TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
M.A.G.M.A Sample Collection 9
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 14:58:08 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

When looking through her schedule for the day on the way to the lab, coffee in hand, Ceri is not at all surprised to see some familiar names among those with whom she’s supposed to have meetings relating to M.A.G.M.A. Particularly, that of the executive Bee stands out, and it makes the Rocket scientist wonder what reasons the man might have to be so interested in helping with the syndicate’s research.
[break][break]
No one does anything for truly altruistic reasons, especially in this organisation.
[break][break]
Is there something from the M.A.G.M.A shop that he really wants? Is he trying to suck up to one of the division’s leaders? Is he actually truly interested in their research?
[break][break]
Might as well ask him, no?
[break][break]
”Oh! Good timing! I just went to grab some coffee, but everything has been set up already.” Ceri tells the executive when meeting him outside the lab, greeting him with the brightest of smiles.
[break][break]
”Come on, no time to waste!”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡[break][break]
M.A.G.M.A Sector A - GATHER I

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 21:16:48 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

Barnaby reciprocated 's greeting with his own bright smile. "Got it. Luckily I know the drill by now." He stated in an amused tone, opening the laboratory door for her to walk through and then following close behind.

At his heels was another of the Alolan NINETALES line, this time a small VULPIX of the species. This individual differed in color, however, having more of a light champagne coat than the usual stark white. He seemed less aloof than Bijou, although that could be due to his young age. Still just a kit, Castor's eyes grew large and sparked with excitement as he took in his unfamiliar surroundings.

"I've brought another Hatchery Pokémon with me. This one knows a move called Light of Ruin."

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #1
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 22:01:38 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”You must really love the Ninetales like, huh?” Ceri teases with a chuckle, stepping into the lab and setting down her streaming mug. Fittingly, it’s purple with a depiction of a smiling Koffing, beneath it being written in bold letters: KOFFEE.
[break][break]
She takes off her cardigan for the sake of replacing it with her lab coat, and once this is done, her gaze fixes on the small Alolan Vulpix. Its colouration is fascinating.
[break][break]
”Lovely coat, really different from the usual one.” Even if it still apparently makes her nose itch. Pokémon that can use Light of Ruin apparently aren’t always hypoallergenic, noted.
[break][break]
”Let's weigh him to start off with and then I’ll collect samples. Anything you’d like to tell me about this little fella? You know how it goes.” She smiles, tentatively offering the Vulpix a hand in order to see if it’ll let her pick it up.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 22:33:47 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

"I'm partial to them, yes." Barnaby freely admitted, although it was no secret.

His oldest companions from childhood were NINETALES. Achievements in his life had been celebrated with gifts of the elegant foxes. Bijou, in fact, had been given to him on the day he'd graduated from his Master's program. Barnaby hardly remembered the man who'd done so, but the shiny NINETALES (a VULPIX at the time) had become undeniably dear to him.

"Castor is certainly unique." He tousled the young fox's tuft of curly hair as he said so. "Could being born knowing Light of Ruin have influenced his unusual coloring in some way?"

Barnaby wasn't a geneticist by any means, so his inference was likely incorrect, but he couldn't think of what else might have caused such a departure from the norm.

"Besides that, he seems like a normal little one. Very curious, very energetic." Which Castor was proving right this moment. As Barnaby lifted him onto the scale, the tiny fox was all playful mews and squirming limbs. He barely stayed still long enough for his weight to be recorded.

"Coming from the Hatchery, though... he may be infected with Pokérus."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 22:57:31 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Having left her mug in the farthest, least used corner of the lab, Ceri begins the task of collecting samples in a simple manner: offering a treat to the Vulpix once its weight is properly accounted for by the scale.
[break][break]
10.2 lbs.
[break][break]
”He’s pretty small, but that’s to be expected given how young he is. I’d still keep a close eye on his weight, though.” She enters the information into her tablet in turn, setting it down and merely glancing at Bee before turning her attention back towards the Vulpix.
[break][break]
He’s right: it probably is infected with Pokérus, but just to be certain, a quick test is necessary.
[break][break]
”Eh… the colouration has more to do with genetics than the move, but I guess they go hand-in-hand. Pokémon that know Light of Ruin are the offspring of Illumina pokémon and those infected with Pokérus-Y, yeah? The former often alters colouration, so it’s to be expected that their offspring also won’t look like your usual Vulpix, even if the differences are mild.”
[break][break]
She smiles, caught up in her excitement and caring little for if he’s following along with her explanation or not.
[break][break]
While waiting for the Pokérus test, Ceri takes a cotton swab to grab a quick sample from within the mouth of the little Vulpix.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 23:54:33 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

A quick way to Castor's heart (and probable obedience) was through his stomach. He eagerly took the offered treats with a somewhat gentle mouth, his many tails wagging in delight. Although the fox's small size and weight didn't reflect this, he was a bit of a glutton.

"Of course, Doc." Barnaby agreed, although he wasn't too worried. In time he knew his VULPIX would grow into an exceptional specimen of its species. And if not, it was something he'd address with veterinary professionals.

As explained the likely nature of Castor's champagne coat, Barnaby nodded along, his chin resting between his thumb and index finger. "That makes sense."

Meanwhile, Castor was happily munching away - until a fiendish cotton swam hovered too close to his snout! He didn't lash out or bite, though; rather, he staunchly refused to open his mouth for the waiting researcher. With a sigh, Barnaby's large hands were used to pry his fox's jaws apart and allow Ceri to gather her sample.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 0:26:12 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Ceri is thankful for Bee’s assistance, because if the Vulpix is going to be problematic for something as simple as this, the samples to come sure won’t be easy for it to deal with. Not like that’s her problem, of course, but she still tries to be as careful as possible for the sake of making all of this much easier for herself.
[break][break]
Blood samples come next.
[break][break]
”So, Bee, how have you been? How’s life? Anything interesting going on?” Chatty as ever, the bubbly brunette gladly makes small talk while working, samples being collected and treats being given.
[break][break]
She takes them, she stores them, she checks her tablet, and then the test she had taken earlier.
[break][break]
”Oh yep! Definitely Pokérus-positive! Though, it’s very likely that he inherited it from the parent that’s also infected. No biggie.”
[break][break]
Yet, she still enters the information into the chart, refusing to leave anything out.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 0:51:23 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

How's life?

A simple question with weighted expectations. Blunt honesty wasn't the way to go; Barnaby didn't know Ceri that intimately. In fact, very few were offered the entire truth from him at any given moment. So, the executive instead gave a socially-acceptable blanket statement, smiling softly as he did so.

"I'm managing, given the state of the world." She would know what he meant. Only hermits and shut-ins were unaware of Hoenn's calamity at this point.

Barnaby couldn't help but think of . How he'd changed after the events of the last few months. It weighed on his heart.

And him? He still felt glimpses of that hollow apathy that had taken hold within Maldacena's digital realm. It crept in during moments of quiet: at night when sleep evaded him, when he tried to work in the silence of his office.

"I enjoy feeling useful here, at least. I'm no scientist, but it's nice to think I'm contributing to the research in some way." He replied, holding Castor close as she took blood from his tiny leg.

"What about you, Ceri? Staying busy, I'm sure." Weren't they all? ROCKET demanded it.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 1:15:01 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Her region is in shambles and the place she thinks of as her home is about to be destroyed. That’s how life is for Ceri. Fuck the dome, fuck the meteor, and fuck the Darkest Day in particular. She had only involved herself with all of those things as far as Rocket needed of her, and yet they had still messed her life up all the same.
[break][break]
But hey, it’s fine.
[break][break]
It’s not like Ceri would ever say those things to anyone. Not those she considers friends like and , and much less someone she barely knows like over here. As per usual, she just smiles as if nothing, continuing with her work while listening to him.
[break][break]
”I’m alright, ya. Super busy. Got some papers to write for school and all these MAGMA samples to study and ugh don’t get me started on my other research projects, they take up a lot of time.” That’s just how her life is, isn’t it? Still, she laughs.
[break][break]
”Okay! Looks like we’re done here. Thanks for your help, little one.” With one last treat for the Vulpix, she turns her attention back to finishing filling up its chart. All while finally heading over to get her coffee. ”Take care, Bee. See you next time!”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 1:34:18 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

"I won't take up anymore of your time, then." Their business was concluded and Barnaby didn't want to interrupt the important reunion with her coffee.

Castor, meanwhile, was feeling a little sore from his withdrawal site. His kept his little paw lifted just off the ground, refusing to put much weight on it. A drama queen, truly. Nevertheless, Barnaby returned him to his Premier Ball and started toward the door.

"A pleasure as always, Ceri. Take care."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 1:36:38 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A: GATHER I

SPECIES: 034 Vulpix ロコン [break](Alola Region Variant - #330 ADex)
[break]
[break]
[break]
WEIGHT: 10.2lbs
[break]
HEIGHT: 1'1"
[break]
OWNER: Bee ()
[break][break][break]
APPEARANCE: Alolan variant. Much smaller than average. Fur displays a unique champagne colouration.
[break]
TEMPERAMENT: Playful. Energetic. Responds well to positive reinforcement, especially treats.
[break][break]
POKÉRUS-Y: Positive
[break]
SHADOW GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
ILLUMINA GENES: 2nd Generation (Homozygous - Dominant)
[break]
SPECIAL MOVES: Light of Ruin
[break][break]
TESTS PERFORMED:[break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Buccal Smear
  • Whole Blood
  • Plasma
  • Tissue
  • Infinity Energy Readings
  • Infinity Energy Readings from Light of Ruin

[break]
ADDITIONAL NOTES:[break]
POKÉRUS-Y likely inherited from infected parent. POKÉRUS-Y has been confirmed as CONGENITAL with the exception of those Pokémon that came into contact with ENAMORUS. Transmission through DIRECT CONTACT should be tested.

[break]
2022-08-27[break]RESULTS PENDING

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 4:40:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: