as unfamiliar as the faces that stared back up at them. Spoken by an old friend no less. How long had it been since the two last spoken? A month, maybe two? Since joining rocket, keeping time had come with more difficulty than he had expected.

"Ready."

An arc of red splashed out from his hand, and within seconds, a draconic land shark took its place beside him. Feral and drooling, the beast gave out a gnarly roar towards the students.

With a curt nod, he turned to walk towards his side of the field, paying no mind to the inquisitive eyes that stared back up. When he got to the furthest point of the field, he'd turn back around, his garchomp taking position between the center field and himself.

"You start."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 19:52:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
It had been awhile, hadn't it?

Barnaby regretted letting his friendship with lax, but it was obvious they'd both been focusing on work as of late. The admin's promotion was proof enough of that.

Barnaby himself was busy trying to integrate and establish himself as a leader within ROCKET. Hence his appearance here today.

"Good luck~" He chimed, flashing Felix a puckish smile before taking his spot on the opposite side of the field. His Pokémon flew to the middle, where his opponent waited.

On Barnaby's right hand a ring with a prismatic Key Stone at its center began to glow. Simultaneously, the Mega Stone around his CHARIZARD's neck flashed a bright crimson, causing the dragon to be enveloped in a dazzling sphere of energy. When it emerged it was wholly new, lithe and elongated and markedly more powerful.

Immediately, the tepid air in the room began to warm to an uncomfortable degree. Sweat started to bead on the brows of all those present.

"Most Mega Evolutions induce new abilities in the Pokémon evolving, such as Charizard's Drought." Barnaby explained to the gathered grunts. In this case, it meant that the power of Fire-type moves was increased by roughly 50%, effectively negating the type disadvantage against GARCHOMP.

"Get into the air and put some distance between the two of you!" Barnaby issued his first command with a notably more serious tone. "Then use Fire Spin!"

mega evolution [1/3] | drought [1/5]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 3:49:49 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"But,"

The Charizard furled its blackened wings and took off towards the sky, plumes of smoke licking the ground from its take-off.

"These new abilities don't amount to much unless you use them properly."

That's why they needed a control group. A Pokémon without the gifted ability to evolve past its final stage.

Eyes hardened by experience, the man gave his first directive, voice dripping with stoicism. "Sandstorm." Specs of dust and sand flurried up into a shield of concealment, allowing the land shark to slink away into its cover. The tips of its reach tickled the bottom of Charizard's feet.

- sandstorm 1/5

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 4:31:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Ha."

A small, self-deprecating chuckle passed through Barnaby's lips.

Sandstorm. It wasn't a shock to see Felix use such a strategy with a Pokémon like GARCHOMP. However, it did throw a wrench in Barnaby's plans. With this order, Drought had been replaced for a different weather affect altogether.

Oh well. It couldn't be helped. Overcome and adapt, as they say.

"Get your eyes on it!" Barnaby shouted above the tumult, raising his forearm to his face to try and block some of the sand streaming around the field.

CHARIZARD reacted as directed, his wings beating harder against the grit to blow it back from his immediate surroundings. The dragon's attention was hyper-focused on keeping the land shark within view.

"Once you've got it in your sights, move in close and use Air Slash." As CHARIZARD moved to follow his given orders, already small nicks and cuts were beginning to appear across his body. An unfortunate side effect of Sandstorm.

mega evolution [2/3]
damage: sandstorm

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 2:35:59 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
With the flurry of sand kicking up into a frenzy, Sandveil activated, raising up garchomp's evasiveness. Awaiting for further directives, the land shark seeped into the blanket of orange. His eyes, yellow and bold, peaked out occasionally.

"Reach him with TWISTER"

Garchomp raised his head to the command, roaring loud enough to generate a gust of spinning wind. It grew with speed by each passing second. The more he waited, the bigger it grew, all until it poked from out the sandstorm cloud, reaching up towards the charizard. At the same time, though, cuts of air sneaked around its wide radius, nipping at the pokemon's thighs and stomach.

- sandstorm 2/5

- hurt by AIR SLASH

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 6:41:14 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
With the sandstorm active and GARCHOMP's increased evasiveness, not to mention the natural cover provided by the swirling sand, close-quarters fighting was the best option now.

Barnaby had already instructed CHARIZARD to move in close in his previous turn, so when Felix ordered his Pokémon to unleash a TWISTER he issued his next command without hesitation.

"Endure the hit and keep moving in - then grab ahold of it." Mega Evolution had empowered CHARIZARD's various attributes, including speed and strength. He'd reach out for the GARCHOMP and try to bodylock it with a vise-like grip.

When it was likely the dragon couldn't escape, Barnaby continued his orders. "Dragon Breath!"

mega evolution [3/3]
damage: sandstorm & twister

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 21:18:08 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Draconic claws took hold of the shark without issue.

"Tch."

From where he stood, he watched as the Garchomp struggled beneath the Charizard's grip, head flailing and claws rabidly moving out to scratch him.

"Hold him back with a SANDTOMB."

Try as he might, the clouds of swirling sand took arm on the Charizard, attempting to hold him back. The sheer size of the concurrent sandstorm offered enough spread to fully surround the beast -- like one giant, outstretched hand.

Hues of fiery purple leaked out as this happened, spraying the Garchomp with a barrel of noxious gas. Normally, such a hit wouldn't be enough to make him fall, but with the additional empowered airslash still nipping at his body, it became harder and harder to see clearly.

- sandstorm 3/5

- hurt by AIR SLASH, dragon breath
- FINISH HIM

[/quote]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 21:51:29 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The sound of 's order was like an angelic symphony crooning in his ear. It brought a wicked smile to Barnaby's face and stoked the flames of his competitive spirit.

"It's over, Felix!" In his elation he'd reverted to calling the admin by his first name. A bit improper in front of the recruits, but something that Felix would hopefully let slide in the moment.

Why was he so confident, though? Despite SANDSTORM inflicting small amounts of damage each turn, regular Ground-type attacks such as SAND TOMB had no effect on Flying-type Pokémon like CHARIZARD.

A perilous mistake.

CHARIZARD's tenure as a Mega Evolved Pokémon came to a close; he reverted back to his original form even as he continued to clutch at his opponent. With SAND TOMB unable to hold him off, Barnaby ordered another DRAGON BREATH, thinking that two rounds of a Super Effective move would be enough to knock the GARCHOMP out.

And so it did.

The swirling sand slowly idled, clearing the battlefield to show CHARIZARD standing above the felled GARCHOMP.

Returning his Pokemon to it's ball, Barnaby then strode over to Felix with an extended arm, ready to shake his friend's hand. "That was a good match. I appreciate you letting me help out today."

damage: sandstorm

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 2:35:35 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
A perilous mistake, indeed.

As the sand dwindled and fell back to the earth, Felix sighed, returning his fainted pokemon back to its ball.

It was an unfortunate loss they experienced, but truthfully, the familiar face made up for it. Walking back towards the center of the field, Felix offered a traditional nod. "It was. Thank you for coming out."

Despite the formality in his voice, his gaze spoke of something else entirely; 'We should do this again'.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
watch and learn
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 22:40:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: