Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 15:34:51 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

If there were two things being in media taught her it was,
[BREAK][BREAK]
(1) never leave the house without at LEAST light make up.[BREAK]
(2) Public opinion means everything.[BREAK]
And so, when she sent out her little ominous message to the league's head scientist, it wasn't just to meet up and chat over cupcakes and lattes (although, that would be a lot of fun), but to mingle with the art of damage control.
[BREAK][BREAK]
Situated alongside a small dock, the councilwoman leaned against one of it's pillars. Her arms were crossed across her chest and her eyes lazily swept the surrounding area every few seconds, flicking to her immediate right after every other sweep, just to catch a glimpse of her milotic enjoying the cool water.
[Break][break]
"Don't get too comfortable, Milly, we're here to work."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 16:29:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the text comes unexpectedly, existing in a realm of anxiety.

she's not in good standing with the league and the newest councilwoman is still an enigma. even after a night of painting and good wine, she can't shake a nervous concept: what if she doesn't like me too?

the scientist shows with a fidget to her body. it's subtle, bleeding through slightly trembling hands and an incessant urge to move.

she scans the beach and manages to hone in on penelope's location with surprisingly quick accuracy. the polite smile that rises takes a moment, as if she doesn't quite know what to do with her face yet.

and when she approaches, she offers a small wave.

"hey, i'm not too late, right?"

in fact, she almost thinks she's a little too early.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 1:24:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Like magic, one second there was nothing, the next, the region's head scientist appears walking down the dirt path. "Nah, you're just on time." Pushing off from the pillar, the woman strode over, lips curled into a warm smile.
[break][break]
While this wasn't their first time meeting, their initial meeting was under completely different pretenses and titles. It was actually kind of funny how much things have changed since that simple article of women empowerment. "Frankly, I'm just glad I was able to tear you away from the lab for the day."
[break][break]
From there, she took a step back, giving vision to the small boat tied up by the dock. It had already been prepared for their little date, geared up with extra bathing suits, drinks and snacks. "We should have everything we need." All that was missing was the Corsola  and camera crew.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 1:39:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flashes a smile. it's small but it's an effort all the same.

"i can't stay in there forever," she murmurs.

while sometimes she'd like to... the world keeps turning and with it, so does illeana reyes.

"thank you for, um, inviting me."

a faint undertone exists, laced in between syllables of words: thank you for not writing me off.

her eyes follow the councilwoman's line of sight to the boat. it's stocked with a plethora of things for the day. snacks, drinks, even extra bathing suits. she can't stop the way her head leans slightly into confusion, eyes narrowing slightly.

she's analyzing, she realizes after a moment... waiting for the other shoe to drop, perhaps.

"what's on the agenda for today?"

penelope's text didn't give her many clues.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 4:27:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Thank you for inviting me my ass.
[break][break]
Of course she would! They were sisters now; whether they liked it or not, they were both head hanchos in a male dominated world. Who else do they have other than each other?
[break][break]
"Don't worry about it," she waved off the gesture with a casual shrug. "Us ladies have to stick together."
[break][break]
The familiarity of her words didn't die off as she urged the scientist to follow her onto the boat.
[break][break]
"We're gonna be helping some Corsola move along through the currents."
[break][break]
Because nothing said 'bonding' quite like ranger work.
[break][break]
When they got to the boat, it took a second for her to clamper onto the shaky contraption, both with her unsteady arm and wobbly legs, but when she did, she'd offer Illeana assistance to help her get on.
[break][break]
"It shouldn't be too far from here-- just a mile or two from shore."
[break][break]
The ship itself was rather nice. Large enough to have an interior steered by the captain itself, the councilwoman was immediate with her approach to the plush cushioned trimming the outline of it's deck. Laying back into it's leather cushion, the woman slug her arms over the armrest before giving Illeana a lazy grin.
[break][break]
"I hope you don't mind."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 3:14:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]despite the league being commanded by a powerful woman, the male to female ratio is still a wide gap. in some way, she appreciates the sentiment of ladies sticking together...

it feels like less of a target on the back, perhaps. or, simply, an understanding that women sticking together in a male dominated world is a relieving concept.

"okay, that sounds good."

she flashes a smile. the currents have gotten worse as anomaly after anomaly continues to berate the region. it's a wonder, somehow, that the natural behavior of the pokemon has yet to become completely disrupted.

she expects with the approaching meteor and the ramping up of distortion appearances, this is quick to change...

after penelope climbs her way onto the boat, illeana follows suit. she grips the councilwoman's hand as she does, legs slightly wobbly with the sea's turmoil. once they're both on board, she joins penelope in the approach to the comfy seats along the deck.

"no, no... not at all."

her smile widens a little when she takes a seat beside penelope. and after a moment of simply watching the waves, her head turns to look at penny. she analyzes for a moment, as if looking for something.

whatever it is, she finds nothing, not even a trace.

"how are you enjoying the council? they've been treating you well, i hope?"

if there's one thing she knows about the current council members, they know how to play nice at least...

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 5:21:56 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

With the two now seated, the captain of the small ship was given the go-ahead to take them to their one and only stop.
[break][break]
"It's certainly...different," The woman sighed. It wasn't as if wasn't enjoying her time, but compared to before, the easier days were far more outnumbered than ever before. From the countless meetings to the never-ending supply of d-day related documentation, it was hard to keep one's own mental health from wavering off. But that's just the price of change. "I'm still just adjusting, but everyone's been pretty accommodating so far." Her lips slipped into a practiced smile. "I'm sure I'll get into the swing of things soon."
[break][break]
Wind was now began to whip at them, throwing both their hair back as the ship picked up speed. The front of the bow would occasionally skid across on top of the water, splashing back every so often. "How about you? How are you holding up?" Whether she was referring to AQUA, the current state of the region, or the general stress of her day-to-day work was up to the scientist.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 0:13:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile tightens in one of sympathetic understanding.

the endless politics and headaches of the league are, truly, one of a kind. she's never been certain that anyone will ever adjust to the never-ending plate of things they must deal with. well... unless you're a robot like .

"you will, i'm certain of it."

if anyone can adjust quickly to the lion's den that is the council, it would be penelope livy.

she tenses slightly at the question. the details of the latest aqua assembly have, no doubt, crossed the councilwoman's desk by now. and while she's grown used to the concept of being asked how she's faring since returning, it never quite loses the sharp edge against her wounds.

"as well as to be expected, i suppose?"

a light laugh escapes as if she wants to dispel some invisible discomfort. in the end, it's only hers that could be palpable.

"i've mostly just been trying to stay busy lately, help where i can and whatnot."

it's better than chasing a fantasy, isn't it?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 15:04:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The information had already reached Penelope's desk. And, as with most classified documents, she took her time in reading every single word the folder contained, especially in regard to 's little.. situation. It was why they were here, after all. Not that the head scientist knew that.
[break][break]
As the boat came to a slow stop, Penelope glanced back toward the captain, who immediately looked back, smiling, and gave a thumbs up. Apparently, they were good to go.
[break][break]
"There are some bathing suits inside, if you're not wearing one already."
[break][break]
Her texts suggested she came with one beneath her clothing, but it was only natural to sometimes forget these things. It wasn't every day you're asked to go dipping into a lake with a councilwoman, after all.
[break][break]
If she went inside, Penelope would've waited, if not, she'd already begin stripping off her shirt and pants, revealing a modest one piece beneath.
[break][break]
"We'll just be helping some corsola cross. Apparently they've been getting attacking a lot recently -- huntails and the like."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 3:22:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the boat eases to a stop and for a moment, illeana looks a little lost.

penelope begins to take the lead, directing a way she has come to understand is a knack for commanding a room. it's never been a question in her mind that the woman isn't more than cut out for her role.

she flashes a small smile. and then, her shirt is slowly shed to reveal a red bikini top. her shorts follow before she's ready for the water.

"okay, sounds simple enough."

helping corsola, protecting against huntails, not too bad...

"are they migrating?"

is it that time of the year already?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 5:50:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Perfect.
[break][break]

Illeana was prepared.
[break][break]

With the two now stripped down to their bathing ware, all there was left was to dip into the water and fulfill their duties.
[break][break]

"Yeah, it's that time of year, apparently."
[break][break]

Or, at least, that's what the told her when she mentioned the idea earlier that day. And who wouldn't trust The League's head scientist?
[break][break]

Before slipping into the water, the councilwoman made it a point to hand the scientist nd herself a plump lifejacket to wrap around their chest -- to keep them floating with ease. Once that was settled, she'd hop in.
[break][break]

"Ooo it's cold."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 5:47:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums soft understanding.

"mmm time flies, it seems."

and really, it does. sometimes... she hates it.

she clicks the lifevest into place on her torso and follows behind the councilwoman. the water is cold, almost a refreshing shock against hoenn's heat.

another tell that the year is flying by, she supposes. summer is practically over, huh?

for a moment, she says nothing and allows her head to turn. first to the left and then the right. she's looking for something, it would seem. when she doesn't find the watery version of herself, her body visibly relaxes and her eyes refocus on penelope.

"lead the way."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 2:44:30 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Together, the two league women worked together to allow the corsola safe passage across the water, working together with the rhyme of the waters.
[break][break]

To the knowledge of only the councilwoman, media reporters were set along the shoreline throughout their small endeavor. They had been given an anonymous tip the night before hinting miss would be visiting the ocean side, and as any media company would, they looked to seize the opportunity.
[break][break]

Playing right into the Councilwoman's hand.
[break][break]

By the time they were done, Penelope looked to the scientist, then the boat.
[break][break]

"Ready to leave?"
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 3:11:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]they make quick work of the protection task. the corsola are safe and sound in their new location, thankfully.

and while they're distracted, the scientist never once lets her mind drift to the shore, the cameras, or sea hoenn.

it's nice, surprisingly, to have a blank mind for once... free of the chains it's been held down by.

she meets penelope's eyes when they're done and allows a tired, warm smile to curl into her cheeks.

"yeah, i think we're good here."

she treads water for a moment longer, waiting for penny to lead the way.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
DAMAGE CONTROL (m)
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 5:00:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights