M.A.G.M.A Sample Collection 7
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 10:36:48 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Bee!”
[break][break]
Today, she wears black from head to toe, even her nails being painted in perfect obsidian matte. There are sleeves under her lab coat, and her cleavage is covered for once, but it probably doesn’t make up for the fact that she’s still wearing a crop top and a skirt that is as short as it gets. You win some, you lose some.
[break][break]
Ceri’s laboratory, however, is pristine, and all equipment has been set up just as it had for the executive’s previous appointments. She has a tablet in hand, and it’s with a bright smile that she greets .
[break][break]
”I heard you have something good for me today.”
[break][break]
He had been proving M.A.G.M.A with samples from the very beginning, and for that Ceri is admittedly incredibly grateful. After all, this new project she has found herself involved in has proven to be extremely interesting.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡[break][break]
M.A.G.M.A Sector A - GATHER I

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 15:43:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Ceri! Always a pleasure to see you."

At this point, after several meetings between them now, Barnaby was actually being truthful. He enjoyed her bubbly personality, her fashion sense, as well as her diligence and commitment to her work. All admirable qualities that made up a person which ROCKET was lucky to have on their team.

"I do." At his side was an impressive Alolan NINETALES, the color of a chilled rosé and with an air of cold elegance. Her dark eyes held an intelligence rarely seen in similar canid Pokémon. She was gorgeous and she knew it.

"This is Bijou. She is one of my most beloved companions. Please treat her well." Barnaby replied, swiping a hand over the crown of her head; the NINETALES leaned into the touch, mewing softly while looking sidelong at .

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #1
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 16:04:38 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

As has been quite well established already, Ceri doesn’t have a particular interest in neither cats nor dogs. The same can be said about vulpines, of course, but that is quite different when they’re unique pokémon with unexpected genetics or abilities.
[break][break]
Does the Ninetales’ appearance make her nose itch, forcing her to hold back a sneeze? Yes, it does. Does it also fill her with the giddy excitement of a child during Christmas morning, making her positively beam? Absolutely.
[break][break]
”Oh, you’re beautiful. The scientist tells the fox, who no doubt knows that well. She gets to work right away, starting off with offering Bijou her hand to sniff along with some treats, before moving on to a quick and simple Pokérus test.
[break][break]
”What can you tell me about her? Why her?”
[break][break]
By now, Bee is probably aware of exactly the sort of questions that fill that overly-active brain of Ceri’s.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 16:36:27 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I assume you've heard of the events that transpired at the Fleur Tea Atelier?" Barnaby supposed it wasn't much of a secret, considering how many ROCKETs participated in the challenges that day. Still, a brief overview couldn't hurt, at least considering his NINETALES' part in all of it.

"A Pokémon called Enamorus bestowed it's 'blessing' on Bijou here." He continued, still stroking the beautiful fox at his side as Ceri went through her usual routine of tests. "A move called Springtide Storm. It's incredibly powerful, but... again, not something the species is usually able to learn."

So, so curious. That entire day had been a whirlwind of peculiarity.

"As far as why I chose her..." Barnaby looked down, meeting those deep, intelligent eyes. "... there was no scientific reason. To use the 'winds of love and hate', as they called it, seemed poetic, somehow. I thought it suited her."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 16:53:36 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”So I’ve heard!” She had heard. Of course she had, considering the number of Team Rocket members that had apparently taken on the Fleur Tea Atelier’s challenge. ”I never had a chance to study one of the pokémon involved until now, though.”
[break][break]
It’s terribly exciting.
[break][break]
How had this “Enamorus” changed Bee’s Bijou? Why had it done it? Based on descriptions, it would seem as if it might be one of the least known “deities”. Fascinating.
[break][break]
”Looks like she’s infected with Pokérus-Y, and I imagine that probably wasn’t the case before your tearoom adventures, huh?” After getting a look at the test results, she notes that on the tablet. ”We should probably move to a testing room and get energy readings for this ‘Springtide Storm’ move once I’m done with collecting samples. For all we know, it could be something similar in nature to Light of Ruin.”
[break][break]
She had theorised that some hatchery pokémon had been born knowing such a move due to the Infinity Energy surge a few months back, as well as due to the combination of Pokérus-Y and Illumina genes. However, theories are not facts.
[break][break]
The sample collection process goes relatively quickly this time, perhaps because this is no cantankerous shadow gene pokémon or scared Meowth.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 22:12:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Wait, what?" Barnaby's hand stilled, now simply resting atop his NINETALES' head. "She is?"

Cobalt eyes once again trailed downwards, an obvious sadness in their depths, while his hand slid lower to cup the fox's jaw. His thumb drew slow, affectionate circles in Bijou's fur. "Oh, mon fleur, what have I done to you?"

He hadn't cared so much when his Shadow EEVEE was given the same diagnosis; it was born infected, after all, and didn't seem aversely affected. But Bijou... Barnaby had chosen her as the recipient of ENAMORUS' blessing. His narrow-mindedness in the moment may just cost him a Pokémon he dearly loved. The prospect was utterly gut-wrenching.

"No, she wasn't." He answered, the friendliness in his voice having dulled to a flat, worried tone.

"What are the effects of a Pokérus-Y infection?" Barnaby's eyes finally raised again to meet 's. "...Is it life-threatening?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 22:38:06 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Bee’s sudden concern over his pokémon’s wellbeing makes Ceri pause in the middle of collecting a blood sample, her warm russet eyes fixing on him. After all the times he had visited this lab, having brought her pokémon who also carry the virus, she had not expected him to worry about the diagnosis. But, he does. Is it a matter of favouritism? Ugh, men.
[break][break]
”To be totally honest, we don’t really know much about the virus. That’s why we’re studying it.” Is her immediate answer to the question of it being life-threatening, her attention returning to carefully removing the needle and applying light pressure with a gauze to facilitate clot formation. Her tone is calm and steady, but she doesn’t sound particularly grim or worried.
[break][break]
”She’ll be fine, though.” Ceri adds then when going to put the samples away, a slight smile being shot Bee’s way. ”It’s known to be a mutualistic virus. That basically means that it benefits the host. A lot of pokémon born with Pokérus-Y grow faster, evolving much sooner than what would be expected. But, since your Bijou is already fully grown, you don’t have to worry about that! If I were to take a stab in the dark, this Enamorus may have passed the virus onto her when giving her its blessing.”
[break][break]
It’s the most logical assumption to make, but at the moment, there’s no particular proof of it being a fact. For now, at least.
[break][break]
”Okay! Let’s look at that move… Maybe I’ll take some samples from it too. See if it transmits the virus or so on.”
[break][break]
Can Pokérus be airborne? What if they were to modify it to have more adverse effects? Weaponize it. It’s an interesting thought, one she’ll remember to share with later on.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 22:59:25 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Favoritism? By ? Absolutely. He was picky when it came to those he truly cherished. There were few people or Pokémon who earned the privilege of his favor. Bijou, of course, was one such creature.

"... Right. Mutualistic. I understand." Even if the virus didn't appear to harm it's host, it was still something foreign that Barnaby inadvertently introduced to his Pokémon without thinking through the consequences first. It didn't sit well with him.

"Is it something that can be cured?" He paused, but quickly added, "Right. You don't know much about it yet. Still, is Rocket looking into that avenue of research?"

He asked all this as Ceri gestured to a nearby room, likely the testing area she had mentioned earlier. Barnaby led his NINETALES over to the door and instructed her to use SPRINGTIDE STORM once inside and given the cue.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 23:56:55 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Viruses, much like parasites, just get a bad rap, and to someone like Ceri, that’s really fucking sad. Then again, she gets it, since a lot of viruses do some really messed up (albeit it also really fucking cool) things to their hosts, but come on, do people always have to expect the worst? That’s just so boring.
[break][break]
”Well… We’re working on developing treatment and prevention methods as a precaution, but the Pokérus is just like any other virus: it’s not something you just get rid of with a magic little pill.”
[break][break]
She could explain the intricacies of it all, but surely even someone like Bee has been sick before, no? And anyone who has been sick knows that, in the end, as much as things like antivirals may help, in the end fighting off an illness is their body’s job. That of the immune system. How long does Pokérus remain in the body? Given that no adverse effects have been recorded as of yet, Ceri can’t help but find herself to be infinitely curious about such matters.
[break][break]
”Nothing we’ve found so far indicates that Pokérus harms its hosts, Bee. She’s fine. Ceri adds then for the sake of some reassurance, giving him a slight smile before heading into the testing area. Equipment is used to record the use of SPRINGTIDE STORM and measure the energy produced, and through it all, she watches in utter awe.
[break][break]
Cool. Is all the young galarian says, making sure to collect quite a few of the scattered petals to study them later.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 1:31:28 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Of course, you're right. That does make sense." Barnaby was no scientist, but he understood the basics of most things. If not, he could research and get a relative grasp. When all else failed, could usually explain it in a way that he understood.

With the data collection concluded, Bijou exited the testing chamber, no worse for the wear and seeming as pristine as ever. You would never be able to tell that a foreign virus had integrated itself into her body.

She trotted toward her owner, being sure to give a wide berth. While she tolerated the scientist, she by no means enjoyed being poked an prodded. Barnaby, on the other hand, received an adoring nuzzle to the palm of his hand.

"I think we'll be off, then." He said, shifting his weight toward the door.

"When I have time I might bring in my Pokémon who know Light of Ruin, since you mentioned it earlier." Other than that, he was beginning to run out of interesting specimens for her to research! "Have a good one, Ceri."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 1:40:29 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A: GATHER I

SPECIES: 038 Ninetales キュウコン (Alola Region Variant - #331 ADex)
[break]
[break]
[break]
WEIGHT: 70lbs
[break]
HEIGHT: 4'3"
[break]
OWNER: Bee ()
[break][break][break]
APPEARANCE: Alolan variant. Shiny colouration. Large, but not out of the ordinary. No other notable abnormalities in appearance.
[break]
TEMPERAMENT: Aloof, but compliment with collection procedures. Obedient to trainer. Performed Springtide Storm without resistance.
[break][break]
POKÉRUS-Y: Positive
[break]
SHADOW GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
ILLUMINA GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
SPECIAL MOVES: Springtide Storm
[break][break]
TESTS PERFORMED:[break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Buccal Smear
  • Whole Blood
  • Plasma
  • Tissue
  • Infinity Energy Readings
  • Infinity Energy Readings from Springtide Storm
  • Petal samples collected from Springtide Storm

[break]
ADDITIONAL NOTES:[break]
SPRINGTIDE STORM move was acquired due to the influence of a Pokémon named ENAMORUS at Ever Grande City's Fleur Tea Atelier in March, 2022. POKÉRUS-Y believed to have been contracted during such encounter. SPRINGTIDE STORM's potential to transmit POKÉRUS-Y and POKÉRUS-Y's potential for airborne transmission will be further studied – this is believed to be unlikely.
[break][break]
POKÉRUS-Y method of transmission remains to be discovered.
[break][break]
Energy signatures from SPRINGTIDE STORM align with the INFINITY ENERGY (Bioenergy) signature of most potent Pokémon moves. No abnormalities found.

[break]
2022-08-20[break]RESULTS PENDING

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 8:11:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: