awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 2:58:55 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Accompanied by his Raichu, Derek and his pokemon set out into Petalburg woods with the intention of meeting up with someone. While the two of their pokemon did their best to get along and play, the gym leader had some questions for Penelope regarding her work.

A tree that had been felled by a wild pokemon served as Derek's seat as he waited for Penny to arrive. She'd yet to tell him which of her pokemon she was bringing, rather he didn't give her enough time to really organize. This all came out of the blue, without any real warning...
| MISSION 1 OF 5
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 4:47:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Today was gonna be a cute day!
[break][break]
Despite the shitty way had treated her on the beach, they had called a truce, and to solidify this sense of peace between them a small pokemon playdate was called into order. So, with her Rotom bouncing beside her, the reporter made her way through petalburg's famous woods.
[break][break]
When she arrived, she offered a large, sweeping wave and lazy smile.
[break][break]
"Yo!"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-whimscott"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 8:33:31 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Oh, hey!" Derek turns his head to reply, offering a little smile to their guests. "Glad you could make it." The gym leader could always use an excuse to visit the woods.

"Go on, say hi." Nudging his Raichu forward, the pokemon waddles it's weight towards Penelope and what it assumes to be it's new friend. An audible Rai! Rai! was offered to them both, as well as outreached paws in hopes they would return the gesture.
| MISSION 2 OF 5
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 19:52:30 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Of course. You think I'd pass up an opportunity to see my favorite gym leader."
[break][break]
An obvious tease punctuated by a wink. Sliding up beside him, she urged her rotom forward with a shooing gesture. The pokemon, who had previously been elated to go out and play, looked back at her, a mixture of worry and uncertainty plaguing his electronic features.
[break][break]
'bzz'
[break][break]
Penelope gave them a smile before returning her gaze back to Derek. "He's a lil shy, but give him a sec to get comfortable, and he'll be all over the place. Fickle as hell."
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-rotom"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 7:16:39 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"No worries." As the two adults exchange words, Derek's Raichu drags the Rotom along. It grows bored with human interaction, and instead wishes to test whose electricity is the strongest—seeing which can scorch a larger patch of earth.

Meanwhile Derek can't help but scoff a little at Penny's claim. "I don't think I am anyone's favorite anything." A little bit of self-deprecation, which was very common for him.

"Well, as far as people go. Obviously I am Jonesy's favorite. It was surprising to see him chicken out on today's little playdate. One mention of getting shocked and he camouflaged himself and ran for the woods."
| MISSION 3 OF 5
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 14:12:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope had to hold herself back from rolling her eyes at the self-deprecation. It was a small pet peeve of hers.
[break][break]
"Aw, how cute."
[break][break]
So, instead, she chose to direct her focus onto the mention of Jonesy. All the while, their Pokémon continued to play amongst themselves. Rotom tried showing off his electrical prowess by sending out a hefty SHOCK WAVE.
[break][break]
"So, Hoffman, how's life been treating you? "
[break][break]
It was a simple question, but what else was there to really say?
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-rotom"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 15:33:17 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Well, not a whole lot is new." Derek starts, allowing the two electric types to play. Or whatever else it was they decided to do. Maybe a fight would break out? Who knew.

"Everything in my garden grows, save for that Gracidea seed from the speed dating." He assumed Penny knew what he was talking about, but he could always elaborate if she didn't. "Gym is fine. Pokemon are fine. I am fine, I think..."

Saying you were fine or that you're doing alright, well...often enough the people that said that might as well be trying to convince themselves. Or so Derek felt as he finished uttering the word. "The only thing that could be going better is my search for the titans." Namely Registeel, who he blamed for the death of his Charizard. And the deaths of pokemon belonging to the other rangers that were along for the ride.
| MISSION 4 OF 5
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 5:02:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"it'll come when it comes," she assured him. No search of merit came easy. It takes time, effort, and a bit of luck to push through. Or, at least, that's what she told herself back at HBS, when she was still running stories.
[Break][break]
"Is there anything I could do to help, or like, are you good?"
[Break][break]
It wasn't a very professional way of asking, but they were friends now. It wouldn't hurt them to be a bit more casual with things.
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 6:15:56 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"I'm good, thanks." Realizing how he made it out, Derek quickly retreats from that frame of mind. "I just wish it wasn't still there in the back of my head to bother me, y'know?" They had more pressing matters, after all.

"Knowing there's more to be done about it, but being unable to do so because of a meteor, primal crystals, and all that...?" It's easy for Derek to see why he seems to be growing oh so very tired of it all. Or just growing tired in of itself.

"Let's just say I am looking forward to being able to rest easy, when it's all said and done." Whether that was due to their success or failure didn't really matter.

Their pokemon had begun to draw closer by this time, seemingly fed up with one another. Or maybe they were just hungry? Derek's Raichu certainly seemed that way. But it made him wonder, what did a Rotom eat, if anything at all?
| MISSION 5 OF 5
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 22:30:43 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope could resonate with that sentiment.
[break][break]

When things are finally all said and done, would she be able to rest easy? Unlikely. However, when you're world is drawing to a close, it's easier to live off lighthearted beliefs than stay forever grounded by reality.
[break][break]

"You will."
[break][break]

There was nothing of substance maintaining this assertion, but for their conversation, there didn't need to be anything there. Just the thought was strong through.
[break][break]

"It'll be over soon enough. One way or another."
[break][break]

From there, their Pokémon returned to them, his raichu obviously annoyed by the buzz of the rotom. Loud, proud, and overly hyper, the electric type was definitely a handful.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
pkmn playground [m]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 2:14:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: