M.A.G.M.A Sample Collection 6
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 13:29:17 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Oh! It’s you!”
[break][break]
A bubbly demeanour, a seemingly endless amount of energy, a bright smile, and an unquestionably Galarian accent that drips off every word that is spoken in a sweet soprano. Her appearance may never be exactly the same, for her choices in attire vary with the winds, but undoubtedly, these are the things that will always be true about Ceri Glynn.
[break][break]
Well, those and perhaps the fact that beneath an open lab coat, her attore of choice is arguably far too revealing for this kind of professional setting. But, hey, who’s keeping track of that, right? At least she gets the job done!
[break][break]
And speaking of the job…
[break][break]
”So! What do you have for me today, Mister Bee?”
[break][break]
All the implements to collect samples rest on the counter, ready to make this as quick and painless for both of them. Oh, and for the pokémon, of course!

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡[break][break]
M.A.G.M.A Sector A - GATHER I

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 18:17:29 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Caught just as he was opening the laboratory door, Barnaby's torso hadn't even made it into the room before Ceri's bright and bubbly greeting reached his ears. That characteristic Galarian lilt goaded a welcoming smile to his lips.

"It's me!" He shot back, his voice equally as warm as the young researcher's, and continued past the threshold and into the lab proper. All the necessary tools for collection had already been laid out on the counter he approached, some which he recognized from his previous trip and some he did not.

"Nothing quite as headstrong as the Eevee from last time, but it is another Hatchery Pokémon."

Just then, as if he knew they were talking about him, an oddly-colored MEOWTH peeked out from behind Barnaby's leg. The feline was distinctly different from others of his species, with a glistening coat composed of an iridescent pearl body and light teal points.

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #1

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 18:34:26 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Eyes of a warm russet shade widen in surprise at the sight of the unusual Meowth, only to then immediately narrow as if they were inspecting every single visible aspect of the feline. They are. Bee becomes inconsequential. Or, well, actually… He becomes one of the methods to confirm what Ceri is already suspecting.
[break][break]
The hatchery. She echoes the executive’s words as if she were speaking of a distant place – a fantasy land where all things can come true. And, it’s almost forcibly that she looks away from the cat, turning her attention to the tablet on the counter, where a chart awaits to be filled out. Written notes have always been her preference.
[break][break]
”So… A couple of months old, yeah? Illumina genes? Anything else I should know… Special moves, all of that? You know how this goes by now.”
[break][break]
With that last comment, Bee gets a grin out of the scientist – bright and slightly wicked, as if she herself were a Cheshire cat or something of the like.
[break][break]
”Welp! Let’s get started! Come on, come on.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 19:23:32 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"About the same age as the Eevee, yes. Older by only a few weeks." Barnaby responded, looking down at the kitten at his feet. The poor thing was clutching at his pantleg, obviously anxious about the unfamiliar surroundings and unusual smells.

"Sorry, he's a little shy." Which seemed funny to Barnaby, given how much the MEOWTH stood out from the crowd. Literally. The thing had the ability to freaking glow.

As he spoke, a hand was lowered to scoop the cat from the floor... which was then immediately dodged, the MEOWTH having skirted around to Barnaby's other leg. He frowned, shifted his feet, and tried again with both hands this time.

Bad idea. This prompted the feline to bolt under the lab table in front of them, it's hackles raised along it's back like a PINCURCHIN.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 20:01:35 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

This is why she doesn’t have cats.
[break][break]
Well, actually, it’s her allergies and the fact that they’re not nearly as cool as her poison types, but still, their attitude plays a part. Especially when she needs a cat to cooperate but it just doesn’t. Needless to say, the brunette is not particularly sympathetic, but there would be no way of telling as much with the way she smiles.
[break][break]
”Awww. Poor little guy… Give me a sec!”
[break][break]
She makes sure to finish with her notes before reaching for a pokéball, from which she summons the same Spritzee Bee had met before. Before giving any instructions, Ceri walks around the table, kneeling on the cold floors of the submarine’s lab and looking at the cat.
[break][break]
”Okey dokey… Give me some AROMATHERAPY. It should help calm him down enough to handle.”
[break][break]
At least that’s her hope.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 21:09:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
This was why he preferred canines.

They were generally easier to train, less skittish. Although his beloved NINETALES were aloof, they at least complied when he needed them to do something. This MEOWTH on the other hand... well, it was friendly enough, but perhaps Barnaby had set it up for failure by expecting it to act appropriately in an unknown place.

He wouldn't admit that, though. Instead, Barnaby withdrew a few treats from his pocket and offered them to the kitten with an open palm. The thing wasn't aggressive, just frightened, and with the help of AROMATHERAPY was well on it's way to calming down. After a few moments it hesitantly edged forward to take one of the treats.

"That's it," Barnaby encouraged in a soothing voice. "Come now, we still need to show Miss Ceri how special you are."

It seemed the combination of his coaxing and SPRITZEE's calming gas did the trick. After another minute or so Barnaby was able to pluck the MEOWTH from under the table, with it's only protest being a quiet, defeated mewl.

"There we are, little one." The cat was placed on the counter, although Barnaby's hands remained firmly around it's body.

"Sorry, I believe you were asking about what makes him unusual?" A momentary pause to think, but several things quickly came to mind. "Odd moves that I don't think Meowth normally learn. Heal Bell and Frenzy Plant. Obviously his Illumina characteristics... he tends to glow when he's happy."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 0:44:23 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Logically, it makes sense. Put most cats in an unfamiliar place and that’s how they’ll react, especially if they’re not confident, but that doesn’t mean she had to want to deal with all of that mess. Totally not her thing, and apparently also not Barnaby’s, judging by how he handles it.
[break][break]
Still, she waits and lets him deal with all of it.
[break][break]
”Well, look at you! Cat whisperer. Bet underboss del Mar would be proud.” She teases, giving him a wink, and admittedly, she mostly only does so because of the latter’s obvious fondness for Meowth… and because it’s much better and cleaner than the other joke that immediately crosses her mind. Shame Bee isn’t her type.
[break][break]
Her attention goes to collecting the samples as soon as she’s able to do so, but while she gets through every step with methodical care, there’s a small pause when the executive mentions Frenzy Plant.
[break][break]
”...It’s an offspring of one of the pokémon that came from the Tree of Life? Interesting.
[break][break]
That’s all she says on that, but she’s all too familiar with the eggs that had been given to the participants of the expedition into the tree, and the strange move they had all hatched knowing.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 1:12:08 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I like to think he would be." Barnaby agreed with a light laugh, only half-teasing. "He taught me a few tricks, after all." Like the value of positive reinforcement.

Speaking of, the treats had not ceased even after the MEOWTH's capture. Barnaby had been steadily feeding the kitten as Ceri collected her samples, rewarding it's good behavior. Pets were included in this as well, of course.

"...It’s an offspring of one of the pokémon that came from the Tree of Life? Interesting.”

He is? Barnaby almost blurted out. But he played it cool, acted unsurprised. Still, he didn't recall mentioning that the PERSIAN he used for this breeding had such an unusual move, apparently influenced by the Tree of Life in some way.

Thinking about the Tree now brought back memories he'd rather not recall, so Barnaby quickly deflected to another subject.

"Was there anything else you needed, Ceri?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 1:44:47 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Oh, did he now?”
[break][break]
This time, Ceri quirks a brow, a playfully wicked smirk tugging at her lips when looking at Bee. Is she teasing him? Yes. Should she be teasing him? Probably not, but when has that ever stopped her? Maybe it’s just the fact that she likes Bee well enough.
[break][break]
Yet as much as Ceri may enjoy teasing others, it’s so very easy that her work steals her attention away. She watches the Meowth while finishing with collecting the blood samples – not in case it may have another outburst, but because she’s curious about its appearance and how its strange genetics are linked to its behaviour.
[break][break]
Once she’s done and the samples are safely stored away, she gives Bee a bright smile, putting her hands in the pockets of her lab coat.
[break][break]
”Nope! Not for now, at least, but if you have any questions about anything, let me know! Oh, and if you have any other pokémon for me to collect samples from. Thanks for supporting the MAGMA Division, your contribution is appreciated, for the glory of Team Rocket, and yada yada yada.
[break][break]
That last part gets a light laugh out of her, for Ceri has never been one to care much for all those formalities. However, they’re apparently needed all the same. Shame.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 2:07:26 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He didn't mind the teasing, considering it was one of his favorite pastimes as well. However, Barnaby decided to not verbally acknowledge her probing question, instead simply smiling and shaking his head. Although they didn't exactly go out of their way to keep their intimate relationship a secret, did have his boundaries when it came to their ROCKET dynamic.

So, best not to mention anything more.

"I'll be sure to do that. Thank you, Ceri." He spoke through a pleasant smile, his MEOWTH now removed from the counter and held in his arms. The feline was now visibly relaxed, his tense muscles and frightened expression having loosened once he realized they were done. Barnaby gave the kitten a soothing pat as he started toward the door, pausing only to say his farewell.

Ceri's playful attitude, rather than being insubordinate as some in the organization may have taken it, was actually refreshing. She got her work done, but had fun doing it. That was rare these days.

"Till next time, then."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 2:09:09 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A: GATHER I

SPECIES: 052 Meowth ニャース
[break]
[break]
[break]
WEIGHT: 9.1 lbs
[break]
HEIGHT: 1'02"
[break]
OWNER: Bee ()
[break][break][break][break]
APPEARANCE: Light coloured fur, vibrant teal pattern and glow. High luminescence when in ILLUMINA STATE.
[break]
TEMPERAMENT: Extremely anxious and shy. Fear aggression is likely. Use of AROMATHERAPY is recommended during sample collection.
[break][break]
POKÉRUS-Y: Negative
[break]
SHADOW GENES: 3rd Generation (Heterozygous - Recessive)
[break]
ILLUMINA GENES: 2nd Generation (Homozygous - Dominant)
[break]
SPECIAL MOVES: Frenzy Plant, Heal Bell
[break][break]
TESTS PERFORMED:[break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Buccal Smear
  • Whole Blood
  • Plasma
  • Tissue
  • Infinity Energy Readings

[break]
2022-08-13[break]RESULTS PENDING

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 6:18:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: