Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 18:07:40 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The league's influence has certainly withered within the last 3 years, becoming a shell of it's former shelf. Before, Penelope Livey would cheer at this fact, glad the citizens of hoenn were finally breaking free from the continuous cycle of sweeten news and false narratives. Now? Well, it sucked ass.
[break][break]

An equal amount of sharp glares to proud smiles met her wherever she went. It grew exhausting at times, and honestly, it made her question her decision to run. But change ought to be made, and she needed to play her part in bringing it about.
[break][break]

White undershirt and distressed jeans pulled on, the councilwoman was out to assist one of the ongoing operations of relief over in Littleroot. There were more than a few familiar names dotting the list she reviewed, but for today, she decided on someone new. A person she hadn't had the pleasure of meeting before.
[break][break]

"Hello, you must be , right?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

VALOR - heal bell

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 20:14:26 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

It’s Littleroot he’s meant to be in, right?[break][break]

Perhaps he’s not a native to Hoenn, but the effort to provide relief still seems like a necessary effort. If he’s going to live here, he may as well do his part. The unfortunate downside being that he’s not the best with maps, and now he’s not sure that is where he’s supposed to be helping today.[break][break]

Not to mention the fact that he’s still familiarizing himself with notable faces within the Hoenn community at large. For the most part, he’s kept to himself in the months since his move over from Alola–apart from Rook, though even he sort of tumbled into Lam’s life by random chance as opposed to his actively seeking out companionship.[break][break]

So when someone calls his name, and he turns to greet her, Lam figures she must be at least somewhere in the tiered scale of those overseeing the restoration project, but he’s not exactly sure who she is. His relief is near palpable, however, as he heaves a sigh. “Yep! That’s me,” he chirps back, hand lifting to give the redhead a gesture that’s an awkward combination of a salute and a wave.[break][break]

“Reporting for duty, I guess? Not really sure if I’m in the right place..but if you know who I am, I must be–” Maybe if he realized he was speaking to one of the councilmembers he’d have the sense to act with a smidge more decorum, but for now he shrugs loosely with a sheepish sorta grin permafixed to his face.[break][break]

VALOR // heal bell!! // rip -5 intuition

[newclass=".lam"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote b, .lam blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lam blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lam blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lam .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .lam .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 17:15:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You're in the right place." Reassuring nods trailed behind the woman's smile. At least their partner for the day was the chirpy type -- she would've cried if he wasn't. There were too many gloomy types running around these days. Made for duller days over all.
[Break][break]
"So! Let's get going, shall we?" Gesturing over her shoulder, the woman began to walk forward, down the rural street of the quiet town. "Thank you for signing up, by the way. We can always use more help around here." Down several more steps would be a small tailor shop hidden within the corner of town. The front display window was shattered, and pieces of splintered wood sputtered out from the broken front door. "Looks like we're here."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 15:44:04 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

Lam puffs out a sigh, shoulders sagging in a show of obvious relief. “Oh, well glad to hear it. Last thing I wanted to hear is I should have actually been down in Verdanturf.” The bubble of laughter that follows is still a touch nervous, but it’s easy to fall back into a relaxed posture. He does better when he’s not worrying too hard about much.[break][break]

“By all means,” he replies with a nod, waving a hand in indication for her to lead the way. His hands slip into his pockets as he follows along, eventually falling in step alongside her so that he can glance in her direction when she pipes up again. “Oh, yeah of course. Feel like I should do my part, y’know?” The clashes that went on around him were a bit above his head, admittedly. Especially coming into the conflict at random only a few months ago. He was just…a guy. But that doesn’t mean he should ignore the after effects, right?[break][break]

“Is this where you’re from, then?” he asks casually, blithe expression fixing to blinking eyes. He’s quickly distracted by the damage presented, and he lets out a low whistle. “Yikes.” A small frown droops on his mouth, brows pinching together as he considers the trouble this must’ve caused the owners. He’s already ready to go though–decked out in old painting clothes. “Soo which part first, then?”[break][break]

[newclass=".lam"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote b, .lam blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lam blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lam blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lam .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .lam .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 14:45:45 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Let's start with glass, then the wood."
[BREAK][BREAK]
Beside the building, a small station was set up, supplying volunteers with gloves, trash bags, and mini cleaning supplies. There were a few more of these scattered around the town, allowing for easier cleanup efforts, but also, Penelope had personally asked to set up one for here. One of the few perks of being a councilwoman.
[BREAK][BREAK]
Moving toward the station, she took a second to slip her hands into a pair of hard, rubber gloves before plucking a single trash bag from the box. After, she'd return to the store's frontside and begin picking at the sprawling shards of glass. "The owner's out for the day, so we should be free to take as long as we need," She explained, "After we handle this, we have permission to go inside and help clean up the damage products. Hopefully there isn't too much." For both their sake and the owner's.
[BREAK][BREAK]
A soft sigh slipped out as she threw a rather large piece into the bag. "To answer your question, yes, I'm from around here. Born and raised over in Petalburg." A short pause broke her words. "Things sure are different, though."
[BREAK][BREAK]
"How about you? "
[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 16:51:15 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

“On it.” Lam gives her a short salute of acknowledgement, playful more than anything else. He is quick to follow suit, picking up materials from the station and pulling on the rubber gloves offered up. He’s still none the wiser to the fact that he’s working with one of the councilmembers, so to him, it’s simply coincidental convenience that there is a station right there for quick access.[break][break]

There’s so much glass that Lam idly wonders if they’d be better off attempting to sweep it up into a pile first. Though maybe that’s not so simple until the larger bits are cleared away, so without remarking on it, he just follows suit. Stooping down nearby, he sets to plucking up some of the larger pieces gingerly. “Cool, it doesn’t look like much, but you never know.” He shrugs a bit, tossing her a grin. He won’t admit it to her, but having a mozying pace is something he is thankful for–accustomed to moving at a lazier speed than most people. “If we’re lucky maybe everything’s external,” he agrees, though that might be wishful thinking.[break][break]

“I haven’t been to Petalburg, it sounds nice,” he replies as he shakes out his bag a bit to open it up better. "Different how? Er, besides the obvious." Green eyes flit over the scene in reference. As the question is turned back on him, Lam laughs with a shake of his head. “Me? Oh no, I’m from Hau’oli.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 5:11:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Idle conversation overtook the space between them as shard after shard was caught and tossed into it's appropriate bag.
[break][break]
"Mmm."
[break][break]
Penelope took a second to ponder the question. When faced with those words, most would be quick to agree, either using it as a chance to shit on the league or rocket or both. To think, there were still people who didn't immediately look to jump onto either side -- it was refreshing, in a way.
[break][break]
"Things are a lot tenser nowadays. For a lot of reasons." She took a short pause as she tied and tossed one of the filled trash bags where the others were piled up. Onto the next one.
[break][break]
"Hau'oli sounds nice, though. What made you leave for hoenn? I doubt it was our beaches haha."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 5:39:12 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

“I’ll admit, I’m not super in the know about everything. But I see what you mean, if this is evidence enough.”[break][break]

It made Lam a bit of a neutral party, coming into all of the factional differences with a clean slate. Not that he minded as much—it was a bit interesting to piece together (nosy, impartial observer that he was.)[break][break]

Lam laughed, not exactly disagreeing. “Not quite the same by a long shot, yeah.” He shrugged, pausing as he looked over at her, a larger shard of glass dangling loosely from his hand. “Wanted to see more, I guess. Inform my painting—that sounds mad pretentious.”[break][break]

His nose wrinkled as he let out another snort of laughter, hair flopping in his eyes with a short shake of his head. “My dad’s also a field researcher, so I help gather info on some flying types and their migrations.” Naturally, the dome had sorta messed with that, huh?[break][break]

“Oh, speaking of.” His head tilted as an idea came to him then, and Lam pulled a pokeball from his jacket pocket, calling out a fluttery little pidove. “Think Poppy might be able to save us some tedium,” he explained, then set her to sweeping up some of the scattered debris into a more collective pile using gentle, gentle sweeps of gust.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 2:20:55 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The gust is well appreciated, as it made the rest of the work much easier.
[break][break]
As the glass and debris collected into a small smile, Penelope looked back up, sending the man a quick glance.
[break][break]
"So you're an artist?"
[break][break]
Penelope was far from the creative type. Whenever she tried to make something, only the worst came, forcing her to just give up entirely.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 2:29:55 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

“In nebulous terms, hell yeah.” He gives the pidove an appreciative pat on the head for helping. She coos and flutters away to brush more debris into a pile. He follows after her, scooping what he can into a bag at greater volume than before.[break][break]

“mm, well, on paper…no. In that case I’m just an intern.” The words fall out a bit more grumbly than he means for them to. In his mind, he’s earned his due, but the gallery curator he works for seems to disagree.[break][break]

Lam allows the easy slump to his shoulders to return as he follows the mild complaint with a lazy smile and thumbs up, “Eventually, though, I’ll get somewhere. Are you? A creative type, I mean.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 2:24:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her? A creative type? Asking a question like that was almost as funny as asking the public figure what her full-time career was. Letting out a large roar of laughter, hands resting on her hips, Penelope glanced back at the young man, eyes now brimming with the sort of light befitting a politician.
[break][break]

"No. I wish I was, though.
[break][break]

Penelope set down another filled bag of glass and lightly wiped her hands together, rubbing off the stray shards.
[break][break]

"What do ya wanna paint, then, intern?"
[break][break]

Hopefully not Ultra beasts.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 16:15:02 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her laugh isn’t exactly unexpected. It’s not usually a surprising thing to ask and be met with the sort of response she gives. Particularly from those who don’t consider themselves artsy. It’s definitely nothing taken personally. “What do you enjoy, then?” Politely turning the question back around as they finish cleaning up the mess outside of the store.[break][break]

“You never know, though,” he remarked with an innocently playful wink, “you could always find a hidden inspiration.” Maybe some people were inherently talented in the arts, but Lam was still firmly of the mind that skill was also a developed matter. It took consistency.[break][break]

And also a lot of initial messing up.[break][break]

Lam sighed as he considered, pausing as he worked at tying off another bag. “I’m not sure it's the subject matter that interests me, so much as how evocative something can be.” He laughed then, glance shooting over to his pidove. “Also, lots of birds.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
SUPPORT
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:56:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: