Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
M.A.G.M.A RESEARCH: SHADOWS
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 1:55:04 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Ceri~" Barnaby called out, his head peeking through the threshold of 's Blackstone Laboratory.

"I have something special for you today."

She'd likely already have some idea what it was, based on their location. No longer were they holed up on the ROCKET submarine's close-quarters lab. For today's bout of research they'd moved to dry land where a larger, more well-equipped space had been constructed under the supervision of one of the organization's Underbosses.

Barnaby entered with an air of confidence that he rightly shouldn't have, considering he was no scientist, but by this point he was starting to feel comfortable around the hum of a working laboratory.

"I'll give you three tries to guess what it is." He stated, a teasing smile on his face.

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #2
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 7:41:02 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Ceri Glynn is no fool and the change of location for today’s appointment with piques her interest. She’s more than familiar with ’s Blackstone Laboratories by now, and because she is, she also knows exactly what kind of pokémon the underboss had built them to study.
[break][break]
The kind that is too dangerous to keep at the submarine for more than short periods of time.
[break][break]
”Legendary, Ultra Beast, or Shadow!” There it is, her three guesses, spoken to Bee with the brightest and most confident of smiles. She’s wearing comfortable clothing beneath her lab coat today (by Ceri’s standards, that is), and her hair is tied into a ponytail. In her hands, there’s the same digital tablet that the executive is probably all too familiar with by now.
[break][break]
”So? Am I right?” She winks at him, but within, curiosity may just be slowly killing her.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡[break][break]
M.A.G.M.A Sector A - RESEARCH

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 20:02:25 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"..."

Of course the practical genius college student would be able to get it right off the bat.

"I suppose that was a little too easy, hm?" Barnaby shrugged his shoulders and waved his hands out in defeat, smiling good-humoredly all the while.

"It's a true Shadow, much like Underboss Merlino's Pokémon." He finally revealed, walking and talking with her as they moved closer to one of the observation rooms. It was a space reinforced for study of hyper-dangerous Pokémon... something that was definitely needed in this situation.

"I captured it here," By here he meant Sootopolis City. "When Necrozma took control of all the Shadow Pokémon."

Barnaby left out the part where the STEELIX nearly killed him, his Pokémon, and those around him. Fighting off the giant crystalline serpent had been one of the most grueling battles of his life.

"Let me show you. Careful, though," He warned, the humor in his voice having faded away. "It's still rather volatile."

With that, Barnaby lofted a Moon Ball into the observation room. What appeared was neither metallic nor silver, as one would expect of a STEELIX, but rather an intimidating monster composed of dark crystals jutting out from the core of its body. It was larger and more sinister-looking than a typical specimen of the species. When it's bulbous head craned around the room, taking stock of its surroundings, those bloody eyes spoke of an unsettling intelligence.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 21:10:12 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Her eyes shine with utter fascination. Like those of a child about to open her presents during Christmas morning. This time it’s a big one. She can feel it. And, sure enough, she’s more than right about that.
[break][break]
”Oh!”
[break][break]
The Steelix is much bigger than any Steelix she’s ever seen, and instead of the grey or bluish hues of steel and iron, it’s body is of a dark colour. Sharp crystals jut out wherever she looks, and the mere stare the pokémon gives her is almost enough to make her step back. Almost. Is it that she’s reckless or does her scientific curiosity triumph over her fear?
[break][break]
Cool.
[break][break]
Oh, it is cool. So fucking cool.
[break][break]
”You can clearly see Necrozma’s influence in its appearance, nice. I wonder if it’s the same for its moves? You know how Shadow Pokémon are different from those that just have the genes from one, right?”
[break][break]
This time Ceri does step back, but for the sake of grabbing the proper equipment to get some footage and measurements. While doing so, an explanation is given without even waiting for Bee to reply:
[break][break]
”A pokémon who has inherited Shadow genes, like your Eevee from before, can use one of the moves we classify as ‘Shadow Moves’, but a true Shadow can be completely different from what you’d expect from their species and have pretty interesting abilities.”
[break][break]
Ceri wonders then how much Barnaby actually knows about this Steelix, but she busies herself with filling out a chart, waiting for him to share what he has learned about this Shadow Pokémon of his.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 21:38:40 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Cool wasn't quite the descriptor he'd apply to the Pokemon skulking around before them. Already, it was prowling the edges of its confinement, looking for points of weakness. At the corner closest to where they observed it, the STEELIX threw its body full-force into the wall. The shear strength of the movement rattled the thick glass in front of them.

Grotesque, perhaps, was a better word. Unnerving, even. Cunning. Defiant.

But most of all, powerful. That couldn't be denied, even though Barnaby wasn't aware of the full scope of its abilities just yet.

"I'm not very familiar with the difference between true Shadows and those that simply carry the genes, no." Barnaby's grey-toned EEVEE popped into his mind, along with her horrendously screechy SHADOW DOWN.

"This one is unlike any Pokémon I've owned before. Even with it being captured, it is still apt to disobey. Granted, we haven't been together long." Just shy of three months. It tolerated Barnaby's presence at this point, even listened to commands now and again, but it wasn't reliable.

"Perhaps I should ask for training advice." He added, only half-serious.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 22:25:27 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Yup! That makes total sense! True Shadow Pokémon are notoriously aggressive. Underboss is the best I know at dealing with them, both because of his bond with Lugia and his experience, so you should totally talk to him about it! I bet he would give you a few tips and what not… Probably want to study it too. I’ll forward him my data.”
[break][break]
She says it all terribly casually, because in Ceri’s own opinion, the underboss is pretty damn nice. Granted, this is a thought that exists in her mind mostly due to their shared interests, along with the fact that she has an immense amount of respect for the underboss. In her opinion, he’s one of the coolest people in Team Rocket.
[break][break]
”Okay! So…” Ceri sets the tablet down then, reaching into one of the pockets of her lab coat in order to retrieve a pink pokéball. From it, she releases a Salazzle that stands proudly, flicking her forked tongue at the executive.
[break][break]
”The most common difference found between Shadow Pokémon and normal specimens of their species is changes in their own typing or that of their moves. I’ll analyse samples to be certain, but a little practical test hurts nobody, no? Steelix are normally weak to fire. Pyr, can you use a FLAMETHROWER in there? Be careful, though. Don’t let it catch you!”
[break][break]
Is that a wise move? According to Ceri: Of course! These facilities are built for this, after all!
[break][break]
Her Salazzle watches the Steelix, and if there’s any hesitation, she does not act upon it. Once stepping into the room, it’s from a distance that swirling flames are shot towards the gargantuan crystal creature.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 23:04:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Ceri, wait— you're using your Pokémon?" Was this facility not equipped with mechanisms better suited to test the Shadow Pokémon's abilities? Was there no better option?

Apparently not, as the Toxic Lizard quickly slipped through the observation room door at her trainer's request. It entered without any hesitation, the inside of it's mouth already blooming with flame.

Admittedly, the STEELIX completely dwarfed the researcher's SALAZZLE - the size difference was almost comical. Or it would be, if Barnaby wasn't so worried about his Pokémon killing Ceri's.

The crystalline serpent barely reacted when faced with another living creature within such tight quarters. Again, those unsettling intelligent eyes simply shifted onto the SALAZZLE. Watching. Waiting. It's tail wavered slightly, but that was it.

Then, the FLAMETHROWER came barreling out, spanning the distance between them. As if anticipating this, the STEELIX's tail slammed into the ground, prompting it's STONE EDGE attack. Except it wasn't a stone that jutted out from the floor, but a huge crystal... one that emanated a dark energy. It was erected just in time to block the SALAZZLE's fiery assault.

"Did you see that?" Barnaby asked, engrossed by what he was witnessing.

He spoke too soon, however, as the STEELIX wasn't finished. Besides the crystal used as a shield, more erupted from the ground around Ceri's SALAZZLE, threatening to skewer the lizard.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 23:50:16 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

That was an STONE EDGE, right?
[break][break]
Ceri’s eyes narrow when watching the Steelix attack, barely paying attention to the fact that her Salazzle is quick to skitter among the sharp crystals and out of harm’s way. She’s more preoccupied with the Shadow Pokémon, watching its movements, actions, and reactions.
[break][break]
Subject’s Rock Type attacks appear to display Dark Type qualities instead. Formations that would usually be made out of solid stone appear to be composed of the same type of crystal that protrudes the from subject’s body. Crystal composition suspected to match that of Necrozma’s DARK CRYSTALS. Sample required for further analysis. The words she writes down are calmly narrated, as if speaking to herself more than explaining it all to Bee. In truth, Ceri had almost completely forgotten he’s here next to her. She’s too preoccupied with this. Too fascinated.
[break][break]
That fascination only increases when the huge Steelix lets out a low cry, pain clear in its reaction despite the fact that the Salazzle had not yet retaliated.
[break][break]
Ceri frowns, watching the pokémon before nodding to herself and turning her attention back to her tablet.
[break][break]
Subject appears to suffer recoil damage when utilising its crystals to attack. It is unlikely that its own typing has changed. Once then does she look at the Salazzle once more. ”Pyr! Can you grab a shard for me and come back?”
[break][break]
There will likely be more than a few left in the testing room, but it’s better to be sure. Once the sample has been collected and her pokémon is returned, Ceri turns to be, as if finally remembering his presence.
[break][break]
”I’m going to study the crystals and see what more I can find. It’ll probably tell me a few things about your Steelix too, so I’ll let you know, yeah? I'd say we should keep testing, but all that recoil will probably upset it even more! Any questions or anything? ”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 0:06:44 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby nodded along with Ceri's explanation. It made sense. He remembered NECROZMA's dark influence, of course. How it's crystals had engulfed not only Pokémon on the battlefield, but as well.

The thought caused a chill to run down Barnaby's spine. They were dealing with a creature that could not be totally trusted. This power, after all, was caused by NECROZMA's influence. Who knew when it would turn on him, as he'd seen so many Shadow Pokémon do on the Darkest Day?

Still. Perhaps they could harness it's power in some way, use the crystals to ROCKET's advantage. Time would tell. All thanks to 's efforts.

"I know you're busy, but I appreciate you keeping me in the loop. If you ever need me to bring it back in, just let me know." His eyes flicked to the glass beside them, outside of which he could see his STEELIX yet again slithering around the perimeter of the room. "I do wonder why using it's ability seems to cause it pain? It flinched when it used the crystals earlier."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 0:34:18 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

To be entirely honest, Ceri really appreciates Bee, much more than what she’d probably ever say to him. Of all Team Rocket members, he’s been one of the ones who has been most helpful to her and most willing to collaborate, and a metal note is made to put in a good word for him with the higher ups she works with.
[break][break]
Ceri can actually be pretty helpful when she likes people.
[break][break]
Scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.
[break][break]
”Hey, it’s no biggie! In the end, it’s info I’ll collect no matter what, and if it helps you with training your Steelix and doing a better job when you go out there, that’s good for Team Rocket itself, no? Go kick some ass, and make sure this thing doesn’t eat you for dinner in the process.” She lightly punches his arm, teasing, but when the question comes, her head tilts. For a second, Ceri looks at the Steelix.
[break][break]
”Oh… It’s not obvious? My theory is that since the crystals were originally foreign to its body, moving them and producing more of them can be a painful experience. The crystals are Dark Type but not the pokémon itself, yeah? It can probably be damaged by them.”
[break][break]
Or something along those lines.
[break][break]
”I’ll call you in for further testing later so we can figure out the actual cause! Thanks for the help, Bee!” Ceri winks once more, and with that said, her attention turns back to her tablet, as if he weren’t here anymore.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 0:36:32 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A SUBJECT S4

SPECIES: 208 Steelix ハガネール
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]
WEIGHT: 1,225lbs
[break][break]
HEIGHT: 40'0"
[break][break]
OWNER: Bee ()
[break][break][break]
APPEARANCE: Much larger than average. Dark colouration. Body composed of unusual DARK CRYSTALS along with the species' expected steel alloy.
[break]
TEMPERAMENT: Unpredictable. Sometimes compliant with trainer commands, other times combative. Can be explosively aggressive with no discernable trigger.
[break][break]
POKÉRUS-Y: Negative
[break]
SHADOW GENES: First Generation (Homozygous - Dominant)
[break]
ILLUMINA GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS:

First Generation Shadow Pokémon. Known as a "True Shadow". According to records, only Shadow Steelix known in existence.
[break][break]
Testing indicates that subject’s ROCK TYPE attacks appear to display DARK TYPE qualities instead. Formations that would usually be made out of solid stone appear to be composed of the same type of crystal that protrudes the from subject’s body. Crystal composition suspected to match that of Necrozma’s DARK CRYSTALS. Sample required for further analysis.
[break][break]
Subject appears to suffer RECOIL DAMAGE when utilising its crystals to attack. It is unlikely that its own typing has changed.
[break]
ADDITIONAL NOTES:[break]
Comparison of DARK CRYSTALS to those utilized by other Shadow Pokémon may prove beneficial to the understanding of Shadow Pokémon as a whole. Request samples from 's collection. Due to his connection with Necrozma, may also be of assistance when it comes to this matter.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 4:59:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: