Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sunshine Serenade [M/O, VV]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 3:48:52 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Heure D'été
[break][break]
[break]
The parasol overhead shaded Elisabeth's face from the brightness of the warm summer day as she leaned forward, enjoying the sea breeze as she relaxed alone at her beachside table. The Bellossom by her side basked in the sunlight, the twin flowers on her head twirling with delight as her mistress sipped absently at a mojito.

This was simply a pop-up cafe that had appeared for Splashfest and advertised live music as its main draw, but for Elisabeth, what was important was that it offered alcohol. Something she suspected many people were looking for after that mainstage speech from .

What a strange thing it was, to celebrate while Hoenn was on the brink of meteoric disaster. Though what else was there to do, really?

Elisabeth turned her gaze to the seashore, taking a moment to appreciate the sight of beachcombers searching for shells and Sharpedo teeth, Mantine surfers attempting the Magikarp Splash (while mostly failing), and giggling sunbathers taking photos of themselves for social media as they gossiped about the swimsuit competition. If you looked at Hoenn, in this moment, it was as if everything was ordinary and fine.

And wasn't that peculiar?

Lost in thought as she was, she found herself briefly distracted from the people and happenings immediately around her.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Sunny Day (VV) ✿ Outfit ✿ OPEN!
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Leek

Iggy
He/Him
May 27
Goldenrod, Johto
Bisexual
Rocket
Grunt
Single/not looking
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
11 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ignatius
Ignatius White
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 7:32:22 GMT
Ignatius White Avatar
Ignatius had drank before. Been buzzed. Drunk, even. But wasted? Blasted? Absolutely smacked?

Not until today.

The whole "kicked out by his dad" ... thing ... was still a fresh wound, gaping and occasionally gushing blood.

And like any fresh twenty-one-year-old might, Ignatius came to the conclusion that alcohol was the solution to all of his problems.

Had he tried forming healthy habits? Nope.

How about therapy? Absolutely not.

The Splashfest was a perfect storm: opportunity and an excuse came together to form an absolute mess of a human being.

Oh, and wasn't there something about an oncoming meteor? Doomsday? End of the world? That was a bonus. Why not just drown it all out?

Drunk on a dangerously high number of whiskey shots, the world barely existed to Ignatius. People and Pokemon were fuzzy shapes. The once-vivid blue sky diluted and swayed with the ocean.

Earlier on, Ignatius had dropped Vesper's ball and released her; a happy mistake, as the Absol now shouldered most of his weight. They zigzagged along the beach, with Vesper guiding Ignatius between people and ensuring he didn't stumble through any sandcastles.

But when a young child fell and knocked into her, Vesper looked away.

In that moment, Ignatius spotted a cute green Pokemon with twirling flowers. He beelined for the Bellossom and reached out to pinch a petal between his fingers. "You're the prettiest Bellossom I've ever seen and I want to catch one just like you some day. How can you have evolved from something as repulsive as Gloom?" he turned to the nearest person and said, "Isn't that crazy? How something as nasty as Gloom can evolve into a beautiful Bellossom? Talk about the ugly duckling, right?"

After a giggle, Ignatius squinted and said, "Is this your Pokemon? Where did you get it?"

Party:

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 23:53:35 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Heure D'été
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth blinked slowly, assessing the new arrival with something of a bemused smirk. Someone was having a little too much fun this Splashfest, hm? The man's poor Absol seemed almost embarrassed for him.

As for Elisabeth's Pokémon, her Bellossom giggled at the unexpected attention, blushing as complimented her flowers. Small mercies that it was Daffodil with Elisabeth today, and not her much haughtier, much prissier Roselia.

"Yes. This is Daffodil, my Bellossom," Elisabeth said with an even-keeled calm that was frankly comical in the face of such an obviously drunken person. "We met in the Petalburg Woods."

She rested her chin on one hand, the other holding her mojito aloft as she sipped at it slowly. The florist herself had only a slight, pleasant buzz affecting her, but it was enough for her tongue to loosen beyond her usual affable politeness.

"Not a fan of Gloom, I take it? Poor creatures. I find they're woefully misunderstood by most trainers." Her mouth quirked into a slight smile. "They only release a repugnant odor when threatened, you know. Have you perhaps offended one, Mister...?"

The blonde trailed off, giving the stranger space to answer his name.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Sunny Day (VV) ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Leek

Iggy
He/Him
May 27
Goldenrod, Johto
Bisexual
Rocket
Grunt
Single/not looking
0 height
0 height
awards
11 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ignatius
Ignatius White
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 4:19:11 GMT
Ignatius White Avatar
Daffodil. Pretty name for a pretty Pokemon. "Oh, the Petalburg Woods? I haven't been there yet. How is it?" Ignatius said, sitting where he stood. He rested his elbows on his knees and focused on the woman. She wore a yellow top and a floral pattern... skirt? was it a skirt? Ignatius furrowed his brow, trying to figure it out without staring and seeming weird and... was he creeping her out?

It took a few seconds, or maybe a minute, but he finally finished processing her words. "I battled a wild Gloom once with my Absol and I couldn't get the stench out of her fur for weeks. My parents made her sleep outside. Couldn't just leave her out there like that, so I slept outdoors too."

"Ignatius," he slurred his own name, then added, "but you should call me Iggy. It's sooooo much easier. What's your name? I bet it's something fancy. You seem like a fancy person. I haven't come across many Bellossom trainers who weren't fancy, you know?" What a funny word fancy was. Antsy. F-antsy.

Then something hit him: "Wait, did you say I threatened the Gloom? I don't think so. But sometimes Vesper--my Absol--she gets... protective of me. She thinks everything's dangerous, so maybe she threatened it," he said. "Why do you think they're misunderstood?" He wanted to learn, but whether he'd actually retain anything was up in the air. Did it matter?

Confident that the young child was safe with their parents, Vesper returned to her trainer's side, eyeing the situation. She headbutted him. Time to go.

"No, no, I want to chat," he said, fumbling for her Pokeball. He found it, only to drop it. It rolled underneath the woman's chair. He groaned and said, "Why don't you make friends with Daffodil here? She seems so nice."

Vesper sat down and blinked at the Bellossom, neutral as could be.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 5:29:12 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Heure D'été
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth politely avoided his strange interest in her sarong; perhaps he'd simply never seen someone wear one to the beach before. Or he was too drunk to see properly. That was equally likely.

"Iggy. A pleasure to meet you." Was he sitting on the floor now? Well. If the man wanted to rest there, then Elisabeth supposed she wouldn't stop him. "I'm Elisabeth. You can call me Elisa, if that's too fancy."

A faint curve at the corner of her mouth betrayed her dry humor.

"I live just outside of Petalburg Woods, actually. So I'm fond of it. Bug-type and Grass-type Pokemon especially enjoy the area."

She watched, faintly entertained, as the Absol seated himself by her Bellossom, who seemed entirely open to being friends with the newly arrived Pokémon. Daffodil, Elisabeth suspected, could most likely befriend anything and anyone.

To Iggy's question about Glooms, however, the blonde paused. The man was intoxicated, that much was evident -- but it was a reply she nonetheless wanted to give care in answering. "I think people are often put off by the parts of nature that are unpleasant," she said at last. "Did you know that the drool they emit is actually nectar? It serves as excellent plant fertiliser, and also is a key component in some rare perfumes."

A finger traced the rim of her glass, idly settling on the umbrella perched there.

"The foul smell they release only happens when they are scared. And to be honest, when people are scared, we do unpleasant things, too."
[break]
[break]
[break]
Sunny Day (VV) ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Leek

Iggy
He/Him
May 27
Goldenrod, Johto
Bisexual
Rocket
Grunt
Single/not looking
0 height
0 height
awards
11 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ignatius
Ignatius White
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 2:06:47 GMT
Ignatius White Avatar

Elisabeth. Fancy, but in a more classical way than he'd anticipated. He expressed this aloud: "Oh, I was thinking you were... I dunno, an Antoinette or an Esmeralda. Elisabeth is nice. Easy to say and remember."

Too out of it to read between the lines, Ignatius took everything she said at surface level. He nodded along, listening but not really listening. "Ohh, really now? I've only been to Slateport and just north of it so far. Haven't really been given any instructions to leave the area," he said, oblivious to his slip-up and the questions it could invoke.

Ignatius plucked a Pokeball from a strap on his backpack. "I do have a grass type, though. A Treecko. I found its egg," he said, careful enough to not reveal that he had, in fact, stolen the egg.

After a single bounce on the floor, the Pokeball popped open and released Thyme. "He recently hid in a tree for hours on end. Are there any tips you could give me for raising him? Or maybe you could just, like, help me out? I'd pay for someone to give me tricks on handling grass-type Pokemon. He's my most difficult Pokemon so far. Do you only raise grass and bug types?"

Arms crossed, Thyme rolled his eyes at his trainer's criticisms.

Elisabeth gave her piece on Gloom and nature being unpleasant. Ignatius' mouth hung open a bit as he absorbed the information. "Nectar? Isn't that what Combee uses to make honey?" Fertilizer and ... perfume? His nose wrinkled at the thought.

"And to be honest, when people are scared, we do unpleasant things, too." Her words rang true. He sighed, then said, "Yeah, I'm proof of that. But that's a long story."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 18:49:00 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Heure D'été
[break][break]
[break]
"Classic sounds like more of a compliment than fancy," Elisabeth said as she laughed brightly. "People tend to prefer something classic over something stuffy."

'Instructions' was a funny way of putting things, but the florist let it lie. It wasn't her business who worked for; she herself preferred not to give such answers about her own line of work. Her night schedule in Rocket looked markedly different than her daytime hours in Petalburg City.

"Treecko are tricky, but rewarding Pokémon to raise," the blonde said agreeably, allowing the conversation to swing back into more casual territory. "I do primarily specialize in Grass-type Pokemon, yes. And Poison and Bug as well, to some degree. Most of my Pokémon work in my gardens." A pause inserted itself. "I don't think I mentioned, but I work as a florist."

She pursed her lips, considering what advice she could give. It was very likely he would retain none of it, but again, that didn't mean she shouldn't attempt to give counsel.

"Let's see. Treecko are territorial, but calm in their demeanor generally. If you're engaging in a battle of wills, you're likely to lose, however. They don't seem to realize how small they are." A tiny smile tugged at her lips. "Do you have a place for yours to climb? They like to nest."

At the mention of Combee, she laughed again and shook her head. "Different nectar," she corrected pleasantly, but then as she listened to him speak further, she leaned her chin on her hands.

"I like stories," Elisabeth said, her attention piqued. "And I have nothing but time, if you'd like to tell me yours."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Sunny Day (VV) ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 22:58:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: