4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in the shadows
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 10:47:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
this moment had been a long time coming. for the last year or so, she’d been scared of him. she had guessed he was in her head, lurking around in her darkest thoughts as easily as the shadows that they shared in their world.

over time, she’d gradually realized that she couldn’t be right, because she would’ve surely been dead several times over by now.

her heels clicked towards his office that day with a dignified and deliberate stride. the fear was no longer enough to keep her away. it never would be. she was too curious. suspicious. ambitious.

when she reached his door, she gave a respectful knock.

”mr. walsh? it’s lulu flint. we have an appointment?”
close tab

played by

NPC

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
in the shadows
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 0:48:52 GMT
NPC Avatar

IN THE SHADOWS

LULU X WALSH

"come in." walsh allows lulu's entry. his voice, gravely and deep, like the deepest and bitterest swirl of black coffee, can be heard clearly through the door.

when lulu enters, the rocket boss can be seen perusing a file from . an image of the meteoroid document he had found at mossdeep. his fingers remain steepled over the report, the paper, and as he peers at lulu with straight-edged eyes, he gestures to an empty seat in front of his desk.

"how can i help you today, lulu flint?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in the shadows
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 19:42:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
the gravel in his voice was abrasive against her confidence, but it didn’t tear. she entered smoothly, shutting the door behind her and finding the chair he’d gestured to. a black-slacked leg crossed, fingers lacing. she was collected, with eyes just like ’s and a steely air to match.

”a couple of things, i’m hoping. i don’t intend to be greedy with your time.” she paused. ”though i’ll admit, i regret that we haven’t had the chance to talk much. sharing darkrai’s power has only made me more curious about you over the last year and a half.”

lulu didn’t glance at the paper on his desk. maybe it took a touch of insanity to stare at someone like him so straightly, but she was a scientist, observing.

”i've wondered… the abilities you used in the tree were unlike my own. did they come to you over time? or perhaps powers are not distributed equally between multiple avatars of the same pokémon...”
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
in the shadows
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 22:34:59 GMT
NPC Avatar

IN THE SHADOWS

LULU X WALSH

"you can be as greedy as you'd like. the head scientist of team rocket deserves as much as time as she wants."

and like lulu, the man dare not let his gaze stray from her face. while he may not have the practiced eye of a scientist, he has the crafted stare of a man who has worn many, many faces and has studied even more.

"even i can't be too certain. however, i believe powers manifest differently depending on the vessel they inhabit." walsh gestures, the shadow underneath his raised forearm remaining solid and still. "it may depend on the person, but exactly what about the person? i can not be too sure."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in the shadows
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 5:08:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
walsh’s welcome was more than expected. lulu hardly needed any more encouragement to take full advantage of it, settling in.

’even i,’ he said. who was he—besides the boss of a criminal organization—to imply that he was more insightful about these things than even the top scientists he delegated such research to? had he meant it like that? was it a slip of the tongue?

”i wonder if perhaps darkrai could tell us.” there was a pause, before she decided to ask with a tilt of her head, ”does it speak to you?” things had been pretty quiet on her end. never more than a rare peep from the lord of nightmares.
close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
in the shadows
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 19:35:51 GMT
declan walsh Avatar

IN THE SHADOWS

LULU X WALSH

"it does not."

the rocket boss laments. however, the man is wracked with nightmares. follies from kantonian past. while may find it difficult to sleep, walsh finds it too easy.

he falls into memory after memory, reliving saffron's takeover among many others.

but he's a master of disguise.

"does it speak to you?" walsh asks pointedly. "i've noticed darkrai prefers your company."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in the shadows
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 4:18:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
it was surprising to her that darkrai didn’t speak to walsh. there had once been a fear that it was some kind of spy for the boss, that it had known the corrupting things in her head at the beginning—but those things had quickly changed, and her patron had stuck around.

the question was turned on her, and she felt a brief burning of anxiety. almost as immediately, however, the wheels in her head began to spin more. walsh seemed to not know as much about darkrai as she had previously assumed. maybe it did prefer her, now, and maybe, if he tried anything, it would come to her defense. she’d be willing to bet it was in the room, watching them at that very moment.

her confidence began to recover, foolish as it may have been.

”does it?” lulu asked. it could have been clear it was news to her by the rise of her thin brows. ”i don’t see it much, really. it likes to hide.” but it was there when she needed it, certainly more often than not.

”it’s spoken to me very little, but yes. usually, in dire situations—although i have tried to get it to talk more. seems that it wants to remain a mystery. very stubborn.”

”i have a theory about it, though.” she paused a beat, before asking, ”how familiar are you with the interdream zone?” had the rocket boss ever been there?

close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
in the shadows
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 6:48:52 GMT
declan walsh Avatar

IN THE SHADOWS

LULU X WALSH

"perhaps, darkrai is simply shy."

the delivery is dry. whether it is a joke or objective observation is yet to be seen. his voice hangs in the air like dust caught in the beams of creeping sunlight.

"the interdream zone? you mean what was exposed in mossdeep?" the boss says. "i haven't a clue. but if such a realm interfaces between our dimension and the dimension of dreams, could we not hypothesize about it?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in the shadows
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 7:13:14 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
shy?

somehow, it reminded her of something might say, delivery and all. similar as to the underboss, her eyes searched his with scientific scrutiny that would ultimately grasp at nothing. it resulted in the tiniest, briefest pinch in her brow.

”i suppose…”

the question about mossdeep was confirmed, ”precisely.” the interdream zone: a hallway between the door of their universe and the door to another dimension. or at least, in theory.

”the events at mossdeep have led me to believe that dreams may be more real than we often give them credit for, and that the interdream zone could perhaps function like ultra space—a way to travel to other worlds.”

it brought her to what she'd come to his office about. she paused for a moment, wondering how he might respond to this kind of talk this time around.

”if my concerns are correct, we may need to leave this one soon, one way or another.”
close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
in the shadows
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 8:32:37 GMT
declan walsh Avatar

IN THE SHADOWS

LULU X WALSH

Traveling to other worlds. Space. Ultra Space. Other universes and timelines. Such discoveries have whetted the appetite of Hoenn's Team Rocket—including those in Kanto.

"if the interdream zone is made of portions of dreams. of imagination." The Rocket Boss pauses. "it may be more dangerous than ultra space itself."

He stares at her.

"still interested?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in the shadows
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 3:09:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
”i’m not an easy scare.”

she stared back, sure she was seeing through his ruse. 'still interested?' of course he would try to manipulate, to steer her away from the escape from his own creation of doom and disaster. 

she had to find a way around the matter in front of her.

”the interdream zone opened to us at least in some capacity at the space center, and no one was actually harmed by the dreams themselves. while i agree the potential for danger is still there, i don’t think we have many other options. this world may be ending.”

but that’s your plan, isn’t it?

”so yes, i’m interested. are you?”
close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
in the shadows
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 17:39:33 GMT
declan walsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

when lulu speaks of her fearlessness, the smallest crack of a laugh crawls out from the firm shape of walsh's lips. he's amused, perhaps. amused or incredulous.[break][break]

"i am assuredly interested." the boss says. "but it is that ambition to seek what you'd like to see that is dangerous... if you trespass a realm of nebulous possibility."[break][break]

he lifts his cane from its perched slant on the desk and stands.[break][break]

"dreams can trick you. they can make you believe in a paradise that isn't there."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#8c7ab4; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in the shadows
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 7:46:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
was it a joke? he was laughing at her. laughing, in the face of her nerve to explore all possible solutions to their inevitable demise. she could imagine why, of course.

”i’m not looking for paradise.” maybe she was. did he know that, or was he guessing? ”i’m looking for a way out of an early grave.”

there was a pause. he stood. why was he standing? should she stand too?

no.

she continued, eyes not straying from him, ”but if i was looking for paradise, what makes you so sure it wouldn’t be there to find?” 

she felt her heart beating just a little faster.

”can you say with certainty that a good dream isn’t ever just a glimpse into a better world?”
close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
in the shadows
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2022 3:35:35 GMT
declan walsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i can not." walsh says.[break][break]

however, dubiety wears two crowns of equal karat. perhaps lulu's paradise does exist. like a bagon dreaming to fly, only to discover in time that it will bear wings.[break][break]

or it may not, and should it be veiled by desire and daydream, how much of it is simply a lightbulb on a mimikyu's clothed head?[break][break]

"but i do know that the taste of a daydream can be enough for the mind to disconnect." the boss says. "confirmation bias, i believe, is what it is called. do understand, i speak out of care rather than discouragement."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#8c7ab4; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in the shadows
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 8:58:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
declan walsh cared about her? the walsh who had zapped her and her brother with a laser just to see what might happen, and then walked away like it was nothing while they screamed in pain and projectile vomited their powers? the same walsh?

”i’m not discouraged.” by gods, this bagon would bear its wings in paradise.

as the seconds passed, she wondered, why was he just standing there? was she about to get knifed? did walsh have a cane sword? though she remained still, she tensed the slightest, ready to spring like a cat to the shadows the moment things got hairy.

”i plan to build a machine, also.” she continued, warily. ”something similar to the cloud, at least from my understanding of it, but programmed to run the code of dreams instead.”

once she figured out how to do such a thing, of course.