TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 5:09:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BUDEW APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEAF GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WORRY SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PINECO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERCOAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SELF DESTRUCT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 16:15:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Sometimes, experience can be the best teacher. Well, when it comes to flying, then it’s definitely one you shouldn’t dismiss,” he continued once the other had caught up to him.

At the mention of another Bagon out there, somewhere, Gabriel made this little roaring noise of approval before whipping his tail in the younger man’s direction.

“The Bagon line has a tendency to throw themselves off high places… like mine did,” he recounted. The Salamence then made a face, but the draconid was embarrassed to all hell—because it was fucking true!

“They just. Want to fly. So. If your Bagon starts doing that, then it’s a sign to get cracking and train ‘em up as best as you can, because the more frequent they fling themselves off from high places, the more impatient they become.”

While he was no expert with raising draconids (that honor would always be with miss ), he then placed a hand on his Salamence’s neck as the draconid apprached where he was riding on the Braviary’s back.

“Hm, Gabe, what’cha think? You wanna let someone else asides from take a ride on your back?” he asked the Salamence.

For a few moments there was silence, and another whipping of his tail.

“As long as you’re not the Frog then he’s fine with it,” he ended with a chuckle.

Far below on the ground, a Budew scurried away. The Grass-type was safe from them… for now.

skipping Budew

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 17:06:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Though he hadn't explicitly stated it, Josh was also a dragon lover. After all, the four fastest Pokemon types were electric, flying, fire, and dragon. If Alex had been paying attention to his Gym ad running throughout Hoenn, he would have known those were the types Josh favored. "It's what mine was trying to do when I caught him in Hoenn's Safari Zone last month," Josh answered as the two began descending from their lesson. "I'm sure he'll be a wonderful addition to the Gym roster. After all, gotta have a wide variety to test challengers with!"

Josh's smile grew to a grin when Gabe approved of Josh mounting up. "Awesome, thank you! I'm just not comfortable with a midair switch yet. But that's something super advanced, I imagine." Provided Alex agreed to it, he would land and recall his Braviary before switching to the blue-bodied, red-winged dragon. He could feel the dragon's Aura and energy coursing through him at an intensity far greater than with that of his own dragon-type, Resheph. As fun as it was for him to be atop swift running Pokemon such as his Jolteon, there truly was nothing like being at the reins of a dragon.

He instinctively reached for Gabe's nonexistent reins, so used to holding them when atop his own Pokemon that it took him a moment to realize they weren't there! "Right," the Mauville Leader sighed. It felt a little strange, but it wasn't anything he couldn't handle; he had learned backup ways to control Pokemon in the event that the reins came loose or were otherwise broken. He had to deal with it once before. "Alright Alex, I'm ready!" Josh gave a smile and a thumbs up before putting both hands on the dragon-type, hunched over as was standard with the broad-barreled species. "Gabe, show me what I get to look forward to with my own Salamence!"

{PC: 12}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
Bladestorm    Skarmory       Good
Pazuzu        Pidgeot        Fair
Goose         Unfezant       Critical
Slider        Braviary       Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 4:23:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“And speaking of which… doing an aerial switch to another mount is something we can cover in the next lesson. Provided you’re game for more lessons in the future?” he inquired hopefully, watching as little Josh switched from the normal-plumed Braviary to his own Salamence.

With Alex, he was very much used to the other’s ‘aura’ hanging around him, but with someone else, he wondered how this was going to work.

“Another thing—there’s a reason why I prefer going all natural when I ride,” he added with a chuckle as without warning, the Salamence shot forward, gaining altitude and climbing until he suddenly did a loop-de-loop before careening straight into a barrel roll.

(He hoped that little Josh didn’t get airsick afterward.)

“Riding bareback takes some getting used to!” he hollered from his current position, watching as the Salamence literally threw the younger Josh through his paces.

As that was just a mere taste of what he was going to be getting when his own Bagon evolved!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 4:52:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Alex was right. An aerial transfer was going to be a very important trick to learn if he was going to be spending a lot of time in the warzone that was the conflict between the League and Team Rocket. It was a conflict his Gym Leader duties were dragging him into far more than he preferred. "Absolutely! I'm down to learn some more advanced stuff later. Perhaps after I challenge your Gym again! You didn't forget I wanted to challenge all three of your courses, did you?" he retorted with a sly smile on his face.

Alex was in the middle of explaining to Josh why he preferred being bareback when Gabriel rocketed skyward at a very high angle of attack, Josh grunting from the maddening for behind the aerial run. This was fast. Really fast. Much faster than with Slider. He had practiced similar techniques just before with Alex, but not anywhere close to this fast. And it was the speed that was the issue. He had always told his challengers that with great speed came great responsibility. This was not great responsibility. For an airman of his caliber, this was reckless abandon.

At the top of his loop, Gabriel performed a sharp barrel roll while inverted. The sudden maneuver, combined with Josh not being used to riding all natural, as Alex put it, wrenched him from the blue dragon's back. Not having much time to react due to their relatively low altitude, Josh reached for his Dragonair's Poké Ball and immediately tossed it straight down.

Resheph, immediately seeing Josh in danger, dove down to catch him. Though she was able to get underneath him, the force with which he fell was too much for the Dragonair to immediately overcome. The two crashed into the ground, though Josh's fall was almost completely broken. Resheph at least looked cheerful, though it was to be determined how much she had been hurt during the abrupt catch. "Resheph, thank you." The Dragonair let out another coo. "Lesson learned: riding bareback is a whole different beast!" It might not be the worst idea to learn, either, depending on how willing the Johto Beast was to wear a saddle and bridle. He suspected the odds of that were not very good.

{WC: 378}
{PC: 13}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Resheph       Dragonair      Fair
Ares          Charizard      Good
Bladestorm    Skarmory       Good
Pazuzu        Pidgeot        Fair
Goose         Unfezant       Critical
Slider        Braviary       Good

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 5:44:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]THE BUDEW FLEES!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEAF GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WORRY SEED