6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 23:53:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh reviewed the results of the written exam he had just taken at Mauville's Ranger HQ, the city he would most likely be working out of due to its proximity to his Gym. Working two part-time jobs was tiring, but he loved how rewarding each one was and could not give up either one yet. It showed he had achieved a perfect score - not one question wrong! He pumped a fist and let out a brief shout of excitement. Only a couple of minutes afterward, a new RangerNet email notification dinged on his phone:

TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennrangers.gov)
CC: (matt.vice@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Rescue Training"
PROTOCOL: Training
DANGER: ☆☆☆☆☆

Congratulations on getting a perfect score on your Written Exam! As part of your Practical Exam for promotion to Cadet, you will be helping with supervising a Search-and-Rescue training mission for a new recruit. You mission is to have three of your Pokémon hide in the practice facility for your new recruit to "rescue", and to monitor and coach the recruit as needed. While each Pokémon can feign varying levels of aggression, under no circumstances are they to attack the recruit in any way.

After the training, you are to submit a report with the results of the training session, including whether or not a recommendation for hire should be issued to Head Ranger .

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

"They really trust me this much to make me a trainer now?" Josh asked no one in particular, his mouth wide open. He had only been with the Rangers one month, but he had already accomplished what most Rangers took several months or even an entire year to do. Clearly Ranging was his true calling and not the Gym Challenge; he was far more successful here than he ever was on the battling circuit. This was his first time as a lead on any mission, even if it was a training mission. "Hey, at least this will be good lead work practice," he smiled as he headed out of the Rangers' office building and to their sprawling, prairie grass-covered training facility.

The green-garbed Ranger sent out his entire squad of electric Pokémon: Saber the Manectric, Crash the Boltund, and Blitz the Luxray. "Now I want you three to run off and hide," he instructed his saddled Pokémon. "Don't make it too easy for yourselves to be caught, but no attacks, got it?" With a purr and a couple of barks of understanding, the three dispersed to the far end of the large field. Once they were out of sight, Josh sent out Ares, his Charizard, who released some of his pent-up energy by loosing a stream of flames harmlessly skyward. He climbed atop the dragon and lazily held his reins, keeping an eye out for the new recruit to show up. It couldn't have taken him long...

{WC: 486}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Crash         Boltund        Good
Blitz         Luxray         Good
Twilight      Absol          Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
Homie better put your pride aside I’m a Benz and you’re more like a Volvo
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 20:03:52 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Getting Nana used to riding gear had proven... difficult. The arcanine did not like the added weight it made. Nor did she like the feel, the sound- absolutely none of it she enjoyed! Terrible, terrible thing! She bucked and tried to chew it off. Matt scolded her each time like she was a newborn pup. How dare he, she was older than him! At least... in dog years. The pouting she was doing as they were traveling to the raining place was hilarious.

"Come on Nana, you remember what happened last time. I almost died because I couldn't hold onto you!"

She scuffed at him, turning her head up stubbornly. "You're worse than Nico." Sighing heavily, he scratched her mane. "Look, we want to be rangers, right? Well this will help us work together." Nana huffed, knowing he was right, even if she did not like it. Grumbling, she started to trot faster to their destination. "Besides, we get to see Josh. You like his Pyroar, right? Y'all can run around maybe. Er, well I guess we're training.. guess we find them?" Hell if he knew.

Finally he spotted Josh. "Hey!"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 7:20:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Oh, there you are!" The green-garbed Ranger waved to his new friend. He would recognize that Arcanine any day. Ares greeted the two with a grumble. It was intimidating-sounding, but the Charizard meant no ill will. To be fair, almost every sound a Charizard made was intimidating if one wasn't familiar with the species. There was a reason the species was so popular among trainers of all skill levels despite how dangerous they were to raise. "Never thought I'd see you in a Ranger uniform, Matt! I'll make sure to share some of my referral bonus with you if you make it through training, just like we agreed!" The Charizard beat his wings hard once, Matt likely able to feel the rush of air if he was standing close by.

"Now I may be a Rookie Ranger still, but I'll be overseeing your Practical Exam as the last part of your Ranger training," Josh explained to the fresh recruit. "I can't tell you what Pokémon you'll be looking for, but you'll be able to recognize them by their green collars and the saddles they wear." He paused to let Matt take the directions in. "None of them will be inside any buildings on the complex, and they will all be within the confines of the training area. If you see concrete with green paint on it, you've gone too far."

Once he was done going over the "mission" briefing, Ares flexed his legs, ready to take off. "Bring all three of them back here, and your training will be complete. Ares and I will be observing. Your mission will start when you're ready," he continued, further assuring Matt he would not interfere in the task in any way, helpful or harmful. Pulling up a stopwatch app on his phone, he was ready to start the timer as soon as he saw Matt and Nana take off into the training environment filled with a wide variety of terrain. "Remember everything you've learned up to this point, and good luck! We're all counting on you."

Saber         Manectric      Hidden
Crash         Boltund        Hidden
Blitz         Luxray         Hidden

{WC: 344}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 6:00:19 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

To say Matt hated the color of his uniform... well, he wasn't going to discuss his hate of the color green. The color had become dull to him over the years of growing up with two friends who obsessed over the color. Alas, it was neither here nor there, and he would deal with it for right now. It was all for a cause.

Though he was impressed with the charizard Josh had. Not a pokemon he would go for though- it was a reach he even got that Scraggy. She was a wild thing to tame, not even sure she would be to useful on this mission.. However, he knew exactly who would be.

"Well, what can I say, got inspired by and you." He laughed, remembering kicking some poacher ass with Anna. That day was wild. Moving Nana closer, he released two of his pokemon. Kazzy and Dagger. Per usual, Dagger looked like he was glaring daggers.

"Okay! Kazzy, Dagger, and Nana- we're searching for Josh's pokemon. If I had to guess, it's either horse-pokemon and ridable. Maybe a few cats. We're gonna try our best, right?"

Kazzy barked, running in circles, looking ready to report! Dagger rolled his eyes, crossing his arms, huffing. Whatever. Nana nodded her head, turning her head right to Josh- sniffing him. Motioning with her head for the other two canines to copy. They followed the older canines instruction, locking the scent in their noses. Giving barks of readiness.

"Aight! Go on you two, signal if you find anything! C'mon Na-NAAAAAA"

The canine took off before he could finish. Seems she was excited to do this mission with her trainer!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 3:29:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
After Josh let the three canines sniff the empty Poké Balls on his belt to pick up the targets' scents, he let the three take off. He wanted to laugh at Nana's enthusiasm, but stopped himself short. Though the two knew each other outside the workplace, this was still a professional environment, and he had to remain on top of his game. The moment Nana took off, he started the stopwatch. With the distance Nana could cover and the other Pokémon the trainee had, it shouldn't take him more than an hour to find all three Pokémon.

The tall grass deep in the prairie section of the training facility made it difficult to see, though being astride Nana gave Matt a bit of an edge compared to doing a ground search like many trainees did. As he rode across the prairie, he may have felt an unnatural static in the air.

Meanwhile, Ares was several hundred feet in the air, circling the training grounds as Josh observed the scattering quadrupeds. Matt's Arcanine still seemed not very well trained. Either that, or Matt just wasn't a very good rider. Either of those deficiencies could be addressed, but not while he was on the clock. His job was mostly observational, occasionally lightly guiding the trainee if he was struggling. He started to smile as the budding Ranger got closer to Crash, his Boltund, who had fallen asleep in the tall grass.

Crash         Boltund        Hidden

{WC: 241}
{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 2:46:13 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Oh Matt could strangle Nana. Not that he ever would lay a finger on her. But the two were off. Matt went to stand on top of Nana's back, placing his hand over his eyes to peer out against the tall grass she had settled in. The air felt... weird. Not sure why.

"You smell anything, girl?" Nana lifted her nose, giving a sharp sniff. Her eyes squinted, going to press her nose firmly to the ground. Inhaling, before she barked a command for Matt to sit. He fell very ungracefully back into the saddle, and she trotted forward. Circling an odd patch of grass within.

Matt lfited a brow, hopping off her and going to comb through the grass- and trip over the bolthound. Well... that's one way to find someone!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 6:44:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Matt tripping over the sleeping Crash woke him up instantly, the Boltund setting out some fierce-sounding barks with a hint of thunder in his voice. He turned around to see who it was that had disturbed him. It was a familiar face! His aggression turned into friendship-fueled affection, whimpering and attempting to give the trainee a nuzzle and kisses on his cheek - not the attack NUZZLE, but it could have felt like it thanks to the mild static surrounding him. Even without the green collar, the saddle on him was a big giveaway this was one of Josh's Pokémon! With that, the speedy canine ran back toward the entrance on his own.

One down, two to go!

Meanwhile, high above the training grounds, Josh saw Matt had found the first of Josh's three Pokémon, and in a matter of a few minutes, too. At this rate, Matt would pass the exam with top marks. The Boltund was as affectionate as ever toward Matt, even running back on his own to let him keep searching for the other two Pokémon. "Well, that's the easy one," Josh mumbled to himself. "The other two won't be so easy, both in locating them and in getting them back." His eyes shifted toward a series of ditches full of fast-moving water, intended to simulate a raging river.

Crash         Boltund        Rescued

{WC: 225}
{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 21:08:53 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Matt had rolled over to look at what he tripped on. Was that Crash? The sudden kisses gave it away. "Ah! You're as bad as Kazzy, boy! Down, down!" He laughed, giving him some affectionate pets. "Sorry I tripped over you." Getting up, he waved Crash off. Going to hitch himself back up on top of Nana.

Looking around the area, he was trying to spot where Dagger or Kazzy had ran off too. Kazzy had followed the scents to the river, staring at it with his ears pinned back. Whining as he paced the riverbank, poor pup was concerned one of them had fallen in and gotten hurt! But wait, was there footprints? The canine started to look, to see if possibly his bigger friends had been swept away by the waters!

Meanwhile Dagger had went and perched himself up on top of the highest thing he could find- which was a tree. He was sitting on the very top branch, eye eyes scanning the area. Higher vantage point was always good... until he looked towards Josh. Eyes locked with the Charziard, the canine just glaring them down, before it went back to looking for it's targets- only for a ear to flick towards the whining he was hearing from Kazzy probably panicking over nothing. Rolling his eyes, he used Swords Dance- which caught Matt's attention. Daggers pointed the swords to point towards where Kazzy was, which sent Nana running off in a hurry in case something was wrong!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 1:06:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The static in the air built as Matt and Nana approached the ditch that the footprints led him to. The footprints led straight into the ditch. It was big, smooth, and steeply sloped; with an angle of over 45 degrees, there was no easy climbing up and down. That water was really moving, too; if he dropped in, he would get swept away for sure. Of course, there would be no more than minor injuries even if he did take a spill; the training facility was properly equipped to make the chance of a trainee injury as low as physically possible.

Dagger's SWORDS DANCE pointed Matt in the right direction; the feeling of static in the air slowly got more intense as the two raced downriver. When combined with the potency of Nana's scent, the two were able to locate a saddled Luxray with a green collar, awkwardly sitting on a ledge not too much larger than she was. He had to have taken a nasty fall to get stuck down there! As soon as Nana's shadow passed over him, the Luxray started waving his claw toward Matt and his Pokémon, letting out a weak cry to feign injury.

Josh smiled at how quickly his Pokémon were being discovered, but that was only the Search half of a Search-and-Rescue. How would he deal with an injured Pokémon that was also difficult to reach? He expected the Ranger to come up with an ingenious solution worthy of the new position...

{WC: 252}
{PC: 5}

Crash         Boltund        Rescued
Blitz         Luxray         Discovered
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 23:28:00 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Matt followed along, finding Kazzy along the way. "C'mon, buddy." He called to the smaller canine, as Nana sniffed the air. Her head turning, her mane started to stand on end. It made her growl lowly, like something else was here. Turning her head around, before snorting. Finally, she leaned over, seeing the Luxray below. Brow raised at it, already trying to compute a way for her to get down to assist.

Climbing off Nana, Matt reached into her saddle and produced a thick rope. "Here, hold this." He instructed the canine. Nana took it in her maw, lifting a brow at him. Matt tied it around his waist, he went to the side of the cliff. "Okay Bana, keep me steady." Nodding, she held the rope tighter in he rmaw.

Matt propelled himself down, getting to Blitz. "Hey there buddy, I hope you're actually okay. Lets get ya back up there, alright?" If the Luxray allowed him to touch them, he would go to untie the rope from himself and start tying it around the Luxray's body. "I'm going to climb up and meet with Nana, then we both will pull you up, okay?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 6:24:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was impressed; Matt had exhibited the skills to handle a more complex rescue. He did take his time, but some situations allowed for, and even warranted, such an approach! More impressive was the trainee's footwork on the small ledge, forcing him to secure the rope from one side! The electric-type nodded and let out another weak cry once the rope was secure.

Nana's strength, along with Blitz's, were able to get them up the steep, smooth slope, though their strength was tested when the Luxray slipped once. As soon as he was over the curve, though, he stopped feigning his injury and nuzzled Matt gently before dashing toward the Ranger Headquarters' back door, where Crash was waiting.

Two down, one to go!

The only target Matt had left to find was Josh's Manectric. Ares continued to prowl the skies high above the Ranger training facility. Of course, he had saved the most challenging rescue for last; not only had the Manectric hidden itself well, having purposefully fallen into a partially-camouflaged sinkhole near the facility's rocky terrain, but he had instructed Saber to be particularly uncooperative. Furthermore, it looked like some clouds were rolling in...

{WC: 195}
{PC: 6}

Saber         Manectric      Hidden
Crash         Boltund        Rescued
Blitz         Luxray         Rescued
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 7:06:32 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Dagger rolled his eyes at all this. What was the point? Huffing to himself, he leaned against the tree. Yeah, he'd help with his eyes, but otherwise.. Nah! Until he saw the clouds rolling in. Brow raised, was this natural or was someone bringing in clouds? Growling, he climbed down the tree.

Sniffing the air, he caught the scent of the last pokemon. With a sigh, he soon let our a loud bark. It echoed over the area, to alert Matt. Which it did, Matt had just got settled after saving Blitz, turning his head at the bark. "Kazzy, go help Dagger." he ordered. Kazzy nodded, zooming off to find his Riolu friend!

He crashed right into him. Tail wagging happily at him, tongue out. Dagger made a face, but soon he was leading the pup to the new area. Looking around, he scratched his head. This would be difficult to go through... but maybe not for the rock type. He motioned him forward with a paw. Kazzy stuffed his noise to the ground, sniffing out where this last pokemon could possibly be!

While Kazzy and Dagger had their adventure, Matt was climbing back on top of Nana. Giving her some affectionate pets, then motioned her to follow where the other two canines went. "Let's go."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 8:13:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh slowly released pressure on Ares' reins, the Charizard shedding some altitude as the partly sunny sky started turning overcast. Kazzy had the right idea, but started searching on the wrong side of the hazard-filled, wasteland-like terrain on the far side of the training grounds. "They're getting warmer," Josh mused, Ares letting out a low growl before snorting a few embers that petered out in the moist air.

As Kazzy stepped near the sinkhole Josh's final Pokémon was hiding in, a surge of electricity shot out from beneath the ground, shredding the canopy that masked the short chasm's presence. A second surge, even, followed closely by a loud Manectric cry. The source of the racket was a large, familiar-looking saddled Manectric. He pounced toward Kazzy but intentionally fell short of actually stomping the smaller Pokémon.

Matt and all his Pokémon could feel a lot of static in the air; it was on the cusp of being painful, though ultimately uncomfortable but harmless. The electric-type, which Matt could have easily identified as Saber, was barking and howling up a storm, even getting an aggressive snarl in from time to time. He looked angry. He flexed backward, looking like he was about to pounce them all in rapid succession, one after another. "Matt...this is the real test," Josh again mused from the back of his Charizard. "If you truly have what it takes to be a Ranger, you will calm Saber down." Of course, this was fake rage; he was just feigning it as his trainer instructed. It probably didn't make it any less unnerving for his trainee, though...

{WC: 271}
{PC: 7}

Saber         Manectric      Discovered
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 0:53:37 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Kazzy was soon yelping in terror. Getting knocked back in a panic and sliding across the ground. The pup froze in fear as it stared at Saber thrashing about like that. What had happened to their friend? Whimpering he got up and backed away quickly, tail between his legs. Frozen in his spot and trembling. But soon Dagger was in front of him, snarling towards the other canine. He wasn't going to follow him near Kazzy.

Matt felt the air change, knowing that meant they must have found- then the display happened. His eyes went wide, gently going to spur Nana forward. Nana howled, sprinting off in full speed. Barreling straight through the training fields, jumping rocks, before arching to turn herself into a sliding stop, which Matt kicked off her back into a roll to then go running for the canine.

"Saber! Calm down! You're going to hurt yourself!"

Matt may have honestly thought something was wrong. "Come on boy, it's me, Matt? Remember?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Training in the Prairie
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 2:36:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Saber didn't stop bucking and kicking in Dagger's general direction, either. The Manectric barked an almost thunder-like cry, coming dreadfully close to Dagger without actually harming Matt's Pokémon. When Matt arrived on Nana's back, Josh's electric Pokémon snarled at them both too, surrounding himself with an electrical sphere that looked like a THUNDER WAVE. He seemed to be agitated by the command to calm down. Just like humans, Pokémon were not particularly keen on being told to "calm down"; if anything, it "escalated" the electric canine further, though it was getting painfully obvious that Saber was faking it.

Upon mentioning his first name, though, Saber cut the charade. He slowly walked toward the trainee and gently nuzzled him, possibly giving him an unpleasant but otherwise harmless shock. When Josh saw the two in close proximity, he stopped his stopwatch. "Looks like a pass to me. Come on, let's go, Ares." With that, the racer put his Charizard into a shallow dive, ready to scoop Blitz and Crash back into their Poké Balls. He swerved the flying dragon toward Matt and Nana, landing near them.

"You did very well," Josh complimented, applauding Matt. Even Ares smiled and gave a thumbs-up...or was it a claws-up? Either way, Matt should be proud of impressing a Charizard, as the species was known to be notoriously difficult to befriend. "Under a half-hour to find and rescue all three of them is efficient. I only have one recommendation," Josh sighed as he showed Matt his time to verify.

"The only mistake you made was in telling Saber to calm down," Josh advised, pausing to let the sentence sink in. "The last thing you want to do to an emotionally-charged Pokémon is tell it to calm down. You also can't rely on familiarity with a wild Pokémon like you can with mine," he continued as he dismounted and recalled Ares, climbing aboard his now-calm Manectric that would be much more suitable for going back to the main Ranger building alongside Matt.

Josh would continue the evaluation, assuming Matt would follow him. He may have had an incentive, too; his boss felt a few drops of rain fall! There wasn't rain in today's forecast; must have been a pop-up shower. "There's a ton of resources on RangerNet for how to handle both an escalated wild Pokémon and an escalated trained Pokémon. I would highly recommend reviewing them. Overall though, I would give you an A minus."

Josh took a deep breath as the two approached the Ranger Headquarters' rear entrance. "I'm going to recommend you for hire. I will be sending the report to Head Ranger Anderson later today, and when I do that, I'll email you some resources to read. Once he approves it, you'll no longer be a Trainee. You will be a Rookie Ranger in an official capacity. You'll be able to take on one-star Ranger Missions on your own, and two-star Ranger Missions with a partner."

Once they arrived at the back entrance, Josh swung the door open. "If you ever want to do a Ranger Mission with me, just call me or shoot me an email. Depending on what it is, I could help you out. The next time you see me on the job will be in a red uniform, as this was my last requirement to shed my own Rookie status. Wear your uniform and your badge with pride...Rookie Ranger Matt! Godspeed." With that, he let the heavy metal door close behind him.

{WC: 591}
{PC: 8}

Saber         Manectric      Rescued