TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
M.A.G.M.A Sample Collection 2
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 7:07:56 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Another hot summer day hiding away from the sun in the confines of Rocket’s submarine and labs, another few samples to collect, this time from a guy called Bee. Ceri has never heard of him, but she hopes he’ll have some interesting pokémon for her. Or, well, for M.A.G.M.A rather.
[break][break]
Perfectly manicured nails tap on the lab’s counter while she waits, and when the door finally opens, it’s with a bright smile that she greets him:
[break][break]
”Oh hey, you must be Bee!”
[break][break]
Ha. Be Bee. That one got a chuckle out of her.
[break][break]
”I’m Ceri, nice to meet ya!” He would perhaps notice the heavy northern Galarian accent that coats her every word, or the fact that her lab coat’s sleeves are rolled up and her attire leaves probably a little too much skin exposed for lab work.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: arial; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 18:21:31 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
To have a program motivate ROCKETs into more stable collaboration was the mark of something truly successful. In his year here in Hoenn, and truly over the course of his criminal career, Barnaby had never been one to step into a laboratory. Science, while admittedly important to their goals, had been an armchair interest at best for him. It just wasn't his particular focus.

But now M.A.G.M.A had them working together with ROCKET researchers and, honestly, it was an exciting prospect.

"I am! A pleasure to meet you, too, Ceri." He replied in kind, extending a friendly hand in greeting. Noting her thicker Galarian accent, she in turn might pick up on the hint of Kalosian that still accented his words.

"I heard you were interested in examining some of my Pokémon today?"

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #1

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 18:43:33 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Dark eyes exam . Up and down and then up again. Is she checking him out or carefully studying him? Since she says nothing about it, the answer could be either. All she does is smile and reach for the tablet that has been so graciously provided by Team Rocket for her use in the lab.
[break][break]
”Yup! What do you have for me? Legendary? Pokérus-Y? Illumina? Offspring of Shadow Pokémon? Purified offspring? Some actual Shadows?” She holds his gaze, ready to check those boxes and set up the appropriate files. Ah, but if he brings out all of them at once it might be a problem, she knows that much, so she decides to also specify:
[break][break]
”Priority usually is based on rarity, if that helps! Underboss is particularly interested in us getting samples from Shadow Pokémon, since you know… Like… It’s his whole thing, right?” She winks when saying that, allowing herself a light laugh.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: arial; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 19:03:17 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Most of those, actually. I took advantage of The Hatchery while it lasted. Before... well, you know." The cataclysmic events at Sootopolis City were still fresh in Barnaby's mind. He couldn't seem to push the memories away, even. They clung to him like an unrelenting specter.

One of the awful truths that had come to light that day was the betrayal of the Shadow Pokémon hatched at the facility. They'd turned on their trainers at the worst possible moment, causing a distinct shift in the tide of the battle.

"This little girl is offspring to one of Underboss Merlino's Shadow Pokémon, actually." Barnaby replied, releasing the EEVEE that he and had worked together on producing.

It appeared in a flash of white on Ceri's examination table. It was obvious at first glance that this creature was different from the norm. While most EEVEE had a light umber coat, this one's fur was shades of muted gray.

She also had quite the attitude.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 19:18:42 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

An Eevee. A pokémon with so many possible evolutions is fascinating, and for centuries, they have captured the attention and interest of scientists from all over the world. Ceri herself shares in this fascination, of course, but to her, Eevee also aren’t the most interesting pokémon in the world. An Eevee that’s the offspring of a pure Shadow, though? Now we’re talking.
[break][break]
”Oooooh! Nice, nice… Do you know which of his shadows is the parent? I could ask Underboss Merlino later or compare samples, but you know… saves me some time. Ceri’s a busy woman, after all, but it’s not like she won’t be putting the samples in Rocket’s database anyway.
[break][break]
”Let’s get started, then!” Instead of grabbing a swab, she reaches for one of her pink pokéballs, from it summoning a small Spritzee. ”Give me a 30/70 combo of AROMATHERAPY and SWEET SCENT… You might feel a little loopy.”
[break][break]
The warning is for Barnaby and it comes just as a rose mist begins to swirl in the air, filling it with an intoxicating scent. It’s meant to calm the Eevee down enough for samples to be taken, since it’s easier and faster than attempting to sedate it.
[break][break]
"Always better to be safe with Shadow pokémon than sorry, you know? Especially after what happened with Necrozma and all of that."
[break][break]
Yes, she said it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 19:45:32 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
However common EEVEE were - and Barnaby had said as much before to while sipping drinks in a faraway cabin - he knew this one was worth some amount of study. She looked and behaved so much differently than others of the species that he'd either owned or encountered.

"The breeding was between my normal Espeon and his Shadow Glaceon." Barnaby remembered it well; it was his second time seeing a Shadow Pokémon in-person, besides LUGIA. It had been quite the sight.

"Besides her unusual coloring, she was also born knowing a move that I don't think is typical of the species." Or it was just extremely rare. "Glitzy Glow is what I was told it's called." Was it related to her Shadow genetics? He wasn't sure, but still felt it was good to mention.

As Ceri began her examination, Barnaby was caught in mild surprise when she released a SPRITZEE and instructed it to gas the room. He'd only ever seen do something like this to soothe herself, but supposed it made sense to do so with such a... spirited Pokémon like the EEVEE.

"No worries, I'll be fine." Barnaby said, but couldn't seem to get a tickle out of his throat. He coughed once to try and clear it, found that it hadn't worked, and coughed again several more times. How embarrassing.

Luckily, he felt very chill about all of it. Like, very chill. It seemed to be having the same effect on his EEVEE as well. She grumbled a little, but appeared more tolerant of being handled.

"... Yes, you're right." Boy did she say it. "...Do you think they're still capable of being controlled like that?"

The million dollar question.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 20:13:44 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Mhm… Mhmm.” She takes notes, making sure to list it all down in order for it to be included in the Eevee’s chart. No information is seen as too insignificant to be left out, since truly, they don’t know when things like those might be of use. Glitzy Glow… Interesting. Do you know what shadow moves it’s capable of using?”
[break][break]
Once she’s satisfied with the information provided by Bee, she moves on to the actual testing, making sure to move fast in case the pokémon begins to resist the effects of her Spritzee’s calming mist. It affects even her, making her much less talkative than what she’d usually be.
[break][break]
”Are you okay with all types of samples, by the way? Blood, tissue, all of that?”
[break][break]
The Eevee is weighed and measured. She takes a cotton swab, and carefully opening its mouth, she rubs it against its inner cheek to release buccal cells. After that she moves onto getting a sample for a quick Pokérus-Y test, and then energy signatures, making sure to go through the non-invasive sample collection processes first… In case Bee is overly sensitive about his pokémon. Speaking of who, she barely pays any mind to his coughing.
[break][break]
"Uhmm... Probably? By the right entity, I guess. Like Necrozma or Shadow Lugia. Maybe with Ultra Beast toxins too or whatever not... That'd be a neat experiment. Hmm..."
[break][break]
On she goes with her sample collection.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 20:31:05 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Shadow Down." God, he hated that move. It was similar to SCREECH in that she howled at the top of her little lungs.

While Ceri took notes, Barnaby's eyes drifted to the surrounding lab. He inspected it for anything interesting: mysterious machines, vials of oddly colored liquids, maybe an embryo-like creature suspended in a jar like you'd see in the movies. However, soon enough, her voice pulled him away from his prying.

"Hm? Oh, yes, as long as it doesn't leave any permanent scars or something like that."

For someone like Ceri who was a practical stranger to Barnaby, she might interpret this statement as being overly sensitive.

In truth he said it not because he cared that much for the EEVEE's wellbeing, but because it was already a planned present for . Didn't want to ruin the merchandise before it was given, after all.

"By all means, please do what you need to do." He nodded his assent and then added, "Let me know if I need to restrain her."

He moved closer just in case she did request that of him.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 23:48:47 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Yikes. Hope you have some good noise-cancelling headphones.” Ceri had learned more than a few things about Shadow pokémon and their moves ever since she had joined Team Rocket, especially given her recent research, and without a doubt, SHADOW DOWN is one of the more annoying things they do.
[break][break]
Should she be getting her headphones?
[break][break]
The mixture of AROMATHERAPY and SWEET SCENT seems to be keeping the large Eevee calm enough for now, but maybe what she needs is some damn allergy medicine. Fluffy pokémon give her the sneezes. She can feel it tickling her nose even as she sets the Eevee down and turns around to check the quick Pokérus test she had just done.
[break][break]
”Okay, so! Looks like your Eevee here is positive for Pokérus-Y. I’m just collecting some blood and tissue samples, no worries, but if you wanna help me with keeping her calm that would be, like, super appreciated. I’ll be quick!”
[break][break]
She’s true to her word, of course, even if each step is performed with methodical care that does not at all match her arguably unprofessional appearance.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 23:37:38 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Her comment on headphones goaded a small smile and a chuckle from him, be Barnaby did little else to respond besides giving a nod of acknowledgement. His focus was on his EEVEE who, while sedated, was still very much resistant to what was being done to her.

"Easy, love..." He cooed, wrapping his arms around the Shadow Pokémon in a way that left her exposed enough for Ceri to collect her samples. Howling at the sudden restraint, the EEVEE began to squirm, resisting her trainer vehemently.

Barnaby was strong enough to hold her in place, though, at least for enough time for to finish.

When it was all said and done he released his Pokémon and quickly returned her to her Luxury Ball.

"If you're all done, I'll be taking my leave. Let me know in the future if you'd like to examine any of my other Pokémon."

Barnaby moved toward the laboratory exit, pausing just before the door to add a pleasant, "Good luck with your research. I'm excited to see what we do with this information. Hopefully something good comes of it."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 23:42:17 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A: GATHER I

SPECIES: 133 Eevee イーブイ
[break]
[break]
[break]
WEIGHT: 20.6lbs
[break]
HEIGHT: 1'02"
[break]
OWNER: Bee ()
[break][break][break]
APPEARANCE: Larger than average. Grey fur instead of the usual tan colours.
[break]
TEMPERAMENT: Feisty. Prone to biting and scratching. Non-cooperative. Poor temperament likely a result of Shadow genes.
[break][break]
POKÉRUS-Y: Positive
[break]
SHADOW GENES: 3rd Generation (Homozygous - Dominant)
[break]
ILLUMINA GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
SPECIAL MOVES: Shadow Down, Glitzy Glow (Psychic)
[break][break]
TESTS PERFORMED:[break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Buccal Smear
  • Whole Blood
  • Plasma
  • Tissue
  • Infinity Energy Readings

[break]
2022-07-31[break]RESULTS PENDING

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 8:17:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: